Bead Exchange - Sign Up By May 1st! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#31 of 92 Old 05-02-2014, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

What about sending 2 beads to each so that we could do something symmetrical if we wanted? Or just to have more beads on the necklace. I am surprised about lack of participation too...maybe folks don't want their personal info getting shared with anyone. 

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#32 of 92 Old 05-02-2014, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I was also going to suggest doing two beads. I think that's a great idea if the others don't mind. We could also include notes or birth mantras or something on paper probably, if it didn't make too much work for Cal.

I'm surprised more people didn't want to participate as well. Maybe people just aren't visiting the DDC as much? Seems like there's usually 20+ in most DDC's. I don't mind, though! It will be neat, and doing two beads would make for nice symmetrical necklaces.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#33 of 92 Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I'm fine with whatever everyone wants to do! Or if we want to "draw names" or something, either "secret" or not, matched or round-robin style, and instead of sending 7/8 birth mantras or what-have-you, you just send something personal for your partner. Don't worry about me - whatever it is, I'll make it work. Just don't send me anything huge. ;)

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#34 of 92 Old 05-02-2014, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I love the idea of 2 beads for symmetry!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#35 of 92 Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

2 beads would be very cool! 

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#36 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't see my username in the participating members. Did I miss the right place to sign up?

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
#37 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 11:33 AM

Ah, I didn't notice caledvwich's link. I assume it's too late now?

#38 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

I hadn't updated the participating members list - I would think we could probably still squeeze you in. Would that work for everyone?

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#39 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM

If it's too late due to people already buying beads, I completely understand.

#40 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I know I haven't purchased mine yet. We can wait and see what others say :)

#41 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 02:57 PM

I'm fine with it - I haven't bought my beads yet and have actually been waiting to see general consensus before PMing my address and the "official WHAT YOU NEED TO SEND FOR THIS SWAP" list. I won't be able to put the packages together until I return in early June so we have time, I think. Hoping to go bead shopping with sortanerdy if she's around when I'm visiting.

I'll reopen the signup link for sweetestday only (sorry, anybody who belatedly sees this and wants to join). So, that would bump the total to 9 participating (18 beads if we do two beads apiece).

Is that okay? Did we want to send anything else, or leave that to personal judgment (with the agreement that there are 9 people total)?

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#42 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

I think 18 sounds perfect! Thank you so much, Caledvwlch :)

#43 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 06:54 PM

I haven't bought beads yet, so I'm happy for another person to join! I'll plan to buy 18 beads. We have some cute local bead shops I'll hopefully get a chance to browse this weekend.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#44 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Sounds good.

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#45 of 92 Old 05-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Thanks so much. smile.gif I love the necklace from my last birth, and was hoping to participate again.

#46 of 92 Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 PM

Another idea, if there's any special meaning to the bead, or reason it was chosen, it'd be cool to include a little note describing its significance. I went bead shopping today, and while at first glance the beads I chose aren't particularly interesting to look at, they have a great meaning that I think is perfect! 

#47 of 92 Old 05-11-2014, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

Another idea, if there's any special meaning to the bead, or reason it was chosen, it'd be cool to include a little note describing its significance. I went bead shopping today, and while at first glance the beads I chose aren't particularly interesting to look at, they have a great meaning that I think is perfect! 

Yes! I definitely think we should do this if there is a reason or story behind it. I'm excited to see what you picked :)

#48 of 92 Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 PM

Sounds great!

I'll try to get the PMs out over the next day or so. If you want to hang onto them until after Memorial Day, that would be great, but I'll have my husband keep an eye out for anything in the mailbox until I return.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#49 of 92 Old 05-13-2014, 12:00 PM

PMs are out!

18 beads (2 per person, 9 people participating) and $4 sent to the address within the PM. Send-by date is 2 June (a Monday). I'll update if I'm missing any beads past that point, with the obvious knowledge that anything mailed close to 2 June is likely still in transit. You should receive your beads quickly, and I will put Delivery Confirmation/tracking on each package so there isn't a question of "What happened to my beads? Where did they go?!" It's at your discretion if you want to use tracking/DC to send them to me.

Let me know if you run into any snags.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#50 of 92 Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 PM

Hi!

Just a reminder that your beads should be on the way to me by now, if they haven't arrived yet. I need to pull up the document and cross-check the names I've gotten with the address labels, and I haven't yet checked my mail today - so I might have some beads in there.

My computer had some problems over my recent travels and I haven't been able to use it or log in here, but I returned home last night and my husband was able to fix it this morning. (Monitor cable was loose, ugh - thanks, TSA, for going through the bag containing my laptop!) I'll keep you posted as to when the beads are sent - I've separated what I've received so far and I'm about to address the envelopes so that I can just put the baggies in the envelopes and send them out when everything is here.

Thank you so much for your patience!
#51 of 92 Old 06-03-2014, 05:51 PM

You are doing great, no worries. Have mine arrived yet? I sent them a few days ago, so if they haven't, I am sure they will be to you soon.

I forgot to mention in my note, but would like to let everyone know, that sodalite is the gemstone for the throat chakra for outward truth and saying what you need and mean, and the third eye, for going inward and inner truth and wisdom...and I also was drawn to the beads for their shape being round (like us) and their ocean-like appearance (the ocean waves being very tied to birth surges). It took me a while to find just the right stones to send to all you beautiful ladies. So, hence them getting in the mail just last week.
#52 of 92 Old 06-04-2014, 02:33 PM

Yes! Yours are here. :) I was actually going to type up the explanation you gave in your note and include it in the bags. I have redrockband's, yours, LiLStar's, and someone else's beads from Etsy (yellow ovals?). I THINK that's all I've gotten so far, but don't quote me. I'm waiting for the others and mine as well.
#53 of 92 Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 PM

Just a quick note to those of you who have not yet gotten your beads in...I am really imagining that I may go a couple of weeks early...that's in 2 weeks. Caledvwlch still has to send them and we still have to make them. EEK:eek:I so want to birth in my necklace!
#54 of 92 Old 06-05-2014, 08:11 AM

I just got a package of beads last night.

I'm going to PM anyone whose beads I do not have in hand - I'm going to ask for some honesty and PLEASE if you haven't bought/shipped them yet, PLEASE PLEASE expedite the shipping. If anyone will be giving birth in June, whether scheduled or due in early early July, let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks!
#55 of 92 Old 06-05-2014, 11:14 AM

I'll be delivering pretty soon, around June 20th. It will be a cesarean though so I'm pretty sure I can't even have it with me :( I'll just think of it as my new mom/healing necklace.
#56 of 92 Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 PM

Okay!

Beads have been sorted, envelopes are addressed, and what I've got has been cross-matched against the sign-up list. Three sets of beads haven't yet arrived, one of them mine (still in-transit, but I'm watching closely). I've got one set of beads that doesn't have any identifying information on it, shipped from Etsy.

While everyone needed to send at least 18 beads, there were many "extras" - I've sorted those into groups of 9 and anything beyond that will be returned to you.

I'm sorry that this has been a bit complicated, but I will have the beads shipped as soon as the stragglers arrive. I've messaged anyone who has said that they need the beads ASAP. Hopefully, this will all go smoothly!
#57 of 92 Old 06-06-2014, 07:04 PM

Great work! Thank you!
#58 of 92 Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
You are amazing! Thank you for the work!
#59 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 PM

Okay!

We have a bit of a dilemma. I don't know if this post will be deleted (I posted here about losing three pages of this thread) but regardless.

One of the participating members hasn't returned recent PMs and I haven't yet received her beads for the swap. I haven't yet checked today's mail, but I know that beads need to be out ASAP. Checking PMs and having beads shipped on time was a requirement for participation in the swap. Aside from receiving shipping money from one person and adding a few bead explanations to the bags, I'm ready to ship the beads, and I'm prepared to re-divide the beads (returning that member's beads to the sending members) and not send to that individual if I do not hear from her or receive her beads.

Does this sound okay? I know that we're under a bit of a deadline and I want to make sure anyone birthing in June has her beads. And, again, shipping beads by the deadline (a week ago) and watching PMs was a condition of participation.

Thanks!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#60 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 PM

I certainly don't think you should have to send any beads back to me at any additional cost (hopefully others will agree)...you can have my extras as a gift for putting this all together. Feel free to add them to your necklace!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page