Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#61 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemamameg View Post
I certainly don't think you should have to send any beads back to me at any additional cost (hopefully others will agree)...you can have my extras as a gift for putting this all together. Feel free to add them to your necklace!
I haven't sealed any packages yet, so it's really not a problem to just divide up the beads. I just feel badly doing so, but haven't heard back from that person, nor have I received those beads (not in the mailbox today, either).
@mareseatoats Let me know what you want me to do with the bead explanations, please!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
oh duh...you are sending us our beads anyway. There's that pregnant brain trying to think again

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#63 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So sorry, Caledvwlch! I was trying to get my scanner to work, but haven't been able to. If you don't mind printing them out for me typed that would be really wonderful. You or your little are also welcome to my extra beads if you should so desire. I really appreciate all you've done.

I'm going to paypal you the shipping right now - it will come from my DH's name

And yes - our new address, please! That's the Washington one.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#64 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I certainly don't think you should have to send any beads back to me at any additional cost (hopefully others will agree)...you can have my extras as a gift for putting this all together. Feel free to add them to your necklace!
Did my reply to this go through? I'm so confused with the forum changes.

Just in case it didn't, I haven't sealed the packages yet, so it's no trouble to re-divide the other bag of beads. And @mareseatoats and I think @MamaMem let me know what you want me to do with the bead explanations. I'm happy to print them out and put them in the envelopes, just clarify what text you want.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#65 of 92 Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Whatever is the simplest thing for you to do is good with me. Thanks!
#66 of 92 Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 AM

Yay! I can see the missing posts!

Okay. I'll re-divide the beads, print up the explanations, and get everything ready to go. If I end up popping out again today, I'll mail them today. If not today, then tomorrow. I have everything from everyone, other than the person who is not participating (as I previously mentioned in a different post - no beads, no communication, no participation - as badly as I feel about it, that was the agreement, and it isn't fair to make the rest of you wait).

I'm going to put tracking on each package. PLEASE check in to let me know when they arrive. I'll hang onto the tracking numbers until everyone has received their packages. I'll post when they're on their way. Thank you!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#67 of 92 Old 06-10-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, Cal! Thank you so much. Gold star for you. When we make our necklaces, maybe we can post pictures. It will be neat seeing what everyone comes up with
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.0 KB, 3 views)

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#68 of 92 Old 06-10-2014, 06:41 PM

I second that gold star award!!!! And i think that pics are a great idea...will do!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#69 of 92 Old 06-11-2014, 01:11 PM

Beads have been shipped! Estimated delivery is Saturday.

The holes are too small to string on hemp (I tried), but if you pick up beading cord or elastic under 1mm, you should be okay. Go as small as you're comfortable going. I forgot to get cord when I was out today to make my own necklace, but if I get any, I'll let you know which size worked for me.

I DO have tracking numbers on the packages so PLEASE let me know if yours do not arrive by Saturday-Monday. I shipped via USPS.

Yay!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#70 of 92 Old 06-11-2014, 08:25 PM

Yay!

#71 of 92 Old 06-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
I second that gold star award!!!! And i think that pics are a great idea...will do!
wss!!

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#72 of 92 Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledvwlch View Post
Beads have been shipped! Estimated delivery is Saturday.

The holes are too small to string on hemp (I tried), but if you pick up beading cord or elastic under 1mm, you should be okay. Go as small as you're comfortable going. I forgot to get cord when I was out today to make my own necklace, but if I get any, I'll let you know which size worked for me.

I DO have tracking numbers on the packages so PLEASE let me know if yours do not arrive by Saturday-Monday. I shipped via USPS.

Yay!
Okay - I got Magic Stretch cord in .5mm. That was plenty thin, you could even go to .7mm if you wanted - I THINK 1mm would be fine, but not sure. I wouldn't get stretchy cord unless making a bracelet, because the beads definitely made it overstretch. Bad choice on my part, and I might go back and get different cording. If you have extra beads, you might add them to your necklace, or raid the bead stashes of friends/family. I actually had a bead left over from an order for a friend's blessingway (we each "donated" a bead since she was a military wife and we sent them to a local friend of hers) and added that to my necklace, which was cool.

Hope all is well! Can't wait to see!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#73 of 92 Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 AM

O mamas!! The beads are gorgeous!

#74 of 92 Old 06-15-2014, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hoping I get mine tomorrow! Mail has been slow around here lately. Nothing comes when tracking says it should! Boooo. I got my beading cord, clasp, and crimp beads. Its nice that there's a local bead shop where I can buy the bead cord by the yard instead of a $10-$20 spool at joanns (they had cheaper stuff too, but i'm sure you get what you pay for) and individual clasps/crimp beads for pennies instead of a couple bucks for a package so I'm ready to string mine up!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#75 of 92 Old 06-15-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
Hoping I get mine tomorrow! Mail has been slow around here lately. Nothing comes when tracking says it should! Boooo. I got my beading cord, clasp, and crimp beads. Its nice that there's a local bead shop where I can buy the bead cord by the yard instead of a $10-$20 spool at joanns (they had cheaper stuff too, but i'm sure you get what you pay for) and individual clasps/crimp beads for pennies instead of a couple bucks for a package so I'm ready to string mine up!
It looks like everyone but @LiLStar and @mareseatoats should have received their beads on 6/14 - tracking is showing delivered. The other beads are showing as being stuck at the sort facility in San Diego, so I'm guessing that the issue is there. Ugh!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#76 of 92 Old 06-15-2014, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ha! Figures, since we're close (Has mareseatoats moved to WA yet or still in OR?) We're waiting on some curtains that should have come Fridayish, and a friend was waiting for her new phone after her 3yo drowned hers (and most of us probably know how painful it is to be without our smart phones for a couple days..lol!!) had it come later than tracking said even though it was at the local fedex facility! They were just so backed up it was delayed. So, I guess mail to WA is slow these days.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#77 of 92 Old 06-15-2014, 08:44 PM

Ah, I've been tent camping all weekend. We get our mail in a PO box, so I can't wait to check it tomorrow! I crochet mine up as a necklace with thin but strong crochet thread. Can't wait!
#78 of 92 Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you to everyone for the beads! Sorry that I have not been active (I'm not very good at forums) but I wanted to let everyone know the beautiful beads are much appreciated! <3 Also a super big THANK YOU to Caledvwlch for her awesome organizing skills! So grateful for this.

Sincerely, Sara

Quirky lady living the quiet life in Upstate NY with my two not so little ones, a wee bean on the way, and my sweetheart.  treehugger.gif
#79 of 92 Old 06-16-2014, 07:49 PM

I got my beads on Saturday, and then we had a crazy weekend. I need to ask DW to bring them to the hospital when she heads back here, just in case. Thanks everyone! I was going to send something about why I chose the beads I did and ran out of time so I will send it or post it here for fun. Going to try to get some sleep first though, just wanted to check in and say thanks!

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#80 of 92 Old 06-17-2014, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

I got my beads yesterday! They are so lovely. Thank you all so much.

If anyone who didn't send an explanation wants to say why they picked what they did, that would be so neat! Can't wait to see pictures of the necklaces.

#81 of 92 Old 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Beautiful, ladies! Thank you! I'm going to get out my crochet thread and get started on mine.
The ones I got were the beehives. Not only do we have bees on our farm, but I thought they were symbolic of the ultimate mommybee and all the helpers that make a difference in the raising of the babies. A true community involvement there. And tons of helpful "midwives".
#82 of 92 Old 06-17-2014, 07:40 PM

Thank you everyone! The beads are beautiful! The beehives are great, we have bees too! All wonderful choices! I cannot wait to configure them. I have a friend who has a bone Goddess bead that she wants to contribute, so I am waiting until Friday when I see her to put it all together. I am curious who sent the single larger turquoise bead...was it intended as a center bead? If the Goddess bead wasn't coming my way, I would use it as a center piece, but now I am puzzled as to what to do with that one. Oh I am torn...I might have to make something else with that one as a part of my birth garb, or do I make something else with the Goddess?

Rodrock, I must have missed something, why are you in the hospital. Are you okay??

#83 of 92 Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Thank you everyone! The beads are beautiful! The beehives are great, we have bees too! All wonderful choices! I cannot wait to configure them. I have a friend who has a bone Goddess bead that she wants to contribute, so I am waiting until Friday when I see her to put it all together. I am curious who sent the single larger turquoise bead...was it intended as a center bead? If the Goddess bead wasn't coming my way, I would use it as a center piece, but now I am puzzled as to what to do with that one. Oh I am torn...I might have to make something else with that one as a part of my birth garb, or do I make something else with the Goddess?

Rodrock, I must have missed something, why are you in the hospital. Are you okay??
sortanerdy sent the large turquoise bead and the four smaller wooden beads. I admit to dragging her in here a bit, we were friends in high school.

I hope things go well, redrockband That must be so frustrating! Will be thinking good things for you/r family. Enjoy the forced relaxation, as irritating as it must be. I don't know about you, but I always have a difficult time forcing myself to sit down and take it easy, and I always come up with things to do or excuses why I can't just sit still. Sometimes someone else "making" me relax is the only way I will. Regardless - I hope that you feel better.

I sent the black lava beads - I thought of how lava eruption is so devastating but always seems to result in a rebirth of the area - as well as the round turquoise-colored beads (I forgot the stone name) because they reminded me of a hatching/cracked robin's egg!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

#84 of 92 Old 06-22-2014, 10:02 PM

Picture of my birth jewelry...Sortanerdy, I ended up making a separate pendant with your large turquoise bead, as it didn't work in my necklace due to the Goddess centerpiece. I plan to make a necklace as a gift to my midwife and hope that she will wear it during the birth. and to whomever sent the ceramic flower beads, they just cried out to become earrings...to be worn at the birth obviously.

Thank you again to all you lovely ladies!! I hope that you all have wonderful and loving birth experiences, supported in spirit by the long line of women who birthed before you to bring you to this place... and healthy, strong babies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1647.jpg (221.6 KB, 15 views)

#85 of 92 Old 06-23-2014, 04:41 PM

Those are beautiful, Turtle!

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
#86 of 92 Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 AM

changed my mind and dd and I made her a birth necklace with the turquoise bead...I will take a picture of her with it on, she is sooo excited to be a part of it all!!

I can't wait to see what others come up with. Please post pictures.

#87 of 92 Old 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Turtle - that's so funny! I made DS and DD necklaces as well with extra turtles and other beads I had Great minds! I also had bought a godess mother type charm for the middle of mine.

The seller sent me two pink turtles, and they looked so beautiful with the turquoise and flower beads I am making a little anklet/bracelet with them. I really lived the variety of beads that everyone sent! It was so meaningful, I really treasure this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (136.0 KB, 14 views)

#88 of 92 Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Mares, I love the amber beads in between each. Your necklace came out beautifully! I would love to see the other jewelry too, when you are done.

#89 of 92 Old 06-28-2014, 04:51 PM

I was out today and forgot to get stringing stuff. :/

Mares, I, too, love the amber! I have a broken amber necklace I think I will use the beads from. Lovely!

#90 of 92 Old 07-02-2014, 04:01 PM

I finally just strung everything on a chain. I apologize if the photo is gigantic!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page