Are you doing anything for the last 6wks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-05-2014, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Are you doing anything for the last 6wks?

I have done the 6 wks formula RR tea and also EPO with previous pregnancies not really sure if I want to this time. I was reading about eating 6 dates a day for the last bit and might want to give it a try.

Anyone trying anything like that want to share the what and why of it? Maybe it will inspire me to try them again.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 08-05-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm eating three medjool dates per day. I can't stomach six. Also, I'm taking EPO and Gentle Birth formula.
#3 of 17 Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

I am curious to see how long I will be able to stomach them as well I don't particularly like them that much either. I guess I could start EPO orally wouldn't be too bad. Where do you get Gentle Birth formula. All the 6wks ones I've tried give me too many Braxton hicks. How have you found this one to be?

#4 of 17 Old 08-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thought about EPO... Also thinking about getting back on the Probiotics. A lot will hinge on my GBS swab results. I'm just hoping they are negative...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#5 of 17 Old 08-06-2014, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I want to get started again with the red raspberry leaf tea.I tend to hemorrhage after giving birth, so I'm taking iron supplements and am trying to have a green smoothie a day for the Vitamin K which helps blood to clot.

How do medjool dates help? Just curious, as that's something I've never heard of eating toward the end of pregnancy. :-)
#6 of 17 Old 08-07-2014, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
can I eat normal dates?
#7 of 17 Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

The study done was using mejool dates not sure if that truly matters or not however I am using mejool. I'll try and find the study and link it.

#8 of 17 Old 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes I am

I am pregnant with baby#3 and with #1 I was exactly on time...#2 I was 2 weeks past due date and so I will be going out earlier on maternity leave (at 37 weeks) giving me time to focus on the birth and final weeks of pregnancy. Plus EPO some accupressure and acupuncture too as the date gets closer!
#9 of 17 Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am cutting up 2 dates each morning and putting them in my oatmeal.

I am half heatedly doing hibiclens. I might quit until if/when I get a positive GBS test then resume as needed.

I keep meaning to pick up a probiotic.

Don't know if this counts, but I failed my glucose test and am eating zero sugar.
#10 of 17 Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Me? I'm dying. I put on toooooo much weight, can't get out of my own way, and I live int he desert. It's brutal. Please remind me what the EPO and dates are for? I'm going to start the RRL tea again, and the probiotics... my baby brain makes me forget most of my supps ;-( I'm nesting, as much as i can anyway, and watching netflix... finishing the amazon order so i have all the rest of my baby supplies and hb-ing supplies... have the organic mattress and gently used car seat (thank you craigslist) just need the crib to start the side car stuff...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#11 of 17 Old 08-09-2014, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Nothing pregnancy-related. I am doing my Hypnobabies program so I will continue that until the baby is born but otherwise, nothing else. I'm just trying to get things in order - clean the house, get the kids ready for school, birth supplies, finish up some photo albums, etc. My "To do" list is slowly getting smaller so I'm feeling a little better about things.
#12 of 17 Old 08-10-2014, 05:55 AM

I looked up dates during pregnancy and this article inspires me to give it a try:http://thepeacefulbirthproject.org/2...um-hemorrhage/

I tend to hemorrhage badly. I figure that consuming dates can't hurt and might help. I've also started red raspberry leaf tea and supplements to strengthen my uterus. I'm taking iron supplements and will start to take alfalfa supplements soon.

Last edited by PoetryLover; 08-11-2014 at 08:41 AM.
#13 of 17 Old 08-11-2014, 12:35 AM

Thanks for the info on dates! I'd never heard of that, but it's worth a try now I'm wondering how many dates are in a Larabar...
#14 of 17 Old 08-11-2014, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
4 weeks left and drinking red raspberry leaf tea. Wanted to eat 7 dates a day BUT the ones in my area look so yuck, semi rotten. Also wanted to start sitting on yoga ball BUT local sports store is sold out

Not getting the GBS test done but wanted to consum garlic gloves as a precaution. Any tips on that?

Last edited by TweedleZee; 08-12-2014 at 06:59 AM.
#15 of 17 Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleZee View Post
4 weeks left and drinking red raspberry leaf tea. Wanted to eat 7 dates a day BUT the ones in my area look so yuck, semi rotten. Also wanted to start sitting on yoga ball BUT local sports store is sold out

Not getting the GBS test done but wanted to consum garlic gloves as a precaution. Any tips on that?
I got my ball at target! under 20$ I think! My midwife says LOTS of vit C and probiotics for GB and H2O2 rinses. As far as garlic, you could try that aged garlic supplement liquid (the name escapes me right now) but it's a liquid you could probably put into gel caps. I use it for my parrots if I suspect something, works great!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#16 of 17 Old 08-12-2014, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
For the last 6+ weeks, I've gone back to the gymn. Had to take a 2-3 month hiatus due to colds, stomach bugs, etc. I feel much better now. The eliptical trainer is my friend. We climb mountains and do sprints together (for 10-20 minutes, depending on how wimpy or tired I feel that day). Then I get some good stretching and work on my upper body push ups. I feel much better afterwards, and it's helped my appetite and tiredness decrease and my preference for healthy foods (veggies) increase. Birth is an athletic activity, so I figure any attempt to increase my endurance is better than nothing. Compared to my workout when I'm not pregnant, I'm pretty pitiful, but I think for 7 months pregnant I'm doing pretty good.
#17 of 17 Old 08-13-2014, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellebluetoo View Post
I got my ball at target! under 20$ I think! My midwife says LOTS of vit C and probiotics for GB and H2O2 rinses. As far as garlic, you could try that aged garlic supplement liquid (the name escapes me right now) but it's a liquid you could probably put into gel caps. I use it for my parrots if I suspect something, works great!

Thanks gal but im living abroad in a somewhat rural area so no target here H202 rinses also cant be done as its not sold in this country lol. Garlic & probiotics is all I can work with! Thanks again

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page