She is here!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 07-20-2014, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
She is here!!!!!

Our baby girl joined us early this morning @ 432a.m. She weighed 7lb9oz and is 19in long. Perfect and peaceful

Birth story I managed to throw together after 30hrs no sleep .....

I had a totally boring and uneventful saturday. We walked a mile and I did about 100 squats as usual 20 after each lap around. Felt more aching than usual down there but didn't think much of it. I showered and did my hair and hubs got a call to a side job so we rode along and then went by Walmart for a few things. Got home about 11pm and I baked an oven pizza for all the kids. DH put a dvd in and I worked on a little laundry.

I felt some sharp pains through my lower back into the front but only on the right side so assumed my pesky sciatic nerve. Then after about midnight I realized these pains were accompanied by some tightening. After all the false alarms I didn't get much hope up.

I sat down by DH and he immediately says "how r u feeling" I guess my face showed something might be up. I let him know *maybe* something was starting and we threw our bags in the car and then just continued watching things.

By 2oclock we had decided the regular pattern was promising even though pains were not intense and contacted my doctor. It's an hour drive to the hospital in the city so we worked on getting all the kids in the car. Took awhile! I had a big fear of a ca delivery so wanted to labor at the hospital seeing the delivering doctor wouldn't be rushing us. Left the house just before 3a.m and had to stop for coffee for DH. At this point things snap to a whole new level. Contractions are burning in my lower back a lot and I think I feel baby coming down some.

Flying down the interstate I stay leaned over the front seat with my head down not wanting to know how much farther we have to go. We arrive at the hospital at 4 and I get dropped at the door to head in while DH gets all the bags and kids. My oldest daughter went with me.

They luckily skip the triage getting me in a room and into a gown. My doctor is there by 420 followed by hubs and the kids. Contractions are now so painful and close (1min apart) I am unable to move or speak between. A quick check says I am 8cm and 100% Camera gets set up and just in time. My waters explode onto hubby behind me as I am on hands and knees in the bed. I flip to my side and on the next contraction deliver our daughter

She cries instantly. I cry as well. My children were right there at the bedside and I am so happy for that. Their faces. Priceless. Especially the 2yr old who's mouth was just wide open.

We are doing great! Nursing is off I a good start and my only complaint is the terrible after pains. Everyone is In love with her and I can't wait to get home and us all just rest and be together. We are being discharged in an hour at 15hrs post birth so I am happy

Can't believe it all started and ended in just 4 hrs. My fastest birth yet! Incredibly intense but I'm glad bc it kept the kids from having to wait long.

I will be checking in often still and cant wait To hear from all of you with your birth stories. Thankyou to each one who was there for me on this journey. I am so blessed and grateful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Oh wow! I'm so happy for you and your family! It sounds like your trip to the hospital was impeccably timed. Well done mama.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Aww! Sounds like you made it to the hospital just in the nick of time. You and your husband sounded so laid back.

I love that you kept up your normal routine until the end- doing squats until the day of birth!

Congrats. Enjoy your baby!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
That sounds so awesome! I'm so glad for you, that your birth was nice and easy and you are all happy and healthy.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Old 07-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Yay - so happy to see this!! Congratulations and welcome baby girl!

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Old 07-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hoooooooray!!!! Congrats Mama...what a story. I am so glad you made it in time and that all the kids were there to share in the experience. I am so thrilled for you...does your little girl have a name yet? I a so glad I checked in today...it has been a while and I must have vibed that something exciting happened! Enjoy your precious time with you little one and post us with her name. Lots of love, sister!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hooray!! So many congratulations on your new daughter and lovely birth! What a neat thing for your kids. I will miss your company on the waiting for labor thread, but so happy for you that you have your little one in your arms.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thank you all

I miss being on the labor thread Mares! It's so exciting waiting. I knew I would feel this way on the other side so tried to enjoy each day.

Yes, Farmes! I joked with the nurses it was the squats that did me in. But honestly it was just time. I did feel more energy that day For sure though. Glad I saved some for labor lol 5 days "overdue".

We have chosen not to share her name. Other than the activity I have had on here we don't participate in any social networks like FB or whatever and just decided to keep It to ourselves. Call us crazy

3 days old today! Milk has been in for 24 hrs thank goodness! She was very fussy waiting and her and the big brother are now doing wonderfully sharing nursing together.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Congratulations to your little baby daughter! After that rough start and all the worries, a much deserved happy ending.
I am a little sad as well about not being pregnant anymore but the cuddling time with baby makes up for the long wait. All the best to all of you! I admire you for tandem nursing. I don't think I would have the mindset to do it.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congratulations! What a wonderful birth. <3
Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow! great story! Congrats!