Miss Willa Skye! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Miss Willa Skye!

Sorry, ladies it has been a bit busy and I have not had much time to get back on the computer the last 2 weeks, lol!

On Monday July 28, I had an awesome "natural" C-section, complete with immediate skin to skin, breast feeding with in 6 minutes of being born, and holding the baby the entire rest of the surgery.

It is not my ideal way to birth, but it was definitely a wonderful compromise.

Miss Willa Skye came into this world at 7:12, weighing a surprisingly small 7 lb 5 oz. I was at 41.5 weeks and had 2.5 days of fairly constant prodromal labor, so I was confidant she was close to getting ready to come on her own. She is very happy and chill baby, just loving being held by all her big sisters.

My uterus was a bit crabby adn did not want to stop bleeding, and I ended up VERY bruised (from my thighs to belly button) from "leaked" internal bleeding, but it stopped before we left the hospital at 48 hours. However at 7 days PP I managed to tear a few stitches and that pooled blood came pouring out, which resulted in a trip to the emergency room, where they placed a drain I am on a super restricted activities plan (which is KILLING me), how ever it is still draining But I do feel way better since that happened.

Dh is out of town this week and I am managing all 6 on my own pretty well. But I sure do miss the extra help!
http://www.pullmanregional.org/new-arrivals/willa-skye

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#2 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
She's beautiful! I love her name. I can't believe you're managing 6. You have a few older ones to help with lifting while husband is out of town, right?
#3 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
What a sweetheart! I am glad your C was as natural as it was, but sorry you had to go through all the bleeding and tearing and such. I hope you are now recovering well. And hope the older of the 6 are helping mom while dh is away. Take it easy and enjoy your beautiful little girl!

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#4 of 8 Old 08-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Welcome Willa! Mama, I'm sorry to hear that you had a few complications after her birth. I've never heard about a c-section being so bonding friendly. That is awesome!

I hope that you are able to rest while your DH is gone. I have 5 kids and my hubby went back to work on day 4. It wasn't easy. Is there anyone that can bring you meals or do laundry for you?
#5 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Congratulations! That is a great name. And she is precious I too am sorry to hear the csection didn't go as smoothly as the others but so glad you are home and doing better!

I had my gallbladder out after #4 and the healing was rough. My girls did help out bc dh went right back to work. I needed a lot of help after this babe (#6) as well and my girls are still helping! Hopefully you have a girl or two in the mix bc my boys simply play and destroy lol!
#6 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Oh my goodness, what a cutie! She already looks like a grown up baby! I hope your healing is coming along well. I can't imagine taking care of all of those kids on restricted movement--hopefully your dh will be back soon!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#7 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you all! She is pretty happy and easy going, except for being a big time puker. My # 2 and #3 were pukers too, so I can deal with it, just was not not to the last few babies. My oldest can be lots of help, but she is working full time+ (it is harvest so she is working 16 hour days on average, I barely see her), but my #2 is an aweosme helper and #3 is pretty good. I do have some help with meals and chores, but my main helper - our retired cattle boss/next door neighber/stand in parent and grandparent - fell this morning and hurt himself badly and is in the hospital! So the kids have his chores to do too. My dh made 4 meals over the weekend, so I don't have to do cooking other than heating stuff up.

I am feeling better now, so it is even harder to not do anything But I really would like to heal up, so I am trying hard to "follow the rules"

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#8 of 8 Old 08-21-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Congratulations to your beautiful baby daughter! Hope your healing will progress quickly and the same for your neighbor.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page