Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By delicate_sunshine

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2014, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
funky skin..

Hey ladies, I am 32 weeks pregnant with baby number 4. I am developing some kind of odd ecxema on my feet and hands and not sure what to do. We have had a tremendously stressful 3 months, just moved to the states after 4 years in Japan, and I am wondering if stress has triggered this. I don't want to take a steroid, or anything thay can harm baby. Wanted to see of there were any good ideas out there. Medical care here in our new home is spotty and unless I want antibiotics, I am better off doing this alone...
#2 of 4 Old 07-13-2014, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have a condition called dyshidtrotic eczema on my hands and feet and the key for me is moisture moisture moisture. I use mainly oils like Olive or Coconut and avoid commercial lotions and anything with tea tree oil it seems to aggravate the breakouts severely. I hope that help at all eczema an be pretty painful that is for sure.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#3 of 4 Old 07-14-2014, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear I'm not trying to be alarmist here, but I have a friend who has gotten ICP with her last two pregnancies and one of the only sypmtoms is itchy hands and feet. It's worth checking out if you think it might be what you've got. And if not - wonderful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrahe...s_of_pregnancy
fruitfulmomma likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 07-14-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Your right that would be a good thing to get checked or ruled out before anything else. Mejosu have you found a midwife or doc you could run it by?

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page