Labor thread! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

#91 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Mares, it always feels like that to me! Like, I can't wrap my head around the idea that there's going to be a baby in my house...literally any time Tonight? Next week? Pretty sure its felt like that with every baby. Its such an abstract idea. Wash the baby clothes, set out the diapers, set up a pack n play (my 7yo came in my room last night and said, "why won't you just have the baby sleep with you instead of the crib?" thats the plan! the pack n play is just the one "place to set the baby when I need to set him somewhere" spot, and also has a changing table attached)but its still so weird. How am I at the end already? I don't think it will affect bonding to be in "baby denial". I think its sort of a normal thing the more babies you have. We have these other kids taking up our energy and time and we just have to go about life, business as usual, until all of a sudden another baby shows up. When its your first its easier to become pretty consumed with the excitement and prep. We're just too busy to pay more attention to our unborn babies than they demand. Once they're born we'll be as much in love as with any our other babies No signs here, not that that means anything. Although just a little bit ago I had a BH that was accompanied by a pinching feeling in my cervix. I sorta suspect it produced some cervical change, so thats nice I remember when I went into labor last time, I could feel my cervix opening with the contractions
mareseatoats likes this.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#92 of 142 Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
LilStar, thank you so much for taking the time to write out that reply! It really makes me feel so much better

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#93 of 142 Old 07-16-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
UGh, I'd been back and forth about being in early labor all day, and around 1 o'clock I get this feeling that I should go home, so I do. and then everything slows down. gah.
#94 of 142 Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelady View Post
UGh, I'd been back and forth about being in early labor all day, and around 1 o'clock I get this feeling that I should go home, so I do. and then everything slows down. gah.
I was abt to post the exact same thing! Woke up and had more bloody mucous come out. A lot, so I showered and did my hair. Took my oldest to have her bangs trimmed and then we drove the car through the car wash and vaccumed it out. All the while having deep low contrax every few minutes that were bad enough to waddle through. So we head home and I start some lunch and everything stops. Just ate and now going to lay down with the kids and watch a movie. *Maybe*things will pick back up in the evening.
#95 of 142 Old 07-16-2014, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am so glad to know I am not alone today!
I actually started some herbs last night in hopes of having a baby today. I had a body work appt, accupuncture and came home to herbs and contractions. But they never got regular enough or strong enough to stick. SO I went to bed for a few hours.

At 5:30 I was rooted out of bed by contractions I simply could bot lay down through. They were shortly 5 minutes apart and almost 1 min 30 seconds long. Good stuff! ...until of course I sent my boys to the sitter around 10 or 10:30. The everything stopped dead. Again.

I have been in and out of prodromal labor for a week now. I am SICK of this!!! Seriously.
I got a nap this afternoon until contractions started back up at 3:30-ish, again. could not lay down through them, again.
I did discover that changing up how I wear my support belt helps put more pressur eon my cervix but, WOW, they are intense for being less than true labor.

My midwife came out to check in and do a vaginal exam for me. I just wanted to know where I am. I know, I know, it means nothing. I just am nerdy about the data. Currently I am 3/3.5cm and 50% effaced. I honestly thought I was a bit more dilated but was right on about the effacing.

I was 39 weeks yesterday. I am ok with being pregnant as long as this baby needs to be in, but for the love of all things sane, can I STOP contracting like this. IT takes so much space in my head. And my littles get clingy and bump and bang and fuss and drive me nuts.

I think I will take some herbs tonight to calm contractions. Just so I can have some peace and quiet and SLEEP all night long.
I really wanted this baby today. It is my mama's birthday and I am very likely not ever having more bio babies. Thought it would be very special.
But tomorrow's another day...

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#96 of 142 Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 PM

Happy to see an update from you mamamem! I was wondering how things were going for you.

I guess I am in prodromal labor land as well now. I have never experienced this before. With my others once contrax started they kept on even if slowly for a day or two and then baby was born. This?!?! Is new to me. I feel silly having told hubs and kiddos twice now "this is it" and it obviously wasn't. I just assumed being my 7th I would know the real deal from false. O well! Living and learning

To cheer myself up after our nightly walk I baked some gf cookies filled with oats, punt butter, flax meal, vanilla, eggs, honey and salt. I could only eat one as they r very filling but it was so yummy! Very satisfying.

Now on to some laundry and then bed. I just have to keep reminding myself of how far I've come and these last days r very important for baby too.
#97 of 142 Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 PM

Oh! My midwife recommended I start the red raspberry tea but I figure it's too late in the game to help so ive only had one cup. Is it possible to see results from 3-4 cups a day at this point? Or should i have started long ago?
#98 of 142 Old 07-16-2014, 10:46 PM

Prodromal labor does a number on you! I had it for about three weeks before DS was born, every single night (except the one night we didn't have sex). I always felt like I would know when it was real labor, it would become apparent, you know? So no false alarms, but I never really believed I was in labor, even after my water broke! Even when I was timing contractions and they were less than a minute apart and loooong. It was kind of funny, really.

This time around I'm not having any! I asked for a cervical check and wish I hadn't - the midwife wanted to sweep my membranes? I'm only 38+4, yet she seems really concerned with me going over. Both the others were born at 39+4, so I really don't see the concern. It kind of bugs me she seems to have so little faith in my body. Luckily I do, I guess? I did order some RRL and EPO, but honestly even that feels unnecessary to me. I'm not particularly uncomfortable or anything! And I think we found our girl name I'm not going to say anything, though, because there have been so many times I thought we had found it and didn't! Maybe if I keep it a secret it will stick. (And I get SO ANNOYED by people who won't tell names, but I'm desperate!)

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#99 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 06:12 AM

Well, after having the cervical check yesterday (and she messed around with it a bit, because it was hard for her to reach so she pulled it forward (our bodies are so cool!)) I'm feeling contractions, although they're completely non-painful, just noticeable and maybe a bit annoying. It's been happening since last night. It definitely isn't labor, but it's a big change. I read that stimulating the cervix can lead to it starting to labor hormones kicking in. Anyway, I made sure DH knew to keep his phone on him at all times today. We'll see! I'm actually hoping to at least make it to the weekend, when my dad will be here.

#100 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 07:25 AM

Mares- that is odd abt her wanting to strip the membranes so early. Why is she concerned even if you do go over? I mean technically going over simply means the due date was off a bit, right? I am glad you know better and I too am sure your body is gonna do just fine when the time comes without any coaxing along

So maybe the cramps and all the mucous I had yesterday was simply from cervical irritation after my exam Tuesday bc I slept just fine last night and am feeling totally normal today. I'm abt to do my dvd workout which has a good bit of lunging and squats after skipping it yesterday as I thought it was the real deal and wanted To conserve energy.

I have a load of fresh squash to wash and use so I am thinking I will bake a big casserole and then work on some house cleaning. The floors need cleaned again along with the shower in the hall bath and the sun is out and beautiful so I am definitely lying out for a bit. It's my escape bc it's so hot out the kids wont follow me oh! And I need to reshave my legs lol just incase! I hope you all have a great day!!!
#101 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Mares-What does sweeping your membranes mean? It's making me nervous that you're starting to feel some contractions since we're so close in dates! I'm not feeling anything at all and am still high up (which I think is good if this baby is going to flip).

Sounds like Mother Nature is messing with everyone else! You all are so patient.

Tuesday I went to the chiropractor and today I went to the acupuncturist. I also have a doc appointment today as well. She really wants to keep an eye on my fluids as they are low. I am going to ask her today if the low fluids are what is maybe keeping the baby from flipping?
#102 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed#7 View Post
Oh! My midwife recommended I start the red raspberry tea but I figure it's too late in the game to help so ive only had one cup. Is it possible to see results from 3-4 cups a day at this point? Or should i have started long ago?
Drink a liter of it if you feel up to it. Raspberry leafs can lead to active labor as well. It is never too late to start it. Best at 37 weeks and a cup every day. Once you reach your due date start with a liter a day! I swear that stuff help facilitate my labors in the past.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#103 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmes94 View Post
Mares-What does sweeping your membranes mean? It's making me nervous that you're starting to feel some contractions since we're so close in dates! I'm not feeling anything at all and am still high up (which I think is good if this baby is going to flip).

Sounds like Mother Nature is messing with everyone else! You all are so patient.

Tuesday I went to the chiropractor and today I went to the acupuncturist. I also have a doc appointment today as well. She really wants to keep an eye on my fluids as they are low. I am going to ask her today if the low fluids are what is maybe keeping the baby from flipping?

Did you try the moxibustion? It sure helped some of my friends turn their breech babies

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#104 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 AM

I actually didn't know exactly what it was, because I've never considered it! It is apparently when they push the bag of waters away from the cervix, kind of separating them. At least that's what I understood after looking it up. And don't be nervous! I had no contractions at all until I was on labor with my first

Blessed (I still always want to call you lucky!) sounds like a good day! It's been really quite hot here, too. Supposed to cool off this weekend, I'm glad! You sound like you're in a great mind-space. Your house must be so clean! Mine is... Not. I try, but it's like I'm fighting against everyone else to keep it clean. I can't imagine how you do it with so many others.

#105 of 142 Old 07-17-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerva23 View Post
Did you try the moxibustion? It sure helped some of my friends turn their breech babies
Yes. He said he typically had good luck with flipping babies. The only time he didn't was when a baby had the cord wrapped around his neck. We shall see what the doc says. Baby had some crazy movement last night that I kept waking up to-wonder what he was doing.

Interesting, Mares. Why is she so concerned with you going late?
#106 of 142 Old 07-18-2014, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So I took the herbs the other night took a bit time and substance but they calmed and I could sleep. Thank God! I needed it.

Today I did errands and had another accupuncture session.
Seems it is paying off..
midwife is on her way out (more than 45 minute drive)
I am either dying or having a baby. NOt sure which I prefer just now.
I have labored plenty with the boys but WOW I forgot how intense this is. SOOO thankful I dont have to get in a car and go somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (67.4 KB, 19 views)

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#107 of 142 Old 07-18-2014, 05:49 AM

Good luck, mama! Can't wait to hear that baby arrived.
#108 of 142 Old 07-18-2014, 06:21 AM

Exciting mamamem! I hope this is it for you

I had a good bit of tightening last light but nothing regular and have awoke to blood stained toilet paper along with more mucous. The mucous I had Wednesday was not this color. It was More yellowish/orange. So I am dilating I guess? Was 3cm Tuesday afternoon. Hey! It's Friday and I have nothing else to do other than clean (again) so what the heck! Lol r u coming to meet us today baby girl?!?!
#109 of 142 Old 07-18-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Woohoo mamamem! Get that baby out!
#110 of 142 Old 07-18-2014, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Good luck, MamaMem and blessed!

Mares, it's so weird to see your posts - we had the same EDD and I can't believe that mine is on the outside. I admittedly miss being pregnant, miss the surprise of not-knowing, all of that. Labor is so exciting, and the exhaustion is definitely hitting now. (And I thought I was sleep-deprived BEFORE baby.)

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I found a recipe for Labor-Aid on Pinterest. One of the first things I had my husband do when I went into labor was to mix up a big pitcher of it - mostly coconut water, lemon juice, sea salt, and a few other things. We had ice in the fridge and I literally went through the entire pitcher of it before I climbed out of the tub. My labor was extremely quick and I was in a hot/warm tub for most of it as well as a few hours afterward, and it really helped with the nausea and shakiness. (After birth, I alternated cups of Labor-Aid with white oak bark tea and RRL tea.) Anyway, I found it really helpful.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#111 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 AM

Caledvwlch- I know exactly what u mean abt missing being pregnant and all the anticipation of labor. I feel that way each time. It's one of the ways I help myself accept the wait especially being over my due date. I know soon enough I will have bitter sweet feelings abt it all.

So here I am still - 40wks 4days - nothing ever came of the bloody show yesterday a.m. I had diarreah as well and some cramping but then nada. We did some running around and I got an adorable eyelet lace trimmed pink blanket. Baked more cookies after our walk which is now taking place at my sisters bc her driveway has such a nice incline. I enjoy pushing the jogger and really working my legs some. Actually abt to head over there now for more!!

I'm wondering if mamamem delivered ? ? ? Guess we will hear soon!

Id have to look way back to see who all is active on the thread still waiting to deliver which is a pain on my phone. If you have time jump in real quick with how many weeks u are! I'd love to hear from u all
#112 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM

38 weeks 5 days!
#113 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
39 weeks 6 days! No signs of labor, had appointment on Tuesday and there was no dilation. Don't think we will be making tomorrow's due date that's for sure!

Reader reading.gif married to gardener treehugger.gif expecting our first seed to sprout flower.gifJuly 2014!
#114 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
39w5d with pregnancy number 4 . Baby is still super high. I'd be surprised if baby came this weekend. Maybe next weekend?

Last edited by mamaBlue; 07-19-2014 at 10:52 AM.
#115 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post
39w5d with pregnancy number 4 . Baby is still super high. I'd be surprised if baby came this weekend. Maybe next weekend?
My baby is super high as well. C-section is scheduled for next Friday. I'd say if we let him go, he'd go late. Wish I could wait for him.
#116 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 AM

39w4d. If this were ds1, early labor would be starting this afternoon! dd would be 4 days old. ds2 didn't come until 41 weeks Hoping this little one doesn't feel the need to take after ds2!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#117 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 12:40 PM

39 weeks today! I realized my mind was waiting until after Mark's company party last night. As soon as we got home I was like, "I'm ready now!" Making some strong RRL tea and seducing DH at every possibility. I've been actually feign some Braxton hicks, so things are gearing up. The other two were born at 39+4, so we'll see I don't mind waiting a bit, but I'm excited.

#118 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 08:24 PM

soo..fess up, who else is obsessively analyzing TP hoping to see even a speck of pink?

#119 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 10:46 PM

Oh, definitely me!

And just tonight I'm kind of in agony - not contractions, just shooting pains in my pelvis. Enough it brought me to my knees a few times! I haven't had that before, but I know it's normal. I hit the RRL tea hard today, and we went on a walk around the lake (1.7 miles) so I am guessing it is from those things. Anyone else have that experience, though?

#120 of 142 Old 07-19-2014, 11:18 PM

Do you mean like the sharp pains front and center of your pelvis, where the bones join? I get a little of that once in awhile, but not too badly, and it happens most often when I'm in bed and get up to use the bathroom or something, or roll over. Seeing a chiro regularly has kept that in check pretty well.

I'm *all over* the natural "induction" techniques that really don't induce anything, have no real side effects, and the only real purpose is to give me something "to do" to make me think I'm "doing something" to"make" labor happen rather than sitting around waiting. Like, yesterday the kids and I rode the little train they have at a park nearby because its sort of a bumpy ride. Then today we went to the zoo because I figured walking around a lot would help. And then I picked up a frozen eggplant parm to have for lunch tomorrow And I've started getting serious about the RRL tea! A quart a day.. chuuuuug!!! I think baby got nice and low from all the walking I did today though, so that's something, I guess? Just wait, by morning he'll have floated right back up! Haha. I have yo-yo babies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page