BUMPS and Belly Shots!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#121 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ha thanks Corinne! You too could have one that big if you had a large fist sized (yest the midwife was stunned) fibroid growing off your uterus! She was like wow, this is a very large fibroid. I said yeah...I know. I wanted it removed long ago but they said that it could leave scar tissue and make it tough to get pregnant. So hopefully it won't grow too much more! There won't be room for baby!

#122 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

FIbroid or not, Crickets you look awesome!

So does everyone :)

So I have been feeling awful the last few days.  Exhausted beyond belief, and ravenous all the time.  And yesterday I was wearing my regular pants.  Today I wake up to THIS:

WHAT?!?!?!?!???

I can't even zip up the SAME PANTS I wore yesterday! It's all maternity all the time from here on out.  I'm 13 weeks on Sunday. Can't believe I experienced such incredible growth so fast!

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#123 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 02:31 PM

MrsKatie! You look beautiful! So awesome and what a marvelous bump! Sorry you've been feeling so exhausted though. I hope you can try to rest a bit here and there to catch up if at all possible!

#124 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 02:33 PM

Crickets, thank you so much! Fortunately I feel GREAT today, I'm certain the crippling exhaustion and overwhelming hunger were due to the upcoming growth spurt - and now that it's happened I feel so much better!  How are YOU feeling?

#125 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Wow, Mrs, Katie! That's an awesome bump! (I'm both impressed and nervous that mine doesn't look like that at almost exactly the same dates...)
#126 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

Wow, Mrs, Katie! That's an awesome bump! (I'm both impressed and nervous that mine doesn't look like that at almost exactly the same dates...)

Dude.  The size of my bump is pretty much insane for being 12+4.  I looked like I do now at about 20 weeks with my first, seriously.  Besides, who knows how you'll look tomorrow?  Take it from me!

#127 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 04:44 PM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKatie View Post

Dude.  The size of my bump is pretty much insane for being 12+4.  I looked like I do now at about 20 weeks with my first, seriously.  Besides, who knows how you'll look tomorrow?  Take it from me!

I'd kind of love it if that happened, although that wouldn't help me stay in the closet... I think I just need reasons to worry until my docs appt next week. Gotta see it to believe it, you know?
#128 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

I
I'd kind of love it if that happened, although that wouldn't help me stay in the closet... I think I just need reasons to worry until my docs appt next week. Gotta see it to believe it, you know?

Oh yes, of course I understand that! Are you staying in the closet till after the appointment? Is this your first appt, at 13ish weeks?  It's so hard to wait!

#129 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 PM

Yeah.  New provider, and they're doing the ultrasound, the looooong talk with the nurse and the physical exam all in one go a week from today.  I tried desperately to find a heartbeat using iStethoscope, but to no avail.  So next week is the moment of truth, but I'd love to see my belly grow like yours in the meantime!  If all goes well, I'll tell me immediate family and DD after the appointment. 

#130 of 452 Old 03-20-2014, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

MrsKatie I think you get the blue ribbon in the overnight change department. :thumb 

It's so hard to believe you can't wear the same pants... makes a good case for pg ladies being prepared with a few maternity items.  It is really interesting about the change being preceded by super hunger and exhaustion.  I guess your body was giving you fair warning - and you must've eaten some equivalent to MiracleGro! 

#131 of 452 Old 03-21-2014, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow, you just POPPED overnight! How cool is that :D It looks beautiful, enjoy your sudden-bump.

#132 of 452 Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 AM

I've had constant round ligament pain in my lower right abdomen / groin since this morning. Maybe I can expect a doubling in size by tomorrow. wink1.gif

By the way, you look great MrsKatie smile.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#133 of 452 Old 03-21-2014, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKatie View Post

FIbroid or not, Crickets you look awesome!

So does everyone smile.gif

So I have been feeling awful the last few days.  Exhausted beyond belief, and ravenous all the time.  And yesterday I was wearing my regular pants.  Today I wake up to THIS:

WHAT?!?!?!?!???

I can't even zip up the SAME PANTS I wore yesterday! It's all maternity all the time from here on out.  I'm 13 weeks on Sunday. Can't believe I experienced such incredible growth so fast!

Way to grow @MrsKatie!! You look beautiful!
#134 of 452 Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 AM

I hope everyone is feeling as great as they're looking! No change in my bump. Hope you all have a great weekend!
#135 of 452 Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM

17w2d. DH hasn't been able to take a belly pic of me yet this week, so I'll have to make do with a bathroom mirror pic :)

P.S. Notice my new rose gold iPhone 5s? I'm a spoiled mama over here squeeeeeeeeee!

#136 of 452 Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Aww @fragolina you looks so happy and you are just adorable. Made me smile orngbiggrin.gif
#137 of 452 Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

fragolina you look great!  I like your tank top - need to find some of those with a cute print. 

Previously you said that at home you immediately changed into your DH's shorts and tee shirts.  I certainly hope those aren't his!  :wink

#138 of 452 Old 03-23-2014, 08:01 AM

Lineuponline- I am SOOOO happy lately! Right around the time the morning sickness lessened, I became Mrs. Sunshine farting rainbows all the time- I have no idea what happened! It's like my normal hot buttons are gone, and DH picked up the grumpy slack lol

innacircle- Noooo!! hahahahahaha NOT DH's thank goodness. The quick change only happens when I'm wearing the uncomfortable business wear, but these were an Old Navy $10 mat tank and their khaki mat shorts that are so loose and big (complete with no-ass syndrome) that it's almost like I'm wearing nothing at all. I signed up for their email program to get 20% off an order (try finding it on www.retailmenot.com) and bought about 10 maternity tanks for layering and surviving the next few warm months, my faves are the polka dot ones- I'm wearing gray and pink today! Bonus that the coupon works on clearance and marked down items too! 

Edited to show the disparity between DH's and my sizing...if I were wearing his clothing, you guys would know it! 5' compared to 6'3" lol...I'm standing on my toes!

#139 of 452 Old 03-23-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragolina View Post

Cute couple!!

Oh, and you mentioned stuff from Old Navy.  I have a few tanks that are in transit now, but not that style. Thx for the tip on 20% off... nice!

#140 of 452 Old 03-23-2014, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post

Ha thanks Corinne! You too could have one that big if you had a large fist sized (yest the midwife was stunned) fibroid growing off your uterus! She was like wow, this is a very large fibroid. I said yeah...I know. I wanted it removed long ago but they said that it could leave scar tissue and make it tough to get pregnant. So hopefully it won't grow too much more! There won't be room for baby!

Oh dear!  yes, I don't want one of those.  Sorry:(  

#141 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 05:46 AM

Awwwwwww! Fragolina! You are positively RADIANT! I'm thrilled to see you so happy! Wowsa! Your man IS quite tall! You make an adorable couple! So great!

CorinneVT! Dont' be sorry, lol! I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Haha.

I'll have my hubs take a belly shot this week sometime!

#142 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 AM

You all looks so amazing.  So jealous of your bumps.  Wishing I would not of made homemade candy and truffles for everyone for Christmas and gained that extra 10lbs.  My belly is out there, but it isn't nearly as cool looking as you ladies.  :) 

#143 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

18 weeks

So the bump is not so bumpy - back to my barrel shape!

Why am I the only one... maybe everybody else is carrying boys???? 

#144 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 AM

innacircle, I still see your bump and certainly would never define as barrel shaped, lol. How about "still slender shaped!" ;)

#145 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Inna, 18 weeks already, amazing!  You look so great, and I promise, promise, promise you will have that bump before you know it.  I know how frustrating it is to wait!

#146 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!  My two SILs want to see belly pics so bad bc it will make it more real for them (they're each 1000+ miles away in opposite directions).  I told them I'd send them one today.  I think they may be scratching their heads a little though!  headscratch.gif

#147 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

You girls are so sweet! Daisygrrrl needs to post a pic I think...what do you girls think? :D

Innacircle- I can definitely see the bump forming! In fact, it actually looks like your babe is growing down below and impeding into your digestion zone, judging by how much you've pushed out on the bottom, and on top since the last pic (probably why you're not noticing the bump anymore?). Maybe you should pic stitch your early "bump" pics so they can see the difference? Pleeeeeaaaase just enjoy it while you can, I'm now wearing maternity tops along with the bottoms and I'm in a weird in-between stage. The mat tops are too loose and the regular give off a "fat guy in a little coat" vibe. Maybe you'll just pop out overnight and catch up! Or (better yet), you'll just have a nice, small sized baby without the massive head and long legs that mine is already displaying (just like DH already! lol)...I'll edit this post with my blurry little creepy 3D ultrasound picture so you can see exactly what I'm talking about :Sheepish 

Edited for ultrasound pic: I'll be the first to admit that 3D ultrasounds are creepy, especially early on. That said, we paid for a 2D and she went back and forth in the views, and snapped this pic. Here is my big headed scrawny babe playing with his toes, and wiggling his fingers for the camera. Other than that, he was super still until he got jiggled a little bit :)

#148 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

fragolina - My, what a gymnast you have!  I'm pretty sure my yoga teacher does that once in a while...

I can def tell the baby is pushing all of my insides wherever she darn well pleases.  Inevitably after meals I end up burping like a maniac because of it.  Quite the experience... then DH wants to join in.  Yes, we are the classy ones.  :Sheepish

This would be my bump pic lineup - still not very impressive for what I'm sure is expected! 

15 weeks                               16 weeks                              17 weeks                         18 weeks

I'm fine with it though - no biggie for me.  My stomach area does feel super tight though.  I guess all those muscles from my teenage gymnast days aren't giving up without a fight!

#149 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

fragolina - My, what a gymnast you have!  I'm pretty sure my yoga teacher does that once in a while...

I can def tell the baby is pushing all of my insides wherever she darn well pleases.  Inevitably after meals I end up burping like a maniac because of it.  Quite the experience... then DH wants to join in.  Yes, we are the classy ones.  :Sheepish

This would be my bump pic lineup - still not very impressive for what I'm sure is expected! 

15 weeks                               16 weeks                              17 weeks                         18 weeks

I'm fine with it though - no biggie for me.  My stomach area does feel super tight though.  I guess all those muscles from my teenage gymnast days aren't giving up without a fight!

I was going to say- you must have some amazing ab muscles!  But don't worry, this babe will take care of that for ya.  Next time you'll be showing at 10 weeks!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#150 of 452 Old 03-24-2014, 04:48 PM

I went back and looked earlier just to make sure it wasn't making it up, but I definitely see a difference!
As for classy...DH wishes he could burp like me! Apparently I found the one guy that never taught himself how to burp on command lol...I make up for it with my belching though smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page