Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

#61 of 142 Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie Falsae View Post
Last Thursday was my last day at work. All my labor symptoms have died down since then. I still get bloody show occasionally, but few contractions. Its amazing what getting away from all that stress will do. Now that I've had a few days to chill I'm okay with things taking a bit more time that I thought I would have. I was expecting to deliver sometime in 38 weeks, and I'm 39 today. Baby just isn't as ready as I am I guess.
I am 39 wks today as well let them check me again this a.m at my appt just bc I am uber curious lol 2-3cm and 50% effaced. I don't feel any signs of baby coming but never do until it's really happening. No bloody show. Nothing. Just hanging out wondering if she will come be4 next Tuesdays due date appt or not. We can keep each other company Trixie
#62 of 142 Old 07-08-2014, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Has another false alarm today. Went over to my sister's house to let the kids play in the pool. My sister noticed a wet spot on the back of my dress. Went ahead and let kids play for an hour or so. The wet spot was bigger, my underwear was soaked and I was leaving wet spots on the folding chairs outside. Water wasn't broken, though. Turns out all the liquid held in by the mucous plugs I lost last week all decided to come out at the same time. The joys of pre-labor. But, I am 2.5cm dilated and 50% effaced, so at least there is some progress. My due date is technically July 15th, but I am scheduled to be induced Friday. No one actually thought I'd make it thus far, but I have another stubborn one. Everything is ready for labor, and if she would just descend I would go quickly. My girls have minds of their own!
#63 of 142 Old 07-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie Falsae View Post
Has another false alarm today. Went over to my sister's house to let the kids play in the pool. My sister noticed a wet spot on the back of my dress. Went ahead and let kids play for an hour or so. The wet spot was bigger, my underwear was soaked and I was leaving wet spots on the folding chairs outside. Water wasn't broken, though. Turns out all the liquid held in by the mucous plugs I lost last week all decided to come out at the same time. The joys of pre-labor. But, I am 2.5cm dilated and 50% effaced, so at least there is some progress. My due date is technically July 15th, but I am scheduled to be induced Friday. No one actually thought I'd make it thus far, but I have another stubborn one. Everything is ready for labor, and if she would just descend I would go quickly. My girls have minds of their own!
Just out of curiosity why r they inducing? Sounds like ur body is working on baby coming soon anyway
MamaMem likes this.
#64 of 142 Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am secretly timing cramps/beginning contractions. Been at them for 4-ish hours. We shall see if it turns into anything. I would love to have this baby tomorrow! A very special friend's birthday who would be thrilled and any day babykins comes out will be a good one.

I have been seriously tempted to use some tinctures or homeopathics but keep talking myself down bc I want to be able to say my labors all started spontaneously. Trivial to some I suppose but whatever keeps me on my chosen path...

I am 38+1. After spending 3 week son bedrest to hold off preterm labor, it is sure odd and feels awkward to be up and about for 2 weeks now with not much to show for it.

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#65 of 142 Old 07-09-2014, 06:04 AM

And I am still at it! YAY! All night long was really crampy and about every 15 minutes. They woke me a few times but nothing major.
At almost 5 this morning it was mild contractions every 5 minute that are lasting at east 50 seconds.
I honestly did not expect them to stick all night long.

#66 of 142 Old 07-09-2014, 06:53 AM

How exciting mamamem! I agree with the whole not messing with starting labor up even if by natural methods.

I hope things keep progressing and that sweet baby is in your amms soon. Keep us updated
#67 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMem View Post
And I am still at it! YAY! All night long was really crampy and about every 15 minutes. They woke me a few times but nothing major.
At almost 5 this morning it was mild contractions every 5 minute that are lasting at east 50 seconds.
I honestly did not expect them to stick all night long.
Any news? I have checked in every hour or so hoping to see a new baby thread from you I hope all is well!
#68 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Contractions on and off for a week now, after a nice long break (I'd been having them since early 2nd trimester, just like my first pregnancy). I spent an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom so far today and we have plans to put up our deck this weekend, Sunday is my first's half-birthday (and I've already passed the point where I gave birth that time) and we've got family birthdays on Saturday and Monday, and three of my friends have had their babies 7/7, 7/8, and 7/9 - the last of whom was 9cm when she checked in to her hospital, gave birth 45 minutes later, and had sworn up and down the day prior that this baby was NOT coming out anytime soon.

I'm not getting anxious/excited until there's undeniable proof. I have too much to do right now!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#69 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed#7 View Post
Any news? I have checked in every hour or so hoping to see a new baby thread from you I hope all is well!
Ugh! Last night at 8 I was at 5 minutes and a minute and 20 seconds long. Doing really well. Then at 9, dead it their tracks. Stopped earlier in the day when I went for coffee with a friend I needed to catch up with.

Very few contractions through the night. a little sleep and I feel better. a few willynilly contractions this morning.... uhg. I feel stuck between Heaven and Earth...

#70 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledvwlch View Post
Contractions on and off for a week now, after a nice long break (I'd been having them since early 2nd trimester, just like my first pregnancy). I spent an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom so far today and we have plans to put up our deck this weekend, Sunday is my first's half-birthday (and I've already passed the point where I gave birth that time) and we've got family birthdays on Saturday and Monday, and three of my friends have had their babies 7/7, 7/8, and 7/9 - the last of whom was 9cm when she checked in to her hospital, gave birth 45 minutes later, and had sworn up and down the day prior that this baby was NOT coming out anytime soon.

I'm not getting anxious/excited until there's undeniable proof. I have too much to do right now!
Busy days ahead! I can see why you don't mind baby waiting a few days

Today is the "angelversary" for our still born son and tomorrow is the day I gave birth to him so we are hoping baby waits until the 12th and then any time is fine. Going to the grave tonight for our annual baloon release and we share a small cheesecake (my craving while pregnant with him) and just take time to remember.
#71 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMem View Post
Ugh! Last night at 8 I was at 5 minutes and a minute and 20 seconds long. Doing really well. Then at 9, dead it their tracks. Stopped earlier in the day when I went for coffee with a friend I needed to catch up with.

Very few contractions through the night. a little sleep and I feel better. a few willynilly contractions this morning.... uhg. I feel stuck between Heaven and Earth...
Well, dang! Hopefully things pick back up again soon I'm sure you made some progress regardless.
#72 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Busy days ahead! I can see why you don't mind baby waiting a few days

Today is the "angelversary" for our still born son and tomorrow is the day I gave birth to him so we are hoping baby waits until the 12th and then any time is fine. Going to the grave tonight for our annual baloon release and we share a small cheesecake (my craving while pregnant with him) and just take time to remember.
That is a very sweet remembrance!! <3

#73 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Well, dang! Hopefully things pick back up again soon I'm sure you made some progress regardless.
I did. I could feel it happening. I would guess I am mostly effaced and near 6 cm. have had no checks and cannot reach around my belly to feel my cervix so that is just a gut-based guess...

a few contractions in the last hour or so. I am so praying it picks up and goes. I left my kids at the sitter today bc I just could not have them here.But I cant keep THAT up for long...
If only! my waters would go...

#74 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Super Moon this Saturday! I wonder how many babies will be born this weekend? I'd prefer mine wait until at least Monday, since my midwife is out of town. There's a back up, but still, its nicer when the person who catches your baby is someone you've met before

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#75 of 142 Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Sounds like everyone is just chugging away. Mother Nature sure is crazy.

I feel great, no contractions, nothing, yet might have baby next week instead of closer to 30th...baby is still breech as of today. Getting full US tomorrow to check fluid levels so I can schedule a version for Monday or Tuesday. Doc said if we do the version shed like to induce me *sigh*.

Went to the chiropractor today to get the webster technique. She's convinced she can flip him. I think it's a little late in the game, but? Going in tomorrow morning before the US to see her again. Apparently I'm pretty bound up.

Hard to believe i could have a little baby in a few days...
#76 of 142 Old 07-11-2014, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Sorry you're dealing with all that, farmes. I've had great luck with chiropractors, so don't count them out! Babies can flip in labor, so it definitely isn't too late. That being said, there could always be a reason for baby being breech. It's hard to say. Remember, too, that you can decline an induction if you are so inclined. Don't let them scare tactic you into something you don't want to do

It feels totally weird to me, too, that we could have a baby soon. Well, we WILL have a baby soon! Even if it is late, my due date is fast approaching. I'll be 38 weeks on Saturday. As we speak baby is hiuccuping/headbutting my pelvic floor. Weirdest feeling. I don't feel on the cusp of labor, though. I think baby will show up right around his or her due date, as my first two did. We got the birth kit yesterday and the birth tub today, though, so technically things are pretty much ready.
MamaMem and PrimalJoy like this.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#77 of 142 Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
41w yesterday. Up until 3am last night with 'this-is-probably-it-my-GOD-my-house-is-a-mess-this-probably-isn't-it-which-will-suck-but-this-is-probably-it' surges. For a while averaging 40 seconds long and 3-4 minutes apart but fairly mild. Got to the point where we gave my sister a heads-up phone call, and my girlfriend/photographer came and crashed for the night. Fell asleep in between 2 surges and didn't wake up until this morning!!! Glad to have had a straight 4 hours of sleep, but still sucked...I was looking forward to a baby!

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#78 of 142 Old 07-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Farmes- I'm glad u got into the chiro! I think going another time or two is a good idea. Hoping to check in soon and read baby has flipped

Mares- 38 wks Saturday?! Exciting! That's great u got the birth kit and pool. Never know- baby could make his/her debut any day

Hanna- LOL! @ the this-is-probably-it-my-God-the-house-is-a-mess! I feel the same way a few times a week although I am not as far as you. 39-4 today! Last night we were busy so ran out the house leaving supper's mess and more and when we came in I set the timer for everyone to pitch in and help clean things back up. I have been keeping it spotless since abt 36 weeks and whew! It's exhausting but my OCD wins every day at 41 weeks I am sure labor will be here any day! Keep us updated
#79 of 142 Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmes94 View Post
Midwife snuck me in before the holiday to an OB that she works with on a regular basis and has a hand held US machine so I wouldn't have to get a complete one. She felt my belly and thought it was head down as well. Turns out I have a breech baby and I am so sad. I honestly didn't even think of it as a possibility. I didn't know kicks could be so rhythmic, but I guess what do I know? She mentioned some yoga poses I could try and do, but I've already been doing them in my regular yoga classes . She said there is a manual procedure they can do but she called it a bit brutal and said that it might just put me into labor, or I could have a C-section. I wish I wasn't so upset by this, but I really am.
I have heard that some ppl do acupuncture for that.
#80 of 142 Old 07-13-2014, 07:31 AM

Caled- Any luck with all those contractions?

Mares- Thanks for the kind words. I haven't given up hope yet. How are you feeling? Is the new house all set up and ready for labor?

Blessed- How are you feeling? Any regular contractions? It's kind of strange being due later in the month as it seems the whole message board took off into the horizon with their new babies. I can't wait to do the same, haha.
Hannah- 41 weeks! I would be so anxious. Here's to hoping you will have a baby shortly.

Mama-I hope things really get going for you here soon. Maybe if you can think of something that you really want to do, the baby will want to interrupt that and join the world.

Eshe-I do think that I'm going to try acupuncture this week along with moxibustion. I too have heard good things. Probably another trip to the chiropractor as well!
#81 of 142 Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 AM

Farmes - no regular contrax here! Just occasional tightening especially when the 2yr old nurses. I love your positive attitude towards the positioning of baby and how open you are to trying all these things to help baby turn. I know whatever is meant to be will be and am so excited for you to meet your little one! And don't feel left out being due at the end of the month - if I go 12 days over like with my last u could end up delivering before me

I still mainly am dealing with the cervical pain when she is moving abt. It is so intense and hard to handle. Never had it with my other 6 so it is odd to me but midwife just says it's the lowness of her head right on the cervix. Hopefully at least causing some dilation and effacement. 40 wks this Tuesday! Such a blessing considering we came so close to losing her up until abt 20 weeks. It's surreal that she made it and we will get to see her little face soon.
#82 of 142 Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM

Blessed-the cervical pain sounds wicked! So happy you get to meet your little girl soon. They say the pain will be worth it.

I just had something happen that made me so thankful for my birth situation, even though it's not what I'd expected! When my midwife was unsure of position of baby she sent me to an OB that I hadn't been seeing and never had met. They snuck me in for a handheld ultrasound, without a prior appointment, and that's when I found out baby was breech. Since then, I've received a full US and that's when we discovered on Friday that I'd probably have to have a c-section. I didn't get a chance to talk with them about details, but had a message left for me on Friday. I was a bit upset today when I tried to call and both doc and nurse were out of the office. I figured I'd just call them back tomorrow. I got a knock on my door this evening and it was the nurse! She had biked over to see me (she knows my landlords and we'd discussed how she lived right down the road from me) to talk about everything. She really made me feel so much better about the possibility of a c-section, I can't even comprehend. She said they'd try to schedule it as late as possible to wait and see if baby would flip before then. I'm due the 30th, and we were thinking the 26th. She talked about how the doc would use as few drugs as possible and how the doc had performed a section on her own daughter after 27 hours of labor (her baby was a little champ of a breast feeder). The nurse herself had been delivered by the midwife I'd been seeing. She understood that this isn't what I had wanted, but the next best option wouldn't be so terrible. We talked about breastfeeding, which I'd been concerned (see thread ) about and she mentioned the breast feeding consultant that I'd met a couple of weeks ago and how great she was.

I just feel so overwhelmed that there are still such kind and caring folks in the world. That she would come to my house and really talk things through with me off work. I just feel such a relief that I didn't think I could have considering things weren't exactly how I'd planned them (always a lesson in life when things don't go as planned-you'd think I'd be used to it by now). Things will be fine and I'll be holding my son shortly. I know people have said this, but how he got here won't even matter.
redrockband and PrimalJoy like this.
#83 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 05:49 AM

That is so wonderful, Farmes! That is rare to find a great group like that who really care and where you are more than just another patient. Her riding over in the evening was so thoughtful and I am really glad you are feeling at peace about things. There is still time for baby to turn but if not you are in good hands!
farmes94 likes this.
#84 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bah... I'm 40+3wks today... Intense cramping from 2am to 5am this morning with some bloody show and a wide open cervix ( not enough experience to say by how much for sure but guessing 3-4) and contractions were starting, but I was wasted so I went back to bed and everything stopped after awhile... Now there is a bit of cramping here and there but for the most part nothing at all and I still feel very wasted... looks like this will be a long one.... Reminds me of my first which was 72hrs and not the funnest thing.... Trying not to feel discouraged....

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#85 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
That is great to hear, farmes. I will still hope with you that your baby flips, but it sounds like you have a caring and respectful back up team, and that's a real asset. Looking back over my previous births, what I took with me was less about the medical specifics of how the birth happened, and more how the staff did or didn't treat me me with consideration and respect.
mareseatoats and farmes94 like this.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#86 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Ostc - that sounds so promising! I'm sorry you're feeling so tired, though. Can you talk to your midwife about things you could do to bolster yourself up? Or slow things down and go back to bed for a bit? I know with other children that can be tricky. It sounds like you are soooo close to meeting your baby, and I'm so happy for you!

Farmes, I think what Primal said is 100% spot on. And you sound much more at ease, which is great. It's really wonderful what the nurse did, I can see how your are feeling really touched. It sounds like you have the chance to have a really lovely, supported birth whatever the circumstances are. And if you do decide on another there are so many VBAC resources you can look into when the time comes
farmes94 likes this.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)

Last edited by mareseatoats; 07-15-2014 at 02:56 PM.
#87 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 11:45 AM

So I had my 40 wk checkup today... BP, urine , heartrate .... All good! Cervical exam (by choice) again and I'm an "easy 3 & 50%" it was even more painful than last weeks check. I also hAd abt 4 hrs of contrax last night from 8pm - midnight but then it stopped. Bloody show now. Didn't have any last week after my check so things must be more ripe. Scheduled for another appt next Tuesday if no baby be4 then. Drinking my 3rd trimester tea, walking later on when it cools down and planning on a good night sleep. Would love for baby to come any time now that I am officially "due"
#88 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 PM

OSTC- No way that two labors can be 72 hours, right? Here's to hoping that you progress steadily.

Blessed- I don't believe that I've ever heard 'cervical exam' and 'by choice' in the same sentence. Sounds like things are starting to progress, though; how exciting!

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so supportive these last week couple of weeks. This message board has helped me tremendously, especially with husband being gone for work a lot; thank you ladies.
#89 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Afm - I'm not noticing any physical symptoms of baby being close, except being lower, but I am definitely having more weird cleaning and nesting compulsions. I rearranged the living room yesterday, haha. Too bad moving a hide-a-bed didn't start my labor! Actually I'm only 38+3, so probably not quite ready. I'm hoping it happens next week, if baby follows what the other two did. I'll be having a cervical check "by choice" tomorrow as well! Curious to see if things have progressed in the last week, as I'm not feeling any contractions.

Does anyone else just not feel like they're really going to have a baby soon? I feel almost like I'm in denial, it just doesn't feel real at all. This while pregnancy has been like that. I hope it doesn't affect bonding with the baby :/

#90 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mares I'm right with you. I'm a few days ahead if you, but I feel like I have weeks to go. My baby is still really high and contractions are the same that they've been for months. I'm starting to get extra neurotic about cleaning and my usual reclusive pre-birth feelings are coming up pretty strong. This could last awhile though. I'm mentally not quite ready for labor, so I'm relishing this time while it lasts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page