May Chat/Vent - - - The Final Countdown! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2014, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else getting excited:bgbounce?  I am! 
I'm trying to play it cool :Wbut inside, I'm scared.gif.  
OMG.  I'm/we're going to have a baby.  She's going to be here really soon!  We have so much to do!  Bolt.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 09:42 AM

I'm ready! My babies usually come 2 to 4 weeks from now(Im 35 weeks tmrw) and I'm really just reeling w/ how fast we got here!

Baby is loooww.... I can feel her head just one knuckle in, against my pelvic brim. Thankful she's head down and engaged.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Elora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Eilish Neve Isebeul, 6/12/14!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 AM

We're selling our house - hopefully signing things with the agent this weekend or early next week. DH also accepted a job offer that means a cross country move for our family this summer. And, his tentative start date is the day after my due date. Obviously, we're not quite sane.

Anyway, I'm at 35wk4days according to the calendar on Pregnology.com, and both the OB & MW expect twins to arrive by 38 weeks. So, 2.5 weeks?! I've got 3 weekly appts now - OB, MW, NST. Plus one more U/S next week.

Somewhere in the next few days I need to finish packing up the rest of my sewing/craft room, and also get both kids rooms closer to 'listing photo ready', and do the same for the basement TV/Family room, which I haven't even been down to in a week or more, b/c DH was finishing some renovation work on the basement stairs.

I've got some very good friends & family that have offered to help out, giving me almost daily help for 3-6 hours from mid-May through end of June, and then we'll figure out July later :P One of those friends came & helped for several hours yesterday and we got a lot of the kitchen cleaned up, cupboards tidied and extra tupperware, small appliances & baking supplies (I don't like to bake anyway, and won't have time ... no need to have 4 pie plates, and 6 bread pans close at hand!) packed up and DH took many boxes to our storage unit last night.

~SynEpona~
Old 05-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@SynEpona!! That is totally crazy! You sound pretty happy and un-phased:) way to go-I wish you all the best on your move and preparations♡
Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaustin View Post

@SynEpona!! That is totally crazy! You sound pretty happy and un-phased:) way to go-I wish you all the best on your move and preparations♡

I'm pretty sure I'm just so completely overwhelmed that I can't process anything, and am in complete denial at how complicated life is about to be!

MIL said something the other day about how much was going on, and I told her I was certain to just get to Christmas and be glad it was all over! My kids (the bigs) will watch too much TV, and play on the tablets/phones too much, and eat too many frozen french fries ... and I'm fortunate that I have always been able to get by on very little sleep for longish time frames. So, we'll survive, and look back on this year with some amazement in the future :)

~SynEpona~
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 AM

It's pretty crazy when I think how soon this baby can come and I can have a homebirth. I'm 35w3d, so I can officially have this baby at home in 1 week, 4 days, yikes, thats SO soon!

My babies have come at 39 weeks and 40 weeks, so I don't think it will be THAT soon, but there's still a few things I want to be ready with.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

Old 05-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

We're selling our house - hopefully signing things with the agent this weekend or early next week. DH also accepted a job offer that means a cross country move for our family this summer. And, his tentative start date is the day after my due date. Obviously, we're not quite sane.

LOL :) I'd agree you sound pretty crazy to me, but hey at least you aren't bored, sitting around waiting for baby!! Best of luck with everything, and I'm sure your kiddos will look back at the tv/tablet/french fry period with fond remembrance. For them it sounds like a wonderful adventure! 

So I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and kind of happy that I still have a bit before baby comes. Though I some crampy braxton hicks last night, those were not cute. Relaxed, drank lots of water, ate protein, and reminded this little lady that she can't come for at least 3 more weeks because mommy doesn't want a hospital birth! Not to mention I have a "baby bucket" project list a mile long and my husband is finally getting a breather from work to help me tackle some of it. This weekend I get to throw a little sprinkle for a friend who is due 3 weeks before me (last time around our we were preggers together and the babies are 3 weeks apart in age too!). The loose theme is a "bun in the oven" and I just finished printing these adorable favor boxes! So excited! 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:42 AM

I've done my paper work with the office yesterday, it's now official, I'm leaving work on may 30th. My DD is June 27. So from now it's 4 wks work, 4 wks home if this baby don't come early.

I feel so done with work already, I have more and more trouble concentrating, getting ready in the morning is so tiring. I still have lots of energy and feel pretty good physically but I'd rather clean my house, organize my stuff and cook ;-)

I've been sleeping badly all week and woke up multiple times with bad leg cramps both last nights ... I'm adding magnesium tablets to my prenatals from now on and I'll try a bath in Epsom salt tonight I'm so sleepy all day and can't be comfortable at night it's frustrating.

For sure this post qualify as a vent !

I wish us all a nice month of may, especially to those who live in a place where the cold temperature and snow / rain doesn't seems to want to leave. I'm wishing for sun !

Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Murphy View Post

Haven't purchased it, yet, but here's the Yelp link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/discount-fabrics-san-diego

Quote:
 Shoot, that doesn't look buying-from-a-distance friendly. It does make me think that I should go check out the discount fabric store by my house, though. I've sewn for years but I've always been too intimidated to check it out because I've heard that it's a poorly labeled mess, but huge and cheap. If they have gauze, I bet I could make Aden & Anais style swaddles much easier and cheaper than the 4 for $50 I found via Amazon/Target (I want the colorful ones).

I went to my fabric outlet and got gauze for $4.50/yd in yellow, red, and turquoise! Whoo-hoo! I was so excited that I bought extra to make a swaddle each for my husband's two cousins who are each 3 months behind me. Then I took the $50 4-pack of swaddles off my registry :)

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I can't believe we're in the home stretch...

I'm realizing just how little TIME I have, and how much CRAP I have to get done! holy cow! (I'm 35 weeks on Sat.)

I have 2 more weeks of work... and my office is moving - I basically have to get a bunch of digital ducks in a row and remove all my personal junk (and there's a lot of that, including a photography lighting setup and my folding bike - don't ask why these things are at my office, I don't have a good explanation) from the office in that time - DP is going to work for me for a week and make some extra $ helping to move the office...

I still don't have cloth diapers or a carseat... but I have a pack of newborn disposables and I don't own a car, so... I'm not too worried... unless amazon somehow ceases to exist while I'm in labor, we should be okay ;)

I'm feeling TIRED (all this running for the light and standing up on the subway is finally catching up to me, perhaps) and having a bit of back discomfort... I think I've gained 30lbs all in my belly/boobs... I think my arms and legs have actually shrunk during pregnancy... but they also feel like they lost all their muscle, so... meh.  

Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 AM

For me personally I won't consider it the final countdown until the beginning of June. I've never gone sooner than 3 days past my due date, and 2 of them were at or beyond 41 weeks. So I feel like I still have 7-8 weeks left. Which is good because I have a freaking JOB INTERVIEW next week!! scared.gif This is for a position that I first started corresponding about before I was pregnant. Terrible timing, but we'll see what happens......

Old 05-02-2014, 02:47 PM

I am not even due until the end of June....that is my vent!!! 

I expect to go a little early but I did last time too..and went a couple weeks over due! 

so who can say.... my final countdown starts the first week of June because that is when I would feel safest birthing UC I will be 36 weeks then.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraofMars View Post

I am not even due until the end of June....that is my vent!!! 

Amen- me too... that and everything hurts... and nothing fits and my partner thinks it's funny but it doesn't feel funny. Being pregnant is a lot harder than I remember. 13 years will do that I guess. My poor old body will never forgive me :(

three radical teens DS jammin.gif18, DS REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif 14,hammer.gif​ DD 12. Expecting waterbirth.jpghomebirth.jpg DD#2 3rdtri.gifJune 23/2014. Madly and passionately in love with dp_malesling.GIF joy.gif
Old 05-02-2014, 03:13 PM

Amen to the nothing fits. I feel like I'm bursting out of everything and my clothing options are quickly dwindling. I feel myself just starting to enter that phase where the pain of labor is a welcomed idea over having to endure the discomfort/pain of this end part!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Elora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Eilish Neve Isebeul, 6/12/14!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:02 PM

Yeah I'm running out of clothes that cover the belly (34 weeks), and that didn't happen last time. I also can't WAIT for the weather to finally freaking warm up here, so I can pull out my skirts and capris and shorts, that are so much comfier than what I've been squeezing myself into lately! 

I'm counting down to 37 weeks, which is when I can homebirth. I won't let my brain think of labor before then. 3 weeks to finish 'preparing' sounds decent. And then I've got 3 weeks to get impatient. lol. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 05-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Today is my last day at work. I'm 35 weeks 1 day. Get to rest my pubic bone and sciatic nerve that have both been KILLING ME DEAD. 

Also, um, heartburn. All the time. Doesn't matter what I do. Papaya, Tums, Tagamet, small meals, no water with meals, water with meals, apple cider vinegar, big meals, no laying down after food. Breathing AIR gives me heartburn. 

I don't really want this baby to come too early, I want to enjoy a few weeks of quiet time resting before. But I wouldn't mind 38-39 weeks! Heh. First baby, though...who knows.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:59 PM

Yeay! I think you will feel so much better now. I had sciatic pain with my second and only when sitting at a desk working:)
Old 05-03-2014, 12:41 AM

I cant believe its May!! Now when people ask me, how long to go, I just cant believe i can say-- oh about 6 weeks or so.... 

I know that maybe Im in the minority here, but I have honestly loved being pregnant, I have never felt so grounded and centered in my whole life and honestly full of purpose. I really feel like this is what my body is meant to be doing and that its such a miracle that my body was able to make a baby. Really just soaking up these last few weeks, cuddling with my husband lots, sleeping, drinking teas and doing lots of yoga. 

Im also working with my doula on my Blessing way circle, my MIL bought these blank prayer flags and sent some to my parents in the states and the rest of her family have been decorating them and they are turning out gorgeous and will hang above babies side carred cot.  

Anyone else have a blessing way? 

Me and hubs expecting our first little one in June bfinfant.gif
Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 AM

@jessdiamonds chewing gum works for me! Some days it returns as soon as I spit my gum out but maybe worth a shot! No fun either way though, I swear water gives me heartburn some days. Oh the joys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratefulgoddess View Post

I know that maybe Im in the minority here, but I have honestly loved being pregnant, I have never felt so grounded and centered in my whole life and honestly full of purpose. I really feel like this is what my body is meant to be doing and that its such a miracle that my body was able to make a baby. Really just soaking up these last few weeks, cuddling with my husband lots, sleeping, drinking teas and doing lots of yoga. 

That's seriously awesome!! So wonderful that you're enjoying it, soak it up mama!

Meeting a potential Doula in the am (well in like 8 hours). We just decided this past week we really want one, and one who is hypnobabies cert. This one sounds amazing, the only bummer is she takes 2 clients/month and already has 2 for June. I know it's late to be searching but she's willing to take us on with the understanding that if either of the other two are in labor they get priority. Makes total sense, and I really have peace things will work out no mater what. I'm smack in the middle of her two current clients, the first is 5 days earlier but a first time mama so maybe she'll go late and I'll go a bit early again. :)

Now to find a perfect house cleaner for the summer! 4 kiddos 5 and under = housekeeper for a bit! We had one after DS #3 was born and ended up keeping her until he was 10 months old! It was great! Especially with starting our homeschool kindergarten around fall I'm hopeful we can stretch the budget until October, just so I can adjust to all the new pieces in the life before picking back up with cleaning our castle. 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:

I cant believe its May!! Now when people ask me, how long to go, I just cant believe i can say-- oh about 6 weeks or so.... 

I know that maybe Im in the minority here, but I have honestly loved being pregnant, I have never felt so grounded and centered in my whole life and honestly full of purpose. I really feel like this is what my body is meant to be doing and that its such a miracle that my body was able to make a baby. Really just soaking up these last few weeks, cuddling with my husband lots, sleeping, drinking teas and doing lots of teas.

You know? As much as I've said I hate it, I don't. What I don't enjoy is chronic pain and working during it. I enjoy baby movement and nesting and when my husband gets excited and touches my belly. I'm glad to get to do it, I've always wanted to, I just didn't expect the pain that I have to be so extreme. But I'm lucky now, I get to relax for a while.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Anyone else have a blessing way? 

I felt the exact sam way for my first 2 pregnancies, LOVED being pregnant! It felt like my calling in life. But this time around, I'm feeling OLD, and stiff. (Im only 32, so I'm still pretty young) I'm just a lot more active and busy this time around, so I think I'm just not able to rest and relax as much as before.

I'm trying to look at the positives this pregnancy, trying, trying...I mostly just think, yay, baby could be here in 1 week, so I'm really close to meeting him or her.

And for Blessing Ways, I was REALLY hoping to have one this time around. I never had one before, and this is my last child. But none of my friends or family have volunteered to give me one, and I don't want to give myself one. Ah well, maybe it's not meant to be :)

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wow.  I am due at the end of June (in my head I tell myself July 4 or so, so I don't get too impatient if I go past my June 29 DD).  Some of you are a whole 4 weeks ahead of me and really getting close.  I look forward to hearing about the births that are just weeks away.

As much as I keep telling myself I will probably go late, I realize I could just as easily go early.  Honestly, that freaks me out!  I do not feel ready--at all.  I have a lot of "must dos", "should dos" and "want tos" on my list.  I would not mind going to the full 40 weeks in order to get some of those items taken care of. 

Physically, however, I am FED UP.  This was a really hard week for me...for one, our cheap low rise saggy couch is incredibly uncomfortable.  I sometimes get stuck in it and have to struggle or ask for help to get out of it.  Turning from side to side in bed is also an issue now.  I pretty much had a melt down yesterday because I absolutely could not get comfortable on any piece of furniture in the house.  The bigger health issue is I think I am anemic.  I started to feel dizzy last week.  I called my doc who said to drink more/eat more and then call if things don't get better in two days.  Well, my symptoms got worse.  I could not stay awake.  I pretty much went to work, snuck out a few minutes early from work and went to bed then had trouble waking up in the morning (even after 12 plus hours of sleep 3 days in a row).  I felt zombie like.  I talked to the on-call doc who told me I should have my doc test for anemia.  I called my doc Friday morning left a message and never heard back.  (irritating and abnormal so the office must have been closed).   My appointment is on Tuesday so I will have him test my iron levels then, but I started to take an iron supplement in the meantime which seems to be helping. 

I am also having rib pain, like a bruised rib which I have read is not unusual but all the physical ickyness started this past week so overall I am just a bit whiny this week. 

Old 05-03-2014, 08:27 PM

@gratefulgodess- I actually love being pregnant too (although I did NOT love the first trimester.) I struggle a bit with feeling big and bulky and awkward in my clothes, but when i'm naked in front of the mirror, I totally feel like a goddess! I think my body must emit happy pregnancy hormones- I'm actually sad that we're getting to the end. Also- I love that idea for prayer flags!

@berrypavlova- 4 kids under five-- you are amazing mama! I'd insert one of those bowing down emoticons here if I could. And yay for a house cleaner- what a great gift to yourself!

Hugs to those who are dealing with heartburn, pain, ickiness, anemia, etc.

I keep having panic moments about how quickly time is passing and how I have so much I need to do, but when I sit down to write a list, I can't come up with much, other than get birth supplies and a carseat. I think I'm just not mentally ready for baby to be here and the pregnancy to be over-- as excited as I am about meeting our new little one. This may be our last baby, so I'm trying to just be present and savor these next few weeks of having a little life rolling around inside me.

~may all beings be free from suffering~
Old 05-04-2014, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitanamama View Post

I keep having panic moments about how quickly time is passing and how I have so much I need to do, but when I sit down to write a list, I can't come up with much, other than get birth supplies and a carseat. I think I'm just not mentally ready for baby to be here and the pregnancy to be over-- as excited as I am about meeting our new little one.

I'm having the same thing... I know I have so much to do, but when I attempt to DO it, I'm like... What's going on now?

I know I've had a really easy pregnancy *knock wood* but I can't say I LOVE being pregnant... I treasure the moments of the wee one squirming around inside and feeling him/her grow, but I can't wait to meet him/her on the outside! smile.gif
Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Midwife says, "Eat lots of sea salt and protein." 
I hear, "Eat lots of bacon."

Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Murphy View Post

Midwife says, "Eat lots of sea salt and protein." 
I hear, "Eat lots of bacon."

mmmmm.... bacon.

Bacon will be the thing that pulls this decade+ vegetarian back to meat! :) It was the last one I gave up (aside from fish, which I still eat).

~SynEpona~
Old 05-04-2014, 12:29 PM

*drool* one of my freezer meals is going to be bacon burgers.. Basically you chop/grind some bacon to the consistency of your meat, add bacon + sauteed cremini, salt & pepper, mix well, form into patties (I'm gonna do sliders) and cook. *drool*
Old 05-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I just have to say, it is amazing what a little iron supplement can do.  I feel human again.  It also helped that DH took me out of the house to enjoy fresh air and a nice lunch on a restaurant patio.  Everything has been  baby-baby-baby lately so it was best for my mental health to do something non-baby for a bit. 

Freezer meals---I need to start thinking about this.  We are renting at the moment so our fridge is small.  I figure I will stock up on freezer meals then, as they dwindle, I can start stocking up on breastmilk.  :)

Old 05-04-2014, 06:56 PM

I am feeling pretty good but I have realized that I get really tired, I took a 2 hour nap yesterday and today and I feel so much saner. My 3.5 year old is SO particular it really requires an extra stash of patience. I was getting lots of heartburn last week but that seems to have dwindled (nightly vanilla ice cream seemed to cure it, at least temporarily!) Baby was head down when I went to the midwife on Thursday but I am pretty sure he flipped again today. I tend to have flippy babies I have been having weekly acupuncture since 30 ish weeks so hopefully that will get him back in line! I have the stuff here to do moxibustion but I am pretty lazy about that too. 35 weeks soon! 

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

Old 05-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalMom View Post

I'm having the same thing... I know I have so much to do, but when I attempt to DO it, I'm like... What's going on now?

Yes, this. It's making me crazy that my bedroom is a mess and not ready for the baby but I have NO desire to clean and rearrange it. Time for elves to come do my dirty work while I sew and nap!

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014

User Tag List