Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   September 2014 Due Date Club (http://www.mothering.com/forum/17541-september-2014-due-date-club/)
-   -   so sad how inactive our group has become (http://www.mothering.com/forum/17541-september-2014-due-date-club/1424170-so-sad-how-inactive-our-group-has-become.html)

kateaton 06-16-2014 10:43 AM

so sad how inactive our group has become
 
Hi Ladies, I've been lurking during this crazy website transition time, but haven't posted anything. I've had crazy goings-on at my house... car drama, sick kid, etc. But I keep coming here hoping that everyone is active and talkative as before, but not so.

I miss all you ladies and your updates and stories. And the belly shots! It's so sad that we can't even post belly shots- just as we're starting to get into the third trimester!

I hope you're all still around and doing wonderful! Baby boy seems to be doing great here and my belly is huge (measuring consistently 3 weeks ahead).

Can I just vent that 1 piece of my car drama is that my air conditioning wasn't working. The mechanic fixed a fuse and it worked for 2 days, until yesterday when it died again. This morning he told me that the compressor is dead and that it's around $800 to fix :-( We've already spent $1000 on the alternator/oil leaks- so it looks like it's going to be a hot summer for this big preggo mama. Oh, and I'm sure I'll hear endless complaints from dd1 and dd2 about how hot they are in the car. grrrrrr.

delightedbutterfly 06-16-2014 12:05 PM

Ugh!!! I don't know how you are going to handle the heat in the car! I would meeeeeeelllllllllt!

I'm measuring a couple weeks ahead too and feeling huge! Baby was measuring 3 lbs at US last week at 28 weeks... That puts me at another 9lb baby if I go full term!!!!

cricketschirpin 06-16-2014 12:11 PM

kateaton, check your Private Message!
Miss you!

callieollie 06-16-2014 02:28 PM

Ugh, how awful about your car air conditioning. That would be horrible!

I have an u/s on Wednesday to make sure baby is growing well. I'm measuring small and haven't grown (fundal height-wise) in a month so they are just checking on things. I am pretty sure baby is transverse though so I think that's what is going on. I'm eager to hear though what the results are.

My birthday is this week and my parents are coming to visit too so I'm hoping for a fun day. I hope the weather is nice so I can go to the pool! I'm getting a yummy peanut butter cup ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I can't wait!

Marcimama 06-16-2014 03:36 PM

I know!
I wonder if the ladies who switched to the Bump know things are "better"?

I've been busy. Our camp started up so we've been here, there and everywhere the last 3ish weeks! I'm exhausted but enjoying having staff and campers around again!

Our goat had twins, a boy and a girl! She accepted both of them and after a nasty bout with engorgement we got them nursing on both teats and they are growing and doing amazing! It was super sweet to see her be a mother and care for her babies so well!

We also have had HUGE issues with our well. We've had a drought for about 3 winters here (the southwestern Rockies/Colorado) and evidently our water table has slowly gone down. Our well had normally been producing about 8 gallons an hour and now is down to 3/4 of a gallon an hour... we literally barely have enough water to use the toilets, bath and drink with and then basic care for our animals and greenhouse ... I've had to stop watering the grass and really limit the clothes and dishes we wash... It stinks! As a family of 7 we need MORE water! I am praying for rain! We usually get "monsoons" in July... hoping we get dumped on, even though it complicates things at camp.

In other news... I have a midwife appointment tomorrow. After much research I am opting out of the gestational diabetes test. Feeling totally ok about that and so glad I can! Never had it and don't eat much sugar/sweets anyway...

Feeling good but BIG.

emilula 06-17-2014 10:48 AM

@kateaton - so sorry to hear about your a/c! I've had compressors replaced on at least three cars, and it always hurts! You might try calling around for quotes - our last compressor was about $400, but other shops were quoting $1000 - just make sure it's a new compressor and not rebuilt.

I know what you mean about the site being slow...I'm mostly a lurker, but it's sad that there's less to read! Ah well, less time on the screen ;)

cricketschirpin 06-17-2014 11:22 AM

Hey Marcimama & other SDC mamas!
I have been keeping track of the changes here but honestly the whole way it was handled never sat well with me.
There is a great group over on the Bump. We have ou rown private group and if anyone else is interested, please PM me and I'll provide the details.
I hold no ill will here what-so-ever but we've got a very active and supportive group of 14 and growing of our original members there. We are day-to-day and night-to-night around supporting one another and its easy to post, super private, and you can upload pics with no problem.
I'm not really using any other facet of the Bump, it never really appealed to me before but it rescued me and some others during that lull where we had radio silence.
I miss the daily contact with a lot of you so like I said if anyone is interested PM me and I can walk you through how to find our group!
Thinking of you all often and hoping you are all doing great!
Crickets:x

kateaton 06-17-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilula (Post 17704586)
@kateaton - so sorry to hear about your a/c! I've had compressors replaced on at least three cars, and it always hurts! You might try calling around for quotes - our last compressor was about $400, but other shops were quoting $1000 - just make sure it's a new compressor and not rebuilt.

I know what you mean about the site being slow...I'm mostly a lurker, but it's sad that there's less to read! Ah well, less time on the screen ;)

thanks for the tip- $400 isn't so bad. Maybe I'll have to search!

kateaton 06-17-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callieollie (Post 17701810)
Ugh, how awful about your car air conditioning. That would be horrible!

I have an u/s on Wednesday to make sure baby is growing well. I'm measuring small and haven't grown (fundal height-wise) in a month so they are just checking on things. I am pretty sure baby is transverse though so I think that's what is going on. I'm eager to hear though what the results are.

My birthday is this week and my parents are coming to visit too so I'm hoping for a fun day. I hope the weather is nice so I can go to the pool! I'm getting a yummy peanut butter cup ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I can't wait!

I wish you the best tomorrow on your u/s! Keep us posted about how it goes.

kateaton 06-17-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly (Post 17701258)
Ugh!!! I don't know how you are going to handle the heat in the car! I would meeeeeeelllllllllt!

I'm measuring a couple weeks ahead too and feeling huge! Baby was measuring 3 lbs at US last week at 28 weeks... That puts me at another 9lb baby if I go full term!!!!

Did you find out what you're having yet? Not sure if I missed it or you didn't end up finding out.

callieollie 06-18-2014 12:29 PM

U/S went well! Placenta, cord, and amniotic fluid look good. The baby is measuring right on track and weighs about 2 pounds, 6 ounces. I got to take a look this time at his "parts" and it's definitely a boy! He was all curled up and moving tons. Went from curled up transverse, facing down toward my feet to head down, butt high on my left side and feet down low on my right (like a V). But generally he stayed pretty curled up the whole time. So I'm thinking he's just not taking up much space because of that. I'm glad to know all is good!

kateaton 06-19-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callieollie (Post 17708202)
U/S went well! Placenta, cord, and amniotic fluid look good. The baby is measuring right on track and weighs about 2 pounds, 6 ounces. I got to take a look this time at his "parts" and it's definitely a boy! He was all curled up and moving tons. Went from curled up transverse, facing down toward my feet to head down, butt high on my left side and feet down low on my right (like a V). But generally he stayed pretty curled up the whole time. So I'm thinking he's just not taking up much space because of that. I'm glad to know all is good!

Yay- that must be such a relief! Glad he's growing as he should!

annesokol 06-19-2014 11:17 AM

I signed up because I wanted to have a support group-- we do unattended births. But then I feel kind of weirdo that we do all this non-traditional stuff, like no ultrasounds, and very little prenatal testing. We live in Ukraine, too, so it's different. so anyway, I wasn't really sure how to connect and gush about things I want to gush about ...


:)

delightedbutterfly 06-19-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateaton (Post 17705202)
Did you find out what you're having yet? Not sure if I missed it or you didn't end up finding out.

We did! We're getting another girl!!!! DH is going to be swimming deeply in the estrogen ocean here!

kateaton 06-19-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly (Post 17711266)
We did! We're getting another girl!!!! DH is going to be swimming deeply in the estrogen ocean here!

Aw- Congrats on your little girl! We have 3 girls too and dh actually said that he's going to miss having another little girl this time! They sure do love their daddies!

emilula 06-19-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callieollie (Post 17708202)
U/S went well! Placenta, cord, and amniotic fluid look good. The baby is measuring right on track and weighs about 2 pounds, 6 ounces. I got to take a look this time at his "parts" and it's definitely a boy! He was all curled up and moving tons. Went from curled up transverse, facing down toward my feet to head down, butt high on my left side and feet down low on my right (like a V). But generally he stayed pretty curled up the whole time. So I'm thinking he's just not taking up much space because of that. I'm glad to know all is good!

Yay for good news!

innacircle 06-20-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketschirpin (Post 17704706)
Hey Marcimama & other SDC mamas!
I have been keeping track of the changes here but honestly the whole way it was handled never sat well with me.
There is a great group over on the Bump. We have ou rown private group and if anyone else is interested, please PM me and I'll provide the details.
I hold no ill will here what-so-ever but we've got a very active and supportive group of 14 and growing of our original members there. We are day-to-day and night-to-night around supporting one another and its easy to post, super private, and you can upload pics with no problem.
I'm not really using any other facet of the Bump, it never really appealed to me before but it rescued me and some others during that lull where we had radio silence.
I miss the daily contact with a lot of you so like I said if anyone is interested PM me and I can walk you through how to find our group!
Thinking of you all often and hoping you are all doing great!
Crickets:x

Hi ladies! :wave
This is just a bump of Crickets' message. Some of you have already joined us, and hopefully the rest will at least stop by to see us all (17 members) on the new/private site. We aren't encouraging you to jump ship or anything of that nature... just pop in and say hi! If you go to The Bump and search "Former MDC September 2014 DDC" you'll find us. You'll have to request to join the group and as soon as you do I will approve you.

delightedbutterfly 06-20-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateaton (Post 17711442)
Aw- Congrats on your little girl! We have 3 girls too and dh actually said that he's going to miss having another little girl this time! They sure do love their daddies!

Very very very excited! As much as I wanted a little boy I wanted another girl just as much! Now if only the name thing wasn't so hard :lol

Motivated Mama 07-08-2014 05:16 AM

I've been totally MIA - sorry ladies! I do miss you all. I've ramped up my writing work and other projects and have been part of a few facebook groups; some spin-offs from Mothering, others focused on multiples, babywearing, tandem babywearing, etc. Really too much... I just signed up over at the bump and I'm going to try to skim through here and see what you all are up to / how you're feeling. :)

rachie 07-12-2014 12:50 PM

Sorry, I just kept forgetting to look up my old password and login to the new forum. That, and I found a really great UC support group on another site.

We were in Ukraine several years ago adopting one of our children. I'm planning UC this time as well so, ya, sort of don't usually fit in to the typical groups but am so happy for all the good updates here!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.