Mothering Forum banner

Won't poop in the potty

927 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  lightrock 
#1 ·
My almost 3 year old son has been peeing in the potty but refuses to poop in the potty. He started peeing in the potty about 6 months ago, but he would freak out if we tried to bring him to the potty for #2 . He is still on diapers because of that, and because he is still on diapers, he still pees in his diapers as well. He definitely is able to tell me if he wants to use the potty, but he has not once yet told me voluntarily that he has to go potty.

I'm not that stressed out about potty training. I know it will happen one day, but I'm just a little confused as to why he has such aversion to pooping in the potty when he has no problem peeing, (He definitely doesn't have a problem sitting on the potty as this was how he started peeing in the potty at first) and if there's anything I can do to help him just poop once in the potty! I have urges to just strip him and seat him on the potty when he starts going, but I worry that it'll traumatize him if I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.