Mothering Forum banner

I still check in!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  farmes94 
#1 ·
I still stop in every now and again hoping to see someone! I hope all is well. Crazy how time goes.

#2 ·
Hi,

was just wondering the same thing. The group last year was awesome but it seems like not a lot stayed - busy with real life I guess.

Little update here: DS is growing fine. He is standing up and trying to walk holding on to everything. Says mama and mma (=grandma), he is a quick crawler and eats tons of food. laughs a lot and smiles at everybody. Such a happy little camper! I am still bfing on top of his regular meals. Just peachy so far.

How are you doing farmes?

#3 ·
I have not checked in since a few weeks after Sully's birth. In fact, I dont think I ever even wrote out his birth story. :(

I came today to see if anyone could help me. I dont remember which mama we sent out birth beads to, but I need to get ahold of her. A package from etsy was shipped to her and I am hoping to reclaim it. :) Apparently I have not bought anything from etsy since I bought the beads and the address never got changed in my acct.

(in case you are curious here is a brief recap of our birth. I started labor at 39.2. Labored awesomely - thank you hypnobabies <3 - for 24 hours. That included 3 hours of active pushing. I reached the point of knowing this was beyond me and we transferred to the hospital for what became a c/s.

During surgery I lost too much blood. Then continued to bleed internally. In all they gave me 6 units of blood in the 36 hours after his birth. I truly nearly died. It was touch and go for a few days. I dont remember most of that.

Bc of the blood loss, this formerly donating milk mama, is now raising a baby 100% donor dependent. He was 10 weeks old when I was cleared to try relactating as my milk had not come in at all and I was too sick to put energy and resources into trying beforehand. I did everything there is to do and got to a whopping 5 oz a day. That was the best I could do. The meds made me gain over a pound a week ad showed no sign of stopping. I pumped for the last time when he turned 6 mo.

This journey has been so different than one would have ever expected! Here is picture of Sullivan at 6 mo.He was 9 mo yesterday. He learned to army crawl on Friday. He does not eat - except crumbs from the floor and he gets frightful bellyaches from that wee tiny bit. In fact he just vommed! (I had another who did not eat till 14 mo old so not so shocking)

Attachments

#4 ·
Wow, first let me say you have a wonderful baby boy there! This is surely not the average birthing story one hears, so very heartbreaking and it must have been hard for your entire family having you on the brink there. I am glad that you recovered and the healing will continue as time passes. Gorgeous and healthy babies should make up for any hardship endured.

#5 ·
Hello all!!! :smile:

I myself have not been on mothering in quite some time. Probably not since back in the fall. I do think of everyone often though and recall the long days of my pregnancy on bedrest and then also when I was able to be up and moving again very fondly. I so enjoyed checking in daily then and hearing from all of you. I also checked in in the first weeks as well but as baby girl grew and life got back to it:s busy usual self I just never got around to anything other than what had to be done.

Much time has passed since then and I am happy to say that my hands are free more often than not and I would love to become more active with this group again. My family as a whole is doing very well and we have the older ones (13, 10 and 7) schooling at home again where they were in private school last year. The little ones (5, 2 and 9months) need alot of attention and care so I spend most the day close with them. I am still an OCD clean and tidy homekeeper so that our small home can stay orderly with the 8 of us :) We have the two older boys sharing a room and the two older girls sharing a room and the baby boy and girl cosleep/roomshare with us. I love it!

Baby girl has been EBF since birth but is starting to dabble with yogurt, cheese, pasta and eggs. Anything else she has turned her nose up and has no interest! LOL She started crawling just before 6 months and then pulling up shortly after. She can stand beautifully now and should be walking any day. All our others were walking by 9 months so I am not surprised! I am loving learning all about the Cancer sign first hand with her! SO many emotions to show and so passionate about each one. She is madly in love with her daddy! Our other daughters enjoyed playing with him and being held by him but this little lady is absolutely crazy about "dada". I don't mind it a bit bc I didn't have a close relationship with my father at all and still don't so it warms my heart to see her nurtured by both of us.

Now, how about all of you?!?! I hope that others check in! Anyone feeling the desire to have another?? Any exciting news to share?!?! I hope that everyone is doing well and I will be back to check in more often. Promise!!!

#6 ·
Hi all,

I've checked in a couple times as well. It's good to hear from all of you and I hope others chime in too.

Our little guy is just awesome. He'll be 1 in less than 7 weeks. Wowzers! He started walking about a week ago. He is still reluctant to walk without holding onto our hands, but he's totally capable. I'm sure he'll take of running in a week or two. He skipped crawling, no matter how much we tried to talk him into it.

He's quite the ham and LOVES to be outside. His new favorite thing is the sun. We have a few sun's hanging up in and outside of our house. He looks at them, smiles, and waves and we sing the mr sun song. The other day we were out shopping and there were a bunch of sun flags. He saw them, squealed with delight and waved to all of them.

As for # 2, we are planning on giving it a go this fall. DW will carry this time.

#7 ·
This popped up in new posts! Connor will be 9 months in a couple days. He's huge. I suspect closer to 30 lbs than 20. Ouch! He crawls and pulls up and cruises. Loves climbing the stairs and sampling food.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

#8 ·
Im doing well! Just finishing up breast feeding my son. Stopping sure is bothersome- lots of lumps and leaking. My son doesn't mind, although he has lots of sensitivities to food. Have to make our own goat milk formula. He's a happy guy even though he is often itchy. Not interested in crawling but wants to walk! He is a joy to have. I would love another (I wish my partner could carry...) but being a crazy pregnant lady is still too fresh and I'm just now feeling like I have the strength I had pre pregnancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.