Mothering Forum banner

***The Bump Thread***

12K views 189 replies 40 participants last post by  Fembot 
#1 ·
:w

This is the thread for those BELLIES!!!

See less See more
#2 ·

I thought I'd start this off by posting me in Feb of this year, 4 days before giving birth to my 5th. So now, we'll start w/ the cute little bumps and work our way up to THIS! which means i need to take a pic of this non-belly belly soon!

#7 ·

9 weeks and ??? usually i have a very flat belly, but don't have pics to prove it.... so this is definitely much bigger belly for me. i never get a cute little pouch, i get bigger from my ribs down!

#8 ·
Oh, cute, flat-bellied mamas, you're so adorable (says one with some padding)! The one thing I get excited about is that being PG gives me a little bit of a butt (I'm usually lacking). I'm still hiding under a couple of layers most days (stillll not out at work). I'm very very very very short, so the space from hips to ribs is negligible (seriously, I have maybe 2" between hipbone & lowest rib) and pretty much by 8wks my guts have been rearranged upwards (hence my misery and the high-and-round look). This is 10wks.

#10 ·
I'm a short girl too. 4'10.75" yes the 3/4" is important
wink1.gif

I git crap to about being so small when I had my son. One of my midwives only has a couple inches on me and has 3 kids so I don't think she'll hassle me in that way.

But I, too, have the high belly thing going on now that my organs are shifting upwards. But I don't think I'm comfortable with belly shots as I'm a very plus sized girl. Size 20 pants. Um, yeah. I doubt I'll look pregnant until I'm like 6+ months.

#14 ·
^^^what she said!!!

i love mamas in all shapes and sizes. honestly, i didn't post in my last DDC for a while in pics b/c i thought i was too bloated and not pregnant looking. but once i started taking pics i suddenly saw how it really looked, and it made me less judgmental of my body. that said, i did start the thread w/ a full belly pic!! it's not about being a beautiful size or showing, but celebrating. i don't usually show til 22 weeks or so, then people make lots of really charming comments like 'how much have you gained? you're huge!' 'are you sure it's not twins?' 'you look like you're ready to pop.' 'man, i don't know how you're gonna go full term.' etc etc etc. thank God my husband stepped in last time and put his arm around me and said 'Doesn't she look awesome? She does this so well. Everyone is measuring right on track and just like she always does it- she's AMAZING!' dude. kept me from crying or other things.

do what makes you comfortable, but also know that the mamas here (even those of us w/ long torsos and normally flat abs) would love to support you in all aspects of this adventure we're in!!!

'

Reactions: fragolina
#16 ·

Hey gals I snapped this one of myself at the zoo bathroom today while my girls were going potty. I know it's not great but I wanted to play anyway. I may try to take a real pic later, but I likely won't so thought I'd post. I am 10 weeks and HUGE!! I'm normally a big girl (size 16) but I'm curvy, with my waist usually about 18 inches smaller than my boobs and butt, which are within an inch of each other (and big.
smile.gif
). But look how tiny my H cup looks with this first trimester belly! Goodness! Twins??!!

I also love that the mirror says "This person has power." I sure do! Watch me make a person before your very eyes
smile.gif
!!

#17 ·
Love the photos ladies! I think I look pregnant most of the time anyway, so I tend to wait until I can actually feel my fundus to take a belly shot.
smile.gif
. I'll get mine up here soon. 12 weeks on Thursday!!

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterThyme View Post

Love the photos ladies! I think I look pregnant most of the time anyway, so I tend to wait until I can actually feel my fundus to take a belly shot.
smile.gif
. I'll get mine up here soon. 12 weeks on Thursday!!
hehe- yup. i had the same standard. but my fundus is so high!!! in the morning the full bladder pushes it way up, but it's solidly the size of a lime/lemon and right above my pubic bone. 12 weeks approaching! whoah!

Reactions: fragolina
#19 ·
left is morning right is immediately after breakfast through bedtime. Bloat?!

8.5 weeks, 15cm My friend here has this crystal pendulum thing that she asks questions to (sounds weird, I know, but she uses it for asking about supplements and dosages typically). So, she asked it "is it a boy?" Crystal signaled yes. "Is it a girl?" Crystal signaled yes. "Is there one baby?" Crystal signaled yes. "Are there 2 babies?" Crystal signaled yes. "Are there 3 babies?" Crystal finally signaled no.

#20 ·
I have a pendulum but it's decidedly quiet right now.

I look like 6 months pregnant already because of the way my organs shifted plus bloat.

I'll eventually get a picture up
wink1.gif

You guys are all adorable.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyJo410 View Post

left is morning right is immediately after breakfast through bedtime. Bloat?!

8.5 weeks, 15cm My friend here has this crystal pendulum thing that she asks questions to (sounds weird, I know, but she uses it for asking about supplements and dosages typically). So, she asked it "is it a boy?" Crystal signaled yes. "Is it a girl?" Crystal signaled yes. "Is there one baby?" Crystal signaled yes. "Are there 2 babies?" Crystal signaled yes. "Are there 3 babies?" Crystal finally signaled no.
whoah- does your friend practice Reike?

i thought about taking that sort of a pic, my morning vs. evening. it's not right after breakfast for me, but i'm definitely pregnant looking in the evening while in the morning i can button my pants.....

#23 ·
I grow at least 2 pant sizes immediately after eating breakfast, oof!

My mother has the tendency to want to touch my belly whenever she sees me, and I politely remind her that she is just touching bloat and backed up poop at this point.

Also... Anybody here have a tipped uterus? I know that it corrects itself during pregnancy, but I'm wondering how soon and if it will have any effect on the arrival of my bump.

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannyL View Post

I grow at least 2 pant sizes immediately after eating breakfast, oof!

My mother has the tendency to want to touch my belly whenever she sees me, and I politely remind her that she is just touching bloat and backed up poop at this point.

Also... Anybody here have a tipped uterus? I know that it corrects itself during pregnancy, but I'm wondering how soon and if it will have any effect on the arrival of my bump.
Hi Hanny, I have a retroverted uterus too. I've got nothing but bloat here -- and it's that magical as-soon-as-you-eat bloat that is oh so pleasant. I'm curious to hear what experienced mamas have to say about estimated bump arrival, too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.