Mothering Forum banner

Is there a parasite cleanse for children?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sillysapling 
#1 ·
Has anyone done a parasite cleanse on their children? My son who is 9 months old has been having intestinal/digestive issues.. https://vidd.me/xPP

#4 ·
No, luckily I haven't had to it that young, and I would not do any parasite cleanse on an infant without a positive diagnosis first. I would want to know exactly what I was dealing with. Little ones have all kinds of digestive disturbances that are not due to parasites.

Applejuice - have you found any issues with using food grade DE with babies who are still in diapers? Irritation or chaffing from a poopy diaper after consuming DE?

#9 ·
I agree, try to get a diagnosis and work with a healthcare professional on doing this. You can look into holistic practitioners if you want to avoid giving your child drugs (understandable).

You really want to be careful with cleansing at this young. I realize that parasites are bad, but Herxheimer reactions can be brutal. If you don't know the right dosage to start out at, you could flood your baby's body with more toxins than it can handle. And if it turns out that something else is the problem, then you'll have taken the risk for nothing.

It may be better to just make sure your baby has the healthiest diet possible for now. Probiotics are a good idea. Give his body the best tools to fight any problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.