tight sore belly? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2014, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
tight sore belly?

I was wondering how everybody's bellies are feeling? Mine had been feeling good, not too tight, not too sore, not a lot of BH contraction, until a couple days ago. I was stacking wood this weekend, a somewhat normal activity for me, as well as working in the garden, but overall a little more bending over and lifting than usual and now I feel that my lower belly is a little...kinda sore, kinda tight. Nothing painful, but I'm wondering if I should lay off the outdoor work or if these feelings are normal. So far I am comparably smaller (looking) than other women at 36 weeks. My belly button has not disappeared yet and I don't have any stretch marks. What seems to be normal at this point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started feeling increased pressure and soreness in my lower belly and pelvis the last three or four weeks. I've attributed it to the baby moving farther down/"dropping"... At my appointment at 33 weeks (before I started feeling this soreness) the doctor said she wasn't as far down as he'd like, whereas when I was checked at 36 weeks she was nice and low. The doctor also suggested part of the soreness was just the bones of my pelvis moving apart. Unlike you, though, I'm measuring big... no stretch marks but my belly button has inverted... now 37 weeks.

I also had an episode of strong cramping in my lower belly last week; at first I was worried it might be early labor but when I took a bath it went away...
Old 08-19-2014, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that..that the baby may just be moving down and the pelvis stretching out. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorinneVT View Post
Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that..that the baby may just be moving down and the pelvis stretching out. Thanks!
I've been having this for a few weeks now, and it's actually less contraction-action for this late stage of pregnancy than I had for my last one-- I was having a few months of contractions before birth with that one.

I looked it up in Sears' Pregnancy Book a few days back, and I felt reassured-- the tightening in front (and sharp pains) is not labor but preparatory.

It's probably a great sign that your body knows exactly what it's doing

I blog at birthinukraine.wordpress.com and shepherdessmom.wordpress.com
Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oh good, it has been getting more steady when I stand and walk, but nothing painful. I'll have the midwife check things at our next appointment.

User Tag List