Increase in accidents - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS2 will be three in about a month. Over Thanksgiving, I decided to go whole hog on PL with him since we had few obligations over the long weekend. Previously we had given him some bare bottom time at home but I hesitated to go out places without a diaper on him.

The first few days were rough. Then he started catching on. We had a few days with one accident. Maybe one day with no accidents. The last couple of days seem to have an increasing number of accidents. His daddy is away on business although I would be surprised in that is the reason why because DS2 is quite attached to me, not so much to daddy. Two days ago, it was four in one day. Yesterday, there was a poop accident, a pee in the bath incident and an additional time where I put a shirt on the floor and picked up later and it was mysteriously wet.

I don't want to have a huge battle of wills over pottying but unfortunately DS2 when in diapers would refuse to get poopy ones changed. He resists, runs away, squirms while getting changed and grabs at his diaper area while being changed - often before I can get things cleaned up. So diapers = batlle of wills and PLing = battle of wills?

Should I ride out this tide of accidents or postpone PLing?

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#2 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I just read this , as we are having potty issues and it really does suck! Hugs to you mama for your patience
http://naturalparentsnetwork.com/potty-training-regression/
#3 of 8 Old 12-14-2013, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I've been hanging in there with the potty learning. Today he had one accident and I believe yesterday was a one accident day as well.

ribbonpb.gif
#4 of 8 Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would just ride it out. It doesn't have to be a battle of wills. Don't condone accidents but accept them as part of the learning process. DS had been accident free for almost a month and suddenly in the last two days had several accidents - including poop which he never has - and resisted the potty in general. He is sick with a cold so I'm not pressuring him at all, just reminding him to pee on the potty and asking for help cleaning the floor. Today was better. No accidents and just moderate resistance.

They're learning and testing and experimenting. Just like with everything they do
#5 of 8 Old 12-22-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

This past week has been going much better: a mix of one accident and no accident days. smile.gif

Next step: trying to potty in public!
cwill likes this.

ribbonpb.gif
#6 of 8 Old 12-29-2013, 09:45 PM

How are you doing?
My ds was having major accidents after no diapers for 7 months. I was getting so frustrated and just figured( from reading the above article) that he put potty training on the back burner and all I could do was keep telling him what I hoped and expected. Well, one day on holiday vacation at grandmas's my son started to speak in whole sentences to everyone(now it's been 7 days) and the same day started going pee and poop on his own in the potty!!! We have been so frustrated for a whole month and all he was doing was trying to get it all together. So now I am returning home with speaking potty trained toddler!
#7 of 8 Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

It has been quite a while since I updated this thread. We went on vacation to visit family just after Christmas and it seemed to click with him. Now he is having streaks of no accident days. Accidents still happen, oddly usually one a day on back to back days then a streak of dry days. It is a big improvement even if we're not prefect.

ribbonpb.gif
#8 of 8 Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post

It has been quite a while since I updated this thread. We went on vacation to visit family just after Christmas and it seemed to click with him. Now he is having streaks of no accident days. Accidents still happen, oddly usually one a day on back to back days then a streak of dry days. It is a big improvement even if we're not prefect.
Good to know!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page