• 1 Post By cynthia mosher

#1 of 30 Old 06-07-2014, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
June Chat Thread

Yay! Back to the forum template!!!

The features should all be working now!

A couple threads didn't copy over like the June thread so I'm starting a new one

What is everyone up to?

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#2 of 30 Old 06-07-2014, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
A question about the format - how can I see my subscriptions? I used to be able to get on the page and right away it showed how many people responded to posts I'd subscribed to. Is that not a feature anymore?
#3 of 30 Old 06-07-2014, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Other than a small visual change to the "home page" of our DDC none of the features I lost are available.

ETA: I do see an edit button but it still takes me to the OP and no way to post photos or know if people have replied to me.
#4 of 30 Old 06-07-2014, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Strange... the thread about the alternate temp group, seems to not allow me to view anything past the 3rd page of replies. I did go over there and found the teal button, and joined with a masked email that will disappear in about 3 hours, so hopefully I don't need an emailed invite to join, but rather a PMed one on Bump.

Gah, this is such a shame to have the whole point of a DDC messed up right as we head into the final stretch of our pregnancies! I was about to tell about this rude "piece of work" who sauntered over and stood in my driveway and had all kinds of things to say about "are you pregnant AGAIN?!" (she doesn't even know me by name, nor I her!) and "Well I think 3's enough for anyone!" (we pay our own bills and make our own decisions about our family, thank you) and then kept saying, "Well, I'm just SAYING!" to which I said, "Yes. And what you are saying, is very rude." But she wouldn't leave so I finally just asked her if she had any other criticisms she'd like to proffer about my husband's and my lifestyle, and waved Buh-Bye, and she stomped off muttering nasties, then audibly told the rest of the gang of rejects she was "hangin' with" out in front of the low-rent tenement down the street, how they shouldn't go over and talk to me because I was so rude!

HAHAHAHA! Yay, you mean she won't be back? Win-win!
I don't even know that person except seeing her face go up and down the street periodically over the last few years. I think she was a teen a few years ago, though it's really hard to tell because she's morbidly obese and has disfiguring acne, which no one would choose, but one of my best friends had that acne problem and I don't make fun. But I wonder, did she have some aggression toward me, or did she really just not get why it's not polite to issue negative opinions about someone else's family, especially with their daughter standing right there? She may really not have meant anything, nor realized how poor her social skills are.

But, if she never approaches me again, I can't say I'm sorry!

ribbongreen.gif For Cricketschirping, with 3 homeschool.gif kids, , babygirl.gifribboncesarean.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif and planning another babyboy.gifhbac.gif

pos.gif5++++10++++15++++20+2ndtri.gif++25++++30++++35++++(++stork-boy.gif

#5 of 30 Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by callieollie View Post
A question about the format - how can I see my subscriptions? I used to be able to get on the page and right away it showed how many people responded to posts I'd subscribed to. Is that not a feature anymore?
@callieollie you should see our subscriptions here:
http://www.mothering.com/forum/subsc...ewsubscription

You can also click the Thread Subscriptions and Forum subscriptions. As the September 2014 DDC is now a real forum you can also subscribe to threads or to the forum itself.

Let me know if you need any help with any of it - Thanks!

Mark

PS: There were some of you who couldn't post, edit, reply etc in this section, it should be fixed, but please let me know if you are still having issues.
delightedbutterfly likes this.

Last edited by verticalscope; 06-07-2014 at 08:42 PM.
#6 of 30 Old 06-07-2014, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

For subscribed threads go to Tools > Hover over "Quick Links" and the Subscribed threads should be there.

Also as you go through the forums, threads you have posted in will have a great big checkmark right before where it lists "Last post" info.

Also to get to the newest thread press the upside down ^ before the thread title.

Hopefully your posting issues have been fixed Line. There may be a few flaws too still iron them out but Mark has been very very understanding of us pregnant ladies. So if you post or flag him or I we can get things fixed.

We are hosted right on the main mothering forums page and don't need to go through the DDC lists to get here.

Let me know if you need screen shots to help navigate anything but everything from quotes to multiquotes to mentions and likes should be back functioning now.

#7 of 30 Old 06-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
To help out here, I've auto-subscribed everyone in the September DDC. You should now see the September 2014 DDC Forum in your Subscribed Forum list here: http://www.mothering.com/index.php?p...msubscriptions

It'll also email you for any new thread/conversation created in the section.

We're doing what we can to get this working the way you all want it to, so please keep the feedback coming.

Mark
#8 of 30 Old 06-08-2014, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Now that most/all? Of the features are working again...

What's everyone been up to?
@innacircle - how have the renos been going?
@cricketschirpin - any more news on the fibroid?
@rainbowasylum - how's the new house working out?

Everyone else I've completely missed... What's new in the last couple days?

#9 of 30 Old 06-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
@lineuponline see my post here for how to post pictures: Website Conversion - Please Read

Hope it helps!
delightedbutterfly likes this.

#10 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I am a mobile only user and do not have any of those icons.
#11 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi all. Still here and trying to find my way around the new format...

Baby and pregnancy stuff... we got our tax refund in May so I was able to get the rest of our newborn diapers and a little plastic dresser for next to our bedside to keep them in. I already had a lot of nightgowns and have been picking up some shirts or pants every time we go to Target, so I think we are good to go in the clothes department.

Officially in my 3rd trimester now and going to see the ob every two weeks now. Baby Boy is moving a ton and seems to be settled in right behind my pelvis.
#12 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has the group moved to another site?

Hi everyone! I'm so confused. Has the group moved elsewhere? I've been a largely inactive member of this due date club thus far because I've just had tons going on. I'm due to move in just a few weeks, while also preparing our home for my 2 teen stepdaughters who will be with us for a couple weeks prior to the move. So I've been packing, cleaning & organizing like crazy. More, my 2 little boys do not like me sitting at the computer for any amount of time or any reason. LOL I don't have a smart phone and my Nook just isn't that easy to make lengthy posts on. But I do plan to be a more active participant, especially following the move.
#13 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post
Hi all. Still here and trying to find my way around the new format...

Baby and pregnancy stuff... we got our tax refund in May so I was able to get the rest of our newborn diapers and a little plastic dresser for next to our bedside to keep them in. I already had a lot of nightgowns and have been picking up some shirts or pants every time we go to Target, so I think we are good to go in the clothes department.

Officially in my 3rd trimester now and going to see the ob every two weeks now. Baby Boy is moving a ton and seems to be settled in right behind my pelvis.
Yay!!!! I just hit the third trimester too and it's exciting!!!! Although I can't get LittleOne to make up it's mind on where to settle. If I'm upright it's head down. If I lay down it goes back to transverse... There must still be a LOT of room in there!

And yay for new dipes and clothes!!!!

#14 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 AM

fruitfulmomma, do you shop in Target's maternity section or regular women's clothes? Someone recommended to me to buy a non-maternity maxi skirt with a non-maternity longer shirt that stretches and has cinching on the sides at Target. I haven't shopped at Target in forever, though. So I don't know if I should just go straight for the maternity section or give her suggestions a try.

We're having a boy, too, our third.
#15 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post
Hi everyone! I'm so confused. Has the group moved elsewhere? I've been a largely inactive member of this due date club thus far because I've just had tons going on. I'm due to move in just a few weeks, while also preparing our home for my 2 teen stepdaughters who will be with us for a couple weeks prior to the move. So I've been packing, cleaning & organizing like crazy. More, my 2 little boys do not like me sitting at the computer for any amount of time or any reason. LOL I don't have a smart phone and my Nook just isn't that easy to make lengthy posts on. But I do plan to be a more active participant, especially following the move.
That sounds crazy!!!!! Moving/packing/cleaning and having your step daughters for a couple weeks!!!! Yikes!!!

Glad to see you around! I haven't been on as much either but hopefully with the change back to the forums in DDC we can get everyone posting again!

So happy to hear an update!!!!

#16 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
fruitfulmomma, do you shop in Target's maternity section or regular women's clothes? Someone recommended to me to buy a non-maternity maxi skirt with a non-maternity longer shirt that stretches and has cinching on the sides at Target. I haven't shopped at Target in forever, though. So I don't know if I should just go straight for the maternity section or give her suggestions a try.
Oh, sorry I meant baby clothes. I have looked at the maternity stuff there but haven't really found much that fits me. They do have a lot of stretchy skirts in the non-maternity section that look pretty comfy though. I was actually thinking about trying one but haven't gotten to it.

Quote:
We're having a boy, too, our third.
This is our second boy. We have an almost 14yo boy and then five girls.
#17 of 30 Old 06-09-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I have one shirt from Target (but the one here in Canada, the one I went to in the US was really picked over) and I like it a lot!!!! But it is one of the Maternity shirts with rouching on the side. In previous pregnancies I've worn all sorts of non mat clothes that were more form fitting and they hugged the bump nicely!

Good news!!!! I met with the Doula who needs practice births and I really really really like her!!!! Hoping maybe we can find a time to meet with DH and hopefully he'll really like her too (I think we will) and then book her!!!!

#18 of 30 Old 06-10-2014, 08:53 AM

DD's first birthday celebration is tonight. It's small but I have a house to whip into shape, and I need to finish the sprouted soaked sugar free cupcakes without doing a trial run and hope for the best. I'm hovering between a state of panic and peace with the way things currently are. I anticipate being exhausted tonight.

Crystal Marie
Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail – as you surely will – adjust your lives, not the standards.

#19 of 30 Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMarie View Post
DD's first birthday celebration is tonight. It's small but I have a house to whip into shape, and I need to finish the sprouted soaked sugar free cupcakes without doing a trial run and hope for the best. I'm hovering between a state of panic and peace with the way things currently are. I anticipate being exhausted tonight.
Sometimes trying things for the first time works out to be the best!!! Good luck on the cupcakes and the party!!!

And a happy birthday to your DD and a happy birth day to you!

#20 of 30 Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

I get to go for my second anatomy scan today... Hoping this experience will be better

#21 of 30 Old 06-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post
I get to go for my second anatomy scan today... Hoping this experience will be better
Hope it goes smoothly for you! Let us know!

Crystal Marie
Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail – as you surely will – adjust your lives, not the standards.

#22 of 30 Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM

Phew. This looks better - at least tolerable! I'm a mobile only user too so I hope this format will work well enough for that!
#23 of 30 Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 PM

Just won this on eBay... For elimination communication! m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=231248914722
#24 of 30 Old 06-25-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
please comment on my thread in toddler health. my DD has a terrible stye, and her whole lower eyelid is swollen. the doctor said that she needs an operation! please help. no one has posted. feeling sad and alone, cuz DH has been away on business and can't come home! please help.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), 9 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#25 of 30 Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would like to try the EC method with our baby. Do you have experience with your other children, anyalily?
#26 of 30 Old 06-26-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturemama23 View Post
please comment on my thread in toddler health. my DD has a terrible stye, and her whole lower eyelid is swollen. the doctor said that she needs an operation! please help. no one has posted. feeling sad and alone, cuz DH has been away on business and can't come home! please help.
I didn't see your other post but...

I've never heard of a stye being so bad they had to operate. I would do some research online and maybe get a second opinion from another doctor. Maybe there is an herbal treatment you could try first?
#27 of 30 Old 06-26-2014, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't see the other post either. Haven't been on much lately, but my last Dr said rubbing a gold ring, or using potatoe peels was supposed to help it. I always found my wedding ring seemed to help.

#28 of 30 Old 06-29-2014, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorinneVT View Post
I didn't see your other post but...

I've never heard of a stye being so bad they had to operate. I would do some research online and maybe get a second opinion from another doctor. Maybe there is an herbal treatment you could try first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post
I didn't see the other post either. Haven't been on much lately, but my last Dr said rubbing a gold ring, or using potatoe peels was supposed to help it. I always found my wedding ring seemed to help.
I know, so I asked another dr, and he said (his exact words) "that doctor is being a s*** head! don't go to him again.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), 9 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#29 of 30 Old 06-29-2014, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Naturemama- good thing you got a second opinion! Crazy!

So, apparently I have pinkeye. I woke up with my eye all filled with gunk, almost sealed shut, red and swollen. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me an antibiotic ointment. I wish I'd just gotten drops. Much easier, but no, I'm stuck trying to squeeze this gel into my eye every 6 hours! And the worst part for me is that I can't wear my contacts! I HATE wearing classes. I just feel really self-conscious with them on because I literally never wear them so I feel so weird about having to go to work for the next couple days without my contacts in.
#30 of 30 Old 07-06-2014, 08:17 PM

We need a July chat, not that i have much to say. Things are pretty uneventful lately. But, I'm going to have to step up the preparations soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page