FIN #3-MA-Family of 5 recovering from multiple unexpected medical challenges - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-28-2013, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

FIN #3-MA

If you have an item for this FIN, please contact tightwaderin.

What is your family situation? We are a family of 5 2 girls 9 and 6 years old and a boy 4.75 years old. my husband works full time and also is a full time student. I stay at home due to his work schedule and my son not being in kindergarten yet. We used all our savings to move out of inlaws in june and I was hoping this year we would be able to be helpers instead of a family in need. but my husband had surgery in March and medical bills have continued to pile up. We dont have dental insurance and my son just recently went to dentist and we were told he has 8 cavities of those 2-3 need root canals and so when we took him to get the cavities filled he didnt do well at. So we have been living pay check to pay check to cover medical and dental bills. And we are trying and hoping we will be able to give the kids a good christmas.

Family Situation Update: Last week our dryer gave out and I thought ok we can deal with this well things got worse. On Monday we woke up to water pouring into the kitchen from ceiling. Called emergency maintence and they took 2 hrs to respond and even longer to finally call a plumber. I left with the kids and I am staying at my moms because they ripped cabinets in kitchen out and need to put new in. They told my husband that plumber found the metal holder that you put toilet paper on in the pipe which caused a blockage and the water to come through ceiling. We assume my son flushed it at some point down the toilet. And we have to pay the bill for damage caused by the water coming into kitchen.since it was caused by our negligence. We are waiting to recieve the bill from management. My husband said they are putting in new cabinets today. So between a broken dryer and flooding into kitchen we are no going to be able to get my children anything for Christmas. Things were looking up and now crashed down around us.

Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? christmas

Any allergies or sensitivities in the family (e.g. cat, dog, smoke)? none

Children:
Child #1:
Age and gender: 9.5 years old female
Items requested:

1. winter gloves that are good in snow item sent :o

2. twin size comforter from walmart room zone brand zebra plush OR pink hearts item sent :o

3. Books, like American girl doll books about McKenna the gymnast or she would love the gymnast fairy and any thea stilton books girly ones.

Child #2:
Age and gender: 6.5 years old female
Items requested:

1. crew style socks like Hanes she is a size 1/2 shoe item sent :o

2. twin size comforter from walmart room zone brand zebra plush OR pink hearts item sent :o

3. the our generation 4x4 car at target or the scooter

child #3 4.75 year old boy

1. snowpants size 5 bib style would be great for him item sent :o

2. winter gloves mitten style good for snow. item sent :o

3. Ninja turtle punch pal loves Leo and Donatello but any one of them would make him happy item sent :o

Adults:

Adult #1 (YOU!):

Items requested:

1. sweetheart jeans size 10 from old navy reg or short skinny jean or bootcut. gift card for items sent :o

2. sweatshirts/fleece sweatpants from old navy. size Large pants xl/xxl sweatshirts.gift card for items sent :o

3. black snow boots size 10w

Adult #2:
Items requested:

1. 3x winter jacket dark colors(black,navy,gray), not a puffy type jacket, a 2 in 1 jacket would be awesome

2. Boxer shorts Hanes Size 2xl item sent :o

3. Socks big and tall hanes white or black crew style. item sent :o

Needs for Your Family As A Whole:

Items requested:

1. Giftcard.walmart item sent :o

2. space heater cool touch shuts off if tips over/shuts off after it hits certain temperature/energy efficient item sent :o

Of the items requested above, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family:
* space heater
*  jackets snowpants
* clothing

HappyHappyMommy likes this.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page