Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   August 2014 Due Date Club (http://www.mothering.com/forum/17542-august-2014-due-date-club/)
-   -   Killian is here! (http://www.mothering.com/forum/17542-august-2014-due-date-club/1438426-killian-here.html)

Hollith 08-03-2014 09:14 AM

Killian is here!

1 Attachment(s)
You may have remembered me under the name Babina's Mommy when I joined this DDC...somehow that account went *poof* and I can't seem to log in, so a few months ago I think I had a frantic pregnancy question and made this new account. My due date was today, but he was delivered C-section last Monday.

He is really cute and sweet, I'm so in love.

I had a birth that nightmares are made of though. My spinal didn't really take too well and I felt most of the surgery and was screaming until they sedated me. I don't remember seeing the baby for the first time. The pulling and tugging and pushing during the surgery was very painful and I am bruised along my abdomen. They had to cut through the placenta. I lost a lot of blood and they were almost going to give me a transfusion and I became very anemic. I felt too weak to even hold the baby at times. It was all very stressful. My other two C-sections were not like this at all, they were very easy. Baby number 3, second section, it was so routine it was almost boring. This time, I feel grateful to even be alive.

I can't believe this is my last baby, I need to soak him in all I can.

oneserenityone 08-03-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollith (Post 17884842)
You may have remembered me under the name Babina's Mommy when I joined this DDC...somehow that account went *poof* and I can't seem to log in, so a few months ago I think I had a frantic pregnancy question and made this new account. My due date was today, but he was delivered C-section last Monday.

He is really cute and sweet, I'm so in love.

I had a birth that nightmares are made of though. My spinal didn't really take too well and I felt most of the surgery and was screaming until they sedated me. I don't remember seeing the baby for the first time. The pulling and tugging and pushing during the surgery was very painful and I am bruised along my abdomen. They had to cut through the placenta. I lost a lot of blood and they were almost going to give me a transfusion and I became very anemic. I felt too weak to even hold the baby at times. It was all very stressful. My other two C-sections were not like this at all, they were very easy. Baby number 3, second section, it was so routine it was almost boring. This time, I feel grateful to even be alive.

I can't believe this is my last baby, I need to soak him in all I can.

Congrats! Love that sweet smile!!!

I'm sorry to hear that the birth went the way it did though, glad you both came through it!!

Fembot 08-04-2014 10:35 AM

Congratulations on your sweet baby. Sorry to hear your birth was so unpleasant, but I'm sure your little one will make up for it!

OtherSoul 08-09-2014 09:34 AM

Wow that is a cute baby!! Congrats and hope the healing is swift.