Mothering Forum banner

Anyone overdue?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  CorinneVT 
#1 ·
Today I'm 15 days over.

Yes, that's FIFTEEN. Baby's posterior, and my back is killing me. I'm used to going over--I planned on it, but this is getting ridiculous. No signs of imminent labor, though I am dilated to a 4.

I've planned for so long that tomorrow, the 22nd will be the day, but now I'm seriously doubting that intuition. What if yet another day passes and more people talk to me and say awesome things like,

"You're still pregnant!" and "haven't you had that baby yet?"

I might hafta hit someone.

Someone please give me some words of encouragement.

#2 ·
:Hug

Not this time, but I've had a few 44 weekers, but I have long cycles so I don't think they were really that far along but it is still discouraging and especially when everyone is in your face asking why the baby isn't here yet, is there something wrong, why doesn't your hcp do something, etc... It was helpful for to get my husband to field calls so I didn't have to deal with people directly.

#3 ·
Only one day overdue right now, but still feeling it!! Can't imagine 15 days or 4 weeks...good vibes to both of you mamas!

Becca, have you tried the inversions on www.spinningbabies.com to help a posterior baby turn around? I've been doing those and she at least turned sideways, which is SO much nicer. ;)

I completely know what you mean with people making unsolicited comments.

"Jeez, you're STILL pregnant?"
"She hasn't come YET?"
"Holy ----, you look like you're ready to pop!"
I just grit my teeth and smile, and tell people that if she was as ready as I am, she'd have been here last week.

DH told someone that we had a false alarm and were in the birth center all night, I was dilated to 4cm but then stalled out. He said "Wow, 4cm? Shouldn't she be in the hospital or something?" Yeah, that's exactly why I'm NOT going to the hospital...don't want to be induced and/or cut open if I can help it!! I'll wait, thanks.

Saw my acupuncturist friend today, hopefully that will get things moving along. I was so convinced she'd come early, that it feels like I'm already a week late. Trying to find peace with waiting until she's ready...and remembering I won't be pregnant much longer, it will happen soon!!

#5 ·
Oh man, I went 8 days over this time with a posterior baby and felt like THAT was torture... 15 surely would have made me insane.

I hate to say hang in there, because I know that's not helpful, but chin up Mama, you'll have that sweet babe soon. If it's any consolation at all mine pooped on EVERYTHING she touched today in a wave of extremely impressive diaper explosions, so at least you're being spared a few extra days of that ;)

#7 ·
If it's any consolation at all mine pooped on EVERYTHING she touched today in a wave of extremely impressive diaper explosions, so at least you're being spared a few extra days of that ;)
LOL!! I actually had a very vivid dream about that same thing last night! Think my subconscious is reminding me of what I'm in for...

Becca and Fruitfulmomma - I saw my acupuncturist yesterday & again today, and ran into a lady who is a prenatal yoga instructor. She said she's had ladies go into labor after doing deep squats in class. I'm trying that first thing in the morning if nothing happens tonight! ;)

Reactions: fruitfulmomma
#8 ·
Went in for a non stress test today, since I'm 16 days over. Baby super healthy, placenta great. But in addition to posterior, his head is flexed--so brow presentation. No good. No wonder he's so high and nothing can get started.

So midwife is coming over in the morning to internally flex the head and rotate. Like a whole fist worth of midwife. Ouch. But it will most likely trigger labor, so hopefully tomorrow's the day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.