Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By delightedbutterfly

#1 of 9 Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
just venting a bit

I am losing my sanity these last few weeks. Whatever position baby is in makes it impossible to bend over AT ALL and am having Braxton hicks all the time due to baby's position.
My dh has been working on the kitchen forever which is driving me to the brink of sanity.
Trying to get organized for the coming school year (homeschool). Keeping any order or cleanliness in the house.... I feel so physically trapped and emotionally strung out! Adding to this we have an "illegal" midwife whom I love but it makes me feel vulnerable for some reason. I have always lived where midwives were accepted and normal so this is so strange to me. My dh works long hours and I crave his presence but he is so exhausted all the time and kids are driving me crazy. I am also starting to fear the pain of birth even though I've done it and know it will be okay. Oh woe is me.

There are good things though I am healthy, baby is healthy, kids are excited for baby, my birth space is prepared, my sis is coming soon. I know I will feel better when the baby comes. I just wish I could feel more at peace at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-20-2014, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Awwww I'm feeling a lot of the same way Juicy!

I need baby to stay in until at least next Mon. But she's sooooo low and it's hurting to walk around now. Feels like she's trying to escape whenever I walk.

And yes to DH. I want him with me 100% of the time, which is weird for me. Usually I want him at work Not in a bad way just in a "I like my independence and space way". But he works long days and during most of the year rarely has a day off at all. So he's been home on weekends a lot this summer and I get so sad Sunday night when he's getting ready to go back to work

We have no clue what's up or when are kids are going back to school. Our teachers are on strike and the government isn't budging. So it could be a couple months before they even go back. But if they do go back on time I haven't done any shopping because I usually just buy their supplies through the school and I'm hearing that I may have to buy for the oldest this year but of course there are no lists out.

And we have no car at the moment. It's been acting up and FINALLY went in for it's appointment today. But I feel so "stuck" at home. And there's just so much more.

I think it's normal for us to feel so out of sorts at the end. There's a BIG change coming and as such it's unsettling and therefore everything else is unsettling.

I live 3 blocks from the hospital and have everything we need for baby to come home. Plus I have some amazing friends around for support and DH is on a job that make it easy for him to take time off around this birth so I really have nothing to worry about. Everything will take care of itself in the end

I know and hope the same is true for you But do vent away, it does feel good to get it all out!
tracyamber likes this.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those are hard circumstances-- I hope you feel some relief soon

I blog at birthinukraine.wordpress.com and shepherdessmom.wordpress.com
#4 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Delightedbutterfly your post made my day thank you. I'm not happy you are having so much stress as well just that it's so nice to be understood. I feel like I've turned into the wicked witch of the west and my family probably agrees.

I hope you get your car back soon that is so hard and boo to the school issues how frustrating.
#5 of 9 Old 08-25-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pakwan, I sympathize in a lot of what you said, even though I am in a state where I don't have to worry about my midwife, but have often felt horrified at the infringements going on in some states that all but suspend a woman's civil rights once she's pregnant. If you're in one of those states, that really stinks, but I am glad you have a support system in place.
With you on the homeschooling thing too, only in my case I have basically hooked my littles up to Reading Eggs, my oldest up to REading Eggspress (online primary reading and advanced reading comprehension self-paced thing) and am planning on signing my older two up to a Minecraft homeschool class this coming week (super cheap, only ten bucks for 5 weeks) so that they can do stuff that will keep them moving forward and involved, without my needing to direct it, during the newborn period. They are also going to be doing a lot of helping, so will be excused from a lot of academic expectation in the interim...so I don't feel pressure about that.

Delighted and Pakwan, I went through being super clingy to DH this week, and needing him close, and feeling urgency about the things that need doing in our house, too.

When the kids do fight (usually the 6 yo son either fighting with his little brother, or his big sister...he's just difficult in all directions right now) it is a lot harder for me to deal with calmly right now.

37 weeks today, and having the WORST cramping and low back pain..had it the last few days lightly, but today takes the cake. Not sure what to expect!

ribbongreen.gif For Cricketschirping, with 3 homeschool.gif kids, , babygirl.gifribboncesarean.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif and planning another babyboy.gifhbac.gif

pos.gif5++++10++++15++++20+2ndtri.gif++25++++30++++35++++(++stork-boy.gif

#6 of 9 Old 08-26-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me too! Can I be complain-ey too? LOL. I feel like I'm in over my head with homeschooling this year, I'm not using a midwife, but rather a friend who is an apprentice and I'm so worried that if something goes wrong and we need to transfer I will either be treated like I've had no prenatal care or like I am going to put her license in jeopardy. I want DH around ALL THE TIME, but when he's here I feel like he's never doing the things I want him to do the way I want him to do it. I've turned into a screaming monster with my kids, even though they've actually been better than usual my hormones make me feel like they are terrible. Oh, and I've also been having contractions for about a month and a half now. I swear I've been having BH ctx every 5-10 minutes for weeks and I'm not due until the 13th. Oh, and my friend who is supposed to attend my birth is a firm maybe on that b/c her daughter is due at the same time as me and lives several states away and she's gone to stay with her for now and will be there until 2 weeks after the baby has been born. I knew this going into it, and agreed, but now that it's here I feel alone. Oh, and Saturday my key got stuck in our van, as in wouldn't turn forwards or backwards or come out or anything. It turns out it needs a new ignition and it's going to cost about $450 - because you know, we have that kind of money just laying around and disposable right when we're about to have our fourth baby.

I think I said "Oh, and..." about 12 times in there. Don't judge. I have serious pregnant brain, lol.
#7 of 9 Old 08-27-2014, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought I was the only one that was feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. My due date the 6th and our lease is up the 22nd and there is so much to do, I can barely wrap my mind around it. I have also been having the worse prelabor contractions with absolutely no dilation which is driving me crazy, and my midwife says that since I am vbacing to expect to go to 42 weeks since my body has never given birth before. I too miss hubby like crazy when he is away from home and actually start to panic a little when I think about him being away all day at work, because we only have one car and 1 year old twins and what if I need him or I actually (wishful thinking) go into labor? AAAHHHH hormones, they are driving me crazy. It feels good to know that I am not alone. Best of luck to all you ladies and I will be sprinkling some mental peace and relaxation dust amongst us all, so maybe, just maybe we will be able to chillax and enjoy these last couple weeks of preggerness
#8 of 9 Old 08-28-2014, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'll add a vent... Found out today that I'm GBS positive. I didn't have it with the other two, so I figured it would probably be negative. Now I'm doing all this research...

Part of me wants to get the antibiotics and avoid a fight at the hospital. But my last labor was under 3 hours, so I don't think I'll even have enough time to get the proper dose.

If I have any risk factors (fever, water breaks before labor, GBS in urine) I'll get the antibiotics. But otherwise... I really don't want to. My doctor was so not open to discussion, though. I really didn't want to fight during labor.
#9 of 9 Old 08-28-2014, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwinsmama View Post
I thought I was the only one that was feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. My due date the 6th and our lease is up the 22nd and there is so much to do, I can barely wrap my mind around it. I have also been having the worse prelabor contractions with absolutely no dilation which is driving me crazy, and my midwife says that since I am vbacing to expect to go to 42 weeks since my body has never given birth before.
that's a strange comment from your midwife. All first time moms never gave birth before, yet, only a small minority goes to 42 weeks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page