FIN #12-MA-NEEDS MET :-) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-02-2013, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

FIN #12-MA

If you have something for this family, please contact grisandole.

What is your family situation? I'm sad to say that we are in such a financial slump this year.  My son has had some pretty scary times health wise (including experiencing temporal lobe seizures for the first time).  I had to stop what little work I was doing in order to be with my son.  Due to his many illnesses/hospital stays due to an immune deficiency and hospital stays for for in-patient EEG's, I can't work outside the home.  I'm a single mom, so that means finances have been horrible.

I know that this Christmas is most likely not going to look/feel as nice as it has been in years past.  With my son's birthday happening the week before Christmas, it means even more financial stress.  I've tried so hard to talk to my son about our change in income, etc, but he's on the autism spectrum and just doesn't seem to understand.  I will do my best to stress the importance of our being happy that we are together and mostly healthy (his friend is currently being treated for Leukemia so he's starting to understand that life is about more than just getting toys.  But, he doesn't seem to hold onto that understanding for long.)  He has a couple of hospital appointments this month and one thing we are doing is donating some of my son's books that he has read to the patient lounge on the floor that he's been a patient on.  I think it's important for him to feel the joy of helping others.

Any help that I can get for my little guy would be so very appreciated.  After having such a rough year, I want to see my son happy on Christmas morning.

Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Christmas

Any allergies or sensitivities in the family (e.g. cat, dog, smoke)? Severely allergic to cats/dogs (therefore, everything needs to be new/shipped from store).  Many food allergies so we can't accept food.

Children:

Child #1:
Age and gender: 11 yr old boy
Items requested:

1. Minecraft toys (any) item sent :o

2. Minecraft shirt or jacket (size 12/14) item sent :o

3. Yogibo (small or medium size) http://www.yogibo.com/yogi-mini-2.html, http://www.yogibo.com/yogi-midi-4.html item to be sent :o

Adults:

Adult #1 (YOU!):

Items requested:

1. new Hair Dryer item sent :o

Needs for Your Family As A Whole:

Items requested:

1. Target gift card item sent :o

2. Toys R Us gift card item sent :o

Of the items requested above, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family:

*Minecraft toys

*Target Gift Card

*Yogibo

HappyHappyMommy likes this.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page