Past Due Date - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 of 5 Old 07-25-2014, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Past Due Date

My due date with my first was the 13th, so I'm now 12 days past due. I'm 1cm dilated, 50% effaced the last time my midwife checked me and have been experiencing contractions but nothing regular (pretty much the same it has been for weeks now). When the 11th came I started to get really excited and felt like it could happen at any moment, and now that I have waited for so long the feeling of imminence has weirdly lifted even though it is now more likely to happen than ever!

I'm not sure what I will try when I hit 42 weeks as far as induction goes, but I have been trying natural ways to induce labor (minus castor oil and black and blue cohosh) for a week now. My midwife has no problem with me being where I'm at now, and my son shows no signs of distress. People often comment on how tired of being pregnant I must be but really I feel great! I'm just ready to meet my son.

Has anyone else gone past their due date in this group? Or with previous children? Feel free to share your experience too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-25-2014, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have really similar feelings as you! I am not technically over due (tomorrow is my EDD) but both the others were born three days before their due dates and I was really expecting something similar. Now that the week is over I've somehow lost the "any time now!l" feeling and am just excited to meet the baby. I'm not looking forward to my appointment Monday, if I make it, because my midwife seems very touchy about going past dates.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#3 of 5 Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
mares, how did your appointment go?

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#4 of 5 Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks for asking! It actually went really well. I think she was really making sure to let me know she had confidence in my body doing what it needed to (I had asked the other midwife if they had a concern about me going into labor, based on some of the other interactions I had). Anyway, my cervix was really soft and baby was near 0 station. I thought I might have seen a bit of mucus plug today, but now I'm not sure. Hoping for a baby soon! I'm running out of nesting things to do.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#5 of 5 Old 07-29-2014, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Seems like your other two have made it quite comfy in there for your little one!

Jealous you got to all your nesting tasks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page