Baby NAMES!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#31 of 213 Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son's name is Indigo.  He is 9.  Everyone told me they were going to call him Indy, but no one ever did.  And I thought he was going to be this nature child.  Har-de-har har.  He is such a techie.  Working on getting a HAM radio licences, loves circuits and electronic components, knows computer programing languages and how to use them.  He is just like his dad.  He and I couldn't be more different.  Though he does have my flare for dramatics (and I am not talking acting :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 213 Old 03-13-2014, 03:44 AM

So far we have sky picked out but not sure if it's a middle or first name. Other then that we are clue less. If she had a boy she would of been either bobby torch or Johnny torch but now we are having a girl.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#33 of 213 Old 03-22-2014, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am struggling with our girl choice and middle names... Everything I like has way too many L's in it!!! Our last name has L's in the middle... When I say them all out it is quite mouthful of L's. But we are stuck on picking something else because we do family names for middle names. Other than adding in an obnoxious option (like Barbara... Sorry if you like that) we don't have any other ideas...

First will either be...
Whitley
Laurel

Middle options we like are...
Lora
McCay (when partnered with Whitley it would give the child 3 last names for a name, but we'd likely pair it with Laurel).
Louise or Louisa
Della
Gail
Pearl

Do any combos sound better than other to you?

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#34 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 10:39 AM

I think Whitley Gail sounds beautiful.  Otherwise Laurel McCay.

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#35 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have discovered that I like boy names that end in -ah so on my list right now it
Judah
Jonah
Josiah
#36 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post

I LOVE baby names.  Marci, I'm like you... I want to have lots of babies so I can use all the names I love.

I already have Madeline Grace, Ainsley Rose and Genevieve Camille

I don't talk to anyone IRL about names, except dh so I'm excited to talk about them here.

If this is a girl I think our first choice is Ingrid Constance (Constance is my mother and mil's name and my mother passed 2 years ago, so we're definitely using that as a middle name)  I really like the name Evelyn, but it seems to be really popular these days.  I really like to pick names that are not in the top 100.  There are so many other Madelines out there and that bugs me.

I also like Hazel and Mallory for girls.

If this is a boy I think our first choice is Abbott William.  I really love the name Grady, but dh isn't as keen.  But if we got the twin boys that I've been praying for then I think it would be Abbott and Grady, but I don't know.  Boys names are definitely harder.

I loooove your names style! Only 1 or 2 I probably wouldn't use but still don't dislike them.
#37 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

What about ...
Ezra (another favorite for is, but we have a sponsor "son" named Ezra)
Nehemiah
Isaiah
Azariah
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineUponLine View Post

I have discovered that I like boy names that end in -ah so on my list right now it
Judah
Jonah
Josiah[/quote/]

Marci

knit.gif

#38 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 04:42 PM

@Marcimama I have thoughts about Ezra. We have a family name Erza and I like that but everyone would assume it was supposed to be Ezra.
We like Isaiah but it's too popular.
Nehemiah is nice. I will ask DH but I already know what he will say.
And I have a friend and our kids share names. She has 4 and I have 2 and she has both of mine. We met after our kids were named! She has one that is basically Azariah but with an L instead of an H. So with our already matching names I can't do it. I do love that one so much!
#39 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineUponLine View Post

I loooove your names style! Only 1 or 2 I probably wouldn't use but still don't dislike them.

thank you!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#40 of 213 Old 03-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingonfour View Post

Hey, if Indigo gets taken, you could always switch to Inigo... "My name is Inigo Montoya...":rotflmao Immortal words from The Princess Bride. Hey, why not?

Just having fun, no harm meant! And please don't think I'm laughing at your name choices. I just saw Indigo and at first misread it as "Inigo" and immediately thought of that.

Haha!  I was reading through baby names last night and came across this name and immediately thought of the Princess Bride which is funny because my #1 girls name is Buttercup.  I'm glad other people get this pop culture reference.  It's one of my favorite movies ever!

#41 of 213 Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Any new inspirations? You all are surprisingly quiet about names...

I thought of a few more I like.... River (for boy or girl), Augustine (Au-GUS-tin), Haddon, Ira and Obed... 

Still very little idea on what we'd finalize for a boy, but we pretty much have our girl name chosen!!! It will just depend what she looks like!

Here are my kid's ideas about what the baby should be named. 

Marci

knit.gif

#42 of 213 Old 04-17-2014, 01:35 PM

H

#43 of 213 Old 04-17-2014, 01:37 PM

Whoops, phone is glitching out! We are still discussing names, I think we won't decide till baby is born, especially cause we won't be finding out boy or girl!

#44 of 213 Old 04-17-2014, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
We've only briefly discussed names. Not much use here until we find out (or decide not to?)...

I can only think of a couple boys first names I like and luckily DH likes them too. But we do have our boys second middle name picked out. Just no first or first middle greensad.gif

Girls I have *no idea* of where to even start... Usually girls names come pretty easy to me and boys names are harder but not this time. DH has one girls name he loves (Cadence) and I refuse to use it. I first of all don't like it and second I have really strong name associations with personality and behaviour and that's one I don't like.

My list of names that I or DH don't like is miles long... And we've full out fought about names before so it's a struggle for us even at the best of times greensad.gif

I am hoping to find our which way we can lean on naming in a couple weeks...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#45 of 213 Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM

I actually don't share baby names online.. Its a paranoia thing of mine. However the baby's initials will be MMM which is slightly on the amusing side. My oldest wants to sew him a huge M&M stuffed animal.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#46 of 213 Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've discovered that the names I like right now are better suited to cats...we find out the gender next week, though, (hopefully) so I can start to get serious then. Lately I like Zinnia, Prudence, Otto, Posey, Zuzu, Harry...will I use any of them? Probably not smile.gif
#47 of 213 Old 04-18-2014, 04:29 AM

We're having a girl and had been set on Mae Loise. We already have a William Edward and "William and Mae" just didn't flow right for me. SO--we're going to name her Maisie Loise (William and Maisie sound better together I think), and then we can call her Mae if we want later on.

I'm in love with this name. Just like @kateaton mentioned earlier, we aren't sharing names with people until Miss Maisie is born, so this is fun to be able to say it on here.

#48 of 213 Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 AM

We're having two boys and thinking Garrett Edward and Grayson (middle name undetermined/ maybe Allen or Eric). Middle names are family names.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#49 of 213 Old 04-18-2014, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Chels - Wow... Love Maisie! That is so lovely.

MM - Love your choices too... very masculine and strong.

Fun stuff. 

I am really stuck on Solomon for a boy, but my dh is sort of non-committal about it... I like all the others, but still like Solomon a bit better... Hurmph!

Marci

knit.gif

#50 of 213 Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM

We are having trouble finding D names we like- we want to name our baby after my grandmother Dorathy. Any suggestions? We don't know gender yet...
#51 of 213 Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 PM

Well, MIKGRIN, we're a Dish family ;-)  Danielle and Derek ;-) Delilah sounds lovely too.. altho< i REALLY like Dorathy. I AM partial to the WoO, tho;-)

I've added a new name, Solace. From what I've read it's traditionally a girls name, but it might just have to be a boys name now as I'm really digging it!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#52 of 213 Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Dorothy is super cute!
I like Dorothea too. One of our children is named Thea and we considered naming her Dorothea but paired with her middle name it didn't work.

What about these D names!

Della
Delia
Daphne
Dora
Dinah
Doreen
Dagny
Delphia
Daria
Delaney

Declan
Dashel
Davin
Derrek
Dixon
David
Dallas
Dante
Deacon
Degan
Dexter
Duncan
Drew

I am partial to Dagney on the girls list or Dixon or deacon on the boys... Have fun!

Marci

knit.gif

#53 of 213 Old 04-21-2014, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

I just read this article stating that boys names predominantly end with the letter N these days... I never thought about it but it is pretty true!
Here

Marci

knit.gif

#54 of 213 Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 PM

The only two boys names I'm liking ends with the letter N so I can totally see that!!!

#55 of 213 Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM

I have a thing for names ending in the "O" sound.  A dog named Arlo, a cat named Yellow and a son named Indigo.  Sage is my oddball name.  We are naming this little one Violet.  But I love the name Meadow.  (Husband hates it)

#56 of 213 Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

I like boy names ending in O too! Some of my favorites are Inno and Nico... I can't convince my husband however. Sad.

Marci

knit.gif

#57 of 213 Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 PM

I don't want to post my girl names but boy names I like:

Arlo
Josiah
Kelemen
Laszlo

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#58 of 213 Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

So happy to see you back around @Motivated Mama! I've been wondering what you are up to and how you are doing!

We haven't even started talking names yet. I think DH is of the opinion to just wait until we know the gender so we can eliminate the other sex. I of course think we should have a back up just in case lol

He's also "called" naming this one and that will happen over my dead body... Sorry I go through all this work, we decide together! Although he says I've always picked in the past I just don't see that as true lol.gif he's always had equal vote. Maybe a bit less so with DD1 but we weren't married and I didn't think that he should automatically get his last name for the baby. So we "compromised" (at least it felt that way to me) after a couple tense weeks of barely talking!

This is us exactly! And he had full vote then too because I loved Cassidy and would have named her that if it weren't for his vote! He never gave any effort to coming up with a list for me to pick a few choices from either. The only two he threw out there were Jezabel and Delilah, when my whole family are strict Catholics and would have been horrified by the Biblical meanings...and he just blurted them out when I got frustrated and asked what suggestions HE had!

We just found out this one is a boy and he "called" naming this one. No way, Jose! His boy suggestions were Drake (he's a duck hunter, I'm a lifelong vegetarian and animal lover) Hunter, (again, NO!) and Marley (dog name to me.) He didn't want to find anything else, and liked Killian too, so...how is that not us agreeing?

There might be some compromise with this one...he gets the last name (it's mine too this time) and we had an agreement with our first two that the middle would be my family name (Kathleen, after my grandma, also my middle) and he would have the boy middle (Adam, his name, and he was named after his grandfather, with whom shared a birthday.) This time we a middle ready. Might use that to help him have more of a choice.
#59 of 213 Old 04-25-2014, 03:18 AM

Sorry, LAST time his boy suggestions were Drake, etc. We haven't talked about it at all past him "calling" it for this one.
#60 of 213 Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 AM

We were discussing the US and how we wouldn't be able to find out the gender at it but that I'd have to make another Dr's appointment a few days later and be told that way. And I know he won't take a day off work for a two minute Dr's appt. From now until the end of June I don't think he'll be allowed to take a day off unless it's a really important family issue! They are just too busy...

So he was back to "well it's a girl anyways so we don't need to find out"... And while yes it most likely is a girl, I just have this nagging feelin like it may not be (but could just be wishful thinking). I really want to find out this time! For a few selfish reason really. But I cannot for the life of me come up with ANY girl names I like! And usually I'm all about the girl names and flounder with the boys! So he says "S.carlett C.adence P.atricia LastName" and is adament he's name "her"... Ummmmmm no! I *hate* C.adence and he's been pushing for it forever... He only likes it because of one of the characters in American Wedding lol.gif S.carlett would be because he has a huge celeb crush on S.calett J.ohannsen *rolls eyes* (he didn't tell me the reasons persay but I know that's why wink1.gif ) and P.atricia is my moms middle name and we put a family name in that spot. I thought he wanted A.udrey after his late grandmother so that was random. Plus I'm not sure that's a name I'd use!? Both of those names but especially my mom's middle would absolute drive his mother INSANE so it's tempting that way lol.gif

Naming this time is going to be a horrible mess because he really thinks he's going to be the one doing it *sigh* oh and the kids think they have some sort of say in it!!! We don't tell the names to anyone IRL or usually online (hence the periods so they can't be googled wink1.gif ) until babe is born because we got So.Much.Flack the first time!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page