Over one and mainly breast feeding! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
I think I'm doing everything right but I just need some opinions on what my 13 month old is eating! He is also gluten and dairy free....
He nurses upon waking and then has a gf waffle, gf pancake, or gf French toast sticks. They are all natural gmo free, I get them bc they are quick in the morning before my oldest has to get off to school. And the pancakes I make and freeze ahead if time...

He nurses again mid morning but often just a minute or two before back on the go.

Nurses before nap and often has a snack mid morning!.....

When he wakes he nurses and then has lunch which is either leftovers from dinner, or I just make him some veggies, cut up apples or applesauce . He usually doesn't eat much at lunch!

He usually has a snack at like 330 in the car when we pick up DD from school and breast feeds again upon returning home.

For dinner he has some sort if meat usually and a veggie ( or whatever we are having if it does not contain dairy)

He then nurses before bed and anywhere from 1to 3 times at night!

I am found BLW so he feeds himself and sometimes nurses in between these times but this is just the average!

Any thoughts or suggestions...TIA

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
He sounds perfect and normal. Keep it up and adjust to what he needs as those needs change.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 11-29-2013, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Sounds fine to me. Is he generally settled and meeting milestones? Usual amount of wet and dirty nappies? If so then I'd just carry on :-)

Neither of mine were huge solids eaters in the first year. My second is 12.5mo now and sometimes she will eat virtually no solids all day (we do BLW too) and other days you can't fill her up. Pretty sure DD1 was the same.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 11-30-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Ok thx ladies! my mommy instincts told me he was ok and the bf is making up for lack of solids but I just wanted some other opinions bc the BLW is new to me!

Old 11-30-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

And yes he is meeting milestones. Poops usually just once a day now! Never skips a day though!! A lot of wet diapers. He occasionally drinks wart too. Maybe one sippy lasts all day! Sometimes I will give him a sippy if coconut milk if he eats cereal for breakfast.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think if he's doing fine, you're doing fine!

My almost-one year old has a very similar schedule.  (She's nursing right now, in fact!)

One thing I'm personally trying to change up is less carb-y stuff in the morning (GF or not) and more protein-based and/or whole foods for breakfast.  Like yogurt, or leftovers from the night before, or a scrambled egg with vegetables.  If there was something you would like to look at it might be the same - keep the waffles half the time and offer something else the other half.  Or, you know... don't.  If it's working for you the way you're doing it, then good on you.  :)

Old 01-05-2014, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry just saw this! Yes I do eggs in the morning some days too but waffles and pancakes are just quick in mornings we have to get my daughter off to school. I make the pancakes ahead and freeze them! I just got a waffle maker for Christmas so I'll be able to make those homemade now too. He can't have dairy so I can't do yogurt unfortunately! It's been a month now since this post and he has started eating more, but still nurses just as much lol

User Tag List