Pos HPT at 8dpo and progressing but AF date is looming. Advice and calming needed. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

My first BFP was at 8dpo and I've been testing each day and the line is getting progressively darker.  So that part is good. 

However, AF was technically supposed to show either today or tomorrow (CD 25/26) and that makes me nervous. 

I have had the gamut of early symptoms ranging from BBs to dizzyness, queasy/nausea, hot flashes, increased HR, fatigue, etc.

Yesterday my BBs were still full but tenderness pretty much stopped.   Nausea and exhaustion kicked it up a notch - eating is sparse and I ended up taking a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day (but was still SO ready for bed by 9). 

Checked my cervix and it was tucked way up high for the past few days, now it's lower and firmer with a respectable amount of slick, but slightly thicker than watery CM. 

I had a couple episodes of wiping with the faintest tinge of tan yesterday afternoon/evening.

I think most normal ppl would never have noticed it but I'm like a super inspector of all TP bc I have a mc is in my history (my only other pregnancy)!  There's no hint of color to that watery CM now though.

Then before going to bed, I had all these crazy cramping sensations - not severe but enough to notice.  It felt like AF, plus my lower back along the spine and the top ridge of my pelvic bone ached quite a bit.  Overnight I've even felt a few faint aches down the insides of my thighs.

So now I'm up with the nausea/insomnia combo at 3-4am.  No more cramping but abdomen is sensitive.  My back feels 98% normal.  Wondering if all those sensations were some kind of freaky gas pains or something?  I am having lots of symptoms and it's still so early (currently 3wk 4days) and also wonder if that has anything to do with it.  It's like going 0 to 60 in a few days instead of a few weeks (what it would be in most pregnancies that I read about).

Do any of you have experience with this type of thing? 

The paranoia is officially setting in.  I'm on high alert, feeling like AF is going to try to crash the party!

P.S.  My concern drove me to POAS when I got up at 3.  The line IS darker than yesterday's. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It all sounds great!  Cramping and other typical PMS symptoms are totally normal.  I had them all through my first trimester last time.  It's stressful, but no indication of a problem.  I would suggest you try to find something to keep you busy...even if it's just planning your registry.  It's the best way I know to get through this stage.

#3 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

mandmleona - thank you so much for the reply!  You are absolutely right - I have too much time on my hands to analyze things.  I think I'll feel a bit better once my DH comes home.  I got the BFP while he was gone!  He's been out of town on biz for 4 days (which is a long stretch - normally he's a 2 night out kinda guy).  However for 2/3 the month of December he has to go to his corporate HQ in the DC area.  Usually I go with him for part of it.  Maybe I'll tag along next week and go see what's new at the museums!  MUST. KEEP. BUSY.  idea.gif

#4 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 AM

HUGS!!!!

it's scary and intense and you can overanalyze.

i have a hive on my eye which often happens when my progesterone drops, so i panicked and thought 'oh no!  is my body trying to miscarry?' and then add that to my dr's panic and worry, and it's not fun.

where are you in Missouri?  my husband and his family are all in St. Louis so that's our other homebase.

:blowkiss

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#5 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 02:48 PM

I know it is hard to to investigate and check, but checking your cervix can cause spotting and tinged mucus.

#6 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 06:21 PM

I check the tp and my underwear every single time I pee, every cramp, I get worried, every symptom or non-symptom I get nervous. My chemical pregnancy in Sept. was positive positive then period the day it was due. With spotting before AF was due, which never happens, so I was a nervous wreck until my period was late and even then, I'm still super paranoid. I won't be comfortable until probably 20 weeks or so. Sorry you're worried, but really, there isn't much worrying can do, but make you feel bad! I know!

I have been recently reading about the anxiety that pregnancy after loss causes, and how medical professionals don't tend to be very comforting about those things, it was an interesting read. And the OB I just saw pretty much told me I made up my losses and she was wrong! Still so upsetting. Reach out to people and talk about things! :) It helps!

#7 of 7 Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 AM

Thank you for your contributions! Very interesting!

saboor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page