2Likes
  • 1 Post By delicate_sunshine
  • 1 Post By rosco

#1 of 19 Old 07-11-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Who all is still active here?

I know with the technical difficulties many have found another way to form a group so I was just wondering how many are still active here.

Also just wondering how everyone is doing and what is going on right now in your pregnancy?

I am 30.4 wks and have just hit totally miserable which is odd to me as I have not gained significantly nor swelling I do have some sciatica hip pain and upper back muscle pain and am hoping the chiropractor can help with that. I think a lot has to do with just all around stress but I wish so bad it was Sept already.

I have started reading birth stories like crazy I always feel such a need to read and hear them when I get farther along.

So how are yout all feeling?

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#2 of 19 Old 07-11-2014, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I am still here and also pregnant with #7 . He is due the end of August, on our anniversary, though I've never had an "on-time" baby, so I suspect he will be a September birth. Besides some insomnia and feeling exhausted from that, I feel like this pregnancy is going pretty well. My spd has not really flared up like it did the last few times, although my hips do hurt pretty bad if I lay on my back too long. He was measuring ahead the last couple of appointments so we have an us Tuesday to check fluid levels but not really worried as I tend to have big babies.
#3 of 19 Old 07-11-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Yay I am glad to have some company on #7 !

#4 of 19 Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I ma here, but not every day.
I am due early October, tend to give birth a bit earlier.
Now pregnant with baby #3 . I am 28 weeks, and feel like I am at 35 weeks.
I think it is the new house renovations, the packing (we are moving in just 5 days) and the working like crazy to pay all the expenses.
I am the only income in the family, the only uterus, and the only milk-provider (Ds2 still nursing). So it might explain why I am so tired at only 28 weeks. We also never sent kids to day care or preschool, so they are always with us (which is fun, I really like it, but it is tiring)
It is also a very exciting period right now, and I don'T want to be too tired and miss all the excitement.
and despite the fatigue, I really need at least 2 months to complete the move and finish working.
So, even though I am officially in the 3 rd trimester, I am still pretending this is only my second trimester.
#5 of 19 Old 07-14-2014, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here. Pregnant with number 4, due Sept 13.
juicypakwan likes this.
#6 of 19 Old 07-14-2014, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Lilitchka you really have a lot going on! Moving is so hard and renovations are life sucking (to me anyway). My dh has been doing our kitchen and just has the tile laid so it is highly dysfunctional hopefully it will all be done in the next two months. I hope you can find time to nap here and there.

#7 of 19 Old 07-15-2014, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
yes, it is busy, but we didn't move yet, and the renovations are in the new house. I get lots of help, so it is not too bad. I don't get to do naps, but I have decent nights. My co-sleeping 2 y.o. stopped nursing at night and just sleeps through the night without touching me. So it is crazy, but not too bad. If I do too much at work or home, I get contractions, so I have to stop and rest.
How do you survive without a kitchen? I guess the plan is to be done before baby is here?
#8 of 19 Old 07-15-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm here! I'm 31 weeks today and feeling surprisingly good! With my past 3 pregnancies, I remember feeling more hip and pelvic pain and just that "I feel like an 80-year-old man" feeling. The only discomfort I have now is heartburn, although the papaya enzymes I got seem to be helping with that. I just can't believe how fast the pregnancy is going!
#9 of 19 Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 PM

Also here, rarely post but do read the updates. 31 weeks and super tired. Little one is really active, I don't remember my first moving so much. I'm surprised that I don't always have a good appetite and get nauseous after eating even a small meal lately. It passes quickly, just wish I could fit in a nap more often. We are traveling stateside (I live in the
Caribbean) to have the baby so stressing a little about finalizing travel plans, expenses and transferring to a practice I'm unfamiliar with. I have only heard good things about them and the hospital where we will deliver, so I'm feeling good we made the right decision to have the baby there. Just a lot to finish and organize between now and then. : )
#10 of 19 Old 07-15-2014, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm like @Islandmomma , I read but don't post :-/ too busy with work and the fam! @callieollie - I was just telling someone the other day how my hips don't hurt like they did last time, which is so nice! They didn't hurt with my first (a girl), but with my son, I couldn't bear to turn over in bed because my hips hurt so bad! Now this time (another girl) they're fine...not sure if it's a gender thing, a diet thing, or just the luck of the draw, but I'll take it!
#11 of 19 Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 AM

I'm still here (although I barely ever post). I'm 32 weeks now. Feeling totally wiped out the last few days... we are moving right after the baby is born for my husband's new job, and I will be leaving my job so am scrambling to get things wound up in the next 8 weeks. Also stressing out about figuring out finances, health insurance, etc. with the move and job transfer (we will have to be on COBRA for at least one month and are worried it might be more--the premiums are really high without the employer contribution). I'm glad I will get to be a SAHM for a little while but I've been at my current job for 5 years and feel pretty sad about leaving my work and colleagues... Also will be moving pretty far from our families (who are really close right now) so that is unfortunate.

I feel pretty good physically but my hips and back are achy--especially at night; I move around a fair amount during the day which seems to help, but it's hard to get comfortable in bed.

Glad to see so many people still here, it is great reading your posts and hearing what other mamas are experiencing.
#12 of 19 Old 07-16-2014, 04:59 AM

I am still here, just don't respond to most posts. I am 32 weeks with my third baby. This has been my easiest pregnancy so far, surprisingly. My back and hip pain has been minimal, I can sleep all night, I get to take naps occasionally and I still feel as active as I was before pregnancy. My baby boy will be 3 tomorrow and he is still nursing right before bed, but even that hasn't been that bad. This will be my second round of tandem nursing and even though it's challenging, I want to give my second child what my first one had when her baby brother was born. I have been nursing for 5.5 years without a break and it hasn't always been easy, but I'm glad I get to just keep on going for another 3 years, most likely.
This is probably going to be my last pregnancy and I'm trying to just keep a positive attitude about everything. This will be my third home birth and I'm really hoping and preparing for another peaceful water birth. As much as I want to meet the baby, I am just happy to be pregnant one more time since we didn't plan to have more than 2. So if he or she wants to stay in there until 40 weeks or so, that's fine, but I am known for 37-38 weeks babies. I'm excited to see what happens.
#13 of 19 Old 07-18-2014, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Still here! 33 + 4 weeks

Just got back from a long family vacation back "home". It was draining to the say the least AND we did an 1100KM drive home in one day with a few bumps and it really really took a toll on my body.

Since getting home I've had extreme pelvic pain towards the end of the day and at night. I'm going to have to find my support belt of sorts. Never really had this much pain before. But it feels like my pelvis is breaking in half! I'm fine sitting or laying down. Standing I'm ok as long as I don't bend at all and walking too much really aggravates it.

Also while shopping lately I get really sweaty and almost panic-attacky without feeling like I'm having a panic attack. But I start to sweat profusely and then start feeling really really faint! I have to sit down all the time and if there's any "standing around"/decision making/waiting (instead of constantly moving) that's when I find it's the worst!

Going to start painting the baby's room tomorrow. We bought paint today but DH pretty much read me the riot act as he's seen how much discomfort I've been in lately and I'm the only one who can paint. So he told me he doesn't care if it takes me two weeks... I'd better not push myself too much.

I gained 5lbs on vacation, amazingly fantastic GF eating out options + water retention from the heat, and now that we're back home and it's cooled down my weight is back down... I'm ok with it, but the nurse was really really happy when she'd weighed me and I had *finally* gained something. Still at a net zero gain/loss...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#14 of 19 Old 07-19-2014, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Also while shopping lately I get really sweaty and almost panic-attacky without feeling like I'm having a panic attack. But I start to sweat profusely and then start feeling really really faint! I have to sit down all the time and if there's any "standing around"/decision making/waiting (instead of constantly moving) that's when I find it's the worst!
I have done the same thing. I don't get sweaty but really hot and flushed and can not stand still. I keep telling my kids the stores feel really warm but I don't think they agree.
#15 of 19 Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 AM

Hi all - I'm here. 31 weeksish. It's my first pregnancy and I'm enjoying and embracing this special time in my life - at the same time, my BF and very much look forward to meeting Lily Mae.

I just read that babies gain about half their birthweight between now and birth. I keep wondering, how can I get bigger?! But I know I will...

I do have another online group I'm more active in, but I really like mothering.com and am glad to have this resource too. I will try to check in more often :-)
#16 of 19 Old 07-21-2014, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

I just got my first "you're still pregnant!" yesterday at church. It was strange I am only 7 months. I guess some people really limited understanding about pregnancy.

I am glad to see so many of us still here.

#17 of 19 Old 07-21-2014, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I feel like asking myself that question!!!!

I went out shopping today and felt HUGE! I can't even do a big grocery shop any more with out DH there to help...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#18 of 19 Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 AM

Also feeling big and unwieldy... I was crouched down getting something out of a low cabinet the other day, lost my balance and fell on my bum. I was not in the least hurt but my husband had to help me off the floor. We also went shopping for a new futon and he had to help me up every time I tried one out... And I get tired so easily. I really need to work right up until the birth but I'm not totally sure how I'm going to do it!

delighted, I often send my husband out to do all the shopping by himself :-) He doesn't mind though as it gives him a chance to pick up a beer.
delightedbutterfly likes this.
#19 of 19 Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 AM

I am still here too. Almost 32 weeks with my first baby. Some days are good, some days are bad. I feel like today will be good, though. Woke up without any soreness or anything. Yesterday, I felt like lead and slept most of the day. It goes like that. It is really, really hot here, so I am pretty much indoors all of the time...kinda bored. I feel, for the most part, like I have had an easy pregnancy. No complications, I am really healthy. I have gained 40 lbs, but my doctor doesn't seem concerned and I don't eat tons of junk, so I am not worried either (or trying not to be worried LOL). Feeling less hungry lately anyways since the heartburn has really cranked up!
We are having our kitchen refaced this week, so just figuring out how to manage without, but only for a few days. And SO excited about a new kitchen!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page