Mothering Forum banner

orgasm=induced labor?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fruitfulmomma 
#1 ·
Hello community...
Note: Sensitive topic
Can deep breathless orgasms from daily masturbation induce labor?
Sex with my beloved hasnt been easy and my libido is shockingly large these days, 3 weeks before Im due on August 25th with my first baby. masturbating with a g-spot stimulating dildo has been my medicine. im concerned that those orgasms will cause me to go into labor. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
Doubtful. Unless you are at risk for preterm labor I wouldn't worry about it. Most natural labor-inducing techniques will only work if you are on the verge anyway. (I have tried almost all of them.) They can give you that push over the edge but if you aren't otherwise ready they don't get you there.

Even pitocin is somewhat like this. I can't remember the name of it, but there is a scale that will tell you based on other signs whether or not an induction is likely to help and if you are on the lower end of the scale a c-section for failure to progress is more likely if you go ahead with the induction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.