Is a Sit and Stand stroller worth it??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-22-2014, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is a Sit and Stand stroller worth it???

My son will be 33 months when my daughter is born. Is it worth shelling out the money for yet another stroller, a sit and stand type where he can sit while we attach her infant seat or she is in the other seat? I'm guessing that we will only be able to use it for two years on the outside, given his weight. I'm guessing I could resell it for about 1/3 of what I pay, which is pretty good, but we already have a garage full of strollers so I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not. Anyone have two small children (or about to have two small children) and have you found a sit and stand stroller valuable??? I'm thinking of ordering the Joovy sit and stand specifically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-23-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think it depends what you are going to use it for. My daughter will be 34 months when the new one comes, and the only thing I can think of that I would use a double for would be jogging/walking for exercise. . But then we do not live somewhere that we can walk to run errands or anything.... If we did I can see how it might be useful.
#3 of 6 Old 06-23-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

We don't live anywhere where I could use a stroller on a regular/daily basis either since we're out in the country. I was envisioning trips to the zoo, festivals, or other weekend outings. We usually try to do something fun every weekend, so I guess that's fairly regular. Maybe we'll just try to get by without it initially and go from there.

Thanks for the input!
#4 of 6 Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
i have a joovy (bought it used) and i'm "meh" about it. its decent, it does the job, but its really frustrating that the storage basket is so tiny and impossible to access! I also wish I could recline the front seat a little more for a sleeping kid. I got it around a year ago, when I had a 4yo and 18mo. And now its sort of annoying to have that other seat because I don't want to push the 5yo and he sees the empty seat as an invitation, and sometimes the 2yo wants to sit in the back but i really prefer him to be in the front where he's a little more securely contained. Do you already have a stroller you're happy with for the toddler? I'd just use that and wear the baby

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#5 of 6 Old 06-23-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had a Graco one that converted from double stroller to sit and stand and I loved it. When My youngest was born, my other two were only one and two. I used it as a double before the baby was born, then converted it to the sit and stand when the two older got too big to squish them together in the back stroller seat. They sat fine together on the little bench or often I would have the baby in the front, one sitting on the bench and one standing up holding on. They liked it and the older two could switch spots. Once they got three to fourish, it was hard to get them to sit still on the bench and they wanted to get down and walk. It might be worth it for you if you think your three year old is actually going to use it. Mine never sat in a stroller for any good amount of time when they were that old.
#6 of 6 Old 06-24-2014, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not entirely convinced that my little guy will want to sit still on a stroller bench either, but he's been doing a lot of things to be like the baby lately so I'm wondering if he's going to just want to do or have whatever she has. I'm sure we won't be going too many places where I'd need one for the first few months that she's here anyhow, due to the heat, so I probably have a little time yet to decide. My husband keeps joking about the fact that I keep buying more stuff and saying, "I think I have everything I need for the baby/birth now" ...only to order more stuff the next day, lol.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page