Labor thread! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

#121 of 142 Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Nothing has changed with me other than feeling totally wiped out. Wish I had your energy mares and Lilstar. Still go on my mile or so "keep dog sane " walk most every day. Don't know what's up. I think I'm headed to town to get a burger/iron. Trying to keep eating good stuff. But it's mostly been cereal and fruit. I ate over a pound of cherries, 2 peaches, and a banana yesterday, haha. Napped and watched movies all day yesterday. My last weekend not being a parent hasn't been super exciting. Husband will be back on Monday finally. Had to tell him by satellite phone that we're having a baby on Friday.
#122 of 142 Old 07-20-2014, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi, I'm in the July and August DDCs, because my due date is August 4, but I have always delivered on or before 39 weeks with my other babies. So, I'm sort of hanging out in both, waiting to see what happens. :-) I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#123 of 142 Old 07-20-2014, 03:48 PM

Primal- you feeling anything since you usually go around 39 weeks?

Only a few of us left, here!
#124 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Is nausea normal around 39 weeks? Feeling a bit green, here.
#125 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmes94 View Post
Is nausea normal around 39 weeks? Feeling a bit green, here.
I'm not sure what's normal (it's my first time) but I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and also feel a bit sick. It seems to be worse if I don't eat but I don't have much appetite so I'm trying to make myself...
#126 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I actually have been feeling a bit nauseated as well. Also 39 weeks. I almost threw up last night! I was kind of hoping my body had secretly been in labor and was going through transition without me noticing. No such luck, though

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#127 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmes94 View Post
Primal- you feeling anything since you usually go around 39 weeks?

Only a few of us left, here!
Wish I could say I was! My uterus feels like it weighs a hundred pounds, such a heavy feeling, especially when I first stand up. Nothing like labor contractions, though. I think I have a good week left. Who knows, though? I never had prodromal labor with my other babies. I always knew pretty much from the first contraction that real labor was starting up (except for with DD, since my water broke with her at 38 weeks 3 days, and it took another day for contractions to start).

One of my childhood friends had her baby last night; I saw it on FB, and didn't even realize she was pregnant! She was 38 weeks, too. Now I'm full of jealousy that she's done and has her baby!

I'm actually doing alright waiting, though. Taking it easy and focusing on the happy.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#128 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I've been suspicious that maaaaybe something is a-brewin? Have had several, maybe 15-20 min apart (not timing) ctx that felt a little more interesting than a BH, just a teeny bit crampy, but not enough to need to stop what I'm doing, or pay them any attention. But, reasonably interesting to keep coming somewhat regularly just while hanging out at the park with my sil for a couple hours! I'm hoping its some kind of pre-early-labor and it'll pick up after the kids are in bed? That would be perfect

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#129 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 11:26 PM

Yay! Best wishes LilStar, hoping you're right and have a peaceful, happy labor.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#130 of 142 Old 07-21-2014, 11:28 PM

Meh, I had more contractions at the stupid park than I've had since coming home. Grr. But I suppose, I can't rule out going into labor tonight until I go to bed and wake up tomorrow still pregnant, eh?

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#131 of 142 Old 07-23-2014, 02:57 PM

This stage of pregnancy is like being dressed and ready to go somewhere, but not actually needing to leave for another 5 minutes or so. You don't necessarily want to do anything except sit around and waste time until its an acceptable time to leave the house. Its kinda how I feel right now. I don't want to do anything except sit in anticipation and be like, "is it time to go yet?" Only difference is, I have no idea how long!

#132 of 142 Old 07-23-2014, 03:14 PM

That is EXACTLY how I feel! What a perfect description. I really don't want to do or think about anything else. I moved from peaceful waiting to, "it's never coming ouuuut!" Last night some time, probably when I realized with my two previous pregnancies I would have had a baby in my arms this morning.

#133 of 142 Old 07-23-2014, 04:50 PM

I don't want to do anything, yet I still need the distractions to keep from going insane! We were going to have plenty of errands to run to kill some time, but my 5yo was *so* awful in my midwife appt that I just took him straight home and not make any stops anywhere that could be remotely construed as fun/interesting. So, that meant no stopping by the mall to pick up something we had for in store pickup, because the mall is fun and the item was for him. Even though it'll mean a complete waste of gas to make a separate trip out to get it later because the mall is real close to my mw! And also, no whole foods. Or BRU. Or stopping by my SIL to pick up some baby things I'm going to borrow, because they LOVE playing with their cousins and a "quick stop" inevitably turns into a playdate and I was THAT MAD at his behavior that none of this could happen. And I just can't bring myself to care how much My Little Pony the 3 of them have watched today.

So, my edd was yesterday and I've had 2 babies before 40 weeks and one at 41 weeks. I was hoping my "late" baby was my "fluke" baby and that my normal is to have them a little early. But it isn't to be so. Its 50/50 now! I'm horrified by the thought of going to 41 weeks AGAIN! There's the Big Latch On on the 2nd and I really wanna go with an itty bitty! If I hit 41 weeks..ehhh... I might be able to go with a 4 day old baby. but that's really pushing it.

#134 of 142 Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 PM

I still can't believe how great I feel for being over 39 weeks, other than needing naps. No contractions, nothing. Took work off starting yesterday because I couldn't concentrate and it's been super slow. Wanted to spend some time with husband so we went huckleberry picking and scored big. My dog was eating the berries right off the bush, haha.

Went to the doc yesterday and she got excited as she thought baby had flipped. I didn't get too excited and glad I didn't, just his butt down there!

Check in for c section is tomorrow. Go time is 6 am Friday morning. Hoping to get out of there as soon as possible. They're saying 36 hours. I don't want to eat the food, so thinking about bringing my own. I'm about to have major surgery and here I am thinking about the quality of the food. Typical.

Still have plenty of things to clean!! Anyone else or are you over it?
#135 of 142 Old 07-24-2014, 03:44 PM

@farmes94 -- I'll be thinking of you as you go in to meet your baby tomorrow! Let us know how everything goes when you're feeling up to it.

#136 of 142 Old 07-24-2014, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Yes, thinking of you Farmes! Can't wait to hear about your precious little one
#137 of 142 Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 AM

Also thinking of you, Farmes! So excited you are meeting your little boy tomorrow.

#138 of 142 Old 07-25-2014, 07:19 AM

I can't believe I'm still pregnant! Starting to go a little crazy.

#139 of 142 Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post
I can't believe I'm still pregnant! Starting to go a little crazy.
I'm actually kind of jealous! Mine's approaching two weeks old and just SO BIG WHY WHY WHY. I want to freeze time and keep him this small. My husband says I am in-freaking-sane.

Thinking of you, farmes! Good luck and easy recovery!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#140 of 142 Old 07-25-2014, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledvwlch View Post
I'm actually kind of jealous! Mine's approaching two weeks old and just SO BIG WHY WHY WHY. I want to freeze time and keep him this small. My husband says I am in-freaking-sane.

Thinking of you, farmes! Good luck and easy recovery!

You are not insane. mine is going on 4 weeks and I would love to keep him this small as well. He has already out-grown his newborn stuff and went up one size.Getting heavy and after 8 pm he gets into a feeding frenzy.

Wish you still pregnant ladies out there all the best and a wonderful birthing experience.

@farmes: hope eveything went well for you this morning and are doing lots of baby cuddling right now

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#141 of 142 Old 07-25-2014, 07:46 PM

Thanks, all. Surgery went well and baby is adorable. I'm in love.

Mares, your turn!
#142 of 142 Old 07-25-2014, 08:15 PM

Great to hear from you, Farmes! I'll do my best My mom and Step Dad are on town now, too, so I'm feeling a bit "watched pot", haha. My daughter said she had a dream about the baby crowning past night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page