Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naturemama23

#1 of 5 Old 07-30-2014, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
August chat thread

Hi, it's now only 1 day until august, so i though, hey, why not start a thread. feel free to comment tonight and tomorrow if you want, even though it's not yet August.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), 9 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#2 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I cannot believe it is August (almost)! We are so close! Almost 34wks here and doing well. I am finally feeling a little better which usually happens for me at the end. The kids are getting so excited my 10yo is so very into this pregnancy she listens to the baby with the fetascope and helped organize the birth supplies. I got a fun 10min 3d ultrasound and got some neat face pictures. I will try and post one.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#3 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Trying to attach picture we'll see if it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KINDLE_CAMERA_1404511382000.jpg (251.7 KB, 11 views)

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#4 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
very cute Juicy!

We got a 3D done as well and our little one is super pouty and she hates US or Doppler so tried to hide the whole time...

I'm at the stage where all I can think about is baby!!! But I'm also super scatterbrained. I can't focus on ANYTHING! I somehow managed to get all the major "must do's" taken care of today.

I still have to do some other stuff but they aren't going to be as stressful (although they maybe should be)...

-We still have to purchase a few things but we have everything we need and more for baby to come so those aren't needed NOW.
-I need to price out new tires. We're running our full size spare at the moment because we busted a tire coming home from vacation. We needed new ones anyways... We just now need them sooner than later. So once I price them out, then we can get them.
-I need to make a plan to have a small birthday party for DD1. Her birthday is at the end of Aug, the day before DH has dental surgery... So I should plan something for BEFORE then.
-DH will have his wisdom teeth removed at the end of Aug^ and they are impacted pretty badly so he'll have to go under full anesthesia. We luckily do have dental coverage but we'll still have to pay a small but decent amount out of pocket
-DD2 has to have a couple (maybe more) baby teeth removed Mid Aug because they won't come out and her adult teeth are in. However we (dentist and I) have decided that sedation is probably the best way to go to get it done. She doesn't like new things and we don't want her to dislike the dentist moving forward.
-And we just had some flooring replaced (at least I hope they did it, was supposed to be done a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard anything!) in our rental house.

So I feel like we're bleeding money a bit with new floors, tires and dental stuff and we have some baby expenses still planned. We should have enough in savings, but I hate seeing those depleted. DH hadn't been working very much as summers are usually slow. But he's got a new long term job starting the middle of next week which will be a great savings account booster. As well, it will give him more flexibility to book time off for baby (we have money to cover that time off in his vacation account )

Have a Dr's appt tomorrow. Pretty sure it'll be the GBS swab and I'm not looking forward to that. Please cross your fingers for me that it comes back negative. Otherwise I have some choices to make as I'm allergic to penicillin.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicypakwan View Post
Trying to attach picture we'll see if it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post
very cute Juicy!

We got a 3D done as well and our little one is super pouty and she hates US or Doppler so tried to hide the whole time...

I'm at the stage where all I can think about is baby!!! But I'm also super scatterbrained. I can't focus on ANYTHING! I somehow managed to get all the major "must do's" taken care of today.

I still have to do some other stuff but they aren't going to be as stressful (although they maybe should be)...

-We still have to purchase a few things but we have everything we need and more for baby to come so those aren't needed NOW.
-I need to price out new tires. We're running our full size spare at the moment because we busted a tire coming home from vacation. We needed new ones anyways... We just now need them sooner than later. So once I price them out, then we can get them.
-I need to make a plan to have a small birthday party for DD1. Her birthday is at the end of Aug, the day before DH has dental surgery... So I should plan something for BEFORE then.
-DH will have his wisdom teeth removed at the end of Aug^ and they are impacted pretty badly so he'll have to go under full anesthesia. We luckily do have dental coverage but we'll still have to pay a small but decent amount out of pocket
-DD2 has to have a couple (maybe more) baby teeth removed Mid Aug because they won't come out and her adult teeth are in. However we (dentist and I) have decided that sedation is probably the best way to go to get it done. She doesn't like new things and we don't want her to dislike the dentist moving forward.
-And we just had some flooring replaced (at least I hope they did it, was supposed to be done a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard anything!) in our rental house.

So I feel like we're bleeding money a bit with new floors, tires and dental stuff and we have some baby expenses still planned. We should have enough in savings, but I hate seeing those depleted. DH hadn't been working very much as summers are usually slow. But he's got a new long term job starting the middle of next week which will be a great savings account booster. As well, it will give him more flexibility to book time off for baby (we have money to cover that time off in his vacation account )
Juicy: soooo cute! we got one to, but i can't post, for some reason DH wanted to keep in in the family. *pout*

Delighted: sounds like your family is going through a rough spot- hope all is well, and gets better. also, at the ultrasound, we saw that our baby was pouting too... until she "saw" DD (she came too, for the first time) then she gave the biggest smile the doctor had ever seen on a fetus. sister love!
delightedbutterfly likes this.

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), 9 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page