Pregnancy To Do Lists! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Instead of taking over the Halfway thread, I figured I'd bump this one up. I've finally started my lists and thoughts. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

Myself: Our biggest thing, which was SUPPOSED to be done before our LAST baby was born (ugh), is to finish our basement to a point where it's livable. It's close now, paint on the walls, most of the ceiling is up. We just need to throw some cheap rugs down for now, as we can't afford carpet yet, and grab some furniture. Mostly I'm just excited to get the play spaces for my daughter up and 'running'. Right now so many of her toys are in storage still :(

I also want to finish weaning my 23 month old. She's down to 1-2 times a day, but I'm pretty sure my milk is gone, and I am feeling so emotionally done. She's just not ready yet. We also want to get her sleeping primarily in her own bed. Right now she starts the night in her bed, and comes in with us after her first wakeup, between 11pm-2am usually. I'd love her to stay in her own room until more like 5, and then come in for snuggles. 

Ok, so our basement is as finished as it'll be before the baby is born now, I think. Ceiling and lights are in, we've got a couch moved down here, and all my daughter's toys are spread all over the place. lol. We MAY get an office area carved out, I really want to, but it's very money dependent, so we'll see. 

Tenley is officially and totally weaned! And we're working on her staying longer in her own room, and then once she comes into our room, she sleeps on the floor bed for a while, and is now coming in with us around 430-5am. I'd like her to stay in her actual bed until then, but it's only been about two weeks, so that's not bad for progress. She's also totally in underwear during the day now, and starting while we're out of the house too. I don't recall her having a daytime accident while in panties in a few weeks. 

*Purchase a few large rugs for basement floor

*get office area organized (even if it's just a cruddy old desk off craiglists for now)

*clean out spare room in basement (I'll probably put the pack and play in there for naps)

*rearrange Tenley's closet with room for new baby stuff

*purchase supplies and set up sidecarred crib in our room

*Finish moving dining/living areas around- sideboard into kitchen

*empty out junk from sideboard

*find solution for our overflowing 'toddler stuff' cupboard

*clean up laundry room! 

*sign Tenley up for Montessori

*decide on and set up changing area (We changed on the bed last time, but I don't love that

*put up art in our room and living room

*bring bookshelves from upstairs down into the basement

*get a baby book

*take more pictures!! 

*choose photographer for birth

*choose childminder for birth

*after we find out the sex, go through clothing and keep/sell

*attend clothing swap in April with good list of needs!

*Pick some names...

*order birth pool supplies (currently talking with some other mamas about sharing shipping costs)

*buy RRL and nettles and start drinking!

There's definitely going to be a more detailed list once we're about a month or so about, re: prepping the house for labor and postpartum, but it's too soon to wrap my brain around those! I also didn't put any of my 'baby purchase' stuff on there. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

We've sort of come to the conclusion that we'd rather move than do all the things that 'need' doing here .... so the new to-do list is "pack, purge, prepare" to list the house!

I've found most of the baby stuff, and the only thing that seems to need to be actually purchased aside from carseats is a change table/dresser of some sort. And, to go with the carseats ... I want to replace the 2nd row bucket seats in my vehicle with a bench seat. This is possible ... just trying to find only the bench seat in the right upholstery is proving challenging -- it's no longer made so it's going to come from an auto wrecker and they all seem to be selling the complete set of seats for the vehicle, which we don't need.

We got the seat ordered for the car, and it's enroute to our US shipping address! DH will pick it up on one of his trips to NY to ski or for work. :) Carseats for babes have arrived.

Basement finishing -- we got all the doors on, painted & latch/knobs on. Now just the trim around the doors, and the baseboards on the walls with doors need to be finished, and then I think that long project is finally done! (just in time to sell the house?)

~SynEpona~
Old 01-25-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Yay! We love Montessori. Just out of curiosity, and sorry to sidetrack the discussion, but how old are you planning your daughter to be when she starts? My son's been going since he was 2 years and 9 months. I felt like that was too young and that that it was more traumatic than beneficial until he was closer to 3 and a half, but his teacher is constantly raving about how beneficial that time was for him compared to the other young kids in the school (who started around 3.5). She likes to point out how he's "head and shoulders" above the other kids and how much more attentive and responsible he is. -- Personally, I like to attribute some of that to his awesome genetics and parenting, but whatever. :)  -- The only reason it's an issue is because I also have a daughter who's right around 2. I think one of the main reasons the teacher keeps playing up my son's advantages is that she's hinting that it would be good for my daughter to start in a few months, since I've already told her I'm planning on waiting until at least 3 with my daughter. I don't know. I haven't made up my mind. What's the customary age at the place you're thinking of sending your child?

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
Old 01-25-2014, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I thought I would join in on this thread.

Non-baby Related:

1.  Get married--baby "crashed" our original wedding plans--we are shooting for about 6 weeks from now, just the two of us

2. Get a haircut/color--discuss low-maintenance options with hairdresser--I can get it colored in 3.5 weeks

3. Declutter and organize in a major way--in progress. I've been posting on the 2014 in 2014 thread in the mindful home area of the forum

4.  Pay off/Refinance some financial-related items

5.  Finish scrapbook albums--anniversary album for my parents (half finished), childhood home album for mom (half finished), New Orleans Vacation album (barely started), Hawaii album (not even started), scrapbook important/favorite pre-baby photos before I never have time to do them again lol

6.  Deep-clean carpets

7. Prep the guest bedroom/bathroom for family staying after baby arrives--guest room is also my craft room so number 5 is making it messier ;)

8. Work (school librarian): organize storage and prepare what I can ahead of time (lesson plans, reading event decorations, bulletin board prep, contest prep, make orientation videos for teachers to show students while I am on maternity leave so time is not lost) to make it easier on me after baby arrives, submit paperwork for certification renewal

9. Find a way to check air-quality of condo we live in since it is old and upstairs neighbor had a major flood a year ago (worried about mold etc)--not begun

10. redecorate master bedroom

11. finish saving for down payment/start house-shopping

12, bank timeshare points so we don't lose them

13. enjoy going out to the movies a few more times, go to a fancy dinner for fiance's bday (fiance's pre-baby bucket list)

Baby-related

1. Buy/acquire baby items

2. Set up baby area in our bedroom, nursing area in the living room

3. Finalize maternity leave plans

4. Take hospital classes, cloth diaper store class

5. Set up day care (cloth diaper friendly, breast feeding friendly)

6. Find pediatrician

7. Decide on photographer for newborn/family photos

8. Scrapbooking: make a birthday album/journal for year 0 to 18, put together maternity album/journal, make a December Daily album for baby's first Christmas, buy some baby-related scrapbook supplies

9. Get a new camera/video recorder

10. Choose baby announcements to order after baby arrives, get address labels ready and postage (might buy it today since the price goes up tomorrow)

11. make/buy thank you cards

12. research how to best prep our pets for baby

13. increase my workouts

14. decide on birth plan/wishes

long list...

Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 PM

I'd like to have our bathroom floor done before the baby comes. We ripped up the old linoleum this past summer (except for around the toilet because that involves removing the toilet) and it's been unfinished since. We can't make up our minds if we want to just refinish the wood underneath or put down more linoleum. That and with it being 10' most of the winter there is no airing out the project anyway. I'd also like to go through the baby clothes and pull out all the NB unisex and wash them and organize them. Then there is buying diapers and the whole internal argument about getting NB diapers or just OS.  Other than that there isn't that much to do until the baby is 6months old and we try switching over to a crib for naps and nighttime (if that happens). Until, nothing really. We have a carseat from the last one that is in great condition and no where near the exp date. Just washing things and airing them out as we go. 

Old 01-25-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by researchparent View Post

Yay! We love Montessori. Just out of curiosity, and sorry to sidetrack the discussion, but how old are you planning your daughter to be when she starts? My son's been going since he was 2 years and 9 months. I felt like that was too young and that that it was more traumatic than beneficial until he was closer to 3 and a half, but his teacher is constantly raving about how beneficial that time was for him compared to the other young kids in the school (who started around 3.5). She likes to point out how he's "head and shoulders" above the other kids and how much more attentive and responsible he is. -- Personally, I like to attribute some of that to his awesome genetics and parenting, but whatever. :)  -- The only reason it's an issue is because I also have a daughter who's right around 2. I think one of the main reasons the teacher keeps playing up my son's advantages is that she's hinting that it would be good for my daughter to start in a few months, since I've already told her I'm planning on waiting until at least 3 with my daughter. I don't know. I haven't made up my mind. What's the customary age at the place you're thinking of sending your child?

They start here once fully potty trained and must be turning 3 by the end of that year. My daughter is a November birthday, so it's either start her this year at 2 years 9 months, or wait until next year when she's 3 years 9 months. She'll start kindergarden the year after that. My nephew is also starting this year, so they'll start together. It's the same montessori all my nieces have gone to, as well as DH and all his siblings. I'm liking the idea of her going this year because baby will 2.5 months, and I'll probably be spending a lot of time with him/her, and this way DD has something that's all for her, that the baby can't do. We're planning on doing mornings 3 days a week. She's never been in daycare, so I really am just looking for some more interaction and structure for her- learning to stand in line, listening, waiting turns, cleaning up after herself, that sort of thing. I could care less if she "learns", kwim?  She's very intelligent for her age, (she sees signs when we're out and about and starts reading the letters out to me), but just doesn't have enough interaction and friends. Hopefully this will fill the void once we're busy with number 2.  

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 01-25-2014, 06:49 PM

@onetwoten It sounds like Canada's cutoff is different from California's. My son is 4 and here the child has to be 5 when they start Kindergarten in September. Since he doesn't make the cutoff, he'll be almost 6 when he starts Kindergarten. (Well, IF he starts Kindergarten. I'm also considering leaving him in the Montessori school or unschooling him.) So basically, by starting him at 2 years and 9 months, he'll have had 3 full years of preschool before he's allowed into public school. However, it sounds like he's very much like your daughter. He knew all his uppercase and almost all his lower case and most of the letter sounds when he started school (which I actually got lectured about, because Montessori is pretty anti-teaching for kids that young). He's already reading (sounding out words, not whole books yet) and he just turned 4. I put him in school for all the reasons you mentioned (he'd never even been with a babysitter), and I feel like he did get those benefits, though mostly it didn't become apparent until his second year. He had a lot of trouble waiting in line, etc. last year, but this year it seemed to be ingrained from the first day back. The director of the school definitely thinks he benefited from last year, but last year he just didn't want to go. He went three mornings a week and cried at drop off for a month. After that he frequently told me he wanted to stay home with me and the baby (who was 6 months when he started). This year, he can't wait to go to school each morning and is practically in the car before I can grab my keys. I hope your daughter enjoys it right away. I know lots of parents deal with starting school separation anxiety, but it was traumatic for me.

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
Old 01-25-2014, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, yeah here school is based on birth year. So anyone turning 5 before Dec 31 can start kindergarten. 

I have no idea how she'll actually do with it, but I'm trying to be positive, especially since she'll be with her cousin. She does ask practically daily if we're going "out". The other day I asked her to go get her clothes so we could get dressed, and she got so excited. "I det weady. do out." "oh ten, we're not going out. Where do you think we're going?" "ummm mama, do out. see my fends!" And since then she's talked a lot about seeing her friends. 

Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 PM

LOL I just looked back at my list and I am thankful, we got 1 room painted :thumb. To be fair when I wrote the list it was right before I hit the worst part of being sick and I had no clue what I was in for. I'm hopeful that amidst all our other things going on we'll be able to do the laundry room next month. DH bought me the laundry organizer I've wanted forever for Christmas (I was so excited) and I seriously am enjoying that chore a lot more thanks to that thing. I'm hopeful that it'll be even more "fun" once the room isn't a color I hate (no really, I hate burnt orange on walls) and decorated with a few happy touches.

An update Baby To Do List:

1. Paint & Decorate laundry room

2. Paint guest room

3. make bunting (hanging flag decoration thing) for the nursery

4. Take hypnobabies classes

5. Take Love & Logic parenting classes

6. Get Homeschool activities for the summer planned (mainly a collection of things to do on rainy days and things to discover during summer)

7. Get all homeschool plans done, copies made, and supplies bought for Sept-Dec of next year.

If by some miracle these all get done I'll be overjoyed! They aren't in order of priority though as the homeschool plans are obviously the most important. I want to enjoy the baby moon period for as long as possible this go round. Crossing my fingers we'll be able to squeeze some space in the budget for a house cleaner after baby arrives too!

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:47 PM

I just have a few items left to purchase, but I price watched set on all of them, and I'm scanning for used prices too.

I'm still searching out recipes for postpartum. We discovered my dd's dairy a month before I got pregnant, and our menu has changed a lot in the past little while. I hope to have 30 meals in the freezer.

I'm a systematizer, I've decided to use it to my advantage when it comes to housework. I realized that if I'm to delegate housework postpartum, then I need to know the minimum that needs to be done on a daily basis before I freak out. So I've got a daily, weekly, and monthly checklist I'm working on and editing. So far, my house has been super clean, but I'd like to cut down my effort a tad, so I'm still editing. I really hope to have it figured out by the time the baby is born.

I have a blanket I'm crocheting, and a few items to sew, but those are fun things, so they don't feel like "to-dos"

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

Old 01-26-2014, 01:37 PM

@berrypavlova I took a six week Love & Logic course recently, and loved it! I would like to do it again, because it was a lot to take in.

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

We got the seat ordered for the car, and it's enroute to our US shipping address! DH will pick it up on one of his trips to NY to ski or for work. :) Carseats for babes have arrived.

What seats did you end up getting? I don't remember. 

Quote:

Ok, so our basement is as finished as it'll be before the baby is born now, I think. Ceiling and lights are in, we've got a couch moved down here, and all my daughter's toys are spread all over the place. lol. We MAY get an office area carved out, I really want to, but it's very money dependent, so we'll see. Had some really good discussions yesterday with DH about how we're going to build our desk area. It'll still probably be a couple hundred dollars, but at least we've got a plan, just not the money in the budget right now. 

*get office area organized (even if it's just a cruddy old desk off craiglists for now)  Obviously have not purchased anything since yesterday, but I did bring two bookcases downstairs that were shoved into corners upstairs, and we've cleared out one to be a more accessible office storage. It'll do for now, but I still want a desk before baby is born. 

*clean out spare room in basement (I'll probably put the pack and play in there for naps)

*purchase supplies and set up sidecarred crib in our room  Did a bit more research- we're leaning toward putting a twin bed in my daughters room and setting up her crib as the sidecarred one, rather than buying a new crib. She's using it as a toddler bed right now, and could for another year or two, but... it's going to be just as expensive to buy a second crib, so I kind of feel like this is our better financial option long term. 

*clean up laundry room! 

*decide on and set up changing area (We changed on the bed last time, but I don't love that

*get a baby book

*take more pictures!! 

*Pick some names...

*order birth pool supplies (currently talking with some other mamas about sharing shipping costs)

There's definitely going to be a more detailed list once we're about a month or so about, re: prepping the house for labor and postpartum, but it's too soon to wrap my brain around those! I also didn't put any of my 'baby purchase' stuff on there. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypavlova View Post

I'm hopeful that amidst all our other things going on we'll be able to do the laundry room next month. DH bought me the laundry organizer I've wanted forever for Christmas (I was so excited) and I seriously am enjoying that chore a lot more thanks to that thing. I'm hopeful that it'll be even more "fun" once the room isn't a color I hate (no really, I hate burnt orange on walls) and decorated with a few happy touches.

An update Baby To Do List:

1. Paint & Decorate laundry room

I'm the same way. We redid our laundry room last year (I think?), and it's so much nicer to be in there now. I just need to get DH to stop taking it over with his crap. We painted it a nice purple color, and put linoleum flooring in, rather than the gross peeling paint concrete it was. It looks so much 'cleaner'. Especially since we live in a climate where I'll end up hanging diapers inside for half the year, I want it to be 'ok' to be in. We put in a nice long counter too- I think it's like 8 feet, and a MASSIVE laundry sink. It was definitely a good use of time to get it done. 

I had SUCH a nesting day yesterday, and was getting very frustrated by our lack of money. My husband has been off work for 8 months, and though we're very frugal, so we're not in the whole or anything, I've also never been this strapped for extra money. I hate it. 

Between yesterday and today we did a bunch of organizing and cleaning- I went through Tenley's closet and put into storage a bunch of stuff that's just taking up space in there, and then cleaned her and our rooms. We also have a tv that was given to us that's been in our bedroom for a couple months but we've only turned it on a handful of times. We brought that downstairs and hooked the wii up to it, so now we've got netflix and games available down here (we don't have cable). 

Liiiiiitttllle by little we're getting things done. I think I'll feel a lot more able to make progress after we find out the sex, because a big thing is going to be going through the clothing and finding out what we need. 

Old 01-26-2014, 04:28 PM

Going to update on our list. We're on a roll checking things off, but our biggest thing was figuring out where we will live and purchasing a Cal King natural latex mattress AND a storage bed to go under it. So relieved that baby will have a safe place to sleep in the beginning.

Household Stuff-to-Do

1.     1. FIGURE OUT WHERE WE WILL LIVE!

2.     2. Sell big TV in living room and replace with smaller TV in bedroom (my husband is going to throw a hissy fit about this one..)

3.     3. Figure out our bed situation; purchase Cal King natural latex mattress, buy or Ikea-hack a storage bed, figure out a headboard, buy sheets for the bed, figure out a side-table / shelving solution

4.     4. Find a W/D that will work, buy and install them, add shelving to that closet

5.     5. Build radiator covers for all three radiators (but especially the one in the nursery); figure out how to cover the steam pipes safely in the nursery

6.     6. Organize entry hall, add a light fixture, and some sort of wall organization (incoming mail box,key hanger, shoe storage) / decoration (hang photos), add door storage to the hall closet

7.     7. Get welcome doormat and make signs “from” midwives

8.     8. Organizing baskets and shelves for the washer/dryer closet (for laundry supplies), get a drying rack and wool dryer balls, magnetic detergent scoop

9.     9. Outside ; Clothes line on fire escape, comfy place to sit out front with baby, small table, big pots for stoop?

10.  10. Order and install blackout curtains for nursery

11.  11. Make the nursery closet more functional (decide on layout, buy pieces, assemble, add a curtain behind the frame, paint the back wall)

12.  12. Decide on Montessori nursery layout and furniture

13.  13. Set-up changing / cloth diaper storage area (4 drawer Malm chest, add drawer pulls, with DIY change pad)

14.  14. Buy a iPod dock / radio / white noise for nursery

15.  15. Set up toddler bed, chop off legs, order mattress, 2 mattress pads and 2 sheets, attach mirror and plant-stand-mobile, put up spice rack book shelves, small shelf next to bed (billy height extension shelf)

16.  16. Buy living room rug, craiglist old one

17.  17. Figure out nursing set-up (rocker? couch?) with stool, nursing basket, pump, etc.

18.  18. Order contrast prints (Nikki McClure), frame in old frames, hang near changing area

19.  19. Set up “desk” area somewhere for both laptops (maybe on / next to kitchen table or bookcases, or in bedroom), cords organized, iHome, etc.; set it up for post-partum (important phone numbers, books to be read, etc)

20.  20. Pretty-up the fireplace (put up mantle, add mirrors, etc)

21.  21. Sell orange chair and order covers for smaller chairs

22.  22. Set up mama “wellness center” with teas, tea strainer, mug, honey, lemon water / seltzer, vitamins, easy snacks, ginger candies

23.  23. Decide on bedroom layout

24.  24. Buy / hang curtains in bedroom

25.  25. Repurpose 2x4 Expedit into living room

26.  26. Organize both closets in bedroom, add the wire shelfing

27.  27. Set up bedroom for post-partum / co-sleeping (keep waterproof mattress pad, add a railing) and cloth diapering / nighttime ECing (potty bowl and wet bag, basket of diapers, nightlight, muslins, lanolin, wet wipes), buy and install blackout shades

28.  28. Craigslist old couch and buy new one from Crate and Barrel (double sleeper!)

29.  29. Craigslist the 3 coffee table things, buy a tall, skinnier coffee table

30.  30. Purge closets and clutter, make room for baby stuff

31.  31. Set up bathroom for cloth diapering (diaper sprayer, bac-out), storage (door storage for baby linens? put up shelves and towel bars) and post-partum (basket on back of toilet with peri-bottle, pads, witch hazel, sitz bath stuff, wet pail for mama cloth)

32.  32. Baby-proof kitchen (cabinet locks), windows and doors (hooks and gates)

33.  33. Hang pictures in living room, bedrooms and kitchen; keep things kid-level

34.  34. “Montessori” the kitchen (weaning table – community playthings table / me do it chair - possibly in nursery, cotton placemat(s), helper bench with dish storage and sink, prints at eye level, safe step stool)

35.  35. Purchase Montessori practical life items and put away organized for later (Ikea glasses, bamboo trays, pouring / food prep, housekeeping, etc)

36.  36. Purchase the first set of Montessori “tools” and literacy / math objects from Etsy

37.  37. Clean the apartment top-to-bottom, or have professionals really clean it. Includes scrubbing the fridge, replacing air filters, washing floors, cleaning rugs, scrubbing grout, etc.

38.  38. Replace smoke alarm batteries

39.  39. Purchase a fire extinguisher

40.  40. Install dimmer switches OR invest in some dimmer lamps

General Tasks To-Do

1.     Start taking maternity pictures (one with with pee stick!)

2.     Borrow some maternity clothes, including nursing bras (2 yoga pants, 2 leggings, 1 maternity jeans, several longer skirts, 4-5 camis, 3 shirts, 2 bellabands, sweaters, coat)

3.     Figure out insurance for pregnancy, homebirth and after birth

4.     Meet with 2-3 midwives, choose Midwife

5.     Meet with 2-3 pediatricians (Dr. Hops, Tribeca Peds, Slope Peds), choose pediatrician, register as new patient

6.     Order / organize tea and herbs for labor, baths, baby baths, etc. (iherb.com)

7.     Decide on pregnancy nutritional plan, with supplements (check with midwife), meal plans, etc.

8.     Order vitamins or supplements

9.     Buy a laminator for self-printed labels

10.  Buy baby book or journal and start filling it out (Nicki McClure’s First 1000 Days)

11.  Ask Moms about helping out the first few weeks (5-10 days solo with Nick, then need help for 2-6 weeks, depending on school stuff)

12.  Talk to Nick about schooling type stuff (where will we be living, private preschool / public preK, Montessori Homeschool, Brooklyn Co-op, etc)

13.  Start research on our neighborhood schools and AP playgroups (Park Slope Playgroup, Brooklyn Babywearing), homeschooling toddlers groups

14.  Read Good Nights Sleep Cures, and make a plan for newborn sleeplessness

15.  Figure out / start prenatal fitness prep (walks, swimming, yoga, squats, kegels), buy exercise / birth ball, sign up for YMCA

16.  Create meditation and hypno-birth schedule

17.  Research new moms groups

18.  Hire a birth doula and/or photographer and/or placenta encapsulation person – Ask Stacey if Rachel will work for our birth

19.  Research chiropractor that works with pregnant women and newborns (Dr. Andrea Auerbach in Park Slope comes highly recommended)

20.  Figure out a PPD distress plan, just in case (find local therapist or support group (Brooklyn PPD Support in Park Slope, a new moms group), create a list for symptoms, schedule a 3-week talk with my Mom who is a former NICU and postpartum nurse)

21.  Find a LLL meeting and attend a few pre-birth; find a local Lactation Consultant pre-birth, just in case (Claudine!)

22.  Figure out who will watch Lulu if we need to go to hospital, pack her a little “go bag” in her area with food, treats and new toy - Hannah

23.  Figure out / obtain paperwork for homebirth birth certificate (ask Rachel for help)

24.  Have 20 week ultrasound, find out gender J

25.  Pick name(s)

26.  Ask Godparents J

27.  Finalize and print birth plan(s), get midwife signature on it, create hubby birth plan (what he can do to help, cheat sheet, phone numbers)

28.  Pick local hospital for in-case transfer, pre-register and make extra copies

29.  Take a local hospital tour with Nick

30.  Take a tour of the Brooklyn Birth Center

31.  Create my own “bad mommy” form

32.  Gather all forms for opting-out of birth practices and vaccines (including my own “bad mommy” form), give them to hospital / midwife @ 24 weeks, make extra copies

33.  Get Nick some hypno-birthing info and practice with him

34.  Find emergency childbirth info and give to Nick to read by 30 weeks

35.  Sign Nick up for infant CPR by 30 weeks

36.  Have Nick practice prefolds / flats with pins and snappi

37.  Make hospital bag list, pack hospital bag(s)

38.  Buy DSLR camera, charge battery and clear memory cards

39.  Complete registry

40.  Plan “Sip ‘n See” for a few weeks after birth

41.  Post my diaper stash on MDC, Get feedback!

42.  (After baby showers) Order last of the diaper stash, including small pack of newborn sposies, wipes and detergent

43.  (After baby showers) Order last of baby gear and clothes (minimal!!)

44.  (After baby showers) Return unneeded baby gear

45.  Sterilize bottles and pacis (just once)

46.  Order, wash, and break-in woven wrap, my beautiful new Neobulle Julie!

47.  Unpack / wash all baby carriers – Moby, Ergo, Maya sling

48.  Buy and stock diaper bag (PPB City Carryall)

49.  Order oral Vitamin K and put together / label baby medicine box; include copy of health info and insurance card; create / laminate dosage chart for common drugs (Tylenol, Advil, Benedryl) and emergency infant / child CPR card

50.  Buy and write shower thank you cards

51.  Prep new diapers, wash all diapers

52.  Lanolize small and newborn wool covers

53.  Dye the flour sack flats and wash a few times

54.  Wash and fold all newborn-6 month clothes

55.  Sort through “now” stuff and “6+ month” stuff for clothes and diapers

56.  Gather and organize birth supplies (birth linens, cloth pads, icy pads, Dermaplast, etc)

57.  Order birth pool, do a “wet run”

58.  Clean out & tune up car by 30 weeks (oil change, rotate and check tires, replace brakes), add baby items and rearrange the emergency box, and install car seat, window screens and mirror, have it inspected

59.  Buy waterproof mattress pad or PEVA shower curtain, air out smell, put under bed linens by 32 weeks

60.  Make a fridge list of easy meal ideas

61.  Turn “mediation” time into “talking to baby time” around 32 weeks

62.  Stock up on dry goods (rice packets, soup, dried fruit, honey, coffee, TP, cereal, dish soap, paper goods, toothpaste, soap, dog food, etc.) by around 34 weeks

63.  Make & freeze lots of food: high fiber muffins, oatmeal cookies, pancakes and dinners (lasagna with turkey, potato broccoli cheddar soup, beef stew, mac & cheese with broccoli and ham, shepherds pie, mini spinach feta quiches, casseroles, enchiladas, stuffed peppers, chili, fruit for smoothies); try for 1 months’ worth ~20 meals by 34 weeks

64.  Start kick counts once / day by 34 weeks

65.  Get hair cut and highlighted at 37/38 weeks

66.  Make nurses’ / midwives’ treats (rice crispy treats) when labor begins

67.  Write nice cards for our midwives and doula

68.  Talk to Lorraine about organizing the christening

69.  Turn my wedding dress into a christening gown (seamstress down in Baltimore can do it)

70.  Gather take-out menus

71.  Make a calendar of “easy stuff to do with baby” for ~3 months

Mac + Nick Expecting someone new in late June 2014.  Remembering our 3    1 * * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * *  40 * * 43
Old 01-28-2014, 04:28 PM

Figuring out where you will live is a big accomplishment.  :)  We are working on that ourselves.  (currently house shopping with a wide search radius)

Old 02-08-2014, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

*get office area organized (even if it's just a cruddy old desk off craiglists for now)  Obviously have not purchased anything since yesterday, but I did bring two bookcases downstairs that were shoved into corners upstairs, and we've cleared out one to be a more accessible office storage. It'll do for now, but I still want a desk before baby is born. 

*purchase supplies and set up sidecarred crib in our room  Did a bit more research- we're leaning toward putting a twin bed in my daughters room and setting up her crib as the sidecarred one, rather than buying a new crib. She's using it as a toddler bed right now, and could for another year or two, but... it's going to be just as expensive to buy a second crib, so I kind of feel like this is our better financial option long term. 

*clean up laundry room! 

*get a baby book

*take more pictures!! 

*Pick some names...

*order birth pool supplies (currently talking with some other mamas about sharing shipping costs)  I got the liner today, need to pick up hose adaptor, hose and fishy net

I'm off today and tomorrow. Tasks:

-Contact the montessori

-have good talks with DH about childminder and photographer

-finish dining room area

-compile my various labor/birth/postpartum setup lists into one (stuff for me, stuff for baby, stuff for labor, stuff for the midwife, etc)

Old 02-11-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmiss'mama View Post

@berrypavlova I took a six week Love & Logic course recently, and loved it! I would like to do it again, because it was a lot to take in.

Sweet! I read the books last spring & we had a teaser class (1 night) last fall to meet/try-out the instructor. What we know how to do so far is amazing. Such a peaceful transformation in our home. We're super excited to hear what other parents use for "real world consequences" especially with our toddlers. :) 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:01 PM

My updates--things I have accomplished from my list in the last 2 weeks:

Get married--we found a place and will be calling to book a date this weekend (hopefully.  looked for a dress.  found a photographer but waiting to contact until we have the date.

Get a haircut/color--appointment set for last week in Feb.

Declutter and organize in a major way--in progress. up to 781 items out of the house

Finish scrapbook albums--a lot of progress on the first project on the list, a few more hours to finish it

Work (school librarian): organize storage 5% complted

Buy/acquire baby items--a lot of goodies sent from my SIL arrived today, bought some cute clothes at the consignment store
Set up baby area in our bedroom--a bit more of a plan

Take hospital classes--booked dates for all classes

Set up day care (cloth diaper friendly, breast feeding friendly)--list narrowed down, visiting the top 2 on our list Monday and Tuesday next week

Find pediatrician--a few names added to a list, still working on it

Choose baby announcements to order after baby arrives--done!

increase my workouts--been to yoga 1x  a week the last 3 weeks, more active on the other days as well

decide on birth plan/wishes--reading up on it, talked to doc about delayed cord cutting

Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 PM

We signed the lease!  Yippee skippy!
We are thrilled.  The new place even has a slide in the back from one level of the garden to another.  Obviously she won't be able to use it for a bit, but we're hoping to invite friends with kids over to test-drive it.  
Starting moving this weekend. 
And BF will be looking for a new job, for sure.  This is fantastic news because his job has been a source of unhappiness and stress and he is in high demand in his field.  
Today was so hot and dry, I think I got a bit dehydrated.  It was lovely.  I just ate gelato for dinner. It was delicious and long overdue. 

Today was a very good day. 

Finding a place to live was the biggest "to-do".  Next it's clean the place and move and transfer/set-up utilities.  All the other stuff that goes with that will have to be a separate list.
Called the hospital and scheduled a tour of the birthing center so after that I have to decide where to continue my care/labor plan post-tour.
Get deposit for doula and sign paperwork.  We took her to dinner on Tuesday to get to know her better and it went super well.
Sign-up/find/decide on hypno class.  

As for Friday this is the plan: get keys (one of us), go to tour (one or both of us), go to yoga and possibly start/assess cleaning, get couples/prenatal massages.  I'm loving this V-day plan.  It's the best, most romantic one I've ever had.    

Old 03-01-2014, 07:42 AM

an update (probably more for me, than anyone else. ;)) I thought I would join in on this thread.

Non-baby Related:

1.  Get married--baby "crashed" our original wedding plans--we are shooting for about 6 weeks from now, just the two of us  Date set, confirmed and a photographer taken care of.  Ordering my dress this weekend (already selected).  :)

2. Get a haircut/color--discuss low-maintenance options with hairdresser--I can get it colored in 3.5 weeks  just got it. feels so good! :)

3. Declutter and organize in a major way--in progress. I've been posting on the 2014 in 2014 thread in the mindful home area of the forum  over 1,000 gone.  feel like there are 1,000,000 to still deal with

4.  Pay off/Refinance some financial-related items 

5.  Finish scrapbook albums--anniversary album for my parents (half finished), childhood home album for mom (half finished), New Orleans Vacation album (barely started), Hawaii album (not even started), scrapbook important/favorite pre-baby photos before I never have time to do them again lol  parents anniversary album just needs another hour or two of work, half the photos for Hawaii album ordered during a Shutterfly sale. 

6.  Deep-clean carpets

7. Prep the guest bedroom/bathroom for family staying after baby arrives--guest room is also my craft room so number 5 is making it messier ;)

8. Work (school librarian): organize storage and prepare what I can ahead of time (lesson plans, reading event decorations, bulletin board prep, contest prep, make orientation videos for teachers to show students while I am on maternity leave so time is not lost) to make it easier on me after baby arrives, submit paperwork for certification renewal  organizing in progress  I have gotten rid of 600 things

9. Find a way to check air-quality of condo we live in since it is old and upstairs neighbor had a major flood a year ago (worried about mold etc)  looked on Amazon, not sure which product to go with.  think I will also discuss with the condo manager because there is mildew in our shower due to poor ventillation

10. redecorate master bedroom

11. finish saving for down payment/start house-shopping

12, bank timeshare points so we don't lose them

13. enjoy going out to the movies a few more times, go to a fancy dinner for fiance's bday (fiance's pre-baby bucket list)  all accomplished and in progress

Baby-related

1. Buy/acquire baby items  in progress

2. Set up baby area in our bedroom, nursing area in the living room

3. Finalize maternity leave plans 

4. Take hospital classes, cloth diaper store class  

5. Set up day care (cloth diaper friendly, breast feeding friendly)  found it, love it, on the waiting list with a pretty sure shot of getting in when we need to

6. Find pediatrician

7. Decide on photographer for newborn/family photos

8. Scrapbooking: make a birthday album/journal for year 0 to 18, put together maternity album/journal, make a December Daily album for baby's first Christmas, buy some baby-related scrapbook supplies

9. Get a new camera/video recorder

10. Choose baby announcements to order after baby arrives, get address labels ready and postage

11. make/buy thank you cards

12. research how to best prep our pets for baby  here and there

13. increase my workouts  in progress

14. decide on birth plan/wishes  working through my thoughts, so confusing and overwhelming

Old 03-09-2014, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

*Purchase a few large rugs for basement floor  Getting a carpet quote this week, and hope to be installed by end of April! Yay tax return money! 

*get office area organized (even if it's just a cruddy old desk off craiglists for now)  Still need to set up a desk, but all the accessories and books are downstairs.  

*clean out spare room in basement (I'll probably put the pack and play in there for naps) Has to wait until after the carpet install

*purchase supplies and set up sidecarred crib in our room  

*Look up ways to raise the crib 6"-- extra mattress, wood, etc

*clean up laundry room! 

*get a baby book

*take more pictures!! 

*after we find out the sex, go through clothing and keep/sell  Everything is sorted, actively working on selling stuff. 

*attend clothing swap in April with good list of needs! Have a pretty good idea of what we need (just summer newborn outfits, and stuff bigger than 6m)

*Pick some names... 

*order birth pool supplies (currently talking with some other mamas about sharing shipping costs)  have the liner, contacted someone about buying her hose, need to pick up hose adaptor, and fishy net

Annnnd I just got interrupted. I'm ready to start my countdown type prep (arranging, printing birth plans, updating registry, getting birth stuff organized, etc. So I'll come back with that later! 

Old 03-09-2014, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, got a chance to finish better this time. May keep updating through the night. More for my needs! 

Home (All completed by May 1 unless otherwise noted):

• Finish stairs, finish support pole coverup
  • Install carpet (getting quotes right now, should be installed by end of April)
  • Install baseboard
  • Get windows installed (or at least have quote/timeline)
  • Get someone in to DEEP CLEAN around June 1 (my MIL said she would, otherwise we’ll hire)
  • Hang artwork- over couch, over bed
  • Clean out garage
  • Set up a desk downstairs with printer and “inbox” area
  • Clean out spare bedroom to be workout area and pack and play sleep space
  • Deep Clean Laundry room
  • Sell all girly clothing and the rest of our sale stuff. If not sold, drop off at VV June 1.
  • Go through non-kid stuff in Tenley’s closet and find new homes or toss
  • Get bins! Toys, extra clothing etc in the kids room, laundry room etc.

Baby:

• Pick a few name choices
  • Type up list of what we have/need for clothing.
  • Attend swap and get summer outfits and 6m+ clothing
  • Move bedroom around and setup sidecar (bungy and everything)
  • Raise up mattress in crib by 6”
  • Clean pack n play and set up downstairs with ‘spares’
  • Add a shelf/storage space above the crib for my stuff
  • Wash and stain treat all clothing
  • Make space in Tenley’s closet and organize. Put clothes in.
  • Decide on a changing area setup- most likely portable pad with diapers in my drawers
  • Buy baby book and start filling out!
  • Acquire:
    • Bathtub, bouncy chair, monitor, mattress pad, newborn diapers (all being given/borrowed)
  • Purchase:
    • Crib sheet, blue muslin, car seat mirror, vit d drops, ring sling
  • Make:
    • Boppy covers, bibs, crib skirt

For the Birth:

• Update a very basic birth plan
  • Update C-section/transfer birth plan
  • Update phone number list
  • Update list of things for the birthing bin, and coping tactics to suggest
  • Print ALL THE LISTS!
  • Find a childminder and collect info
  • Find a photographer :/
  • Birth Pool: Get, purchase tap adaptor and fishy net, get filling hose
  • Purchase plastic sheets, extra sheets for our bed

Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 PM

My list . . . hmm:
Accomplished: (Why not start out right?)
moved!
desk/chair for SO
herb garden
new bed
UC birth center tour
High School Alumnae update

Half-done:

veggie garden

water filter set-up
gate in front

bidet in second bath

To Do - administrative: (It got long so . . . "to do sooner" with *)
Lists of "helper" tasks
"Jobs" for grandparents
Directions and maps to stores for grandparents/visitors
knockknock.com - list pads
*Hire house helper
*Change MediCal address
Make birth plan tree (this will have to be in several parts!)

Interview peds/family practitioners [*Questions for pediatrician]
*Interview homebirth midwives

Review freezer options
Info. for home-meal delivery
Recipes for friends/family to make (and make extra)
Find post-partum doula

*Find/hire placenta encapsulator

Change address with ??? everybody else?

Research Frankincense for post-birth

Research FSM for post-birth

Find/hire diaper service

*Select/buy recliner(s) and couch
Contact co-dad from the park (card in photos?)
Phone tree
*Change MDC name

To Do - physical:

Organize/clean house - guest room, junk in guest room, yoga/birth prep/baby rooms (more, but that's a start)
Make Magnesium butter
Make post-partum oil/pad blends

Make PP pads?

Build birthing "bags" - labor/delivery kit

For the future: (mostly from my PP class today)
Carseat install
Nursing bra fitting/consult at New Beginnings (Mary Birch) (1-2 weeks before guess date)
Pre-pay bills
Freezer meals
Buy unscented "wee" pads - disposable and/or reusable

Old 03-09-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post

an update (probably more for me, than anyone else. ;)) I thought I would join in on this thread.

9. Find a way to check air-quality of condo we live in since it is old and upstairs neighbor had a major flood a year ago (worried about mold etc)  looked on Amazon, not sure which product to go with.  think I will also discuss with the condo manager because there is mildew in our shower due to poor ventillation

@skyview222:
Yes, making the list on here was super-helpful for self.  But . . . it's also nice to peek at other lists (if you don't get too overwhelmed) to see what may be missing from one's own.
If you let me know what you need are concerned about regarding the mold and such I can give you some information to start you out.  I have training as an indoor environmental consultant with emphasis on mold (because really, that's the biggest concern).  Feel free to start a new thread or PM me for this. 

Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Bump!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post

Bump!

My dh and oldest dd think I've gone crazy. I've taken care of over a page of tasks already, but I still have a lot of work to do...

To Do

call dentist about tongue-tie info

refresh memory on spinning babies stuff

oil the front porch

clean-up back yard

make a cover for outdoor couch

finish building the boxes for the freezer

declutter the bookshelf

put all first aid stuff together

crochet baby blanket

make two gowns

put together birth kit (hot pack, ice pack, altoids, heating pad, lip gloss, wrist tacks, bikini, contraction app)

birth playlist

make arrangements for Marilyn

make arrangements for Audrey

put together a shot list and meet with Nicole

wrap up recipe project

sew Audrey panties

potty train Audrey

construct an outdoor play area

deal with the garage

tackle the storage room

label the tool box

do a final cleaning of the basement

file/burn/toss the pile of paperwork

go through the pantry

scrub the walls and baseboards throughout the house

make meals for 60 days

bring up the cradle

make room in the kids room for this bundle of joy

mail the document

email the contract

register new car

sell old car

amend 2012 taxes

finish window application

make a new wrap

put together plan for the sip n see

check baby steals outlet for diapers

cute up some onesies

find quilt fabric

get a packages of socks

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 PM

I'm reducing my list to prioritize, and crossing stuff off as we go. Feels pretty good...

Household Stuff-to-Do

·      FIGURE OUT WHERE WE WILL LIVE!

·      Sell big TV in living room and replace with smaller TV in bedroom

·      Figure out our bed situation; purchase Cal King natural latex mattress, buy or Ikea-hack a storage bed, figure out a headboard, buy sheets for the bed, figure out a side-table / shelving solution

·      Find a W/D that will work, buy and install them, add shelving to that closet

·      Build radiator covers for all three radiators (but especially the one in the nursery); figure out how to cover the steam pipes safely in the nursery

·      Build changing pad holder, attach to dresser top

·      Organize entry hall, add a light fixture, and some sort of wall organization (incoming mail box,key hanger, shoe storage)

·      Get welcome doormat and make signs “from” midwives

·      Organizing baskets and shelves for the washer/dryer closet (for laundry supplies), get a drying rack and wool dryer balls, magnetic detergent scoop

·      Outside ; Clothes line on fire escape, comfy place to sit out front with baby, small table, big pots for stoop?

·      Order and install blackout curtains for nursery

·      Make the nursery closet more functional (decide on layout, buy pieces, assemble, add knobs)

·      Decide on Montessori nursery layout and furniture

·      Set-up changing / cloth diaper storage area (4 drawer Malm chest, add drawer pulls, with DIY change pad)

·      Buy a iPod dock / radio / white noise for nursery

·      Order crib mattress, frame for the mattress, 2 mattress pads and 2 sheets, create bumpers for the sides / back, put small basket at foot

·      Make movement mat area: attach mirror and plant-stand-mobile, add pictures in low frames, maybe a small book shelf

·      Buy living room rug, craiglist old one

·      Figure out nursing set-up (rocker? couch?) with stool, nursing basket, pump, etc.

·      Order contrast prints (Nikki McClure), frame in old frames, hang near changing area

·      Set up “desk” area somewhere for both laptops (in bedroom), cords organized, iHome, etc.; set it up for post-partum (important phone numbers, books to be read, etc)

·      Sell orange chair and order covers for smaller chairs

·      Decide on bedroom layout

·      Buy / hang curtains in bedroom

·      Repurpose 2x4 Expedit into living room

·      Organize both closets in bedroom, add the wire shelfing

·      Set up bedroom for post-partum, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, nighttime ECing (potty bowl and wet bag, basket of diapers, muslins, lanolin, wet wipes), buy and install blackout shades, buy a touch lamp

·      Craigslist old couch and buy new one from Crate and Barrel (double sleeper!)

·      Craigslist the 3 coffee table things, buy a tall, skinnier coffee table

·      Purge closets and clutter, make room for baby stuff

·      Set up bathroom for cloth diapering (diaper sprayer, bac-out), storage, put up shelves and towel bars) and post-partum (basket on back of toilet with peri-bottle, pads, witch hazel, sitz bath stuff, wet pail for mama cloth)

·      Baby-proof kitchen (cabinet locks), windows and doors (hooks and gates), and furniture in nursery (anti-topple attachments)

·      Hang pictures in living room, nursery and kitchen; keep things kid-level

·      Purchase the first set of Montessori “tools” and literacy / math objects from Etsy

·      Clean the apartment top-to-bottom. Including:

o   Kitchen (scrubbing the fridge, washing floors, washing inside and tops of cabinets)

o   Living room (cleaning rug, washing windows, washing floors, clean behind the radiator (shudder), repaint window sills)

o   Bathroom (washing windows and floors, scrubbing the shower grout, replacing the silicone around the tub, repaint window sills)

o   Bedroom (wash windows and floors, remove clutter, repaint window sills)

·      Replace smoke alarm batteries

·      Purchase a fire extinguisher

·      Install dimmer switches OR invest in some dimmer lamps

General Tasks To-Do

·      Start taking maternity pictures (one with with pee stick!)

·      Borrow some maternity clothes, including nursing bras (2 yoga pants, 2 leggings, 1 maternity jeans, several longer skirts, 4-5 camis, 3 shirts, 2 bellabands, sweaters, coat)

·      Figure out insurance for pregnancy, homebirth and after birth

·      Meet with 2-3 midwives, choose Midwife

·      Meet with 2-3 pediatricians (Dr. Hops, Tribeca Peds, Slope Peds), choose pediatrician, register as new patient

·      Order / organize tea and herbs for labor, baths, baby baths, etc. (iherb.com)

·      Decide on pregnancy nutritional plan, with supplements (check with midwife), meal plans, etc.

·      Order vitamins or supplements

·      Buy a laminator for self-printed labels

·      Buy baby book or journal and start filling it out (Nicki McClure’s First 1000 Days)

·      Ask Moms about helping out the first few weeks (5-10 days solo with Nick, then need help for 2-6 weeks, depending on school stuff)

·      Start research on our neighborhood schools and AP playgroups (Park Slope Playgroup, Brooklyn Babywearing), homeschooling toddlers groups

·      Read Good Nights Sleep Cures, and make a plan for newborn sleeplessness

·      Figure out / start prenatal fitness prep (walks, swimming, yoga, squats, kegels), buy exercise / birth ball, sign up for YMCA

·      Research new moms groups, sign up for Park Slope Parents

·      Hire a birth doula and/or photographer and/or placenta encapsulator

·      Research chiropractor that works with pregnant women and newborns (Dr. Andrea Auerbach in Park Slope comes highly recommended)

·      Figure out a PPD distress plan, just in case (find local therapist or support group (Brooklyn PPD Support in Park Slope, a new moms group), create a list for symptoms, schedule a 3-week talk with my Mom who is a former NICU and postpartum nurse)

·      Find a LLL meeting and attend a few pre-birth; find a local Lactation Consultant pre-birth, just in case (Claudine)

·      Figure out who will watch Lulu if we need to go to hospital, pack her a little “go bag” in her area with food, treats and new toy - Hannah

·      Figure out / obtain paperwork for homebirth birth certificate (ask Rachel for help)

·      Have 20 week ultrasound, find out gender 

·      Pick name(s)

·      Ask Godparents 

·      Finalize and print birth plan(s), get midwife signature on it, create hubby birth plan (what he can do to help, cheat sheet, phone numbers)

·      Pick local hospital for in-case transfer, pre-register and make extra copies

·      Take a local hospital tour with Nick

·      Take a tour of the Brooklyn Birth Center

·      Create my own “bad mommy” forms, have them on hand for transfer to the hospital

·      Get Nick some hypno-birthing info and practice with him

·      Find emergency childbirth info and give to Nick to read by 30 weeks

·      Have Nick practice prefolds / flats with pins and snappi

·      Make hospital bag list, pack hospital bag(s)

·      Buy DSLR camera, charge battery and clear memory cards

·      Complete registry

·      Plan “Sip ‘n See” for a few weeks after birth

·      Post my diaper stash on MDC, Get feedback!

·      (After baby showers) Order last of the diaper stash, including small pack of newborn sposies, wipes and detergent

·      (After baby showers) Order last of baby gear and clothes (minimal!!)

·      (After baby showers) Return unneeded baby gear

·      Sterilize bottles and pacis (just once)

·      Order, wash, and break-in woven wrap, my beautiful new Neobulle Julie!

·      Unpack / wash all baby carriers – Moby(s), Maya sling

·      Buy and stock diaper bag (PPB City Carryall)

·      Put together / label baby medicine box; include copy of health info and insurance card; create / laminate dosage chart for common drugs (Tylenol, Advil, Benedryl) and emergency infant / child CPR card

·      Buy and write shower thank you cards

·      Prep new diapers, wash all diapers

·      Lanolize small and newborn wool covers

·      Dye the flour sack flats and wash a few times

·      Wash and fold all newborn-6 month clothes

·      Sort through “now” stuff and “6+ month” stuff for clothes and diapers

·      Gather and organize birth supplies (birth linens, cloth pads, icy pads, extra hats, Colace, Dermaplast, plus midwife’s whole list)

·      Order birth pool, do a “wet run”

·      Clean out & tune up car by 30 weeks (oil change, rotate and check tires, replace brakes), add baby items and rearrange the emergency box, and install car seat, window screens and mirror, have it inspected

·      Buy waterproof mattress pad or PEVA shower curtain, air out smell, put under bed linens by 32 weeks

·      Make a fridge list of easy meal ideas

·      Turn “mediation” time into “talking to baby time” around 32 weeks

·      Stock up on dry goods (rice packets, soup, dried fruit, honey, coffee, TP, cereal, dish soap, paper goods, toothpaste, soap, dog food, etc.) by around 34 weeks

·      Make & freeze lots of food: high fiber muffins, oatmeal cookies, pancakes and dinners (lasagna with turkey, potato broccoli cheddar soup, beef stew, mac & cheese with broccoli and ham, shepherds pie, mini spinach feta quiches, casseroles, enchiladas, stuffed peppers, chili, fruit for smoothies); try for 1 months’ worth ~20 meals by 34 weeks

·      Start kick counts once / day by 34 weeks

·      Get hair cut and highlighted at 37/38 weeks

·      Write nice cards for our midwives and doula

·      Make nurses’ / midwives’ treats (rice crispy treats or a birthday cake) when labor begins

·      Talk to Lorraine about organizing the christening

·      Turn my wedding dress into a christening gown (seamstress down in Baltimore can do it)

·      Gather take-out menus

·      Make a calendar of “easy stuff to do with baby” for ~3 months

Crafty To-Do List

·      Create Newborn announcements (print and email copies), address / stamp the print ones, create send out list for email ones

·      Knit baby blanket / booties / hat

·      Create first 3 or 4 Montessori mobiles (Gobi, faces, see-through rattle, and teether)

Mac + Nick Expecting someone new in late June 2014.  Remembering our 3    1 * * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * *  40 * * 43
Old 04-10-2014, 08:18 AM

Ok, I had started a list in the baby space post, but I'll update here with more generic tasks.

To do:

1) Pack to toys and books that are overflowing my son's room right now and keep in room the minimum for living thru the work.

2) Paint the room (never done that for my son, it will be the first time I decorate a kid's room) + small repairs.

3) Paint some furniture pieces.

4) Choose and buy closet organizers (big double sliding door closet : I want to install shelves et the to ends for longtime storage, half the closet will become toys storage, DVD/TV storage and the other half will be clothes, shoes, blankets...) Have to add an electrical outlet in the wardrobe.

5) Wash all baby clothes Some pieces still need to be hand wash and figure a system (most usefull/in season clothing will go in 2 drawers in my dresser so I don't have to go to my son's room to change the baby, everything else will go in the kids room).

6) Decorate the room !! : I'd like to sew a pennant banner and to frame fabric in embroidery hoops (I have all the supplies), I need to sew a crib skirt so I can use the space under for storage, I need to plan lighting.

7) I have tons of baby items in the kid's room closet now (which isn't use for clothing storage at all at the moment) I have to do some inventory. My son is 4 years old and I've kept everything since day one...  I'll have to decide how/what to put in plastic bins and take to the basement.

7) Figure a system for long term storage of the new baby outgrown clothing (sturdy bins that can be move to basement I think), I'm pretty sure this baby will be our last one, but I'm not sure I will be ready to give everything away from the first months. Also I wish I could wait to give everything to someone significant to me.

8) Think of a way to organize a small changing diaper station on the first floor.

9) Clean the gfridge and freezer.

10) Cook meals, bake yummy breads and muffins, freeze a lot and make a list to put in the freezer so somebody else can pick meals.

SPRING TASKS: 

- plant the garden

- deep clean the oven (must needed)

- pick up dog shit in the backyard and clean the deck

- wash the windows.

BONUS, I ever I succeed to go thru the first list with energy left:

1) Organize the hallway linen closet, throw away things we didn't use for years, add more shelves or organizers, then organize the space so I can fit extra supplies (toilette paper, kleenex, wipes from costco, extra diapers...)

2) Organize the entry closet for a more functional storage and an off season rotation (it's a mess of everything for every seasons right now.

3) Fix hooks in the basement staircase to store the stroller.

My man is not really the kind of guy who get excited with any of this kind of stuff, he is a very good procrastinator, so I normally do without counting on him. BUT, I'll be unemployed next week so I'm planning on giving him a TO DO :-)

Old 04-10-2014, 11:08 AM

GENERAL TO DO

Finish up 8 year old's last portfolio for homeschooling, due June

Pick up Deep Freezer from friend

Have a freezer/casserole party

Organize storage space for easy access

Bring out summer clothes for both boys

Put away sleds in storage

Purge boys clothes and toys

Purge books

ALREADY DONE

Change table set up with clothes,cloth diapers and cloth wipes

Pouch sling and cotton wrap, clean and accessible

Bought lanolin

BABY TO DO

Sew fleece co-sleeping under blankets

Sew Mesh Water sling

Bring out guard rail, bassinette, boppy pillow, from storage once baby is born

Buy blue hospital pads, peri bottle and Emergenc-E

Install carseat once baby is born or once I hit 39 weeks

Buy some large maxi pads, put some in the freezer

Do some birth art

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

Old 04-13-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Made so much progress the last week or so! Lots of house related stuff knocked off, which feels so nice, FINALLY!!  After we get a bit more off the house stuff, I'll have to add more of the birth/post baby prep like buying nursing bras, freezer stocking, etc etc. But for now, I'm telling myself it's too far out to worry about it. 

Home (All completed by May 1 unless otherwise noted):

• Finish cold air returns
  • Get closet door jams installed in basement
  • Buy basement doors and install frames
  • Paint and install closet doors
  • Make back stair ‘door’
  • Finish stairs, finish support pole coverup (measure, purchase, install, spray foam, paint, trim)
  • Finish installing drop ceiling and lights
  • Take baby stuff out of storage, put everything else in
  • Put xmas tree in garage
  • Install carpet (getting quotes right now, should be installed by end of April)
  • Install baseboard
  • Get windows installed (or at least have quote/timeline)
  • Get someone in to DEEP CLEAN around June 1 (my MIL said she would, otherwise we’ll hire)
  • Hang artwork- over couch, over bed
  • Clean out garage
  • Set up a desk downstairs with printer and “inbox” area
  • Clean out spare bedroom to be workout area and pack and play sleep space
  • Deep Clean Laundry room
  • Sell all girly clothing and the rest of our sale stuff. If not sold, drop off at VV June 1.
  • Go through non-kid stuff in Tenley’s closet and find new homes or toss
  • Get bins! Toys, extra clothing etc in the kids room, laundry room etc.

Baby:

• Pick a few name choices
  • Type up list of what we have/need for clothing.
  • Attend swap and get summer outfits and 6m+ clothing
  • Move bedroom around and setup sidecar (bungy and everything)
  • Raise up mattress in crib by 6”
  • Clean pack n play and set up downstairs with ‘spares’
  • Add a shelf/storage space above the crib for my stuff
  • Wash and stain treat all clothing
  • Make space in Tenley’s closet and organize. Put clothes in.
  • Set up changing area
  • Buy baby book and start filling out!
  • Acquire:
    • Bathtub, bouncy chair, monitor, mattress pad, newborn diapers
  • Purchase:
    • Crib sheet, blue muslin, car seat mirror, vit d drops, ring sling, change pad,
  • Make:
    • Boppy covers, bibs, crib skirt, wash cloths?

For the Birth:

• Update a very basic birth plan
  • Update C-section/transfer birth plan
  • Update phone number list
  • Update list of things for the birthing bin, and coping tactics to suggest
  • Print ALL THE LISTS!
  • Find a childminder and collect info
  • Find a photographer :/
  • Birth Pool: Get, purchase tap adaptor and fishy net, get filling hose
  • Purchase plastic sheets, extra sheets for our bed

Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Murphy View Post

@skyview222:
Yes, making the list on here was super-helpful for self.  But . . . it's also nice to peek at other lists (if you don't get too overwhelmed) to see what may be missing from one's own.
If you let me know what you need are concerned about regarding the mold and such I can give you some information to start you out.  I have training as an indoor environmental consultant with emphasis on mold (because really, that's the biggest concern).  Feel free to start a new thread or PM me for this. 

I just saw this.  I will be talking to the apartment manager this week actually.  So if I get stuck in the process I will definitely PM you.  Thank you!

User Tag List