weight gain and weeks pregnant - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 05-26-2014, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm at 12-14 lbs weight gain (depending on the day) at 25 weeks. It's so strange though because some days I feel huge and other days not so much.
Towards the end of the day I definitely feel bigger even though I really haven't had much swelling.

Jess homeschool.gif mom to 3 boys (ages 13, 9, & 6) and expecting a stork-girl.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's official, I've grown out of half of my maternity work wardrobe. I'm wearing a button down top today that I'm pretty sure I'll hulk out of if I bend over to pick anything up or stretch too hard. Must remember: small movements only.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:01 PM

I am 24 weeks and up 26 lbs :O. Some days I feel the weight gain, and some days, its no big deal at all. :-)

Old 05-27-2014, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ha I hear you both! I am having a harder time bending over and not grunting. I also today feel super bloated but yesterday I felt just fine. I'm up a total of 26 according to scale. 

Old 05-27-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post

Ha I hear you both! I am having a harder time bending over and not grunting. I also today feel super bloated but yesterday I felt just fine. I'm up a total of 26 according to scale. 

I've been doing the grunting thing lately!  Man, picking up toys is lousy when pregnant.  I remember last time around about this time we had this big tree seed/seedling study going on and I had to find each seed and bend over to check it or plant....I felt like my head was going to explode and kept getting nosebleeds.  What a pain!

Old 05-27-2014, 04:47 PM

Awww! newmamalizzy! I haven't had a full fledged nosebleed but there have been days where I blow it and am like WHOA! There are bloody chunks in there! Yipes!

Old 05-27-2014, 05:01 PM

Delicious! lol

Old 05-27-2014, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I stopped bending over awhile ago lol.gif if something hits the ground I call the kids/dog or husband lmao

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 05-27-2014, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Erm, cellulite? just me?  cheese cake cravings? just me, again?....lol.... yeah nosebleeds and bending over def. suck. I've been getting lots of the former and try not to do the latter.  It's like I have an alien body and I'm forced to wear 2 snow suits ALL> THE> TIME> now. ;-( I'm hot, sweaty, can't cross my legs comfortably, can only bend over if I grunt (SO attractive!) and just today realized that my THIRD trimester is ONLY 2 weeks away!!!!!!!! This also means I'm this big and this uncomfortable almost 4 months before the big finally! Jeebus, I need a pool, part of me hopes I'm fluffy enough to float.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellebluetoo View Post

Erm, cellulite? just me?  cheese cake cravings? just me, again?....lol.... yeah nosebleeds and bending over def. suck. I've been getting lots of the former and try not to do the latter.  It's like I have an alien body and I'm forced to wear 2 snow suits ALL> THE> TIME> now. ;-( I'm hot, sweaty, can't cross my legs comfortably, can only bend over if I grunt (SO attractive!) and just today realized that my THIRD trimester is ONLY 2 weeks away!!!!!!!! This also means I'm this big and this uncomfortable almost 4 months before the big finally! Jeebus, I need a pool, part of me hopes I'm fluffy enough to float.

Amniotic fluid is buoyant. :p

Old 05-27-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAsylum View Post

Amniotic fluid is buoyant. :p

AWESOME!   lol

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

At 27 weeks I'm up 27lbs.  Looks like I'm in it for the 40lb gain. 

It is so freaky bc I've never gained weight before - I have a norm range with 4 lbs fluctuation that I never deviate from.  I'm not eating any more than usual either but my body is packing it all in my boobs and back side.  I sure hope my normal metabolism returns post-pg... it's either that or I learn to love cellulite.  Eek!

Old 05-28-2014, 01:00 PM

I didn't even think about the bloody nose thing. So THATS what is going on...

Old 05-28-2014, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm at 20-23 lbs at 24 weeks. Can't really remember where I started from.  

Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I'm also around 23 pounds at 24 weeks.  I have gained between 37-40 pounds with every pregnancy so I'm assuming I'll do the same with this one.  

Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 PM

This is my third pregnancy and I have gained 15 lbs at 25 weeks.  I only gained 20 lbs with my other two pregnancies, but my midwife is really happy that I seem to be gaining more.  It's really impossible to compare though because every woman and baby is built so differently.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmm. My first 24 Weeks I only gained about 5 lbs which was great because I started out overweight by a good margin. I just stepped on the scale and I am up A total of almost 15 pounds now! Yikes! Could I have gained that much in 3 weeks? Is that dangerous? It has been hot and I have been eating a lot of Mexican food, so I am thinking bloat. Also, the belly has majorly popped.... Anyone else Seeing a growth spurt?

Edited to add: as of Thursday, I am down again, now at about 11 lbs gain. I am feeling relieved and aware that I need to avoid restaurant food.

Last edited by anyalily; 06-12-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
6 pounds up and soon 24weeks.
I have gained over 40 pounds with my last 2 pregnancies.
My MD hopes that I will gain as little as possible. I make huge babies.
my fundal hight at 23 weeks was 28cm!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:14 PM

Awwww I'm expecting a huge baby too... first was 8.3 and second was 9.3 and at my US last week baby was already measuring 3 lbs and a couple weeks ahead... If I go a week over we may just keep the trend going and this one will be 10.3

Old 06-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Well I have offically hit the can't bend over stage. Not sure what happen but all of a sudden I am uncomfortable. I am 26 weeks and I feel like a beached Whale. When I sit I just want to lean back to accommodate my stomach. I also found out at my 24 week appointment that over the previous 3 weeks I had gained over a kg a week so I am trying to be a little bit better about what I am eating. So far I have gained 22 lbs. Hoping to keep it under 40 lbs.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
Old 06-18-2014, 07:06 AM

With my first son I started at 120 and went up to 160. He was nearly 10 lb. With my second son I started underweight at 108 and went up to 160. He was born at 11 lb 3 oz. This time I started at about 125 (estimating) and am already up to 151.6 at almost 27 weeks. I know I'll go over 160 this time. It's a bit depressing, as I'm not very tall to distribute the weight. Clothes that fit at this point the last 2 pregnancies don't fit me. I'm finding I have to buy the next size up. Anyhow, I'm hoping for a smallish (for me) 9 lb baby, but I'm already measuring ahead. I measured 28 weeks at 26 weeks 6 days. I'm trying not to stress even though I feel like a beached whale.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I usually gain about 40 lbs but last time I gained about twice that! I think it was because I had switched to a gluten-free diet which pretty much took away almost all of my morning sickness, which had previously been nearly 24-hour x 9 month sickness. I got pregnant with this one with about the same spacing as all the others, so I had not gotten rid of that extra 40 yet. I was a little afraid I was going to do another 80lb. gain, but so far I am up about 30 at just under 30 weeks.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I started this pregnancy at 125 and was at 158.5 at 27 w 5 d- oh and I measured 32 weeks! I have never measured this far ahead with any of my others- but this is my first boy and I'm thinking he's just going to be bigger than my girls- seriously hoping that he's not over 9 pounds though!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 PM

Still haven't gained weight here. I'm still down a pound or two from starting weight (which was down 10lbs from where I'd been stuck at for a year or so). But I'm measuring ahead and expecting a 9-10lb baby. If I get one that's smaller then cool but I'm not expecting it

Old 06-30-2014, 08:49 AM

I'm down 2 pounds from my starting weight, still at 29 weeks. I'm measuring right on target though, so I guess it's all good. My other 3 babies have all been fairly small, too. The biggest was 7#9oz.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only mama on the lower end. I come from a family of women who "gain in the baby, not in the mama" - so at 30 weeks I've only gained 7lbs. He's measuring great though and is VERY active so I have no doubts about his well being. Eating tons of protein, healthy fats, good carbs, and taking all the "Crunchy" supplements (cod liver oil, red raspberry leaf, whole food prenatals, probiotics, etc.). But MAN! When he's ready to grow - he takes control of my body. In the past week I've been exhausted, sleeping something like 12 hours a day and eating constantly the rest of the day. Started to get worried and then realized he was kicking harder AND my rib cage finally expanded. Hello needing to buy bras AGAIN. :/
Old 07-06-2014, 09:12 PM

I'm now up to 30 pounds over normal weight at 29 weeks. I'm trying to cut back a little on the fats and sugars but I am also having swollen feet so I'm trying not to eat too much salt. I am finding it difficult to feel satisfied between breakfast and lunch so I'm probably snacking more than usual.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 AM

First pregnancy and 5'3. My non pregnant weight ranged between 110-116

116 pounds when I got my
Dropped to 103 pounds in first trimester.

Currently 131 pounds and 35weeks+6

Between 28-33 weeks I stopped gaining weight.

My mother in all her pregnancies stopped gaining weight once she hit 130lbs.
After me (5th and last baby) she says she turned into a whale lol

Young Momma + Wife Baby #1 On His Way God Willing (9/11/2014)
Looking Forward To & & &
Old 08-14-2014, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
14 pounds at 32 weeks.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirthandmercy View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only mama on the lower end. I come from a family of women who "gain in the baby, not in the mama" - so at 30 weeks I've only gained 7lbs. He's measuring great though and is VERY active so I have no doubts about his well being. Eating tons of protein, healthy fats, good carbs, and taking all the "Crunchy" supplements (cod liver oil, red raspberry leaf, whole food prenatals, probiotics, etc.). But MAN! When he's ready to grow - he takes control of my body. In the past week I've been exhausted, sleeping something like 12 hours a day and eating constantly the rest of the day. Started to get worried and then realized he was kicking harder AND my rib cage finally expanded. Hello needing to buy bras AGAIN. :/
Im struggling with protein chocies. What are some of your go-to meals/snacks of choice when it comes to protein?

Young Momma + Wife Baby #1 On His Way God Willing (9/11/2014)
Looking Forward To & & &

User Tag List