Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 07-27-2014, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Still pregnant?

So, who is still pregnant? Check in!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Me. 40+6. Pffft.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

40+5 here. 41 weeks even is my record, but I was in labor the night before. I see the chiropractor tomorrow, so I guess it wouldn't be so bad to wait until tomorrow night to have the baby. Labor will probably be quicker and easier after chiro than before. But if I don't go into labor tomorrow night I'll break my record! Gaaah! My mom is here for the weekend. She lives 2 hours away. She's going home tomorrow afternoon. It would be funny to go into labor right about when she gets home, just to inconvenience her and waste her gas! (okay, I feel a little bad about wasting my mom's gas!)

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 07-27-2014, 03:52 PM

41 weeks is my record, too. (It was AROM by my homebirth midwife, though, so who knows how long I'll go.)
Old 07-27-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still pregnant too. 39 +5 (due on Tuesday). My stomach has felt really hard all day, and there's lots of continuous pressure in my pelvic area, but actual no signs of labor... I'm so ready!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Me! 40+1, the "most pregnant" I've ever been by 6 days.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 07-28-2014, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh! Twice when I went to the bathroom this morning the TP was nice and "snotty" And then a little later it was a much smaller piece of mucus BUT had a couple reddish brown streaks in it!! WOOHOO! Perhaps tonight?!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:32 PM

Woo! That's progress, lilstar!

Me? I got nothin'.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:41 PM

Yay lilStar! Sounds like tonight to me Nothing here, either, Mamablue. I honestly get the sense my baby is really happy in there. I feel good, so that's okay with me for now. If I get to the weekend without a baby I might feel differently.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 07-29-2014, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Had my baby boy early this morning! 10lbs 3oz 21.5 ". So much for having a little one? Lol. Born at home.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM

LilStar!!!! Woooohoooo! That's a big little dude! I'm so happy for you. When you are ready, I know we'd all love to hear more about it.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM

I had a false alarm last night. And now I'm back to waiting.

Mares and Skate, it's just you two and me. Who will be the slowpoke?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

short version: had some early labor starting after Evan fell asleep, napped in between until they were 2 min apart, mw came and I was 8 cm. Pushing wasn't as long (I'd have to ask for the numbers) but felt like eternity. Right about the time I was about to start whining about how it felt like I wasn't getting him any lower, his water bag starts bulging out of me. So.. That provided some motivation. And was really weird. Had cord around his neck and needed some help breathing at first, but once he figured out breathing, he screamed for, no joke, over 30 min. Sleeping peacefully now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-29-2014, 10:51 AM

Yay, yay, yay, LilStar! I am so happy for you! He's almost exactly the size Malcolm was I hope I get to meet both of you sometime soon. In fact, if you need anything let me know. I can drop a meal by or something like that.

Mamablue - I seriously waver between feeling like I'm nowhere near labor and that it has to be any time now. How about you?

At my appointment yesterday my midwife was very happy with how soft and forward my cervix was. She said baby is -1, almost 0 position. Not much dialation (not that that really matters) with slightly bulging waters. Going back to drinking RRL tea today and hoping to meet this little one soon.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Congrats lilstar! I'm so happy you have your baby boy in your arms now and that everything went smoothly
Old 07-29-2014, 11:35 AM

Lilstar - Sounds like a relatively peaceful and quick labor and birth for a very decent sized baby. You are awesome. Sounds like you have a vocal little man, too. I like a baby with an opinion.

Mares - I feel like I've been waiting forever to go into labor. Last Wednesday (40+2) I was dilated to 3 and my cervix was super soft and has moved from way posterior to about halfway to anterior. I forgot to ask and she forgot to tell me about about effacement. Bulging waters. Baby was high and it's head likes to stay off to the right side. No engagement at all. We can easily scoot the head over, so my midwife is not concerned. Plus she thinks labor contractions will position it where it needs to be. My next appt is tomorrow and I'm curious about what we'll find. Head is still high, that I know. But my mucous plug has been gone for a few days now, so maybe more is going on in there.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post
Lilstar - Sounds like a relatively peaceful and quick labor and birth for a very decent sized baby. You are awesome. Sounds like you have a vocal little man, too. I like a baby with an opinion.

Mares - I feel like I've been waiting forever to go into labor. Last Wednesday (40+2) I was dilated to 3 and my cervix was super soft and has moved from way posterior to about halfway to anterior. I forgot to ask and she forgot to tell me about about effacement. Bulging waters. Baby was high and it's head likes to stay off to the right side. No engagement at all. We can easily scoot the head over, so my midwife is not concerned. Plus she thinks labor contractions will position it where it needs to be. My next appt is tomorrow and I'm curious about what we'll find. Head is still high, that I know. But my mucous plug has been gone for a few days now, so maybe more is going on in there.
Oh no! Don't tell me that! Guess this means I could be looking at being pregnant still this time next week. Maybe our babies will be clever and we can go into labor soon, and at the same time! It would be neat to know we were laboring together.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
congrats lilstar. what a smooth delivery for such a big guy. my 3 week old is about hat size and I cannot imagine birthing her at this size way to go!!

mares, ihad been thinking of you so much today that i thought i would come on here and hear tha t you had your baby...i guess you are still waiting though. i pray it will be soon! i can't wait to hear the good news...I will keep checking in <3

all the other mamas-in-waitng, i am hoping you all to birth soon as well. I can't believe mine is more than 3 weeks already. it goes by soooo quickly. savor every moment of the newness!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
Had my baby boy early this morning! 10lbs 3oz 21.5 ". So much for having a little one? Lol. Born at home.
Wow! Congratulations!

sortanerdy is still pregnant as well. She's not on here as frequently as I am, but I'm DYING for her to finally have her boy. We've been friends since high school and it was really neat to unexpectedly be going through the same experience at the same time.

Thinking of you, mares and mamaBlue and skate!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 AM

Well, I just woke up and I seem to still be pregnant.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post
Well, I just woke up and I seem to still be pregnant.
Yeah. Me too, Mares. Me too.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
haha, yep.

i woke up at 4am convinced that i needed to clean the toaster oven RIGHT NOW. and then i made some soup with some on-their-last-legs veggies and did a bunch of other cleaning. had some mild contractions/tightening that i thought MIGHT turn into something, but now back to nothing but waiting...
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM

OH MY GOODNESS HOW AM I STILL PREGNANT? Totally over it today. I'll buck up tomorrow.

Skates - I bet you're having your baby! It has to be a sign. I woke up at 4am convinced I had to wash my sheets right now with DD the day she was born.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Did I miss an update from mamamem? I'm not sure if she is still pregnant or already had the baby...
Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 AM

If I'm remembering correctly she had her baby quite a while ago.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Ladies, I graduated the club. Baby boy was born at home last night. 9 pounds. Gigantic 15.5" head. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. A pound bigger than my next largest baby. But it was the head that was brutal. Ow. I'm still processing. Happy it's over. My son is awesome.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

oh wow, congrats! That is a massive head, wow!! that does sound rough. both my 10lb babies had 14.5" heads and the 11lber was 15". 15.5 is huge for a "little" 9lber!

Old 08-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post
Ladies, I graduated the club. Baby boy was born at home last night. 9 pounds. Gigantic 15.5" head. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. A pound bigger than my next largest baby. But it was the head that was brutal. Ow. I'm still processing. Happy it's over. My son is awesome.
Yay!!!!!! Congrats, mamaBlue! Way to go! My first two were little babies with big heads; you're a hero! Let us know more about how you're both doing when you feel up to it. So happy for you!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Congrats Mamablue! Hope you are recovering well and enjoying your new little one.

I missed Mamamem having her baby too...now I have to go back and check. I remember her being really ready for a long time, but never caught the announcement. Darn.

Mares, hang in there..I have never heard of anyone being pregnant forever. It will be soon, I know you don't have long. I am thinking of you every day, sending you encouraging thoughts. This baby will likely be very mellow and laid back...it is always the ones with the super mellow personalities that hang out in the womb a little extra long...so maybe it is a blessing :) Sending you birth vibes!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Just looked back at MamaMems posts and it seems she went in to labor on the 18th, but hasn't posted since. Hope she is doing well and that everything went okay.

User Tag List