Mothering Forum banner

symptoms?

3K views 160 replies 41 participants last post by  berrypavlova 
#1 ·
What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? I'm super emotional lately. Like when I read this morning that our national parks were open I burst into tears because I was so grateful. I should add I haven't been to a national park in a year, and I don't have any plans to go. And I've got some insomnia going on, which really sucks considering I just want to go to sleep at 8 every night, but I can't.

Reactions: southbaymama
#102 ·
Woke up at 5 AM with my first neausea of this pregnancy. I felt my empty stomach and HAD to get downstairs and eat something. Seems like I'll sleep with crackers on my bedside table tonight.

I just turn 6 wks today and I wish not to tell my co-workers and boss before at least 1 more month. I'm so slow at work though it's crazy how I'm not productive. I hope it will get better soon.

Also I can seem to drink enough water... I feel so thirsty all the time, I will have to start bringing water with me everywhere, my commute (half an hour) was so hard this morning I couldn't wait to arrive to drink.

#103 ·
Feeling all your pain! @WonderFull - the nauseatingly feeling has been crazy! It's jus when I don't eat. Last night we were too busy socializing and before I could eat dinner- I was just dry heaving until I ate.
Also I'm so exhausted- sleep nine hours a night and take an hour and half nap everyday.

I can't imagine what it's like for you mammas that have to work 40 hours a week- my hat goes off to you! I'm still working just 20 hours and hubs is studying distance and basically cooked every meal since we've found out.

Also I only want to want to eat food that is "juicy" - toast sounds awful and usually we cook with coconut oil and I can't stand the smell now!!!
But the joy of carrying life is amazing
smile.gif

#104 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratefulgoddess View Post

Feeling all your pain! @WonderFull - the nauseatingly feeling has been crazy! It's jus when I don't eat. Last night we were too busy socializing and before I could eat dinner- I was just dry heaving until I ate.
Also I'm so exhausted- sleep nine hours a night and take an hour and half nap everyday.

I can't imagine what it's like for you mammas that have to work 40 hours a week- my hat goes off to you! I'm still working just 20 hours and hubs is studying distance and basically cooked every meal since we've found out.

Also I only want to want to eat food that is "juicy" - toast sounds awful and usually we cook with coconut oil and I can't stand the smell now!!!
But the joy of carrying life is amazing
smile.gif
The nausea sucks!

Thursday's are the worst for me because I have a very looooong commute into the office. (90 min each way) so I got home late and had a mexican'ish dish from whole foods... white rice, chicken, guac, sour cream..... and it did not go over well I felt more nauseated and just awful so I just laid on the couch the rest of the night.

I'm not yet at the "joy of carrying life' part lol... after I get through this part I totally will though.

#105 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post

Chlorella detoxes heavy metals very effectively - is it okay while pregnant?
I thought the same thing, but apparently chlorella detoxes heavy metals in the intestines..? (I am not completely certain, and can't find it online). The recommendation to take it came straight from a reputable naturopathic nutritionist and friend. I did find this online, though:

A Japanese study with healthy pregnant women found that taking 6,000 mg of chlorella per day during pregnancy significantly reduced the amount of dioxins in breast milk compared to those not taking chlorella (a 40 percent reduction). Additionally, the study also showed an added immune benefit in that the sIGA of women taking chlorella was higher in their breast milk - meaning their children got better quality immune support.

#106 ·
I am starting to find a little rhyme and reason to my symptoms. Nausea is still hanging around, but it's accompanied by extreme hunger first thing in the morning at 6 am and again around 10 am. Now, I eat a full breakfast and take all my vitamins/mixes first thing. Then, at 10 am I take my "lunch break" to satisfy my craving for mushroom and avocado omlettes...no more vegan for 8 months it seems. That's okay with me though--baby is the boss! The new thing that really makes the days a challenge is the difficulty breathing. I have chronic asthma, but it hasn't bothered me for years since I was an athlete. With this pregnancy I feel like every breath is laboring. My office is probably wondering why I am constantly taking enormous gasps of air and sighing all the time. Still going to try holding off for 3 1/2 more weeks until I announce the pregnancy at work, though. I'm now rounding the corner to 7 weeks.

#107 ·
So my boobs are getting larger... but it appears my right one has grown faster! Has this happened to anyone else? One larger than the other

:nut

#108 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitanamama View Post

7 weeks along (I think...) and this sucks!! I'm nauseous all the time, and my food aversions are so strong that it's hard to find anything that will go down. I threw up in the sink while trying to make DS some toast-- the poor guys is going to have to live on string cheese and fruit because it's the only things I can "prepare" without hurling. The nausea wakes me up at 5 am every morning, and I can't get back to sleep-- even though I make myself eat some greek yogurt in the middle of the night to keep my stomach full. The only time I feel ok is in the shower or bath, so I've been living in the bathroom, and DS has been watching way more shows on Netflix than I want admit. I've been drinking lemon water to try to clean my system, and lemon popsicles are the only thing that consistently sounds good, so that's basically my diet at this point. I bought sea bands yesterday ( the anti-nausea bracelets) but they don't really seem to be working. :/

The idea of this lasting another 5 weeks is unbearable-- I try not to even thing about it and just keep praying that the nausea will end sooner than 12 weeks! I've had three miscarriages, so I'm glad that this seems to be a "healthy" pregnancy, but it's hard to feel excited when I'm so miserable. Can anyone relate? I'm trying to stay positive and take things one day at a time-- just focus on anything I can do in the moment to feel better-- but this is so hard!
The nausea is awful here too! It eases off for a day and I think hooray it's finished, only to be back again shortly after! I am 10 weeks and had hoped by week 9-10 due to the placenta taking over hormone productions etc that it would have stopped the nausea, but it doesn't look like it
:(
I feel too sick to eat but know if I don't eat it will get worse, but one time I did eat still and then I vomitted, so I'm afraid of that happening again, so far it's only been once.

It's even harder because I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet, so I can't be like 'I feel so sick, please give me a minute' I'm trying to hide it all. This has been since week 6, fingers crossed it will be gone in 2 more weeks at the 12 point mark or sooner!!

Also very thirsty as someone else mentioned, drinking more water.

Today I read at 10 weeks the uterus is the size of a grapefruit, so I'm a bit worried about starting to show soon an thinking of buying some baggy sweaters to cover it if I do, but as I'm already overweight it seems to be well hidden so far.

Hoping we all have a less nauseous day today
:1praying

#109 ·
Aw snowydays, I'm sorry the nausea has gotten better by now. I started taking Unisom and Vit B and it helped a ton with the nausea- I was at the point of not being able to function or hold down anything but liquid. I still have really strong food aversions- pretty much all food sounds disgusting to me, but at least I'm able to eat cold cereal. And I still feel....blegh. I had an ultrasound yesterday (I have a history of losses) and it dated me at 7 weeks today. I was hoping I was farther along--closer to the end of this! I'm having a hard time feeling connected to this pregnancy- not sure if it's because of my previous m/c, the hormones, or feeling crappy, but I hope I come around soon and begin feeling excited and attached. :/

#110 ·
ugh, 8 weeks today and the nausea has finally started. it's not terrible (i haven't thrown up yet), it's just a low simmer of constant blegh feeling. and everything i usually eat makes me want to gag. especially eggs and fruit, strangely. i usually love apples but the tartness of just disgusting to me right now. four more weeks...

#111 ·
Eggs have been a hard one for me too lately. I've been having general food aversions but not to everything. Since the bleeding began I've been trying to decide if I still have aversions and if smells still bother me but my mind is so focused and preoccupied that I can't really tell. I remember with the subchorionic hemorrhage at 12+weeks with my first son being so thankful that I at least had the constant nausea to assure me that I was still pregnant. Nausea sucks, but it's a good indicator of a healthy pregnancy.

#112 ·
So, I'm wondering if anyone out there is experiencing this symptom: soreness in the armpits. My breasts have been sore for weeks, I'm only 6 wks along, but the past few days my armpits have been so sore! I'm not sure if this is just an extension of the boob soreness...anyone else or am I just special? :)

#113 ·
Anyone else experiencing more symptoms with a second pregnancy than with the first? With my daughter, I had almost no nausea, no spotting, and very little cramping. This time, I haven't been throwing up, but I'm feeling slightly nauseated fairly often, and I've also had a bit more cramping and some occasional slight spotting. Breast soreness and fatigue have been about the same.

#114 ·
I've had felt sea sick off and on since 5 weeks, today I'm a little over 7 weeks and in the thick of all-day sickness. :) With my previous pregnancies I've never once thrown-up but I get to spend weeks on end feeling like my face should literally be green. I bought some seabands yesterday and I think they help a bit. Lots of ginger candy (from The Ginger People) and grapefruit izzies for me!

I was pretty amazed that I survived the weekend surrounded by my in-laws without anyone catching on. Had to choke down our family lunch today but I was pleased I conquered the soup without looking suspicious!

#115 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnarwold View Post

Anyone else experiencing more symptoms with a second pregnancy than with the first? With my daughter, I had almost no nausea, no spotting, and very little cramping. This time, I haven't been throwing up, but I'm feeling slightly nauseated fairly often, and I've also had a bit more cramping and some occasional slight spotting. Breast soreness and fatigue have been about the same.
Yes! With my ds I don't remember any symptoms really but this time I've had really sore boobs and bad nausea for 5 weeks now. I wonder if it's due to being older now or the baby may be a girl this time.

#116 ·
I'm definitely having stronger symptoms this time around. Feeling physically exhausted today, despite getting 8 hrs of sleep. It feels like my body is made of lead and can feel my heart rate race when I do simple things like vaccuum or pick up DS. I feel so weak and light headed, even though i ate this morning. Is this normal? I definitely didn't experienced it when pregnant with DS.

#117 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mease8 View Post

So, I'm wondering if anyone out there is experiencing this symptom: soreness in the armpits. My breasts have been sore for weeks, I'm only 6 wks along, but the past few days my armpits have been so sore! I'm not sure if this is just an extension of the boob soreness...anyone else or am I just special?
smile.gif
Yes, I have been experiencing that too especially on my left side.

#119 ·
My food aversions and queasiness are starting to subside, but I woke up to a sore spot on my leg where my pregnancy spider veins usually reside.

#122 ·
Hormones have been crazy!

I am usually very in control of my emotions and don't let myself feel "down" very easily. Last night I felt so negative and sad, I couldn't rationalize it so I just disappeared to the bedroom to cry--sobbing actually--until DH came to find me. It felt so strange to look in the mirror and see myself will puffy eyes in such distress. It was like my brain kept asking, "What is really wrong? Nothing! Why can't you stop feeling this way then?"

Very strange, but I am better now...for now. Definitely emotionally exhausted after that though. Any one else had this?

#123 ·
I'm 10 weeks today, and most of my symptoms have lightened up a lot. I'd be nervous, but I had an out of control yelling session at my poor dh yesterday, so I'm guessing everything is fine.

#124 ·
Emotions are also getting the better of me, but it's more on the "annoyed / furious" spectrum than the sad end of things. Nausea is wayyy worse today than it has been. I even threw up at work. Might not be able to keep this secret much longer
:lol

I also started getting a weird metallic taste in my mouth, which of course made me terrified until I could get home and google it. Turns out it's a first trimester symptom! Yippee!!

#125 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitanamama View Post

How's your nausea snowydays? My breasts are starting to feel less sore and I'm praying the nausea will start to taper off as well.
Dare I say the nausea is easing off again! For the past couple of days, so I stopped taking the B6 to see if it's just that helping or it's actually tapering off at last. I only stopped it yesterday, but today has been okay so far. How is yours now?

I have noticed extra cervical mucous since about 6 weeks. Anyone else getting that as a symptom? I hope it's normal.

#126 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowydays View Post

Dare I say the nausea is easing off again! For the past couple of days, so I stopped taking the B6 to see if it's just that helping or it's actually tapering off at last. I only stopped it yesterday, but today has been okay so far. How is yours now?

I have noticed extra cervical mucous since about 6 weeks. Anyone else getting that as a symptom? I hope it's normal.
I've had extra cervical mucous since I ovulated. I had a one week break from it around week 6. I still have nausea throughout the day it goes up/down none/low/moderate. I also am breaking out. I also have lots of pinching, breast achiness (my breasts have gotten much larger), and frequent night waking (sometimes just to pee). I haven't really had the exhaustion or the emotional thing. My patience is less but I think that's more of not feeling well.. I dont like when people make me feel more nauseous.

I am sorta feeling the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm almost at 10 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.