Updates from everyone! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1 of 61 Old 06-10-2014, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Updates from everyone!

Hi all! I have been MIA, oops! But I'm back!

Just wanted an update on everyone!
Mine: 4 weeks to go, sciatic pain, still hate sex, bag isn't packed, have 2 names picked out, baby room is ready, cloths are washed and folded, nesting like crazy, havnt thrown up in a week!

Your turn!

-Viv-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Pretty sure I lost my mucus plug last night.... But considering how I walked around for 4 weeks at 3cm dilated last time I don't think it means much.... BH come and go..Feel great in the mornings but pretty lousy by dinnertime. Overall, hanging in there....
#3 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is the first day I've logged in since all the formatting changes - huge pain in the rear! I had to reset my password, which was a bigger problem than one would think

35.3 weeks: Oh so tired! - all the time. Headaches daily that consistently come around 2pm for some reason. Pregnancy insomnia and when I do sleep, vivid dreams, plus I'm just generally uncomfortable. Some swelling, but not as bad as with my son. I'm also having trouble concentrating.

I didn't think I'd be dealing with any feelings of apprehension regarding birth, since I''ve done it already, but, sure enough...I have days where I worry. I haven't had any nesting impulses, which means I have stacks of baby stuff just sitting around just waiting to be organized somehow - no motivation
#4 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Kate- we'll geez, I thought the mucus plug would be the difference between knowing whether I was having real contractions or false ones! Guess I'll just have to figure it all out.
#5 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmes94 View Post
Kate- we'll geez, I thought the mucus plug would be the difference between knowing whether I was having real contractions or false ones! Guess I'll just have to figure it all out.
I'm no pro, and I didn't specifically notice losing my plug last time. But I do very much remember having my 38 week appointment and being at 3cm and thinking "Almost time!!!!". And not having DD until almost week 42! This time I am pretty sure I noticed losing it, as there was a TON of thick mucus when I went to the bathroom before bed last night and it seems to be gone today.

My rule with contractions is that if I can fall asleep, they aren't the real thing. Lots of people say a glass of wine and a hot bath will stop the false ones.

I've always been told that you can go around for weeks with no plug and some dilation but not have any real contractions..
#6 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Sorry farmes, but the mucus plug may be an indication for birth to start soon - or not! Could be hours, days or even weeks after you discharge it. You may also loose only bits of it as well.

I have been in the nesting phase off and on. Still trying to get everything together. Still not really ready for birth even though it is only another 4 weeks. Baby clothes is ready and maybe next week when we are all cleared for home birth, is when all the rest kicks in.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#7 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We got amazing news on Monday, the complete previa, which had about a 0% chance of resolving is now a marginal previa. The placenta is 1.4 cm away from the cervical opening which means the OB will let me try a vaginal birth if I want to or stick with a planned cesarean at 39 weeks. There is still a pretty significant chance of hemorrhaging and needing an emergency c-section, but I'm leaning towards the vaginal birth in the hospital. We'll do one more scan at 39 weeks and if it's any farther I will definitely go with a vaginal birth. This pregnancy has been anything but predictable.

Other than getting to avoid a 37 week cesarean, things are okay. Sleep is bad, leg cramps are bad, but otherwise I feel pretty good.

DW and I need to do a crash birth education course and hire a doula. So much to do, it seems like it never ends

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#8 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
34 weeks 3 days, feeling pretty good. Finished work a week and a half ago (I work at a school) and have been visiting with my dad who lives across the country. It has been triple digit heat here for the last 4 days and has finally broken so I am feeling really relieved!

Gestational diabetes has been manageable with diet, though the diet feels so controlling sometimes. I think I would do many morally questionable things for a big bowl of fruit salad or even a milk shake right now. All complaints aside I am really glad that so far I have been able to avoid having to take medication to control it, as that has been my goal.

Went to the chiropractor for the first time last week, and the sciatica that I have been suffering from the entire pregnancy has greatly subsided. I will continue going weekly till baby gets here. Feeling pretty stupid I did not do this months ago as I have been really suffering.

Have lots of things going on in the next few weeks, hospital tour, birth class, mother and sister inlaw visiting, baby shower etc. I have put everything off till now knowing that I wouldn't be working so hopefully the heat with stay down a little so I can get some nesting done!

Reader reading.gif married to gardener treehugger.gif expecting our first seed to sprout flower.gifJuly 2014!
#9 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hot. So hot. All the time. And tired. I don't remember this from last time!

Swelling comes and goes and I'm eating watermelon like it's my job. Midwife says anytime after 36 weeks is okay for homebirth. Meeting with midwife and doula this weekend for the first time in quite awhile. Need to assess baby position, but I think I've mapped it accurately and baby is head-down.

I need to order a bunch of stuff for my birth kit still - I need to do it today, I think, or I'll just forget or put it off again. I'm doing Hypnobabies and need to remember to keep doing it every day. Yesterday was pretty rough, and I forgot.

Nothing noticeable on the mucus plug front. I've been contracting ir/regularly since about 15 weeks or so, and I honestly don't notice it anymore. I hope that I get some sort of "hey, labor!" sign, because my midwife and my doula are about 40 minutes away from me.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#10 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 06:10 PM

No name, clothes are not washed, room is not ready, car seat is not purchased. 7 weeks to go. With my first everything was ready at this point. My hospital bag is packed with my stuff. My anxiety level is high.
#11 of 61 Old 06-11-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
37 weeks, had my home visit today and set up the tub. The mw's went through my supplies and were happy with the set up. BH have picked up a bunch, sciatica seems to come in and out of play... swollen, tired, and grumpy!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#12 of 61 Old 06-12-2014, 09:11 AM

Redrock- congrats on the good news! You and your wife must be thrilled.

Literary- glad to hear you're able to control the diabetes with diet. You're strong. I have such sweet cravings as a pregnant lady. If you took the medicine, could you then have a milkshake? I'm kidding.

Feeling good here. Out of breath a lot! Back still hurts a bit but I'm stretching and trying to do more planks to strengthen my back for the increase in weight. When I was thinking about complaining, a lady at work yesterday told me about her niece who is pregnant with twins, due in October and is on bed rest until then.

Going to see the midwife after work. If she can't feel baby's position today I'll have to get another ultrasound. I have faith as I'm pretty sure that has been a foot under my rib and not a head.

Last edited by farmes94; 06-12-2014 at 12:31 PM.
#13 of 61 Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Christina--I didn't think I'd have anxiety, either, but I'm finding that now things are getting closer and I'm really nervous about the whole thing. Mostly pain and uncertainty. It definitely sucks.

Redrock--that is such great news! And the extra two weeks of baking will be great for the baby!

Foodie--that sounds so HARD. All I want these days is sugar. Sounds like you'll be nice and busy for the next little while, at least!

Farmes--wow. I'm so grateful to not have been put on bedrest--I think I would go crazy. And I've been trying pretty hard to count my (minor) pregnancy annoyances as blessings, too, since so many worse things could happen than to have two healthy babies in there and some minor discomforts. It's hard, though, when all I want to do is whine!

Had a growth ultrasound and NST today--everyone is looking good and baby B did me a solid by flipping head down! He's been transverse/breech for the last 5 months! Yesterday I had some really bad pains as they were kicking around and I had suspicions that maybe they were moving, but told myself not to get too hopeful, so I was THRILLED when the ultrasound tech said they are both head down and looking ready to go!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#14 of 61 Old 06-12-2014, 12:29 PM

I'm also checking in after being MIA for too long...sorry! Great to hear everyone's updates!

I'm at 38 weeks and feeling ready, I guess? Car seat is in and I think things are as organized as they will be, although I haven't had a real nesting instinct. No sign of losing my mucus plug, and I've had some contractions, but nothing consistent, so I feel like I have awhile to go...

We're expecting our first in late June...maybe July?
#15 of 61 Old 06-12-2014, 02:04 PM

I have been MIA too

Been absolutely crazy around here the last few weeks, as the school year was winding down, and DH is trying to fit all of his work travel for the whole summer in before the first of July! And my sister is getting married on Saturday and all of my kids are in the wedding.

I have absolutely NOTHING ready for baby, but I am only 34 weeks this weekend, so I should have some time yet . I did pull the infant seat out of storage for a class I taught last week, so that is here, but needs the cover washed and put back together. I still have no idea how we are going to fit everyone in the car . We are still stuck trying to decide if we stick with our suburban or get a big van. We have test driven the one we would pick if we do that, but I just can't make the decision. So, now we are waiting to see how it goes, and if it just doesn't work, we know exactly what and where we will get one from.

We head over to my sister's place (2 hours away) tomorrow for wedding stuff, and that will be a crazy weekend. It will be the first time in 10 years that all 6 of my siblings and I will be in the same place at the same time! My oldest brother has never met our 2 year old.

Then hopefully life will slow down a little My kids are not doing any summer sports, just their livestock projects, which does not require much of me. DH should be home the whole month of July, so that will be nice. By the time he gets home next Thursday we will have only seen him 5.5 days in the last 6 weeks

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#16 of 61 Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 AM

Baby is head down, woohoo!
#17 of 61 Old 06-13-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Great thread! I really like reading the updates from everyone

I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow, so I've still got quite a long way to go. Feeling pretty uncomfortable - fatigue, breathlessness, sore everything, acid reflux. No real contractions or anything. Is anyone else all of the sudden SUPER emotional, especially in regards to their partner? Not only is my sex drive back, but I just want to cuddle and hug DH all the time, and I miss him so much when he's at work. It's kind of weird, really. The baby has been head down for quite a while. Still moving around a lot, headbutting my cervix whenever it gets the hiccups. Getting things a bit organized for baby, but still lots to do.

Oh, I had an interesting dream! I dreamed I went into labor (now, so too early for a homebirth) and had to go to the hospital. They were trying to get me to lay down on the bed so I fired the doctor that was trying to attend me and went into the bathroom with DH and got in the tub. I pushed the baby out and then let him go get the nurse. The baby was small and pink and healthy, so I didn't let them take it for tests. Definitely not an anxiety dream, haha.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#18 of 61 Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Great to see posts from so many familiar, yet MIA, members!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#19 of 61 Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In the final month now. 35w4d. I'm not expected to get to 40, which is awesome for me. Work is crazy, but I'm finally getting to distribute my caseload and focus on tying up loose ends before leave. No imminent signs of labor, but I have been in false labor three times by now. Right now I am so uncomfortable and huge. The doctor thinks the baby is about 7 lbs already so it looks like another big baby.
Remodeling to make a baby room is still not done. The wall will go up today and I think we will paint next weekend. I think we have everything except a dresser, but nothing is washed or organized. I'm not worried about it though. If I go into labor tomorrow all I will need to do is have my husband dig out the carseat and throw some clothes in the wash. We have some disposable diapers that can get us through until I come home and show him how to was the cloth diapers.
I am taking one class over the summer, and I've already talked to the professors about my situation. I had my last kid in the middle of a semester and it all turned out fine. I pulled straight A's last semester even with the nausea, pregnancy hormones and work going crazy.
#20 of 61 Old 06-14-2014, 10:10 AM

I'm 33 weeks. Have a carseat (went to the BRU tradein months ago), but it's not installed, got the baby's room painted, and the crib put back together. Washing some linens today. Since this is our second we've got most of the stuff, it's just inventory, washing, and organizing.

I'm kind of swinging back and forth between "gah, there's no time, how will we be ready???" and "I have to wait two more months????" Well, probably more like 6 weeks. My first came at 39w4d, so I'm not expecting to it to my due date (the 30th) which makes it extra special fun that I'm scheduled to teach a class at work the 23rd and 24th. I plan to end my intro with "and remember, when you start getting emails about how help is needed with classes, they really are that desperate"
#21 of 61 Old 06-14-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Wooho! Love all the updates!!

I just realized I havnt pulled out the cloth diapers yet. Ug! That's gotta be the last big job... Right? Please? Lol!
Still have to go to the storage unit to make sure we have a car seat. Eeep! So close!!!

J-max- minivan. Do it. I swear to you it is the best decision I have ever made. I would live in my kia Sedona if I could.
#22 of 61 Old 06-14-2014, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post
Pretty sure I lost my mucus plug last night.... But considering how I walked around for 4 weeks at 3cm dilated last time I don't think it means much.... BH come and go..Feel great in the mornings but pretty lousy by dinnertime. Overall, hanging in there....
Woot woot!!! I'm in the "3 centimeters (self check)" and "lots of contractions" camp but no sign of mucus plug.
Looks like were close! Yippee!
#23 of 61 Old 06-14-2014, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Still have to get the crib assembled and sheets washed. Trying to delay in hope that I still have some time before the big event. I so not feel ready yet. There are a few thing I would like to finish first. Mw home visit is due next week and we shall see what she has to say. Not really feeling contractions even BH has subsided. Belly sits quite low. Otherwise I feel great.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#24 of 61 Old 06-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
Woot woot!!! I'm in the "3 centimeters (self check)" and "lots of contractions" camp but no sign of mucus plug.
Looks like were close! Yippee!
I hope! I don't know how to self check and dh won't, so I will see what the me says Monday!
#25 of 61 Old 06-15-2014, 09:01 AM

Been wondering why I stopped getting updates! Thanks new format....

37+3, baby started dropping a few days ago (but my daughter started dropping almost a month before she was born at 41+3 so I'm not counting on anything...). Finished work last week, which makes me SO happy as it was SOOOO stressful and now I have time to nest and garden and everything!! Feeling great this time around; with my girl I had absolutely horrible hip and pelvic pain and spent most of the last weeks on the couch.

We have one boy name and 2 girl names picked. Clothing, diaper, and blankie laundry done, tho I still want to get some prefolds for my cloth diaper stash. Birth pool is out but we haven't done a test run yet (plus I need to get a tarp; I don't feel like paying $60 for the fitted liner....). I still need to get my placenta encapsulation kit as well; this pregnancy was quite rough psychologically and I'm worried about PPD. We're borrowing an Arms Reach co-sleeper from a friend, so I still need to get that and set it up, plus rearrange our bedroom. Other than that I think I'm ready!!! Come on baby, I wanna meet you!!

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#26 of 61 Old 06-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Anyone have swelling worse on one leg than the other??? My left ankle and foot are a lot more swollen than my right - weird.

Bought my 2.5 year old a pool for the deck today. He's excited. It was on my list of things to do before baby got here. I want there to be plenty of activities for him to do at home while I'm in the hospital or consumed with the first few days with his new sister.

I have had contractions twice in the last three hours. These have been like actually contractions. Previously when I was having BH, it was more a tightening and then a releasing. This is different. My husband put in a request for me to have the baby by midnight, as a father's day gift for him. Ha ha.

Looking forward to my 36 week OB appt tomorrow...US and vaginal exam. I hope they tell me that my cervix is soft at least. Today I'm feeling more ready to get on with the show!
#27 of 61 Old 06-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Max View Post
I have been MIA too

Been absolutely crazy around here the last few weeks, as the school year was winding down, and DH is trying to fit all of his work travel for the whole summer in before the first of July! And my sister is getting married on Saturday and all of my kids are in the wedding.

I have absolutely NOTHING ready for baby, but I am only 34 weeks this weekend, so I should have some time yet . I did pull the infant seat out of storage for a class I taught last week, so that is here, but needs the cover washed and put back together. I still have no idea how we are going to fit everyone in the car . We are still stuck trying to decide if we stick with our suburban or get a big van. We have test driven the one we would pick if we do that, but I just can't make the decision. So, now we are waiting to see how it goes, and if it just doesn't work, we know exactly what and where we will get one from.

We head over to my sister's place (2 hours away) tomorrow for wedding stuff, and that will be a crazy weekend. It will be the first time in 10 years that all 6 of my siblings and I will be in the same place at the same time! My oldest brother has never met our 2 year old.

Then hopefully life will slow down a little My kids are not doing any summer sports, just their livestock projects, which does not require much of me. DH should be home the whole month of July, so that will be nice. By the time he gets home next Thursday we will have only seen him 5.5 days in the last 6 weeks
We bought a Toyota Sienna on 5/31, in preparation for the baby. We love it. Two of my closest friends and one of my cousins all have Toyota Siennas and they all love theirs too. They were running a 0% for 60 month special - not sure if they still are or not. I wanted to buy a Toyota Prius V for the increased gas mileage, but in the end we just couldn't pass up the Sienna. It's perfectly designed for a family with children - super, duper convienent.
#28 of 61 Old 06-15-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
Wooho! Love all the updates!!
J-max- minivan. Do it. I swear to you it is the best decision I have ever made. I would live in my kia Sedona if I could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina James View Post
We bought a Toyota Sienna on 5/31, in preparation for the baby. We love it. Two of my closest friends and one of my cousins all have Toyota Siennas and they all love theirs too. They were running a 0% for 60 month special - not sure if they still are or not. I wanted to buy a Toyota Prius V for the increased gas mileage, but in the end we just couldn't pass up the Sienna. It's perfectly designed for a family with children - super, duper convienent.

IF I was going to get a minivan, it would be a Sienna or an Odyssey. BUT that is not going to happen One benefit to being super carseat savvy is that I have put lots of seats in lots of vehicles, and minivans are not really built for 8 either . I have to have 4WD and be able to haul a trailer. My suburban gets used like a pickup a lot (chasing cows through fields, hauling a camper, and a small horse trailer, hauling small livestock inside, lol) And I am one of those people that actually know how to use 4wd and need it, lol (no offense, really, just many people think they need 4wd, but could live with out. There are times it is the only way out of our driveway or up my MIL's) Plus I need higher clearance than a minivan.

We are looking at the Nissian NV3500, but I am having a hard time swallowing a big van. I really, really, really, love my suburban Trying to decide how often all 8 of use go somewhere together and can we live through all 6 kids squished in the back for those times .

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#29 of 61 Old 06-15-2014, 02:04 PM

And for my update

I am now done with all the big summer stuff and can start focusing on baby stuff! Had a carseat tech class week before last, then my sister got married yesterday, so that has made the last 2 weeks absolutely insane!

DH is off on his last trip before the baby is born (he has been home 2.5 days in the last 4 weeks). He came home just for my sister's wedding and left again this afternoon. He usually travels every other week or every 3 weeks, but tried to move everything he could to the last 6 weeks so he can be home the whole month of July.

I am 34 weeks today, and defiantly feeling it. I am ready to slow down and focus on baby

#30 of 61 Old 06-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
We finally got our van last month I think? Or it might have been april. The big joke the whole pregnancy is there's really only 2 things we "need" to buy for baby: a van, and a car seat. Finally checked off both! YAY! So I'm ready We got an 06 odyssey. Its really nice! I think its the nicest vehicle we've ever had. Its so nice to not cram all 3 kids into the back of a smaller car. The new baby really forced our hand on that one. And I got to experience the fun of choosing a carseat without having to be concerned with width. Yay!

I'm almost 35 weeks, and physically, this is probably my easiest pregnancy so far. you can all feel free to hate me :P I sleep awesome, swelling fluctuates between "minimal" and "nothing noticeable". previous pregnancies my face would swell up at the end and I'd HATE how I looked and would avoid pictures. Hasn't happened this time! Been going to the chiro every 2 weeks or so, and while there's usually plenty to adjust in my neck/spine, my pelvis is staying pretty stable and even. I've been looking for opportunities to go on walks (tough with kids who aren't necessarily cooperative with that plan) and trying, moreso than I've ever tried in my life, to severely limit sugar and simple carbs. There's always been an unspoken "don't ask don't tell" rule between midwives and I about how big my baby is (I've made huge ones, but its always more pleasant to be ignorant and be shocked at the size after birth than go into labor KNOWING) but I'll forgive my midwife for giving an estimate at my last appt, because it was normal/average (or by my standards, itty bitty) and if he continues growing at the average rate would be on track for being 7.5 lbs at birth. I've always wanted a little newborn! So its motivating to have that "guess" in my head..keep eating and exercising like I have been, and a tiny newborn might be my prize

Out of curiosity I tried checking myself probably last week. More like a baseline feel so I can know the difference and notice changes later. Closed up, but so soft and squishy. Like, WAY soft. Almost didn't know it when I felt it because the soft squishyness really blended into the landscape, haha. Plenty of BHs, and I've noticed some of them getting a big stronger, but still definitely "just BH".

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page