Who else is bored? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Who else is bored?

I am beyond finished waiting... I truly have little to nothing to do to occupy my mind.
What are you all doing?

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Knitting! I didn't feel like knitting in the dead of winter in early pregnancy so am now trying to make up for it. Headed to the lake-it's hot! Spending time with hubby. Washing more cloth diapers that our neighbors gave us. Have you hit 40 weeks yet?
#3 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Staying active! I am doing my workout dvd each morning and also walking 5laps (1mile) with hubs and the kids most days. Its kept swelling down very well! Washing the sofa covers and baking home made casseroles. Going to mow the lawn this evening - again - bc all the rain we got has it shooting up!

39weeks 4days ! ! Lots of snotty discharge today. Super moon tonight! Not rushing it but I don't think it'll be too much longer
#4 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I am 38+5. I spent nearly 2 whole days this week in early labor. Went to the chiro last night and that helped baby wiggle deeper and into better position.
Dh is having fun with our boys today. They are newly 5 and almost 7 and driving me crazy. They bump and bang and step on my sunburned feet. I would love to spend the day with him but him spending time outside and away from from me with them is even more valuable...

Honestly, I dont want to go anywhere. I feel like hermit. My feet barely fit in dh's flip flops bc they are so swollen suddenly.
Bc of my placenta placement, I am either on my ball or laying in bed. Sitting up doing not much let's me feet swell more and laying down is down right painful.

Ok, Maybe I am just whiny~! I wish I knew how to knit. Then again my hand eye coordination at this stage is ... poor. I drop everything...

#5 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMem View Post
I am 38+5. I spent nearly 2 whole days this week in early labor. Went to the chiro last night and that helped baby wiggle deeper and into better position.
Dh is having fun with our boys today. They are newly 5 and almost 7 and driving me crazy. They bump and bang and step on my sunburned feet. I would love to spend the day with him but him spending time outside and away from from me with them is even more valuable...

Honestly, I dont want to go anywhere. I feel like hermit. My feet barely fit in dh's flip flops bc they are so swollen suddenly.
Bc of my placenta placement, I am either on my ball or laying in bed. Sitting up doing not much let's me feet swell more and laying down is down right painful.

Ok, Maybe I am just whiny~! I wish I knew how to knit. Then again my hand eye coordination at this stage is ... poor. I drop everything...
That's nice he is watching the boys for you to rest. Maybe doing some light walking when it cools off in the evening would help the swelling. I'm sure u r already drinking tons Of water.

How does the placenta placement affect the positions you are sitting in? Just curious..
#6 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed#7 View Post
How does the placenta placement affect the positions you are sitting in? Just curious..
So I had a complete previa that moved but is still very low lying. The placenta is posterior. When I even sit back in my dining room chairs, the heart rate plummets. S/He is simply putting too much pressure on the placenta and restricting it - hence the finicky posture thing. :/ The things we do for our babies!

#7 of 15 Old 07-12-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMem View Post
So I had a complete previa that moved but is still very low lying. The placenta is posterior. When I even sit back in my dining room chairs, the heart rate plummets. S/He is simply putting too much pressure on the placenta and restricting it - hence the finicky posture thing. :/ The things we do for our babies!
Oh, ok! I didn't know. Then that absolutely makes sense. I am glad it is no longer a complete previa. Yes, the things we do
#8 of 15 Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
37+4, nesting/cleaning like crazy mostly. Not really looking forward to work next week. I actually have nothing on my calendar, so it'll just be staring at the computer all day.... not a good plan. But on the other hand I have stuff I'd really like to get to the next week, but we'll see.
#9 of 15 Old 07-13-2014, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm 38+5 (wow, if this was my first pregnancy, I'd be in labor now!) and am keeping myself thoroughly distracted this coming week! Park play date planned for tomorrow, and chiro, AND I signed my kids up for 2x/week gymnastics that starts tomorrow. So, it will be a FULL day. Tuesday my kids start swimming lessons (yes, 2 activities that they're starting next week!) and wednesday is a midwife appt, more gymnastics, and yoga, and thursday another park play date. Maybe my body will go into labor just because once the baby is born I'm going to calm down and relax?! My kids won't miss out on their activities. Once baby is born, dh will take some time off work and it'll be HIS job to shuttle them to gymnastics and swimming One worry is, my 5yo, who does love swimming and playing in the water, is not excited about swim lessons Says he doesn't wanna go. He's an anxious-type kid and can have trouble adapting to new situations (claims he isn't going to kindergarten! He did well in preschool) In fact we have a referral for an eval and I need to call Monday to get that appt made! I'm hoping he warms up to it. Swimming lessons are a safety thing so I really want him to embrace them. Lessons are 1 on 1 and very brief, so hopefully the teacher can earn his trust.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#10 of 15 Old 07-13-2014, 05:20 PM

Lilstar- that IS a full week! I find myself not wanting to plan much outside the house. I am staying very busy around here just cleaning and spending time with the kids but we all have our ways of dealing with the wait I too have been comparing my other births timing with this one and if I follow in the steps of my first daughter and labor it would be tomorrow. If like my 5th it would have been yesterday. My 2nd and 4th? The actual due date which is this Tuesday and if like my last it will be 12 days AFTER Tuesday lol I have no idea what to expect other than the unexpected.
#11 of 15 Old 07-13-2014, 10:15 PM

Always something to clean! Spent 45 mins cleaning soap scum off tub. Madness! Next up, stove burners!

Somelady- sounds like my upcoming work week! Hard to focus at this point.
#12 of 15 Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ugh. I hate cleaning, and I'm TERRIBLE at it. I'm slow (pregnant or not) and that makes it so demoralizing Doesn't matter what it is. Scrubbing a pan I need to cook with that has lots of stuck/burnt on crap to it? I'll be struggling for several minutes and have plenty left to go, then dh will just come take it to me (and I'm happy to let him, make no mistake) and has it done in like a minute. Tidying up the downstairs main living area? (dining room, living room, and some unnamed area in between that gets used for lots of play stretch together into one giant room) just picking up and putting away crap off the floor is like an hour's work for me if kids have messed it up properly, but it seems like, give dh 15 minutes and he's like a tornado ripping through there! I hate that I'll work my butt off at something for 30 min and I can barely tell the difference. So, nesting is an exercise in frustration. I've been focusing most of it on trying to keep dishes/laundry under control (which is like running on a treadmill that's on its fastest setting!) and getting birthing supplies in order. I keep randomly remembering things like, how I really want new sheets or whatever.

So, getting out of the house is much more appealing! We've had 80s-90s this last little while and around here, no one has ac! I'm sitting next to a thermostat right now that says 81*..eek! Inside, at 10:15 pm. I'm pretty sweaty But..adapting. Going places means the car ride is air conditioned! and sometimes even the destination, haha. But being outside feels better than inside. We have no real yard to hang out in. And at home, the kids have WAY too much screen time. And fight. A lot. Ugh. So staying home all day can sometimes feel like torture, just waiting for the day to end. Next week is actually my ideal kinda week, because when the schedule is full it seems like we're all in such a better mood. I think having different things to do gives me a sense of purpose to the day. Yesterday we went to a fun kids' event they had at this place that.. for lack of a better description, is like an outdoor "mall" with a country feel (think chickens running all over the place) and all local/indie shops. Then berry picking. Then to a kangaroo petting zoo! The toddler fell asleep in the car on the way home around 7, or maybe even a little before, and slept all night till 8:30am!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#13 of 15 Old 07-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Always something else to clean indeed. I've spent the last two days trying to figure out if that's some sort of buildup on the toothbrush holder that can be cleaned off or if the finish is damaged and buckling somehow.... Made it through work today without too much trouble, found something that while not 100% productive should make things easier later. See if I sleep any better tonight, woke up this morning and went to bend over to get pants out of the drawer and my back just said nope! too high up to be contraction related though.
#14 of 15 Old 07-16-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soooo Bored! I work at a school so I have been off from work since the beginning of June, which was ok at first since we had out of state visitors for a few weeks. Got everything for baby set up and/or built last week. Now all that is left is cleaning which I have no motivation to do. Husband usually does his share but since I am not working it all seems to be falling to me which is making me more resentful than it should. It has been so hot here, 105 a few days ago now going towards the lower 90's so I can't do much out of the house. Due date is Sunday but we are not showing any signs that, that will happen.

Feeling way over emotional today and getting upset over every little thing, so it is a good thing I am here by myself. every little mess and unfinished thing is making me feel super guilty, and my guilt makes me mad at DH for not helping more! It is a vicious cycle. There is a realistic part of my brain that knows my hormones are having a field day, but that is not the side of the brain that wins out ever. Going to a movie tonight so hopefully that will perk me up a little. I am so ready for this little one to get here, and not ready at all! Ready for something to happen though, I am not a fan of having this much time on my hands.

Reader reading.gif married to gardener treehugger.gif expecting our first seed to sprout flower.gifJuly 2014!
#15 of 15 Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 AM

For those of you that are bored, check out this article in the NY Times about how crazy placentas are!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page