Mothering Forum banner

Welcome! Come introduce yourself!

2K views 142 replies 82 participants last post by  gafan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! So glad we're starting this DDC together! I thought I'd get the ball rolling with an introductory thread where we can start getting to know each other.

I found Mothering when my daughter was born in 2012. I participated in the wonderful August 2012 DDC and I've been active ever since. Now I'm due July 15 with my second child and I hope to have the same relatively intervention-free pregnancy and labor/birth I had with my daughter.

I'll post more about myself later, but I'm supposed to be working so I'll leave it there for now. Welcome to everyone and congratulations!

#127 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

Sayer, we nurse and cosleep as well
smile.gif
My son turned two in August. I wanted to say, you might talk to your midwives (or doctor) about applying a lot of counter pressure while the baby is crowning. It helps so much to avoid tears. I had a water birth with my son (well, both of mine) and he was over 10 lbs, his head was in the 90th percentile (so not quite as big) and he didn't tuck his head. I had two midwives with their hands down there helping apply the counter pressure. I was really surprised not to tear, but I think that was the difference. I know there sometimes isn't any way to avoid it, so I hope that doesn't come off wrong.
Gosh, my dd was 6lb15oz and I tore from yoni to anus (superficial, no muscle involvement, thank goodness). My MW had been applying counter pressure until after her head was out and I stopped having contractions. Both MW's started stimulating my belly and nipples to get another contraction going because she was in that position for too long...I had a tiny,measly contx, pushed like gangbusters, and they yanked her out. I guess they were nervous. Then to top it all off, I leaped out of bed a few days later due to an emergency, and tore all my stitches out. There was no restitching at that point and it healed kind of funny. I am so nervous to tear again like that.

#130 ·
Hello all! I'm just joining because I was previously in the August DDC. This is my 4th baby. I have a 3yo girl, 2yo boy, and a 1yo girl. My 1yo just weaned herself when I got pregnant (first symptom for us!) and I wasn't sure what my EDD would be since I had only had 1 period and it had been a few months since. Yesterday was my first appointment with my midwife and we've narrowed it down to a July 23rd-24th EDD.
For my first, I had a healthy hospital birth, epidural, Pitocin, and came very close to a C-section, but delivered vaginally 26 hours after my water broke. I was right around 40 weeks.
For my second, I had a healthy hospital birth at 37 weeks. It was another labor that started with my water breaking, but only lasted about 6-7 hours. Natural except I had Pitocin after the birth to slow my bleeding. (As a precaution, though.)
For my third, I had a healthy hospital birth at 38 weeks. She was posterior and took a long time to descend. I ended up going on Pitocin for the last three hours of labor due to "stalled labor," my contractions would completely stop if I did anything but stand or sit totally upright/leaning foreward. That labor lasted about 18 hours total.

My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 years, we were high school sweethearts. :)

#132 ·
Congrats everyone! My name is Sara and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. My EDD is July 30th so I could be looking at August, but I will stick with July for now! I've been lurking for a little bit and thought I would finally jump in. :) This is my 4th pregnancy but will hopefully be my third little one. My daughter, Sophia, is 6, and my son, Tristan, will be 5 next month. My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage so I while I feel very excited, I am way more nervous than I would like to be. I am trying to keep my cool though. My son and daughter are super stoked at the idea of a new baby and it's wonderful to see all of this through their eyes.

Okay that is enough rambling for me. I hope everyone is feeling well!

#135 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 29 and expecting my first baby on July 8th.

Although I'd love a homebirth, I live in Brazil and will probably have to look at other options. Not sure if you know, but Brazil has one of the world's highest cesaerean rates (up to 90% in private hospitals!) and "natural birth" usually means induction and epidurial. Looks like I'm in for an uphill struggle. I'd love to hear from other ladies who have had pleasant, calm hospital births and how they managed to work around/with the staff!

In the meantime lets enjoy this part of our pregnancy :) I've finally got my energy and stomach back - how is everyone else doing

#136 ·
I am a little late joining the group...

But this is my 1st pregnancy. My husband and I got married in August of 2013. Moved and started a new job at that time.

We are due July 3. We are so excited. I am an RN at the local hospital. I will be delivering there. I have found an OB practice which I like, and they deliver at my hospital. I know many in this group are more natural, I fall a little in the middle. I firmly believe in most western medicine, but my husband is totally natural. Interesting compromise. I am not looking forward to labor as the women in my family have a crummy history there... But I am told this bundle of joy will be worth it...

#140 ·
Definitely farther north than I ever made it--I'd love to go back someday and see more of the country (I was going to say 'the rest' but that's never going to happen). My wife's ex-boyfriend is currently also in Minas Gerais, but he's in Vicosa, so still really far from you. I'd love to hear how you ended up there!

#141 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Leanne

This is my second pregnancy with an EDD of 6/29, but hubby and I have a feeling it's more like mid-July (we don't remember coitus anytime during the anticipated ovulation time frame - definitely a few weeks after
:blush
, plus it was my first menstrual cycle postpartum with my first).

I am a SAHM with a DD (9/2011). We homebirth, hypno-birth, placenta encapsulate, breastfeed, bed share, cloth diaper/EC, babywear, and just do what feels right. Love the outdoors, the desert, gardening, paleo cooking, and our two hound dogs.

Looking forward to sharing stories and chatting with other moms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.