#31 of 150 Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've gained 10 lbs too... 

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#32 of 150 Old 04-18-2014, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm totally the outlier here- at my last check-up at 16 weeks, I had gained 21 pounds (that was 2 weeks ago and I'm sure it's more now).  I was thin and in shape to begin with.  But this happens every pregnancy.  It's like my body just needs all this extra fat to sustain the pregnancy.  My mw is not worried and my bp is actually too low (always is).  But I don't love it, especially my bottom- it's way too big.  I do usually even out towards the end and gain a total of 35- 40 pounds.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#33 of 150 Old 04-18-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

kateaton - I remember you mentioning your "up front" weight gain.  What a trip!  My BP runs low too... always around ~100/60's even as of last visit. 

#34 of 150 Old 04-18-2014, 05:49 PM

My body is just weird :eyesroll

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#35 of 150 Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I always gain about 40 pounds too but have gained more quickly this time. I'm wondering if it will slow down or if I"ll just gain more this time. I'm 18w3d and I'm up 15 pounds.  I also have low blood pressure when i'm pregnant (not sure if that's related at all). It is around 100-110/58.  

#36 of 150 Old 04-19-2014, 04:12 PM

I have NEVER gained weight like this and it's wiggin it out a little. I was a healthy weight when I started but I'm 19.5 weeks and up 16-18 lbs! I gained 30 some lbs the first time, 20 some lbs the second time. I piled it on the last month or two... This might not turn out too pretty.
#37 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 04:48 PM

well, I was weighed last wednesday at the OB's.. started off THIS pregnancy at about 132=135#,  I was 151# last week at 21 weeks. bag.gif   i quit.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#38 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel you danielleluetoo.  I started heavy at 175 now I am at 191.  Imagine seeing that on the scale?  I was really hoping not to go past 190.  Now, being reasonable, I am hoping not to surpass 205.  would of loved to of started at 135, which was more of my high school weight :)

#39 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM

I started out at 125 and am now currently 152.5.  That's a 27.5 pound weight gain at 22 weeks.  Not cool.

#40 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM

awe, Daisygrl ;-(    I put on 75# with my first.... a strong urge for burger kind and candy bars helped that along....

Kateaton, I KINDA started off there too...well, I was 125#  last august, (when we got married ;-) then we conceived right away but lost the babe in november, AND THEN conceived 6 weeks after that. But, in between, the miscarriage threw my whole body out whack and I put on those extra lbs before hand and then said, EFF it! THEN morning sickness AND food aversions made my diet very limited and of course the only thing I wanted or could stomach was junk. So, if I stay under 180# this time, I think I'll be OK, but ideally would prefer not to put on ANY more weight...I am already VERY obviously pregnant, even having customers at he store asking me when I'm due! ooph!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#41 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I don't give any credit to the scale at the doctor's office bc of clothing variability.  It's just insulting!  At 24.5 weeks I've gained right around 20 lbs, and this is way more than I've ever weighed before.  Yeah, some is in my belly but I bet 15lbs of it is in my butt!  My body must be preparing to breastfeed one voracious little monster...

#42 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Inna! YES! did you see that article recently, I think Psychology Today put it out? It was actually about means physical preferences and women's body shapes... doesn't sound related, but it IS! It basically said that women who carry weight in their butts/thighs, vs tummy and upper torso have GREATER amounts of DHEA in their breast milk!!!!!! And evolutionarily speaking, this attracted men to these women because they would make better mothers.  

Inna, s this your first babe? This is my second and my body is gearing up BIG TIME!  I didn't "pop" with my first until I was almost 7 months, went up ONE cup size put in a bunch of weight before and breast fed like a champ! THIS pregnancy, I started showing before FOUR months, I've already gone up TWO cup sizes and starting to lactate already, plus up 3 underwear sizes ;-(.... DHEA, YEAH BABY!

#43 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I don't have any butt to speak of... Now or before... But belly I do!

I still haven't gained any weight. I did just lose 10lbs in water weight again, thanks Gastro illness! But I don't need to gain. My personal top goal is 15lbs overall. And I really hope I hit less. I will not be posting my actual weight because it's just not a good number.

But I swear DH has Covede (?) syndrome (sympathetic pregnancy) because he's gained between 10-15lbs already...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#44 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 07:17 PM

I started out a bit overweight and at 22 weeks have gained about 10-12 lbs depending on the day.

Jess homeschool.gif mom to 3 boys (ages 13, 9, & 6) and expecting a stork-girl.gif
#45 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm 21 weeks now and have gained about 17 pounds. I had gained more, but I've been sick the past 2 weeks and have lost 2-3 pounds.  I just haven't had an appetite and I can't smell or taste anything so I eating just isn't very appealing.  

#46 of 150 Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

When I started my pregnancy with DD 6 years ago I was about 170 and I was above 220 when I gave birth. It was rapid gain beginning in the first trimester despite m/s...

I got back close to pp weight within a year, and was around 180 for most of the last 5 years.

My thyroid got really whacked out and I gained about 40 lbs while trying to conceive over the last year. I had a loss that I think triggered most of the gain.

So I started this pregnancy at 220. I am about 224 most days. But my shape has majorly changed! Underpants about 2 sizes bigger. Bra two sizes bigger around the rib cage. Obviously the tummy is hugely round. I must have lost muscle laying around for 5 months...

It is interesting how different two pregnancies can be! I am hoping for slow weight gain here on out, maybe topping off at 230ish. Maybe then I will be able to get back to my normal 175ish zone within a year. That would be amazing!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#47 of 150 Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am up 25 lbs at 22 weeks! I'm getting a bit scared about how much I'm going to gain!

But I feel like instead of letting it get me down (its the most I've ever weighed albeit for good reason) as long as I'm still eating healthy and within reason ( a sweet or two here and there to give in to cravings) that I'll prob end up at 40ish and happy as long as everything with the wee one is ok!

#48 of 150 Old 05-09-2014, 10:40 AM

I am 21 weeks, and so far lost 7 pounds, but all in the first weeks. I normally gain in the third trimester. So altogether I gained 0 with the first, then 20 with the second. I wonder what happens this time... Now 170.
#49 of 150 Old 05-09-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I'm fluctuating the same 5 lbs as pre-pregnancy. This is typical for me. My metabolism shoots through the roof and I probably eat better. So starting overweight I basically replace some extra weight with baby! I usually end up about 10+ lbs under my starting weight after birth. It's strange but happened with both the other kids. Who knows.
#50 of 150 Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

At 21 weeks I've gained about 15-20 pounds, depending on if I've stuffed my face lately and how constipated I am. 

#51 of 150 Old 05-10-2014, 08:52 PM

I tend to gain more than most in pregnancy, which I personally think is related to having igt and my body thinking I should be making more milk so it stores fat. I think with dd I gained nearly 50 and with ds it was around 38 lbs. I have lost weight both times postpartum and gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight. With this baby I am trying something new and not letting the nurses tell me how much I have gained. It seriously just messes with my head and there's nothing I can do about it. I crossfit 2-3 times a week and eat a pretty clean diet with hardly any sugar, so I'm confidant that my lifestyle is healthy and I'm also pretty sure I will gain more than I want to. So, I decided to just take the weight worry off of the table and not even know what I'm gaining this time around.

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#52 of 150 Old 05-11-2014, 05:14 AM

what is igt?

#53 of 150 Old 05-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Oh, sorry . . . Igt is insufficient glandular tissue . . . Also called mammary hypoplasia. Basically, it means you don't have all of your mammary glands and your body is incapable of producing enough milk to sustaina life, so supplementation of some sort has to take place. Couldn't figure out the reasons for lack of supply with my first baby, but she lost so much weight before we started supplementing that she was nearly hospitalized. With my second, my new MW and her LC had experience with it and diagnosed me. It's really not fun at all, but it is what it it. There are some good threads about it on the he breasfeeding challenges board and heres a a good article for lll on it: http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lviss2-3-2009p4.html

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#54 of 150 Old 05-11-2014, 07:31 PM

thank you!

I didn't realize it was insufficient glandular tissue (I know the condition well, have 2 friends with this, lactaid to toddlerhood and motilium  + fenugreek until solids start).

sorry you have to live with it. If you have the chance to nurse to toddlerhood, then you are like any other mom, comfort nursing, no worries about supply, lactaids or pumping. 

one of my friend with igt even did adoptive nursing until her adopted daughter was 5!

#55 of 150 Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

How do you guys find out your weight so often? Do you all have scales at home? I only know when I go to the doctor's office, so I knew my weight at 5/6 weeks, 13 and then 17 weeks. I don't gain much in the early weeks (up 4# between 5 and 17) but I know I'll gain a bunch at the end.

I started at 118 and ended at 141 with my daughter. We decided to get married and start trying for a second baby after the wedding, and I switched from Depo shot to NuvaRing about 6 months before the wedding. I blew up 15 lbs!! So I got pregnant 2 weeks after the wedding and was 130#. I lost 11# in the first trimester- part from horrible morning sickness but a lot was just getting off that birth control. I ended up at the exact same weight as my daughter, and lost a TON right after he was born because I was just tired and didn't make time to eat. He was a super hungry baby too. I gained it back slowly and was 120 when I started this time. I'm having premonitions that this time is going to be harder to bounce back to pre-baby weight. I'm getting older, more tired, and even though we eat well, I'm too tired to exercise much.

#56 of 150 Old 05-12-2014, 08:08 AM

Yep have a scale at home. I've been a daily weigher forever. My mother started the daily weigh in at our house. She was a nurse and a daily morning/evening weigher and I just sort of learned from her. Its not necissarily a good thing at all in my book but its habit that has managed up until the last year to keep me in good health and check and in lots of the same clohehs over many years. But sometimes I hate that I do it. If I have a wee girl next go round I won't do this in front of her. It can give you a complex!

#57 of 150 Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I stepped on the scale at my mom's last night. 190! eek! Normally I'm around 145. BUT, it was after supper and I have been constipated. Plus, I had swollen ankles last night so I guess I'm retaining water. At least, that is how I am rationalizing it.

I know I've gained quite a bit though. My feet have been KILLING me when I have to walk or stand, and I had to buy some supportive shoes.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#58 of 150 Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, after my fabulous mothers day weekend, I have put on another few pounds. Darn gf cake!

So I am 22w5d and have gain about 7 pounds (5 net).

But honestly my belly just grew SO much, I think it can't just be cake. Lol.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#59 of 150 Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 PM

I have no idea how much weight I've gained - I gained about 45 pounds last pregnancy but then by 10ish months postpartum I was definitely a bit underweight so while it obviously comes off, I'm just feeling uncomfortable by the end of the day.  My skin feels streeeeeetched, my belly button shallow, my belly just... tight and uncomfortable.  I'm not gassy, just... pregnant.  It's been especially hot here, too (in the 90s today and hotter tomorrow) which makes me that much more uncomfortable.

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#60 of 150 Old 05-14-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post

Yep have a scale at home. I've been a daily weigher forever. My mother started the daily weigh in at our house. She was a nurse and a daily morning/evening weigher and I just sort of learned from her. Its not necissarily a good thing at all in my book but its habit that has managed up until the last year to keep me in good health and check and in lots of the same clohehs over many years. But sometimes I hate that I do it. If I have a wee girl next go round I won't do this in front of her. It can give you a complex!

Crickets! I just wanted to chime in and say... I think it's just as important not to reinforce these habits in front of boys.  Just so that they don't grow up thinking that a woman should keep herself "in check" in that manner.  And I hereby give you permission to ditch the scale and it's tyranny.  xoxoxo

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page