Baby NAMES!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#121 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think Cormac and Collins are both great names.  I really like surnames for boy names- not so much for girls.  I actually really like Smith for a boy, but dh did not whatsoever.  I think we're going with Abbott ( a pretty common surname), but then I keep looking for alternatives.  I really like Grady, but dh doesn't love it like I do.

You can't go wrong with Hudson or Calix either- both are great!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oooh I LIKE Abbot! I know we were thinking at one point of using my moms maiden name Shaw as first name. It hasn't been completely ruled out! Its hard I almost feel like I'm going to need to meet him first or who knows, maybe we'll be struck with some other name out of the blue one day and think THATS it! 

I also like Collins! So different and cool!

#123 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please, advise. We are considering Russian names, but the ones that would not sound out of place in the States - we work there sometimes and might end up living there again. In Russia people do not use second names, but we have patronymics ( father's name). So far we have Maxim (Max) and Polina. The third one is a boy. Question: does name Denis automatically mean a girl in English? Because for us, Russians, it would be very masculine. I don't want my Russian kids have additional issues adjusting to the new environment, so I need really honest opinions. Please!
#124 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 AM

RussianMama - Dennis here is for boy and Denise is for girl. I've not met a girl Dennis yet! 

I think Maxim is great too!

#125 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
How would you pronounce the name Emmeline?
#126 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 07:55 AM

Hmmm - Emm-eh-line (like walking a straight line)? Emm-Ah-line? 

#127 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygrrrl View Post

I love the name Adam.  My son has it for a middle name.  We couldn't think of anything for a while and then we looked out our window and Mt. Adams  is right there and then BAM! it all made sense.  We also lived on Adams Loop Rd, but for some reason, staring out at them mountain was what it took to think of it.  Very earthy name for a very earthy kid.

Our son is already Killian Adam, so I'm not sure about doing it again. My husband really wanted Adam for a first name for Killian- it was his grandfather's name and DH was born on his grandfather's birthday, so it was pretty special to him. If it had been a name that had an obvious nickname (William and Will, Robert and Rob, Michael and Mike, ect) then I would probably have done it, but I didn't see the sense in making up a nickname for one of them that was totally removed from the name. We would have had to do something like AJ or Junior, and I absolutely cringe when I think of either being applied to my kid. 

But I'll keep thinking about having two kids with the same middle. On one hand, we already use that spot as our place for family names so it's not like it has to be something original, but on the other hand, I don't want these boys feeling obligated or loaded down with a name if/when they have a son themselves. DH's cousins all have their mother's maiden for their middle and the first daughter was given her grandmother's maiden, but the second one was given a name from her mom's side and it was like they had stabbed someone in the back for not "carrying on the tradition." It's something to think about though. DH might like my pick of first if he gets the middle, so it might be worth it. 

I really like both Hudson and Calix! What's the hubs have to say about them?

#128 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 AM

I would read it Emm-eh-line too, but it comes out Emma-line when I say it fast.
#129 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM

I'm starting to feel like if this baby is a boy he might be nameless for life! I think we finally decided that we like Ezekiel and calling him Zeke, but we would like that to be a first name and are having trouble thinking of a middle name to go with it. I like Gray, but dh is determined to not name a child after a color. I thought of Zane, but dh thinks that is too many Z's and I'm not sure since our dd middle name is Jane and those rhyme. A biblical name might work . . . We thought about David or Jude, but I think if we're going to use Ezekiel I would prefer the middle name be non biblical . . . Any great thoughts about a middle name to put with Ezekiel???

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#130 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 11:41 AM

Mommy - LOVE Killian! Wow like LOVE it! Oooh thats a tough call on same middle name? When it comes down to it I spose I think about the boys individuality and wanting their own? But maybe they wouldn't care at all?

Thanks re Hudson and Calix! He likes Calix more than Hudson but he's still sulking over his first choice that I vetoed: Elwood. From the Blues Brothers, lol. I mean SULKING. 

bethrw - Ezekial very cool! Hmmmm Ezekial Alexander? Ezekial Benjamin? Ezekial James? Ezekial Jacob?

#131 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 12:50 PM

I still really like Killian's name too! Heh, I already used my "good" one and I was struggling for another! I had Killian, Carrick, and Rory on my list for Killian, but we met a lawyer named Mr Carrick (rotten man!) and DH can't pronounce Rory without struggling. I've never heard this, but I wonder if he had a problem with Rs as a kid. Lots of W sound on it. Anywho, this boy had me back at square one!
#132 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 12:55 PM

Haha, sulky men! I dearly loved Cassidy but you just have to accept and agree on names! It's no fun to give up a favorite but as far as I figure, no use dwelling on it. Ciara wasn't my top pick but the only one we both agreed on and now that she's 7 I can't imagine her anything but a Ciara. Calix is one I've never ever heard but I really like it! And it's very read-able, which is a key factor in my mind.
#133 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethrw View Post

I'm starting to feel like if this baby is a boy he might be nameless for life! I think we finally decided that we like Ezekiel and calling him Zeke, but we would like that to be a first name and are having trouble thinking of a middle name to go with it. I like Gray, but dh is determined to not name a child after a color. I thought of Zane, but dh thinks that is too many Z's and I'm not sure since our dd middle name is Jane and those rhyme. A biblical name might work . . . We thought about David or Jude, but I think if we're going to use Ezekiel I would prefer the middle name be non biblical . . . Any great thoughts about a middle name to put with Ezekiel???
Ezekiel is on our list too! What about Grayson instead of just Gray?
#134 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 05:43 PM

Oh nooo Mr. Carrick! Ruined it! 

Thanks re Calix Mommy! 

Oh one of my dearest friends husband is Grayson, great name!

#135 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineUponLine View Post

Ezekiel is on our list too! What about Grayson instead of just Gray?

Yeah, I don't think that would be any better than a Gray, which I will keep mentioning smile.gif however, dh did mention Benjamin as a name early in my pregnancy and I do love that name, so that's a pretty good possibility, cricketschirpin!

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#136 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Ohhhhhh one could go for the combo "Carrick Grey" and see how many woman get it lol.gif

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#137 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Ohh shoot! I don't get it! LOL I want to but don't! :Sheepish 

Oooh yay for Ezekial Benjamin possibility! 

#138 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:17 PM

Off to google Carrick Grey...I FIGURED! When you said how many women would get it. 

I like Grey better too, but Greyson might be a good compromise...Ezekiel Greyson.

Yeah man, stupid Mr. Carrick! I loved Killian but liked Carrick enough to go with if DH liked it better, until that stinkin man ruined it for me! No offense to anyone who might work in the legal field, but lawyers tend to have personalities that clash with mine. 

#139 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Haha I figure it's probably not something that would get made fun of on the play ground. But with both the names floating around on this post lol

I like the name Carrick because of the book but probably wouldn't use it...

Crickets google it... And hey reading it may just help if your DH still isn't feeling the romance wink1.gif

#140 of 213 Old 05-14-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post

RussianMama - Dennis here is for boy and Denise is for girl. I've not met a girl Dennis yet! 
I think Maxim is great too!

Ah, thanks! The thing is, there are only few names in use here. Like in every class there are at least twice as many kids, as there are names. So we can'not add additional letter (N) to the strict and solid spelling of the Russian Denis.

Now that we know the gender we became more productive in our name discussions. Although never would I wish anybody naming a baby with TWO teenagers in house! It is like your mother and your mother in-law never leaving you simultaneously!
#141 of 213 Old 05-15-2014, 06:18 AM

Gotcha RussianMama. I like Denis with one N for a boy. It's only if there is an E on the end here that its a girls name. Awww! Regarding the teenagers!
I just Googled it! LOL NOWWWW I get it never read it but yeah DH isn't all over me so hmmm maybe I'll read it!
#142 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 12:56 PM

So we have (pretty much) a first name- but are trying to come up with a middle name.  Now that we know it is a girl- it narrows down options at least.  The first name will probably be Eliza.   Maybe Catherine as a middle name, but it is terribly unsettled yet.

Opinionséfeedback on Eliza as a name would be MORE than welcome.

#143 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 01:13 PM

Awwww I like Eliza! And I would use Catherine in a heartbeat if I could. But I don't think I can (family friend)

#144 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 01:37 PM

Hm, my husband is advocating for his mother`s name (well, the name she actually went by) as a middle name.  I don`t love it, but I also don`t hate it and I know it would mean a lot to my husband (she died when he was about 20, and was the one really positive force in his life growing up.)

Eliza Pearl may wind up being the final choice.

#145 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAsylum View Post

Hm, my husband is advocating for his mother`s name (well, the name she actually went by) as a middle name.  I don`t love it, but I also don`t hate it and I know it would mean a lot to my husband (she died when he was about 20, and was the one really positive force in his life growing up.)

Eliza Pearl may wind up being the final choice.

Eliza Pearl is just beautiful!  Both vintage names that sound refreshing .  They go really well together!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#146 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Eliza Pearl is absolutely DREAMY and wonderful!!! I LOVE!

#147 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Eliza Pearl is very pretty!  We aren't really thinking of girls names ourselves because the u/s said boy (although I'm not feeling it's definite until I actually SEE this baby) but our last dd was almost Claire so if this one turns out to be a girl, she will be Claire.  No clue for a middle name but since it's most likely a boy, we aren't going to bother figuring that out unless we need to.  But we are set on a boy's name.  It was actually our 2nd choice for our ds's name (he's Alex) and since then we've had it as the boy name we'd use if we had any boys.  So unless something makes us change our mind, our son will be Zachary Owen.  I'm so excited!  

#148 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Love it! So pretty!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#149 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 03:27 PM

I like it, I need the middle name to grow on me a bit, but I think it will be perfect.

#150 of 213 Old 05-20-2014, 06:51 PM

Two thumbs up for Eliza Pearl.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page