Baby NAMES!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 06-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
:-P DH just shot down both names I liked that I thought he was still sort of considering, and we're back to square one. He was in a funk about it too. Middle name will definitely be Frank, which will take me some time to get used to but I know it'll be really important to my MIL and DH's grandma.

He got so pissy over the name last night, and sat down and threw out some crappy suggestions- ones that I asked "do you even LIKE that name?" and he answered no. I don't know what his deal was but we had a semi fight about it. I think he just wants to pick this one but doesn't have a darn clue as to what he wants and is irritated that I have a couple that I really like already. I just can't figure out why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ciara View Post
:-P DH just shot down both names I liked that I thought he was still sort of considering, and we're back to square one. He was in a funk about it too. Middle name will definitely be Frank, which will take me some time to get used to but I know it'll be really important to my MIL and DH's grandma.

He got so pissy over the name last night, and sat down and threw out some crappy suggestions- ones that I asked "do you even LIKE that name?" and he answered no. I don't know what his deal was but we had a semi fight about it. I think he just wants to pick this one but doesn't have a darn clue as to what he wants and is irritated that I have a couple that I really like already. I just can't figure out why.
*hugs* I am feeling MUCH the same way!!!!! If it's a boy I think we're ok. I have a name picked out I LOVE and I think DH is ok with it. But girls? No clue. I have one name I have a major crush fest with and DH said he didn't mind it but now says he doesn't like it. But we can't come up with anything else. Not even middle names

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DH and I don't agree a lot on names, we just have different styles. He likes SUPER classic names (think Billy, Tommy, etc) and I like somewhat out-there names that are still recognizable and classic in a different way - like old Gaelic names or classic ones that aren't currently popular. So finding middle ground is hard. So we mostly stick with family names, because even though I might not LOVE them, I love the meaning behind them, and I know they'll grow on me. However, our girl name this time is totally my choice, not family-related, and I love it! Not sharing till after birth though... I won't even make it official with DH cause he has this weird idea that if you choose a name for a kid, and the kid is the opposite sex, you lose the ability to use that name for future kids. Whaaa???

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 AM

I wish I wasn't bothered by it, and I know we have time, but I don't get what's bothering him so much about it. Usually if I just don't take the bait to argue he drops the subject after he says his say (yells his say, whatever...) but this time he just kept going. I didn't push the names I liked, just suggested them once a few weeks ago and he didn't object, didn't love. I hate fighting with him so it was weird that he was so upset over something that isn't pressing.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I wish I wasn't bothered by it, and I know we have time, but I don't get what's bothering him so much about it. Usually if I just don't take the bait to argue he drops the subject after he says his say (yells his say, whatever...) but this time he just kept going. I didn't push the names I liked, just suggested them once a few weeks ago and he didn't object, didn't love. I hate fighting with him so it was weird that he was so upset over something that isn't pressing.
Aww I'm sorry. The fighting doesn't sound fun. I sometime think as much as they sometimes play down their emotions around pregnancy (some guys at least) some times it really does get to them too.

It's a catch 22 for me because it's not pressing... Yet... But I feel like if we're already having this much trouble then it is goin to *get* pressing.

Can you ask for a two day time out and when you come back, you both have to have calm attitudes and a possible list?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mommy2ciara - I think it is hard for dads some times... I can only imagine they must feel really unconnected with the whole thing and struggle to bond during pregnancy, while we have lots of opportunities to begin that process.

I know I had to "give up" on picking names until my husband could see our baby, because he just really couldn't feel ok about picking one until he had seen them and felt a connection (which was very soon after birth). Now... I am SOOO glad we did wait because the other names I had chosen prior to birth were not the best fit for who our children are... and when we did see them we were in total agreement!

Oddly this time around he is very decided what name he wants, and I am the one feeling quite nebulous and unsure...

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 06-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Anybody got an idea of a nature middle name that could go with Remy (boys name)? My other kids have nature related middle names

Arwen Gayle
Jonas Briar
?Remy _____
Old 06-11-2014, 11:35 PM

Yeah, I know he's feeling a little weird around this pregnancy. He was happy with two but knew I was dying for at least one more. In December I accepted that we were done at 2 and started looking for a job. I think DH wanted me working until he really thought about what that was going to change in all our lives, and he freaked a little and decided to go for one more baby. And it happened IMMEDIATELY. And then he freaked a little more when he realized yet again that it's going to change things. So I know he feels a lot of pressure to take care of 5 people financially, and I wonder if choosing a name is just a little piece of control that he's grasping to. OR...does he really just want to feel more included in picking a name but doesn't want to put in the time to look and think about them? And likely it's both, but I wasn't prepared for it. He's got a quick temper but quick means he gets angry and then a minute later is fine. I wasn't shocked that he got angry but I was when he dropped the subject but then went back to it several times over the evening.

Anyway, that was last weekend and it hasn't come up at all. I'll keep thinking of alternatives to my two favorites but I think my best bet is to let him come up with one or two that we actually consider. So far he hasn't had any name for any of these babies that we've actually thought about, so maybe if I supply him with name books/websites we'll find something.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalent Dreams View Post
Anybody got an idea of a nature middle name that could go with Remy (boys name)? My other kids have nature related middle names

Arwen Gayle
Jonas Briar
?Remy _____
Remy Cedar
Remy Falcon (I think this sounds totally bad boy in a cute way )
Remy Ridge (I'm all about alliteration names right now)
Remy Vale
Remy Shale

Old 06-13-2014, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh, Cedar is cool!

I also like these natural names:
Aspen
Stone
River

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 06-20-2014, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I heard the name "Mason" over the weekend and DH and I both really liked it... until I found out that it was the number 2 name last year in BC. Drat. I don't want a name that is so popular there will be three of them in his kindergarten class.

I really like the name Casey. DH likes Finn. But I don't think we can name the boys Casey and Finn. Although I'm not sure if people will pick up on why not?

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 06-20-2014, 04:07 PM

Mason is huge right now. I know someone who just named their son Mason and it seems like everyone else is too...

Casey and Finnegan were from a kids show... Mr Rogers? Or... hrm

That could be a toss up. On one hand the kids would never pick up on it, on the other hand the parents might

Old 06-21-2014, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

I LOVE baby names! I could have 100 kids just to have fun picking out the names. We are on #4 and so far we have...

Poet Elizabeth Paz "Poet"
Robert Lyon Ocean "Lyon" (Poet and Lyon are girl/boy twins)
Thomas Hopalong Luck "Hoppy"

and they say this one is a boy so were thinking Atlas Wilde, "Atlas" but we dont know what to use for a third name, and where to put it. Maybe Mark after DH, or I also like Dane or Breaux.
If this baby surprises us and is a girl, (we had an early u/s) we like Clarity Rose or Petal Darling.

Most of our names thus far have been family names, we've been lucky to have fun family names to choose from.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadmama127 View Post
I LOVE baby names! I could have 100 kids just to have fun picking out the names. We are on #4 and so far we have...

Poet Elizabeth Paz "Poet"
Robert Lyon Ocean "Lyon" (Poet and Lyon are girl/boy twins)
Thomas Hopalong Luck "Hoppy"

and they say this one is a boy so were thinking Atlas Wilde, "Atlas" but we dont know what to use for a third name, and where to put it. Maybe Mark after DH, or I also like Dane or Breaux.
If this baby surprises us and is a girl, (we had an early u/s) we like Clarity Rose or Petal Darling.

Most of our names thus far have been family names, we've been lucky to have fun family names to choose from.
Sorry mommy2ciara, I didnt mean to "quote" yours in my post. I'm kind of new at this!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:30 AM

We don't share our names that we are thinking of either (IRL). We were so certain that we were going to name our daughter Talitha, but everyone seemed to have a negative opinion of it that we changed it. She's Elizabeth Ree now (Elizabeth is his mom's middle name and Ree is a family name on my side) so it worked out. Then our youngest son was going to be Julian, and even was Julian for the first couple of hours after he was born, but we changed it to Johnathon. But that was because it's Dh's middle name and I think he really kind of wanted that but didn't want to push for it. This time around though, I said no more family names. We really don't have any good ones left anyway. We have a lot of people in our family who are just named initals, like J.S. Which is weird to me. So far, for a girl I really like Eowyn and for a boy I really like Taran, but we're having trouble coming up with middle names for them. We want the middle names to be Christian since we're Orthodox and will need to pick a saint for the baby. We're thinking Marigold to go with Eowyn (and use St Mary of Paris) and Tobias to go with Taran from the book of Tobit. Eh, I don't know though. It'll likely change before the baby is born. We're waiting to find out what we're having btw.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
thinking of naming the baby Lilly/Lily, Penney/Penny, Kate/Katy/Kati, or maybe Camille.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), and DD 2 (1 day old) by home water birth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I'm so early in my pregnancy but of course I already have a list of potential names. We won't actually decide until we meet baby but so far for girls names we favor Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Charlotte, Arietta, Ophelia, and Fiona. For boys we like Phoenix, Declan, William (after DH) shortened to "Liam", and Maximilian.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturemama23 View Post
thinking of naming the baby Lilly/Lily, Penney/Penny, Kate/Katy/Kati, or maybe Camille.
I'm in LOVE with the Nickname Millie... and would lend so well to Camille!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:40 PM

I've been kind of quiet on the boards but wanted to run a name by everyone. We are having a lot of trouble coming up with a name for our boy. We thought of Mozzie tonight. Completely horrible or kind of fun?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post
then what about Camilla, with the nicknames Milla/Mills?

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), and DD 2 (1 day old) by home water birth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
This is not my DDC, so forgive me for crashing! I have friends who named their daughter Milla (not short for anything). Sooo, cute!

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

Old 06-26-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Milla is super cute too!!!! I was trying to find a name where we could use Millie but wasn't coming up with something I loved... but if someone else is going to get use out of it!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:37 PM

Mozzie like Ozzie Osbourne or like rhymes with posie? Could be sweet but it sounds to me like more of a nickname.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:39 PM

Note to self: I like Camille-Millie, Milla and Marigold-Mari. Could Marigold be a boy's name too?
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Milla is super cute too!!!! I was trying to find a name where we could use Millie but wasn't coming up with something I loved... but if someone else is going to get use out of it!
yeah, I like it... wanna have matching baby names?

Old 07-07-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
almost 31 weeks here... still nothing. i had a list. Dh shot those down. I even asked a friend who did a "baby reading" for me.. he's not talking either. ;-( Says he might tell me in a dream or shortly before birth.....it kinda makes me anxious.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Old 07-07-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Danielle- I am in the same boat 30+ wks and NO names! It is stressing me out a bit I just can't find any I like and can't seem to find time to really research.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM

Same here, we have a list but don't love or even really like them. Its funny we're having a boy again, but not considering any of the names we had on the list for my first son. Seems to be harder the second time.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM

new name ideas: Rowan, Brynn, Ariala

Old 08-22-2014, 09:18 PM

I know its been awhile since anyone posted here, but this is the closest we've been to picking names. I would love to hear thoughts, suggestions or opinions on first and middle combos or new suggestions. Big brother is Asher Donovan.

First names:
Bodhi
Fletcher
Ari
Tucker
Oliver

Middle names:
Indigo
Owen
Tucker
Oliver

User Tag List