Pregnancy To Do Lists! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 06-11-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Okay, after getting a TON of stuff done in the last week or so, I realized I need to completely restructure my list so I can more easily focus on what I CAN do instead of getting frustrated by the things I want done that I have no control over.

For me to do:
Wet and freeze pads (use witch hazel, aloe, honey, or a combo)
Talk to sibling doula about birth details and expectations
Clean and reorganize toy room
Finish reorganizing kitchen
Arrange to pick up changing pad from L
Finish planning fall home school schedule and history curriculum
Once fishing line arrives, make baby's mobile (started!)
Plan as many details of Sip N See as possible ahead of time

For DH to do:
Hang fabric in birth room
Put shelf in office closet
Hang shelving in bathroom
Really clean off front porch

To be done if/when money becomes available:
(ETA: Just found out our money won't be coming until late July at the earliest. Will have to limit spending to barest necessities.)
Haircut (made appt for due date)
Buy gifts for midwives

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)

Last edited by Sihaya; 06-19-2014 at 06:59 PM.
#92 of 94 Old 06-21-2014, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Okay, after getting a TON of stuff done in the last week or so, I realized I need to completely restructure my list so I can more easily focus on what I CAN do instead of getting frustrated by the things I want done that I have no control over.

For me to do:
Wet and freeze pads (use witch hazel, aloe, honey, or a combo)
Talk to sibling doula about birth details and expectations
Clean and reorganize toy room
Finish reorganizing kitchen
Arrange to pick up changing pad from L
Finish planning fall home school schedule and history curriculum
Once fishing line arrives, make baby's mobile (started!)
Plan as many details of Sip N See as possible ahead of time

For DH to do:
Hang fabric in birth room
Put shelf in office closet
Hang shelving in bathroom
Really clean off front porch

To be done if/when money becomes available:
(ETA: Just found out our money won't be coming until late July at the earliest. Will have to limit spending to barest necessities.)
Haircut (made appt for due date)
Buy gifts for midwives
I had to pare down my list to allow time for relaxation...it is hard to let go Especially when you know getting xyz done now would make life easier later. Your list reminded me to soak and freeze a few pads...forgot about that. When are you having your sip n see? A friend is throwing us a baby q in august but I would like to check with the ped. To make sure it is not too early to have so many visitors.
#93 of 94 Old 06-21-2014, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview222 View Post
When are you having your sip n see? A friend is throwing us a baby q in august but I would like to check with the ped. To make sure it is not too early to have so many visitors.
The original plan was end of July/beginning of August, but the tax return we expected in the spring might not be here until the end of August and we can't afford to have a party without that money (we can't host in our tiny house and the places I want charge $50-250 rental fees). I really, really, don't want to try to have it in September because it is way too hectic for people with kids, but any later than that and the baby won't be "new" any more. Hopefully our return comes in late July and we can have it in mid-August. Otherwise, I'm not really sure.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#94 of 94 Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
The original plan was end of July/beginning of August, but the tax return we expected in the spring might not be here until the end of August and we can't afford to have a party without that money (we can't host in our tiny house and the places I want charge $50-250 rental fees). I really, really, don't want to try to have it in September because it is way too hectic for people with kids, but any later than that and the baby won't be "new" any more. return comes in late July and we can have it in mid-August. Otherwise, I'm not really sure.
I hope it comes quickly! We have friends with a house hosting ours but still worry a bit about the money we will kick in for food etc. I work in a school so I will be paid until august then will lose about 1/3 of my salary for the 12 weeks I take off. Educators have it made until maternity leave ive learned because the salary is divided by the shorter work year so each day missed is a big wammie. I might even have a negative paycheck from insurance costs at one point. I try not to think about it but definitely understand your frustration.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page