Potty training book? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any recommendations? Daughter is 21 months old and loves to read. She hasn't been much interested in the potty though we've had it available and offered off and on for some time now. I'd like a book to introduce into the rotation. Can't hurt, right? I leafed through a copy of Everyone Poops but it was a little broad for my taste and I wasn't nuts about some of the pictures. 

#2 of 9 Old 03-30-2013, 01:26 PM

We loved "Potty" by Leslie Patricelli. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

sassyfirechick likes this.
#3 of 9 Old 03-30-2013, 06:23 PM

My son loves that book too. He can practically read it to himself since he's had it read to him at least once a day for almost a year now. He loves the "Tinkle Tinkle Toot" page and will crack up every time he reads it.
#4 of 9 Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 PM

My DS loves that book too!
#5 of 9 Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Ooh I will look for this potty book! We have "no no yes yes" by the same author and DD LOVES it.
#6 of 9 Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM

I do love Everyone Poops.  We keep that one by my son's potty because he love to read it while he poops.  :)

Another one I liked was the Dr. Sears potty book, You Can Go to the Potty. 

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#7 of 9 Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Haha DD loves the "tinkle tinkle toot" as well and will open right up to that page!

#8 of 9 Old 04-02-2013, 02:29 PM

How do we write posts or even ask questions? I am obviously new and was referred by my homeschooling group. We don't vaccinate but trying to find a doctor who will not judge or pressure our decisions. Thanks for any help
#9 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmommy1977 View Post

How do we write posts or even ask questions? I am obviously new and was referred by my homeschooling group. We don't vaccinate but trying to find a doctor who will not judge or pressure our decisions. Thanks for any help

welcome to the forums!!!  when you are in a area that you would liek to start a new thread, you can use the turquoise button near that top (under the large title) that say [Start a New Thread] or add to the one you reading by clicking the other button there [Post a Reply] though it is a good idea to read to the end of a thread before replieng since the info could have been added to or updated as it goes. there is repluy buttons after the last post always as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Any recommendations? Daughter is 21 months old and loves to read. She hasn't been much interested in the potty though we've had it available and offered off and on for some time now. I'd like a book to introduce into the rotation. Can't hurt, right? I leafed through a copy of Everyone Poops but it was a little broad for my taste and I wasn't nuts about some of the pictures. 

not sure about kids book, but the one i suggest every parent read is Oh Crap! Potty Training. http://www.jamieglowacki.com  truely great and a bonus that hte lady who writes it and the bog is a very great woman with a good parenting style

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Tags
Toddlers , Potty Training The Ultimate Potty Training Guide

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page