Baby NAMES!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#61 of 209 Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

could you have the dr. write down the gender and put it in an envelope- that way you can bring it home and open it and find out together?

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#62 of 209 Old 04-25-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post

could you have the dr. write down the gender and put it in an envelope- that way you can bring it home and open it and find out together?
This is what I'm hoping for wink1.gif

But as it was they kinda wanted me to wait for my next appointment to find out, I'm not sure! Gah all these new "rules" since having my last. Before the US techs were allowed to tell us. Now the Doctor has to.

So as it is they'll be squeezing me in just to tell me which feels silly and hopefully they'll just write it down but who knows... They said they won't tell me over the phone because they can't verify it's me...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#63 of 209 Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

We were discussing the US and how we wouldn't be able to find out the gender at it but that I'd have to make another Dr's appointment a few days later and be told that way. And I know he won't take a day off work for a two minute Dr's appt. From now until the end of June I don't think he'll be allowed to take a day off unless it's a really important family issue! They are just too busy...

So he was back to "well it's a girl anyways so we don't need to find out"... And while yes it most likely is a girl, I just have this nagging feelin like it may not be (but could just be wishful thinking). I really want to find out this time! For a few selfish reason really. But I cannot for the life of me come up with ANY girl names I like! And usually I'm all about the girl names and flounder with the boys! So he says "S.carlett C.adence P.atricia LastName" and is adament he's name "her"... Ummmmmm no! I *hate* C.adence and he's been pushing for it forever... He only likes it because of one of the characters in American Wedding lol.gif S.carlett would be because he has a huge celeb crush on S.calett J.ohannsen *rolls eyes* (he didn't tell me the reasons persay but I know that's why wink1.gif ) and P.atricia is my moms middle name and we put a family name in that spot. I thought he wanted A.udrey after his late grandmother so that was random. Plus I'm not sure that's a name I'd use!? Both of those names but especially my mom's middle would absolute drive his mother INSANE so it's tempting that way lol.gif

Naming this time is going to be a horrible mess because he really thinks he's going to be the one doing it *sigh* oh and the kids think they have some sort of say in it!!! We don't tell the names to anyone IRL or usually online (hence the periods so they can't be googled wink1.gif ) until babe is born because we got So.Much.Flack the first time!

My DH pushed a name he liked from day 1. A.lethea. I hated it. Now it's DD's mn! He doesn't get to complain about names anymore! I hated it at first to but it fit in the end and it's her so I don't hate it anymore.
#64 of 209 Old 04-25-2014, 08:54 AM

I'm not against S.carlett... I just don't like the other one... And I'm just not feeling girl names in general... Usually there's lots I like!

He's just being really ornery and cranky in general lately... So there's no real point in even starting to discuss such a heated (for us) topic at the moment. He's going to be really set on his choices and I'm just not able to make a decision on a good day about anything!

Twin boys would be sooooo easy to name at this point lol.gif but anything else is going to be a bit tougher!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

#65 of 209 Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know any negative associations or have negative feelings about the name Remy?
#66 of 209 Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 PM

I used to teach and then work with an amazing girl named Remy smile.gif

#67 of 209 Old 04-29-2014, 06:33 AM

Cool. It would be a boy name for us, but I have heard Remy might be turning girl.
#68 of 209 Old 04-29-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalent Dreams View Post

Does anyone know any negative associations or have negative feelings about the name Remy?
Nope it's cute! But we have this thing about always giving out kids the "long version" of a name and the. Calling them by the short version. DH & I both have names that are either the short version (think Joe not Joseph) or ones that can't be shortened. So that would be only issue if I were to use it. Very pretty name and I like the way it sounds.

AFM we aren't doing much name stuff. Have a dream about a middle name Leela for a girl and was reading a name book at the chiro yesterday and found Allegra. I like both of them but not together. I'm just really not invested in names right now. *shrugs*
#69 of 209 Old 04-29-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

So. We are either at W.hitley L.aurel or L.aurel W.hitely... it will just depend what she looks like!!!

Either way I really like the options. 

I like Remy for a boy or a girl. Cute.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#70 of 209 Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went to grad school with a girl named Remy.  I was secretly jealous of her cool name. ; )

We're kind of terrible at naming children. It's always super last minute. My oldest son, Dante Samuel, was named 2 days after he was born. If you want to really p*ss off a nurse, don't give your baby a name until right before you leave the hospital.  I swear they came in like every hour to ask if we'd named him yet.  My youngest son, Paul Daniel, was named like an hour after his birth but only because he was an emergency transfer from the birth center to the NICU. I didn't want him to ride in the ambulance without a name. How's that for the logic of a distraught mother!

For this one we have some ideas for girls but nothing definite. We won't find out sex until next week so I guess we could be back at square one come next Wednesday.  So far we like Hazel Esther, Nora Joy, and Zoey Joanna. 

Mama to Dante (1/08) and Paul (7/10).twins.gif Wife to Allan.asl.gif

Missing Heaven Dec.9, 2011angel1.gif

"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

#71 of 209 Old 04-30-2014, 08:02 AM

Otheramerica: yes! I agree. My son was 2 days old before he had a name and te nurses drove us crazy! You'd have thought no one had ever, in the history of the world, waited for 2 days to name a baby.
#72 of 209 Old 04-30-2014, 08:21 AM

We have a month here to fill in the Birth Certificate and send it off and since we do it ourselves it's not really a big deal lol

But I do find thy everyone else wants to know ASAP!!!!

Our second daughter didn't have a first middle for a couple days because we were ****l deciding between two... But I had her at home and the midwife didn't care, the family on the other hand!

#73 of 209 Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Both of my kids were named in the delivery room, but it wasn't but a few minutes after birth. I already knew what I wanted (and he liked) and he would have given me anything I wanted right after watching birth. Before we had a good idea, but he wouldn't commit. Even if we had a name early, I wouldn't have shared it with anyone outside of my mom, maybe. Everyone is too opinionated if it's up in the air! We live in a small, very conservative town in NC, and my inlaws aren't the type to appreciate anything "out of the ordinary." I don't think either of my kids have particularly difficult names to pronounce but it took my MIL months to learn to say them (somewhat) properly. Ciara and Killian...can't we just call them C and K to make it easier to say? It's easier just to say the name after it's already done so they can't try to argue it.

We're having a boy, but my two favorite girl names were Cassidy Anne or Aisling P-something. Anne is a family name on both my mom and dad's side, Cassidy is my favorite Grateful Dead song, and is Irish to boot. Aisling was a far second to Cassidy but my husband hated Cassidy and I doubted I could convince him this time either. Then I was thinking of a P name because that would make the same initials as my husband (they love initials) but his middle is Patrick, his mom and grandmother were both Patty. Aisling Patricia didn't go well, but it might have worked.

I'm not sure of any boy names quite yet. Three of the names I like are already in use by someone in our family, and I would never use them. I think my husband would be kind of mad if I wanted to anyway because I refused to have a Jr. His name is Adam, so there's no nickname...Big Adam, little Adam? AJ for Adam Junior? Just plain Junior? I hate ALL of those. HATE them. I offered to do the reverse, and have a Patrick Adam instead of an Adam Patrick, but my husband didn't like that at all. 

#74 of 209 Old 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Ciara View Post

Both of my kids were named in the delivery room, but it wasn't but a few minutes after birth. I already knew what I wanted (and he liked) and he would have given me anything I wanted right after watching birth. Before we had a good idea, but he wouldn't commit. Even if we had a name early, I wouldn't have shared it with anyone outside of my mom, maybe. Everyone is too opinionated if it's up in the air! We live in a small, very conservative town in NC, and my inlaws aren't the type to appreciate anything "out of the ordinary." I don't think either of my kids have particularly difficult names to pronounce but it took my MIL months to learn to say them (somewhat) properly. Ciara and Killian...can't we just call them C and K to make it easier to say? It's easier just to say the name after it's already done so they can't try to argue it.

My family had trouble with Dante. They kept saying they "didn't understand it". What does that even mean? It's a name! What is there to understand? They called him Sam for the first 6 months of his life. Drove me batty!

Mama to Dante (1/08) and Paul (7/10).twins.gif Wife to Allan.asl.gif

Missing Heaven Dec.9, 2011angel1.gif

"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

#75 of 209 Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otheramerica View Post

My family had trouble with Dante. They kept saying they "didn't understand it". What does that even mean? It's a name! What is there to understand? They called him Sam for the first 6 months of his life. Drove me batty!
Don't understand?? Of all the things to say about a name...and choosing a different name to call him by is just wrong in my book. I'm a nickname hater though, even without a reason why.
#76 of 209 Old 04-30-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otheramerica View Post

That is just bizarre.  Dante isn't even an out-there name! It's super classic and while not common, everyone's heard it.  Wtf?

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#77 of 209 Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 AM

That would drive anyone batty, having other people just summarily choosing a new name for your baby, because they didn't like the one you chose. I would probably have started calling them by names that weren't theirs, and if that didn't work, not letting them come over.

My mother irritates me with her own overstepping interest in what names we choose. She actually objected to the name James. Seriously? She said she preferred John, and I goggled at her rudeness and reminded her that she got to name her own children, and I would name mine, thank you.

For this reason, I also don't discuss naming choices with anyone aside from my DH, beforehand.

Unfortunately, my 6 year old son has a strong and overly vocalized opinion as to what we should name this baby, that he started insisting on the moment we found out it was a boy, during the ultrasound. He told us we HAVE to name him Jack! He kept repeating it all the way home until we told him to quit bugging us about it, or else it would only be more likely we would never consider the name, from being annoyed about it.

What irritates me most is, Jack is a nickname for John, and I would have liked to have been free to consider the name John without the disagreeable feeling that my mother would feel her opinion had something to do with it, so then I feel a resistance toward a name I might otherwise have considered.

UGH. I'm going to Nameberry and hope for inspiration free of pushy relatives' opinions!

ribbongreen.gif For Cricketschirping, with 3 homeschool.gif kids, , babygirl.gifribboncesarean.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif and planning another babyboy.gifhbac.gif

pos.gif5++++10++++15++++20+2ndtri.gif++25++++30++++35++++(++stork-boy.gif

#78 of 209 Old 05-01-2014, 06:52 AM

I have to know: what does '******l' mean? I gather it must be an expletive, but it ends in L yet is a verb? Someone clue me in.

Oh, and while we're at it, what's with the convention of putting a period in the names when you mention them? Just curious.

ribbongreen.gif For Cricketschirping, with 3 homeschool.gif kids, , babygirl.gifribboncesarean.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif and planning another babyboy.gifhbac.gif

#79 of 209 Old 05-01-2014, 07:52 AM

GOF: the sensors have been sensoring some weird words lately... That one was "still"

Periods in names is to dupe google searches wink1.gif I don't want my kids names or potential kids names showing up in google searches when they are older and linking to my profile... Privacy stuff smile.gif

#80 of 209 Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

GOF: the sensors have been sensoring some weird words lately... That one was "still"

Periods in names is to dupe google searches wink1.gif I don't want my kids names or potential kids names showing up in google searches when they are older and linking to my profile... Privacy stuff smile.gif

Cool idea about the attempt to search-proof. Always worth thinking about. And thanks for the info on *****l because it had me mystified.

#81 of 209 Old 05-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Lol it had me mystified at first and I used it like 6 times in one post... And it read fine without the still!

#82 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 05:24 AM

We've decided on Evelyn, IF she's really a girl. I have serious doubts about the u/s.

DS 5 DD 2, one on the way!
#83 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommashakespere View Post

We've decided on Evelyn, IF she's really a girl. I have serious doubts about the u/s.

I LOVE that name.  We almost named dd3 that, but then changed our minds to Genevieve.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#84 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Katy, Kate,Florabelle.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#85 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturemama23 View Post

Katy, Kate,Florabelle.
Ohhhh I love Flora!!! DH would never go for it but it's so pretty smile.gif

#86 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 PM

My mother's name is Evelyn. smile.gif
#87 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 01:33 PM

I
Quote:

I love it! It would be at the top of outmost but my BFF has a daughter with it.
#88 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Why the doubt? Was it hard to get a good look?
#89 of 209 Old 05-03-2014, 06:55 PM

I love Evelyn! To me it is a beautiful baby with dimples and golden curls.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#90 of 209 Old 05-04-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Ciara View Post

Quote:

Why the doubt? Was it hard to get a good look?

We got a look, but the doctor wasn't sure, and and the tech just walked in and glanced. I'm not sold on it, but I have my actual anatomy scan tomorrow, so I'll be certain, I hope!!

Here's the shot, in the middle, next to our son and daughter. I feel like it could go either way. lol

DS 5 DD 2, one on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page