weight gain and weeks pregnant - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 147 Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am curious about everyone's weight gain. With my DD, I had gained at least ten pound by this time... This time, I have lost two pounds. Granted I was 50 pounds heavier this time than last time. (thyroid issues and miscarriage...) I gained about 60 pounds in my pregnancy last time. I definitely CAN'T do that again.

So I am 15+3 weeks and no gain. How many weeks are you, how many pounds up and if this isn't your first, is it feeling the same as last time?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#2 of 147 Old 03-22-2014, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
16 weeks 5 days and haven't gained really. Sometimes I'm down a lb and sometimes I'm up but I'm staying pretty constant every morning. I did go down 10 lbs when I was sick and again on vacation lol but holding steady around my starting weight. I have no real weight to gain. Losing some is preferable or gaining no more than about 15-20 overall. I'm not just fluffy I am pretty overweight. Although the public health nurse told me I didn't look that big yesterday lol.gif but I am...

Last pregnancy I thought I gained 40 like my first but I read through most of my posts from my last DDC over the past few days and it turns out at 20 weeks I was down 11lbs and at 40 I had gained about 15lbs. I was overweight then too and close to the same starting weight.

With my first I started out significantly lighter but a fit overweight and I gained 20lbs over the first 7.5 months but then gained another 20 in the last couple months wink1.gif

My biggest issue this time is that I'm not working to keep me fit. My job was really physical but my life right now is anything but greensad.gif need to start walking more and maybe get back in the pool again. I started swimming again when the girls both went to school this year and fell off that when I got sick.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 147 Old 03-22-2014, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I fluctuate in the same 5lb range. No actual weight gain at 13wks. Starting out fairly overweight.
#4 of 147 Old 03-22-2014, 09:55 PM

I hadn't gained any thing until last week... Then we took a trip... Had chick fil a a few times... And ate my parents cooking. I am currently 5+ lbs. at 14 weeks. Nice...

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#5 of 147 Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I'm normally slim and very steady weight wise.  So far I have gained about 10 lbs at 17w5d!  I know it's inevitable but I'm def not loving it.  :irked    My eating has been pretty much the same as always and I'm exercising regularly.  I guess my bod is just allocating things a bit differently these days!

#6 of 147 Old 03-23-2014, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started out super fit and trim and have gained about 6lbs by now, I am 14 weeks + 4 days now. I have noticed that my body is gaining weight differently during prenancy. Normally when I gain, I quickly get fat around my belly. Now my thighs are getting bigger while they are usually super thin. Also I am gaining weight on my back, weirdly enough!

#7 of 147 Old 03-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Healthy weight at start of pregnancy. I'm 15.5 weeks, up about 10 lbs. By far the most I have ever gained at this point in pregnancy.
#8 of 147 Old 03-24-2014, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

At 15 weeks and 1 day, I've gained a solid 10 for sure. I would like to think some of it is due to the large fist sized fibroid I'm sporting too but I can't assume that it weighs much of anything, lol. So we go back to 10. In the beginning I was only eating carby foods, surviving on bagels and cream cheese so I'm sure that lent to some of it but lately I've eaten pretty normally having not changed up much from before I was preg.

#9 of 147 Old 03-24-2014, 11:48 AM

Currently 15 wks 6 days with no weight gain. I had normal BMI prior to pregnancy but had severe MS. I'm doing the best I can to eat every 2 hours.

#10 of 147 Old 03-25-2014, 09:21 AM

Has anyone done any tracking of their caloric intake?  I have... and I'm averaging about 1850 a day. 

It's shocking that I've gained weight (10lbs so far) on this as it's less than my normal intake pre-preg (2200-2500 per day).  The only diff is I've been less active and am just finally getting back into the swing of things.

The only reason I know my counts is DH is on a calorie restricted diet.  He works from home so we always eat together, the same foods, and I help monitor his progress. 

#11 of 147 Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

Has anyone done any tracking of their caloric intake?  I have... and I'm averaging about 1850 a day. 
It's shocking that I've gained weight (10lbs so far) on this as it's less than my normal intake pre-preg (2200-2500 per day).  The only diff is I've been less active and am just finally getting back into the swing of things.
The only reason I know my counts is DH is on a calorie restricted diet.  He works from home so we always eat together, the same foods, and I help monitor his progress. 

That's actally a good thing you've put on some weight. Most of the people I know that were "ten pounds overweight" to begin with had much, much easier pregnancies than those who were slender. Also make sure you are getting enough fat and protien. Your baby's brain needs cholesterol too. An egg or two a day would not be a bad idea.
#12 of 147 Old 03-25-2014, 09:43 AM

eggs - there's no shortage of fat and protein here.  Whole milk, cheeses, eggs, and plenty of varied meats.  Nuts too.  We don't do low fat...  The primary thing we cut out to reduce calories here is baked goods.  I make them frequently but we eat only small portions and give lots away!  I would say it's our biggest variable... along with portion control for DH. 

btw your screen name (power of suggestion) inspired me to make blueberry pancakes and eggs the other day.  MMmmm tasty!

#13 of 147 Old 03-25-2014, 11:26 AM

I was up 7 lbs when I got pregnant thanks to birthday, thanksgiving, and yule celebrations, and gained 4 since I found out.  So that puts me up 11 lbs @ 17 weeks today!  I'm hoping to only gain another 15-20.  Hopefully I can manage despite the craving attacks for Ben and Jerry's- my downfall every pregnancy :)  First pg I gained 70, second pg 30, third pg 28 and then lost 48!!!  Hoping to follow that trend as well ;)

Mama to 3: two charismatic and creative ladies, and one prince!  Married to the man of my dreams, and living simply in abundance in Northern California, with one more on the way!
#14 of 147 Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM

I'm 14 weeks today and I'm down 2 pounds from my starting weight of 148 (I'm 5 ft 4 in). As long as baby is healthy, I'm not complaining! I'm sure that between now and 20 weeks, the weight will arrive. Especially now that the nausea is gone. However, I do have GD (found out today), so we'll see what happens with that. UGH. Darn you PCOS.

#15 of 147 Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've been gaining weight like crazy!  I'm 15w and have gained 12 pounds (and I hadn't gained any by 9 weeks so that 12 all happened in the last 6 weeks!).  That is more than I have with my other 3 pregnancies at this point.  I gained about 40 total with all of them so maybe I'm just gaining at a different rate? I just worried that something was wrong since it's so different from my other pregnancies.  The only thing I wonder if I'm gaining more because my dd is nursing less. I typically lose a lot of weight when I'm nursing. I'm 5'7" and normally 140 pounds but after giving birth and nursing, I get down to 125-130.  When I weaned my 2nd, I slowly went back up to my 140.  I started out at 130 before this pregnancy and I'm just wondering if I'm starting to gain more because she's been nursing less.  I just want to make sure nothing bad is contributing to the weight gain.  

#16 of 147 Old 03-26-2014, 07:40 PM

callieollie - I think the "red flag" is if you gain more than 3lbs in a week.  That's when BP issues are suspected (pre-eclampsia).  Sounds like things are certainly hitting you differently this time.  Could it be more than one baby?

#17 of 147 Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hmmmm... I think I have gained more than 3 in a week during one of the weeks.  My BP has been a little more up and down this time than other pregnancies.  The highest it has been has been 120/80s and the lowest 90s/50s (which is how it usually is when I'm pregnant).  So I've seen both lower and higher BP this time, but even my high ones aren't really high. 

Don't think there is more than one. I've had two u/s and only seen one!  

#18 of 147 Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 AM

16 weeks and I've gained 25 pounds. But it's twins, and also I think I gained a few pounds from the ivf drugs in the weeks leading up. My twin pregnancy books say that it's important to gain in the first two trimesters, as it can be hard to eat much in the third (no room for the stomach!) but I think I need to slow down. I should probably stop drinking so much orange juice. I've also been drinking a lot of milk to keep heartburn at bay.

My belly is growing fast, but my butt/thighs have gained quite a bit too, so I think that means I'm doing it wrong. Oh well. I feel nauseous when I don't eat, so it will be hard to eat less. I've been drinking the Dr. Sears pregnancy smoothie so I think I'm getting good nutrition.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#19 of 147 Old 03-28-2014, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm at 14 weeks and I think I've gained about 5 lbs. It's tough to say because the doctor's scale numbers are very different from my home one. According to their scale, I started out about 20 - 25 lbs overweight. Yikes! I didn't realize it had gotten so out of hand. I don't know what to expect as I'm a lot less active now than in my last pregnancy.
#20 of 147 Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post

16 weeks and I've gained 25 pounds. But it's twins, and also I think I gained a few pounds from the ivf drugs in the weeks leading up. My twin pregnancy books say that it's important to gain in the first two trimesters, as it can be hard to eat much in the third (no room for the stomach!) but I think I need to slow down. I should probably stop drinking so much orange juice. I've also been drinking a lot of milk to keep heartburn at bay.

My belly is growing fast, but my butt/thighs have gained quite a bit too, so I think that means I'm doing it wrong. Oh well. I feel nauseous when I don't eat, so it will be hard to eat less. I've been drinking the Dr. Sears pregnancy smoothie so I think I'm getting good nutrition.
The growth in the butt/thighs is normal. It's stores for being able to breastfeed those babies!
#21 of 147 Old 03-31-2014, 07:03 AM

At 16 weeks holding strong to the 10 lbs. Haven't gained more. I think its because I've cut out all those initial bagels with cream cheese I survived on for the first trimester tummy woes.

#22 of 147 Old 04-16-2014, 12:50 PM

Stepped on the scale for kicks this morning... at 21wks 2days I'm up about 14lbs.  There's def some junk in my trunk right now!

#23 of 147 Old 04-16-2014, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm 20+2 and still down a pound or two!

Was considering taking a picture again because I feel smaller than before!

I ended up buying some new pants in an XL instead of the 1X (yes there's a difference surprisingly) and they fit so much better!!!!!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#24 of 147 Old 04-16-2014, 02:52 PM

I am 17w, 6 days and up 10lbs.  I am hoping to keep my gain down to 20lbs since I started at 176, but, honestly, I do love my sweets....and carbs.

#25 of 147 Old 04-16-2014, 03:01 PM

Okieee dokie! Today I had a weight gain at midwife apt! I am up 4 pounds from last week! Whoa! Now some of this could be the incredible salty meal we had last night, lol water retention but boy! That puts me up to 14 pounds! Holy guacamole. OOH that sounds good right now. Chips and guac!

#26 of 147 Old 04-16-2014, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
About 10 pounds up here at 17 weeks. I'm hoping to hold steady for a bit now that the weird crazy first tri eating has passed. I'm sticking to my GD diet AND exercise plan. This is the most deliberate exercise I have gotten in years. It had gosh darned better help!
#27 of 147 Old 04-17-2014, 02:09 PM

Im 17w5d and Ive lost 5 lbs. I was a normal weight prior to pregnancy. With all my previous pregnancies Ive been up 10-15 lbs by now so its odd that Im still losing, especially since the morning sickness this time has been a whole lot less than in prior pregnancies. Of course chasing after the kiddos does help me keep very active

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#28 of 147 Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Im 17w5d and Ive lost 5 lbs. I was a normal weight prior to pregnancy. With all my previous pregnancies Ive been up 10-15 lbs by now so its odd that Im still losing, especially since the morning sickness this time has been a whole lot less than in prior pregnancies. Of course chasing after the kiddos does help me keep very active

I'm in the same boat, OkiMom! As long as baby is growing, I wouldn't worry at all. I was hyper-focused on that for awhile, but just had an ultrasound and baby is measuring right on. Lucky us -- maybe that means we'll have less to lose after baby arrives! :) :) :) OR, maybe we'll just gain it all at the end. Ha! Okay, not funny. I gained 35 pounds with my first child and by this point in my pregnancy, was probably up 10-15 lbs like you had said. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes this time around, so my diet has been MUCH healthier which probably accounts for less of a weight gain. I also basically didn't eat during the first trimester due to nausea. I'm hoping to keep it between 20 and 25 this time. Anyway, best wishes to you and yours!

#29 of 147 Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelsLynn86 View Post

I'm in the same boat, OkiMom! As long as baby is growing, I wouldn't worry at all. I was hyper-focused on that for awhile, but just had an ultrasound and baby is measuring right on. Lucky us -- maybe that means we'll have less to lose after baby arrives! :) :) :) OR, maybe we'll just gain it all at the end. Ha! Okay, not funny. I gained 35 pounds with my first child and by this point in my pregnancy, was probably up 10-15 lbs like you had said. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes this time around, so my diet has been MUCH healthier which probably accounts for less of a weight gain. I also basically didn't eat during the first trimester due to nausea. I'm hoping to keep it between 20 and 25 this time. Anyway, best wishes to you and yours!

Im not to concerned but my midwife already mentioned she will be if I don't gain at least some by next appointment (Ill be over 20 weeks by then).. Im pretty sure my combo of 4 very active children and no appetite is causing the lose/no gain. Ive never been one who could eat unless I was very,very hungry but Im just haven't been hungry lately.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#30 of 147 Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 AM

I've gained 10 pounds since the beginning, 15 since my lowest (after all the morning sickness). I'm 20 weeks and I think I actually started gaining around 13 weeks so that's about 2 pounds a week. yikes2.gif That's right on for second trimester twins though. It's tough to deal with since I started out about 35 pounds overweight. I'm going to have a lot to lose after all of this.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page