Thane's story... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2014, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thane's story...

Okay. I'm very late, but finally have a short version of our birth typed out. So here's Thane's birth story:

Thane Lawrence was born on July thirteenth. Here's the funny thing... when I first called my midwife last October, I told her my edd was July sixteenth. I told her the full moon was on the twelfth, and most of my babies are born on the thirteenth, so to schedule me for 1am on the thirteenth.
Fast forward.
Early morning on the twelfth I went to the bathroom and realize I had bloody show. Contractions were few, but I wore pads all day. My midwife lives about seven hours away, so we asked her to be here early evening, around boys' bedtime. Well, she got a very late start.
Evening came and contractions started up. Boys went to bed with the promise that we'd wake them up when baby came.
The contractions never got overly intense or very regular, but around eleven I knew it was getting close. The midwife was stuck in construction work, so I had John call my little sister in case any boys woke up.
The most uncomfortable thing was the very full bladder feeling I had with my fourth baby whose water didn't break till his head came. This one hadn't broken yet, either.
At a bit after one, I knew pushing was close, but I had to go to the toilet so bad, I asked John to help me one last time before the midwife arrived.
As soon as I sat on the toilet the pushing urge hit. I slid off the toilet enough for John to catch the baby as he was born in one gigantic push, in caul. There was no crowning, pushing shoulders, etc. Just one mighty push.
I grabbed him up and said, "Oh, I love you!"
I was so happy to have it over with so easily. His cord was twice around his neck, so we slipped it off. He cried his first cry as the midwife flew up the stairs.
It was 1:11am. I gave her a hard time about being ten minutes late.

Thane is a sweetheart, and has fit well into family life. Recovery has been amazing.
Wish I could figure out how to get a picture attached!

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Sorry to DDC crash, but saw this on new posts and had to pop in to say I love your son's name and birth story! Congrats on your new little one.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! That means a lot.
It's taking me a bit to get used to his name. It took us four days to decide, and it's one my husband finally picked out. It's growing on me, for sure.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Aww. What a great story! So interesting how you knew what day he'd arrive. Sounds like you had a great labor. Congrats.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
That is SO cool! I'm so happy for you. And in caul, too - how amazing.

E-fistbump across the distance - we both had UCs with our boys on July 13th! (I'd also been joking that the 13th would be a cool birthday, because my older child is also a 13th baby!)

Enjoy your recovery!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
wow great story! and name! congrats! hope you are enjoying every minute!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Caledvwich, that's so neat we both had our uc's the same day. This was my fourth baby born on the thirteenth, plus my own thirteenth birthday.
And my husband is now tied with the midwife for number of babies caught. She's missed three of our six births.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetestday View Post
Caledvwich, that's so neat we both had our uc's the same day. This was my fourth baby born on the thirteenth, plus my own thirteenth birthday.
And my husband is now tied with the midwife for number of babies caught. She's missed three of our six births.
That is so cool. So many thirteenth babies! My husband and I have the same number-date but different months and not the thirteenth.

I joked about us just having a UC for our next one. The look of panic/disbelief on my husband's face was hilarious (partially for a repeat UC, partially at the idea of more children).

Did you at least remember to wear your birth beads? I totally forgot them in the chaos!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Congratulations! What a great story--and I love the name, too! It's funny how it takes a while to get used to calling them by their names. Mine feel right, but occasionally I still wonder if we should have gone for something else, mostly because we thought about them so much that now it seems strange to have the matter be settled. I hope you're enjoying your babymoon!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledvwlch View Post
That is so cool. So many thirteenth babies! My husband and I have the same number-date but different months and not the thirteenth.

I joked about us just having a UC for our next one. The look of panic/disbelief on my husband's face was hilarious (partially for a repeat UC, partially at the idea of more children).

Did you at least remember to wear your birth beads? I totally forgot them in the chaos!
I didn't remember, BUT they were hanging up in the bathroom right near where I gave birth to him.
My sister came in and said, "What is this, some kind of birthing rosary?" Ha, ha! We're not even catholic.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Congratulations! Such a great story. I love the accidental UC births. I kinda secretly hope for one.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations! great story :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Congrats, what a great story and wow that's amazing that you knew when he would come. So cool.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14

User Tag List