BUMPS and Belly Shots!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#1 of 452 Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I figured it's about time we opened up a place for bump discussions and belly shots.  I'm one of the ppl who is technically due at the end of August but we all run late in my family.

Today is 14 weeks.

I don't have a bump per se - more of a doughy look like I've been eating too much ice cream!  I've gained close to 7lbs so far. 

p.s.  I've never done selfies.  It's harder than I thought it would be!

#2 of 452 Old 02-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Awesome!

We have a belly thread started, just bumped it up smile.gif Love the belly shots, they're my favorite part of the ddc!

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#3 of 452 Old 02-24-2014, 06:04 PM

AppleMark

Body selfies really are so difficult, and I have short little arms! I always picture a T-Rex when I try to take a bump shot by myself lol

#4 of 452 Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll have to get cracking and take a photo too though I'm not terribly excited about showing off my belly haha. I've always been an hourglass figure and carried a little extra on my belly, so I thought I would take longer to show. However, I've been looking quite pregnant! Even when I lost weight due to morning sickness, I still gained weight on my belly. Bummer. Oh well, at least I'm still at that phase where people would be too scared to ask directly as I could simply be a little plump :wink But my 12 week scan is this friday. If all goes well *fingers crossed*, we'll start telling people.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40
#5 of 452 Old 02-24-2014, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't know that I look that different as I have been sporting a belly since my miscarriage over a year ago... But I am enjoying wearing clothes that embrace the wombular area. Justifying the gut!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#6 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've been waiting to take belly shots until 12 weeks. I felt like it would be a good celebratory milestone pic! But I do already look 6 mos! Some of the bloating has gone down but last night I had a lot of salty blue corn chips and salsa (like I simply couldn't get enough of it might as well have drank it straight from the jar!) and whoa! I bloated up to mammoth proportions! I'll have to do my selfie this Sunday (12 weeks) and first thing in the morning when it looks most realistic! 

You all look so great! This is exciting!

#7 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragolina View Post

AppleMark

Body selfies really are so difficult, and I have short little arms! I always picture a T-Rex when I try to take a bump shot by myself lol

fragolina - Your T-rex makes me giggle.  I am opposite - I have monkey arms!

You are pretty much right at 14 weeks, right?  Your belly looks great - I can't imagine on your teeny tiny frame that there's anywhere for a baby to go but up and out! 

pandorash - I will prob do next pic with a tight shirt.  My belly is just way too jiggly/doughy and white.  Normally I have a slim waist profile and abs are present.  I guess my 40yo body isn't handling the weight gain so gracefully! 

crickets - at 11ish weeks I was so reactive bloat-wise to anything with spice.  I craved it but then I'd blow up like a balloon and be burping forever.  That's when I got the gas-x.  Only had to use it off and on for about 7-10 days.  I'm glad that phase seems to be behind me!

anyalily - love the word "wombular"!  I got a pair of leggings and jeans from Motherhood the other day (my first mat clothes) and wow how comfy.  I'm normally very casual around the house so my loose lounge pants are my go-to choice.  Are you doing mat clothes or just comfy loose stuff?

#8 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 08:05 AM

Watch out - I might blind you! I've always been extremely pale and don't tan well, so there you have it.
13 weeks with twins.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#9 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 AM

OOHHHHH you all look so great! So wonderful! Motivated we call that 'creamy' in my Irish family! LOL. I'm typically a creamy gal as well but something happened to me once I moved out west for a few years and now I can actually manage a tan. Strange but true. I am pretty pale too and I promise to share my belly pic on Sunday at 12 weeks.:bgbounce

#10 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

MM - Nice belly! 

I was always that way (very white) until we moved to Florida when I was 13.  After years of sun exposure I'm now an off-white perma-tanned color in comparison.  Sadly still not much tanning capacity though - and with the SPF 2000 I wear it's good my DH likes me pale!

Your sun exposure has obviously been limited - will make for some young, pretty skin even when you're older.  Jealous.

#11 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 12:28 PM

Gorgeous, everyone! I'll do another bump shot at 10 weeks.

So should we just make this the official belly thread now? I think I can delete the old one since I started it... Just wanna make sure they are all in the same place!

#12 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 03:43 PM

@innacircle- You're too sweet! I've been feeling like an overweight cow (and making most of the appropriate noises) from being so uncomfortable and having my center of gravity shift so quickly. My midwife showed me where my uterus was and I was shocked that it's so low and I'm so big above that! So when DH pat my belly yesterday I asked him if he was getting acquainted with my digestive system. His face ---> bigeyes.gif

And yep, 14 weeks tomorrow!

#13 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

mrskatie - We'd love to see your belly here!  When will you be 10 weeks?

fragolina - your account of the digestive system was a good one!  Funny what our our non-healthcare DHs don't realize sometimes!  I'm feeling fluffy too - I went and got some maternity clothes from motherhood bc normal clothes just feel binding on my midsection.  OMG so comfy - glad I didn't wait.  Now my belly and intestines can feel free to stretch out a bit.  Ahhhhh....

#14 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM

Oh yes, lots of room! Prairie skirts with loose elastics under my belly, unbuttoned pants with a belly band and fold over yoga pants. Ahhhhhhh, wonderful! The reason we were both kind of shocked about the fact that baby is so low is because my stomach is SO firm, absolutely no fluff in sight! Just non-budging round middle with boobs, a big head and sticks for limbs :rotflmao

#15 of 452 Old 02-25-2014, 06:07 PM

I've had weird lumpy bloat for the last week or two and now the last few days I've had a bump. I'm definitely getting bloated still, but now there's a bump! I didn't show until at least 15 weeks, more like 17. But I look like I did at 15 with my first. Roughly. I'm 10 weeks I was 20lbs heavier during that pregnancy though. Started 170 with her, 150 with this one. 5'6"

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFdelayedvax.gifcrochetsmilie.gif               luxlove.gif Happily married 06/2013 love.gif       bouncy.gif DD1 (S) 04/2012  waterbirth.jpg

candle.gif missed mc 04/2013 at 9 weeks candle.gif              stork-suprise.gif Due 09/2014 belly.gif

#16 of 452 Old 02-26-2014, 05:12 AM

Ok I caved.

They said at my apt. yesterday baby was measuring 11 weeks 6 days (not 3 like I thought) so that would mean 12 today. LOL

To heck with it!

Sorry for terrible gritty pic, was in bedroom early morning with cell and not the greatest light. But here's my buddah! I will add a better one in a couple days.

#17 of 452 Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post
Ok I caved.

They said at my apt. yesterday baby was measuring 11 weeks 6 days (not 3 like I thought) so that would mean 12 today. LOL

To heck with it!

Sorry for terrible gritty pic, was in bedroom early morning with cell and not the greatest light. But here's my buddah! I will add a better one in a couple days.

Wow Crickets - lookin great! 

I like your rationale on the 12-week timing... perfect.  I imagine there's not much hiding that bump as you're obviously a slim person.  Does everyone know? 

p.s.  your "creamy" is like my version of being fully tanned!

#18 of 452 Old 02-26-2014, 07:20 AM

Thanks innacircle! Don't be fooled, haha! There was no daylight then just lamplight and it makes me look more tan than I am. I do have a 'golden' tone but nothing near what the pic is showing, lol. I WISH.

Yeah people have been looking at me sideways for weeks. We're starting to let it leak. After seeing the ultrasound and hearing heartbeat yest etc. we're feeling a bit more comfy but still trying to wait it out to tell all till end of 12th week. :-)

#19 of 452 Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

I don't know that I look that different as I have been sporting a belly since my miscarriage over a year ago... But I am enjoying wearing clothes that embrace the wombular area. Justifying the gut!

Ha!  I also like this word "wombular!"

I don't know that I look a lot different than usual either, though I was a little pudgy around the middle before my miscarriage this fall, but...now I don't feel the need to suck my belly in...baby justifies the gut!  Actually, I don't seem to be able to suck the gut in anymore, I guess this is the difference.  

Also, it feels much tighter in there and maybe looks a little tighter on the outside so I am more inclined to let the "wombular" area show.

#20 of 452 Old 02-28-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

You'd think I'd be diligently checking out my belly these days, but since it's been so cold and I'm always bundled up I don't really take the regular opportunity.  I was noticing that all of your belly shots look full and round and mine just looks flabby... so I investigated.  Turns out all of the fluff you see in my pic (the part that protrudes in front of a line from my rib cage to my hip bones) is just a thick "donut of fat" that circles my belly button now.  I have never had fat on my belly, and for it to show up when I'm expecting a bump well... I feel a bit hoodwinked.  I showed DH this morning and he was really surprised by it too.  The flab isn't just limited to the "donut" either - it's a nice little blubber jacket coating my whole midsection.  What a treat. huh.gif

#21 of 452 Old 02-28-2014, 08:05 AM

innacircle! I thought you had the perfect little beginnings of a baby bump! 

#22 of 452 Old 02-28-2014, 10:33 AM

Innacircle- you have a cute bump! I think you're just being critical of yourself, but your account made me laugh....it's just milk stores starting! I've ALWAYS had a half eaten donut on the underside of my belly button, no matter how skinny I am so consider yourself lucky, not hoodwinked! Lol

#23 of 452 Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM

I just realized mine is the only belly shot facing the other direction! Maybe its cause I'm partial to my tatoo. LOL! I'll do the next one from the other angle!

#24 of 452 Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 PM

It's a GREAT tattoo, keep it on that side!! 

#25 of 452 Old 03-03-2014, 05:18 AM

Thanks fragolina!

When my dad passed 3 years ago I got it in honor of him. It's hard to tell in pic but hawk is flying with a Celtic cross with his initials. He loved hawks and eagles and right around the time of his death we saw hawks everywhere. The morning he passed my husband and I were walking our dog and in our little city streets a hawk swooped down within 2 feet of our heads and then swooped back up and soared away. We knew that was my dad. So I definitely love the tattoo myself but then I'm partial. ;)

#26 of 452 Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

OK here's the 15 weeks pic.  Crickets, I switched directions so you don't have to feel like you're the only one any more.  Sadly my selfie skills have not improved!

No bump, but everything in front of that dimple area on my hip is new - more of a fullness than anything.  It's surprising how much a change like that can alter how clothing fits!

#27 of 452 Old 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Yayy! You  have a wee bump! Totally changes the way things fit! My belly looks much the same as my last shot if not a big smaller since I started eating a bit healthier! I'll take a shot in a few days! Thanks for the directional shift innacircle! :rotflmao

#28 of 452 Old 03-03-2014, 03:01 PM

I shifted directions for you too! lol...13w5d. I have no idea how my tummy is so large compared to yours innacircle!!

#29 of 452 Old 03-03-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragolina View Post
I shifted directions for you too! lol...13w5d. I have no idea how my tummy is so large compared to yours innacircle!!

My reaction to your pic was Oh my goodness - look at that pregnant cutie!  Wow - you show it well!

I don't know why it is so diff either.  shrug.gif

I have a very, very short torso (I can barely fit 2 fingers bw my ribs and hips) so there really is nowhere for the baby to go but out.  The only thing I can think of is that it must be related to my tipped uterus. 

Your belted top is quite elegant by the way.  I hope I can pull it together like that!

#30 of 452 Old 03-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Love this!

Yesterday at 10 weeks smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page