Pregnancy To Do Lists! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 04-15-2014, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I actually made a new to do list this week that is way more specific.  I will post is once I have made progress with it...

Non-baby Related:

1.  Get married--baby "crashed" our original wedding plans--we are shooting for about 6 weeks from now, just the two of us  

2. Get a haircut/color--discuss low-maintenance options with hairdresser--I can get it colored in 3.5 weeks 

3. Declutter and organize in a major way--in progress. I've been posting on the 2014 in 2014 thread in the mindful home area of the forum  1900 things gone...still plenty to get rid of. 

4.  Pay off/Refinance some financial-related items 

5.  Finish scrapbook albums--anniversary album for my parents (97% finished), childhood home album for mom (half finished), New Orleans Vacation album (barely started), Hawaii album (not even started), scrapbook important/favorite pre-baby photos before I never have time to do them again lol 

6.  Deep-clean carpets

7. Prep the guest bedroom/bathroom for family staying after baby arrives--good progress still a lot to do.

8. Work (school librarian): organize storage and prepare what I can ahead of time (lesson plans, reading event decorations, bulletin board prep, contest prep, make orientation videos for teachers to show students while I am on maternity leave so time is not lost) to make it easier on me after baby arrives, submit paperwork for certification renewal  organizing in progress  I have gotten rid of 900 things

9. Find a way to check air-quality of condo we live in since it is old and upstairs neighbor had a major flood a year ago (worried about mold etc)  talking to the manager this week

10. redecorate master bedroom

11. finish saving for down payment/start house-shopping

12, bank timeshare points so we don't lose them

13. enjoy going out to the movies a few more times, go to a fancy dinner for fiance's bday (fiance's pre-baby bucket list)

Baby-related

1. Buy/acquire baby items  in progress

2. Set up baby area in our bedroom, nursing area in the living room 

3. Finalize maternity leave plans 

4. Take hospital classes, cloth diaper store class    first class down, more scheduled to go

5. Set up day care (cloth diaper friendly, breast feeding friendly)  found it, love it, on the waiting list with a pretty sure shot of getting in when we need to

6. Find pediatrician  meeting him on April 30 but think we found him

7. Decide on photographer for newborn/family photos  have one person in mind, looking for other choices

8. Scrapbooking: make a birthday album/journal for year 0 to 18, put together maternity album/journal, make a December Daily album for baby's first Christmas, buy some baby-related scrapbook supplies

9. Get a new camera/video recorder

10. Choose baby announcements to order after baby arrives, get address labels ready and postage

11. make/buy thank you cards

12. research how to best prep our pets for baby  here and there

13. increase my workouts

14. decide on birth plan/wishes  more progress made, I am nearly complete in my decisions--but a little more research is in order before I feel secure in my decisions

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 94 Old 04-18-2014, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kid's room painting is in progresss !

#63 of 94 Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 AM

Everyone is so busy! Lots of good reminders of stuff to do just reading the posts. I get home to Arizona tomorrow and the house has been closed for two months. I left it super clean but I'm sure there will be lots of dusting airing out and restocking. Of pantry and fridge to be done. Also
-the yard. Hoping to get my garden in before baby
- build sand box for my two year old so he has something other than the splash pool to do outside that does not require us to get in a car and drive to a park
- clean birth pool and get supplies together for the birth
- figure out which shelf/closet space I'm goig to use for baby stuff and make a little area for her (we co sleep so no crib but a rocker/changing table combo would be nice
)
-get new appliances (our fridge and stove died before we left)
- get the guest room ready for my mom to come from Florida!
New rug in 3 rooms
I'm 35 weeks so time to get busy!
#64 of 94 Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM

In the middle of a home renovation by adding an addition to our house. Send good juju to my DH to help him complete it before the baby arrives!!

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#65 of 94 Old 04-21-2014, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

When is everyone else starting tasks like prepping diapers and washing clothing up, and setting up cribs/side cars. etc.  I keep feeling like it's too early still (I'm just past 32 weeks), but by the same token, I just have this *feeling* like I'm going to go early this time. I keep telling myself 8 weeks is a long time to go still... but if I go early, then it could be as little as like 5 weeks. Which doesn't sound like a ton of time. blah.  I already have an ocd type personality, and prepping for baby makes it that much worse!! 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#66 of 94 Old 04-21-2014, 04:48 PM

I am a major planner, so I went over the timeline with my husband a few months ago--he agreed that in April I could start getting the bassinet in place, car seats, etc. Now that it is almost May, he still thinks I am absurd for wanting these things ready! I have resisted my urges, but I think come the weekend of 5/3 I am going to get everything in it's place. I will be almost 33 weeks. My good friend had her baby at 32 weeks, so I keep reminding DH of that. I have also sent him numerous links about maternal "nesting" instincts. I am currently (under the radar) collecting items we need off Craigslist that we didn't get from our registry yet. I don't want anything left on my to-do-list when she arrives sooner or later.

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#67 of 94 Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am also a big planner. I have clothes and diapers washed and in drawers, and the changing area semi set-up. I will probably wait until 36-37 weeks to set up the pack-and-play, install the carseat, and get everything in place, since those will be annoying to have in the way when we're not using them yet. I will probably get the hospital bag(s) packed at around that time too. I have been working on some things when I have opportunities, such as buying clothes and blankets at consignment sales and thrift stores, but I'm waiting to buy a few small items as I'm hoping people might want to give baby gifts and want suggestions (diaper cream, lanolin, baby wash, etc). There are a lot of other things going on right now that I'm dealing with, so the final baby preparations aren't top priority right now. I'm doing a ton of sewing orders and I want to get them finished quickly, hubby and I are doing our first getaway weekend since our daughter was born, I'm in the process of transferring prenatal care/birth location and figuring out birth classes, placenta encapsulation, etc., and I am also going to have to go through all our belongings at some point to organize/get rid of stuff/pack up before we move to Germany in August. Just typing that out, I think I figured out why I never wrote out a comprehensive list. It's too overwhelming to think of everything that needs done. I'm handling it better in smaller chunks.

#68 of 94 Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

When is everyone else starting tasks like prepping diapers and washing clothing up, and setting up cribs/side cars. etc.  I keep feeling like it's too early still (I'm just past 32 weeks), but by the same token, I just have this *feeling* like I'm going to go early this time. I keep telling myself 8 weeks is a long time to go still... but if I go early, then it could be as little as like 5 weeks. Which doesn't sound like a ton of time. blah.  I already have an ocd type personality, and prepping for baby makes it that much worse!! 

I set up the change table/clothes/diapers 2 weeks ago when I was 32 weeks. It's the only thing I'm going to set up before baby arrives. I don't want anything else out until baby is here. I might set up the carseat before baby arrives but I'm unsure. I'll probably just wait.

Our storage is just our attic and the bedrail, diaper pail, bassinette and carseat are all easy to get down once baby comes.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#69 of 94 Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I have everything we *need* purchased, other than a few extras I wouldn't mind. It's just all still hiding downstairs. I *did* set up the pack and play that will live down there, but mostly just to dump all the newborn/0-3m clothing in, so I had somewhere to put it. I have the diapers upstairs put into the drawers they'll eventually live in, but a bunch of them are new and haven't even been taken out of their packaging. And the drawer unit itself isn't in the final resting place either. lol.   Carseat is sitting in the kitchen, but I think it probably won't get installed until we have the baby or very close, because we're planning a homebirth and shouldn't need to use it right away anyways. 

I think I just want so badly to wash and prep everything, and set up the sidecar... but I also feel silly. Like that's me being a keener. hmp. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#70 of 94 Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 AM

Since I had to come to terms with the greater likelyhood of early babies, and the fact that I would get bigger, faster, and too exhausted to get most of the things done I'd like to do ... Everything has been 80% set up for weeks now, since around 28 & 30 weeks.

Both carseat bases are installed in my car. One of the seats is in there also - the 2nd one is in the house, waiting till babies' arrival, as it'd be a PITB for DS to get around every time he gets in and out of the car. Bassinet is in my room ready to go, pack & play in on the main level ready to go (though, I do need to find the sheets for it ... but at least this way, the cat is only getting cat hair on the mattress itself and not the clean sheets!).

Dresser is stocked with tiny clothes, change pad is on top of it. Diapers are ready (sposies for early months) and stockpiled for a while, I think we have about 800 diapers on hand in preemie/NB/1s. We'll fill in more once they are here and we have a better idea of size/growth.

Hospital bags have been packed for over a month. One for labour/delivery/single night stay. One for babies if we're there longer, and one for me if we're there longer (we can leave those 2 in the car until needed).

Two weeks ago at my MW appt, they gave me my 'carry this with you all the time' binder with my pre-natal records, u/s records, birth registration forms etc.

~SynEpona~
#71 of 94 Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@SynEpona-I cannot find good statistics on gestation range of twins. I'm mostly convinced I'll make it to at least 40 weeks, but then worry I'm kidding myself;) I'm already sooo freaking worn out, I'm not sure how I'll get all my to dos done. I have so much on the list! I'll be 31 weeks this friday-feel so overwhelmed:(
#72 of 94 Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaustin View Post

@SynEpona-I cannot find good statistics on gestation range of twins. I'm mostly convinced I'll make it to at least 40 weeks, but then worry I'm kidding myself;) I'm already sooo freaking worn out, I'm not sure how I'll get all my to dos done. I have so much on the list! I'll be 31 weeks this friday-feel so overwhelmed:(

I can't remember where I read what info now ... but either 35 or 36 weeks are 'average' for twins, depending on which article/study/stats you want to believe. Of course, the average is generated by lots of people being both far earlier, and far later.

After 38, there is some risk of the placenta breaking down *which I believe only applies if they are actually sharing one placenta*. Twins sharing both placenta & amniotic sacs are evicted (by C-section mostly, from what I can tell), around 36 weeks, due to risk of cord entanglements etc. as a standard practice by many OBs, and there does seem to be some data to actually support this, along with the increased U/S to check for twin-to-twin-transfusion-syndrome, which can be a real and dangerous risk with those twins.

32 weeks was my deadline for getting things done, b/c I knew I was running out of energy & the giant belly was getting in the way!

I'll see if I can find any of the actual data I looked at before. I know I have the Canadian society of ob/gyn's position paper on twin pregnancy & delivery saved on my computer :) but that wouldn't be the US standards.

~SynEpona~
#73 of 94 Old 04-23-2014, 09:42 AM

Yes-it is so hard to wade through the info out there. Mine are di/di and I've had no problems/complications, so I feel like the statistics lump all of them together and don't give a good representation about uncomplicated pregnancies. I would love any info you have:) I do hope I'll get some energy back, but am doubtful-I went grocery shopping at two stores yesterday and I was completely drained! Was not expecting this sort of low.
#74 of 94 Old 04-23-2014, 10:20 AM

In our region all twin pregnancies appear to be treated as though they are the highest risk type.

This (non-medical) blog post does a reasonable job summarizing most of what I've read elsewhere http://www.hellobee.com/2013/01/08/types-of-twins-and-the-implications/

This is a good one too http://naturallyparentingtwins.net/wp/?page_id=183

The Dr.Luke site (through the quiz I think?) says that the average for twins is just over 35 weeks, and birth weights are 5.5lb each.

I have to remember to only do one 'errand' per day, otherwise I really need a full day to recover. It's crazy. Even on Sunday, I didn't *do* much, we went to church, came home, drove 75 min to my parents (I was a passenger), sat around, visited, had family dinner, drove home. And all day Monday I was totally and completely exhausted, stiff and sore. Grocery shopping at 2 stores would have been far too much for me. My new approach to groceries is to go 2x a week for smaller trips, and at least once a week ask DH to pick up things on his way home. Either that, or I go alone after the kids are in bed, and it's a bit easier to do one weekly trip w/o a toddler 'helping'.

I am still walking to get DS from school, most of the time, but he's getting a ride in the morning -- either DH drops him off on his way to work, or I drive him in the morning. I cannot do both walks in one day. :(

~SynEpona~
#75 of 94 Old 04-23-2014, 09:13 PM

I just keep ticking away items on the To Do list.  I would prefer to have everything finished early (but feel like there is so much to do--partially perfectionistic tendencies shining through. 

Here are my lists...each category is roughly in the order of importance/appropriate timing

Baby Care Preparation

install car seat--test in my car, install in Robs

Make additional registry o

Go to Buy Buy Baby to finalize registry

try on baby carriers

Choose a pediatrician  oo    WE MEET HIM NEXT WEEK, BUT EXPECT TO LIKE HIM

pertussis shot 

have car seat installation safety-checked

Buy necessary registry items and other items on Buy List o

wash clothes

wash diapers

wash linens

Hospital Preparation

Pre register for hospital--read paperwork book

Decide on birth plan choices--cord blood cutting/banking

Decide on birth plan choices--episiotomy

write down a birth plan--epidural, umbillucal cord, episiotomy, room environment, skin to skin, breastfeeding etc

discuss blood sugar options (I AM A SEVERE REACTIVE HYPOGLYCEMIC AND MORE WORRIED ABOUT NOT EATING THAN PAIN OR OTHER ASPECTS OF DELIVERY.  PLAN TO ASK DOCTOR IF I CAN MAKE ICE CHIPS AND POPSICLES OUT OF A PURE WATER HIGH PROTEIN DRINK I DRANK BEFORE MY WISDOM TOOTH SURGERY)

pack hospital bags I EMPTIED THE BAG OF THE GIFTS I WAS STORING THERE AND HAVE PUT MY NEW PAJAMAS IN THERE

have docs night and day number, hospital number handy/posted

plan who to call when labor starts

decide who you will tell after Steven arrives and how

Make a playlist of calming music to play during labor, load on device with speakers too

charge iPod

Get House Prepared

test for mold o  YESTERDAY, THE MAINTENANCE GUY CAME AND LOOKED AT OUR SHOWER.  WE HAVE A MOLD PROBLEM TO THE POINT THEY ARE RIPPING OUT THE OLD TILES AND WALL AND PUTTING IN A MOLD-RESISTANT PLASTER AND NEW TILE.  THE MOLD ON THE OUTSIDE SUGGESTS THERE IS A LOT MORE UNDER THE TILES.  EEK!  I WENT TO THE OFFICE TODAY AND BROUGHT UP CONCERNS 1) I WANT THEM TO TEST TO DETERMINE THE TYPE OF MOLD AND LEVEL OF HARM  2) I ASKED THEM HOW THEY WILL PROTECT US/OUR BELONGINGS FROM THE MOLD SPORES THAT WILL ENTER THE AIR DURING THE SHOWER CONSTRUCTION, 3) I TOLD THEM I WANT THE CONDO TESTED FOR MOLD BEYOND THE BATHROOM DUE TO SIGNIFICANT FLOODING THAT TOOK PLACE IN THE UNIT ABOVE US A YEAR AGO.  SHE WAS RESPONSIVE AND WILL TALK TO THE SUPERVISOR AND CALL ME BACK TOMORROW.  I HOPE ALL GOES WELL. 

get new smoke detectors

oil change

check brakes

declutter o  THIS WEEK I GOT RID OF 2014 THINGS (SINCE JAN. AND STARTING A NEW COUNT.  THAT MOTIVATES ME.  I AM TRYING TO GET RID OF MORE DONATE-ABLE STUFF THIS TIME AROUND)

choose a laundry soap, purchase

stock up on toiletries, medicine, TP, shampoo, cereal, oatmeal, snacks, nuts, fruit cups, water bottles,  o  IN PROGRESS

stock up on meals--freezer and pantry

clean house

Get an air mattress

think of ways family can help/visitors

Prepare the guest bathroom with towels, clean shower, soap

Financial Preparation

Find out insurance coverage for breast pump, know where to order it so it is ready to go     HOSPITAL GRADE MECHANICAL PUMP IS TOTALLY COVERED (100%)  SINCE IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND THE LADY I ASKED SOUNDED NEW I AM GOING TO CALL AGAIN TO DOUBLE CHECK

Coordinate the FMLA leave o  I CALLED, CANT OFFICIALLY START THE PAPERWORK UNTIL THE END OF MAY, WORKING ON FINDING A MATERNITY LEAVE SUB FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR (EASIER SAID THAN DONE SINCE I AM THE LIBRARIAN AND NOT AS MANY TO CHOOSE FROM)

choose insurance for baby

List monthly expenses o STARTED THE LIST

List debts o STARTED THE LIST

List large expenses o STARTED THE LIST

find out how to add baby to life insurance policy

Get life insurance increased

Make a will

choose a legal guardian,

Mental Preparation

Read parenting books o SO FAR I HAVE READ FROM THE HIPS, YOU'LL LOSE THE BABY FAT AND OTHER LIES, BRINGING UP BEBE, SNIPETS FROM OTHER BOOKS AND CURRENTLY READING THE BEST BIRTH

research la leche league

visit americanbaby.com/laborsupport

discuss parenting wish list with Rob

cat sleeping plan

dog jealousy plan

attend classes

learn/read about breastfeeding

read hospital birthing material

read a baby care book

learn techniques for how to cope with labor pain

Mom Care

buy new bras

do daily kegels o IN PROGRESS

come up with post partum health plan

change name legally MARRIAGE LICENSE ARRIVED IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY

change name in as many places as possible

dental appointment?

Nostalgia Preparation

look into hospital photographers

choose newborn photographer o FOUND ONE I REALLY LIKED FOR A REASONABLE COST LAST NIGHT, HAVE NOT CONTACTED HER YET

pregnancy journaling o IN PROGRESS

take belly photos IN PROGRESS

shutterfly album

plan baby showers

get special maternity photos taken 

write a letter to baby for future reading (maybe several)

make an online birth announcement (babycenter)

pick out birth announcements

get address list ready, print labels

print return address labels--

Relationship Care

go on a fancy date with husband

get father's day gift for husband  (June 15) o  FINALLY FOUND THE INFANT CHIEFS (HIS TEAM) JERSEY SIMILAR TO THE  PATRIOTS ONE (MY TEAM) THAT MY BROTHER GAVE ME..I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOREVER.  JUST WAITING/HOPING FOR A SALE

Things that I would like to get done before baby

mom and dad's anniversary album

hawaii album

wedding album

scrapbook layouts

sell gold

take care of wedding dress 1

take care of wedding dress 2

take care of wedding dress 3  (yes I have three dresses and probably should sell all of them.)

organize bathroom storage

make household bulletin board

decorate bedroom

buy mattress

Buy list:

registry

prefolds

snappis

wet bags

diaper pail

pail liners

post partum feminine products PARTIALLY COMPLETED

tucks pads

witch hazel

find a natural bath product  FOUND IT, HAVE NOT BOUGHT IT

find diaper cream (coconut oil?) 

nursing pillow

soothies gel pads

2 nursing bras

nursing clothes

disposable underwear ?--what DO you do for those first couple postpartum days...

new underwear for postpartum

loungewear

pajamas for hospital

post partum support belt

drying rack

baby life jacket

hospital bag list:  organize via labor bag, recovery bag, husband stuff, baby stuff

insurance info

nursing bra

nursing pads

socks

chapstick

snacks for Rob

mom go home outfit

mom pajamas 1

mom pajamas 2

toothbrush

toothpaste

hairbrush

hair elastics

cloth diapers

wet bag/plastic bag

snoogle

pillow

baby blanket

camera

lotion

foot lotion

cell phone

charger

nook

nook charger

robe

extra batteries

makeup

husband change of clothes

husbandsomething for photos

me something for photos

husband pillow, blanket/sheets

vending machine change

check book

going home outfits for steven

socks for steven

Declutter To Dos

entry closet

living room corners

storage closets

bedroom declutter

utility closet declutter

bedroom

box of organizing corners

*check mold situation o

1.Cover walls with fabric  o

2. Buy crib/mattress/assemble with bed skirt, sheets  o

3.  Assemble crib mobile

4.  find/buy dresser on craigslist/ paint dresser white and add accents o     buying an ikea dresser instead

5.  buy ikea expedit and containers    using what I have already on hand instead

6. buy white lantern for cieling/ use rub on for accent or paint accent (accent=?)

7. buy airplane/ buy supplies/ make banner/hang o

8. buy 4 frames for book art/ paint white/ frame/ hang

9. paint book racks/assemble/hang

10. entrance wall small art

11.  make changing table mobile

12. make/find changing table wall art

13.string and  hang alphabet letters along curtain

14. hang art over craft supplies

15.  get lamps/night lighting

16. cover craft storage drawers with white contact paper.

other:  cover rocker cover in red/blue fabric

paint/buy side table to use for nursing

buy tablecloth for table

stool/ottoman for rocker

put rug down

#76 of 94 Old 04-24-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post

write a letter to baby for future reading (maybe several)

What I have done for both kids, and will do again for the new babies, is buy a hardcover journal, and write small letters semi-regularly. Definitely on big milestones - birthdays, first days of school, new activities, finishing levels of classes etc., along with random times. It's much easier, for me, to have the books in one spot, and just add new dated entries as I go, than to keep track of a box of letters :)

~SynEpona~
#77 of 94 Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

What I have done for both kids, and will do again for the new babies, is buy a hardcover journal, and write small letters semi-regularly. Definitely on big milestones - birthdays, first days of school, new activities, finishing levels of classes etc., along with random times. It's much easier, for me, to have the books in one spot, and just add new dated entries as I go, than to keep track of a box of letters :)

Essentially I have started the same thing on penzu (an online journal I can print out), but I wanted some sealed letters that are to open for certain life events.  The whole aspect of keeping track of them is an aspect to consider though! :)

#78 of 94 Old 04-25-2014, 12:50 PM

@SynEpona-thanks so much for the info-very helpful!
I'm so impressed with everyone's lists! It really helps seeing them and organizing my own ideas of what needs to get done. Only biting off little bits right now:/
#79 of 94 Old 04-25-2014, 03:44 PM

I feel like we have very little to do before the baby is born, other than get down the box from the garage labeled "Boy: Newborn to 3 months". However, we're going mini van shopping this weekend, which is the only other thing on our pre-baby to-do list. We drive a Honda Fit now, and I can't see 2 adults, 3 car seats, and an 80 lb dog fitting well in that car, though I do love it. Anyone have an opinion on Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna? We're looking at getting one used that is around 5 years old. 

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
#80 of 94 Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by researchparent View Post
Anyone have an opinion on Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna?

There is a point, somewhere probably about 5 years ago, that the 'better' one for carseats and seating switches from one to the other. I can't recall when it was though -- and I believe it might be most relevant in Canada where we are required by law to top tether forward facing seats, so having more tether anchors can really make a vehicle more family friendly!

There is vehicle sub-forum at car-seat.org that might have the answer as to which model years are best bets for fitting 3 carseats.

~SynEpona~
#81 of 94 Old 04-25-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

There is a point, somewhere probably about 5 years ago, that the 'better' one for carseats and seating switches from one to the other. I can't recall when it was though -- and I believe it might be most relevant in Canada where we are required by law to top tether forward facing seats, so having more tether anchors can really make a vehicle more family friendly!

There is vehicle sub-forum at car-seat.org that might have the answer as to which model years are best bets for fitting 3 carseats.

That's interesting. I know my husband says that at least with the 2014 model, the Honda Odyssey is supposed to be much more flexible for car seats. I think there are latch points on every seat. I have no idea about 5 years ago though. We'll have to look into it.

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
#82 of 94 Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

We're making progress! Funnily enough, a lot of the progress has been things we didn't intend to work on yet, but either way, we're getting lots done. I'm hoping to really push for the rest of this house stuff to be done in the next week, and then I'll update with more of the "immediately before baby" stuff like getting my birth bins together, and installing the carseat, etc. 

Washed all his clothes yesterday and got them put into the closet today. Got the shared brother/sister closet all set up with bins in a way that I think will work. We're on our way! 

Home (All completed by May 1 unless otherwise noted):

• Make back stair ‘door’
  • Finish stairs (paint touchups and some moldings)
  • Install baseboard / Closet Bar & trim
  • Get windows installed (or at least have quote/timeline)  Not financially plausible right now. 
  • Get someone in to DEEP CLEAN around June 1 (my MIL said she would, booked for weekend of the 31-1st.)
  • Hang artwork- over couch, over bed
  • Set up a desk downstairs with printer and “inbox” area  Desk area is DONE! Just need to move printer downstairs, and maybe setup a calendar, etc, and finish moving stuff out of boxes and into the drawers! 
  • Clean out spare bedroom to be workout area and pack and play sleep space  Room mostly empty, pack and play set up. Need to move a few more things, bring yoga mat and weights down. Maybe find blackout cover for the window? 
  • Recaulk bathtub/shower
  • Front hall metal trim
  • Deep Clean Laundry room
  • Sell all girly clothing and the rest of our sale stuff. If not sold, drop off at VV June 1. 

Baby:

• Pick a few name choices
  • Move bedroom around and setup sidecar (bungy and everything)
  • Raise up mattress in crib by 6”
  • Clean pack n play and set up downstairs with ‘spares’
  • Add a shelf/storage space above the crib for my stuff
  • Set up changing area
  • Buy baby book and start filling out!
  • Acquire newborn diapers  from the WAMF stash and prep
  • Purchase/Make:
    • car seat mirror, ring sling, monitor, wash cloths, change pad “cover”, wipes

For the Birth:

• Update a very basic birth plan/coping tactics to suggest (mostly done, just waiting for last minute inspiration)
  • Update C-section/transfer birth plan
  • Update phone number list
  • Update list of things for the birthing bin
  • Print ALL THE LISTS!
  • Find a childminder and collect info
  • Find a photographer :/
  • Birth Pool: Get from Lynda!

Misc Tasks:

• Prep EI Paperwork
  • Make meals- snacks, cookies, breads, main meals, etc 

#83 of 94 Old 04-26-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by researchparent View Post

That's interesting. I know my husband says that at least with the 2014 model, the Honda Odyssey is supposed to be much more flexible for car seats. I think there are latch points on every seat. I have no idea about 5 years ago though. We'll have to look into it.

Here's a post that might be helpful -- http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=264093

~SynEpona~
#84 of 94 Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Bumping this thread because I had trouble finding it and need to take care of business!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#85 of 94 Old 05-20-2014, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

We've been making really good progress. It's the same things tripping us up though, that we can't seem to get devoted to. BUT- the pertinent things are all together. 

This is our new current updated list:

Home (All completed by May 23 unless otherwise noted):

• Make back stair ‘door’
  • Install baseboard / Closet Bar & trim
  • Get someone in to DEEP CLEAN around June 1 (my MIL- booked for weekend of the 31-1st.)

Baby:

• Pick a few name choices
  • Raise up mattress in crib by 6”
  • Acquire newborn diapers  from the WAMF stash

For the Birth:

• Find a childminder and collect info
  • Find a photographer :/
  • Watch a few birth videos again!
  • Fill birth bins with following: “Medical”, comfort, after birth.
  • Have linens ready to be layered
  • Have plastic ready to put on floor

Misc Tasks:

• Prep EI Paperwork
  • Make meals- snacks, cookies, breads, etc 

I also need to add onto the section for the birth, but I was waiting until the other "bigger" (house) things were done first. Things like layering my sheets, and getting the ice packs ready, filling the fridge with water, etc etc. The types of things that I'll do as soon as I start feeling contractions, so I know they're ready once I'm in full blown labor. 

#86 of 94 Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 AM

Baby to-do list:

*Order tub

*find encapsulation provider

*update birth plan doc

*copy off hypnobabies info sheet for midwives

*wash baby clothes and diapers 

*hem nursery curtains

*put together birth supplies

Kitchen:

*2nd (hopefully final too) coat of paint

*scrub/degrease oven

*make more freezer meals

*start double shopping and stock up on favorite snacks

Bedrooms:

*order new shades

*install above mentioned shades

*find new dresser or storage solution for boys' clothes

*switch out sizes for two of the boys 

Laundry Room

*final coat of paint

*put everything back in

*decorate

*type out laundry instructions

Outside

*pick out and install new front lights

*pot tomatoes and herbs

*landscape around kids' playhouse

*clean out garage

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#87 of 94 Old 06-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Bumping as I'm doing some major nesting now and still have a ton left to do!

#88 of 94 Old 06-10-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Bumping as I'm doing some major nesting now and still have a ton left to do!
I do too! Baby isnt due until 6/29 and I finish work today or tomorrow hopefully (the school year is finished but I am not finished with work must dos and setting up a substitute for the library). Once work is out of the way I think things will get accomplished and I will have to relax. Then again that could all change when I have my doc appt this afternoon.
#89 of 94 Old 06-10-2014, 05:43 AM

Here is what I have left to do, some needs to get done, some won't get done:

Baby Care Preparation
have car seat installation safety checked in DH car
install car seat base in my car, safety check
sew cloth wipes
prep wool diaper covers
about 3 small loads of baby laundry
make and post washing machine directions and labels so helpers and daddy know how to wash diapers, what detergent is for what etc.

Hospital Preparation
pack hospital bags--mostly packed, few more items needed
get camera memory cards cleared so plenty of data space

have docs night and day number, hospital number handy/posted
plan who to call when labor starts
decide who you will tell after Steven arrives and how
talk to doc about birth preferences
Get House Prepared
get new smoke detectors
oil change
check brakes
decluttering--been working on this the whole time, making a lot of progress

stock up on toiletries, medicine, TP, shampoo, cereal, oatmeal, snacks, nuts, fruit cups, water bottles--halfway there

stock up on meals--freezer and pantry
clean house
clean carpets

Financial PreparationCoordinate the FMLA leave o Must wait until July 18
Coordinate the substitute

Change cell phone providers (to save money)

find out how to add baby to life insurance policy
Get life insurance for DH

Mental Preparation
Read parenting books--baby care book in progress, breastfeeding book next, baby sleep book after that, calm mom/happy baby after that

research la leche league resources

train cats to sleep outside the room

attend working mom and breastfeeding class at the end of the month

read hospital birthing material
practice breathing, labor coping strategues

Mom Care
do daily kegels

come up with post partum health plan (exercise classes, timeline, options to get out of the house)

change last name in all the places necessary

Nostalgia Preparation
update pregnancy journal
update belly photo
take artistic belly photos

shutterfly album-upload photos and complete majority of the pages
write a letter to baby, (maybe several)
address announcement envelopes

print return address labels

Relationship Care
go on a fancy date

Things that I would like to get done before baby
mom and dad's anniversary album
hawaii album--photos printed

wedding album--not likely to happen, but did print a collage print and framed it already using shutterfly

sell gold for cash

take care of wedding dress 1
take care of wedding dress 2
take care of wedding dress 3 (yes three dresses, long story lol)

make household bulletin board--spray paint frame, add cork

decorate bedroom
finish thank you cards for baby gifts (5 left to go!)

Buy list:
witch hazelnursing friendly, postpartum friendly clothes--2 shirts, but would like more and need bottoms desperately

nipple butter
night gown for hospital--heard this is nice so you can deal with postpartum care easily

lanolin
baby healthcare/grooming items--medicine dispenser, nail files, brush

bathtime warming towelchanging pad
portable night light
car seat base
baby carrier--think I decided on the ktan breeze

carbon dioxide detector
1 more newborn cloth diaper cover
waterproof changing table pads
cloth diaper liners

Nursery:
hang decorations on wall, some need to be DIY
hang book shelves on wall--IKEA spice racks have been assembled and painted at least

buy supplies, sew name bunting
hang airplane from ceiling

make mobile for over the changing table

yikes!
#90 of 94 Old 06-10-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post
Change cell phone providers (to save money)
This is on my to do list for TODAY! Wondering who you are switching to/from.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page