Welcome! Roll call! Introduce yourself please! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 291 Old 10-12-2013, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypavlova View Post

LOL! Jenn & Amy It was just a joke, I'm not worried :) I have a friend who just birthed at the MN birth center in September and she LOVED IT! My sister-in-law tried blooma and liked it too. We're in the east burbs though so it's kind of a hike.

I'm so glad to hear more good things about the birth center! 

I went to Blooma once, but it's too far and too pricey for me. My SIL lives right by the old location and she went there all the time during her first pregnancy.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#32 of 291 Old 10-13-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Fish View Post

I'm Kelly or MamaFish

I have 5 children (13, 11, 9, 6, 4) though this is my 12th pregnancy

I live in PA

I home school and enjoy trying new recipes as I try to make healthier things.

My edd is June 14th... I think ;)

What area of PA?  Same with me and our kids are similar ages.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#33 of 291 Old 10-13-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Alright ladies! I have our Roll Call board up to date thus far with the info provided here in this thread.  I will keep it up to date as more people post.  Please check your info and if you would like any changes made, just post here and let me know!

Thanks ladies!

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#34 of 291 Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Hi Everyone!

I am still in shock that I am joining this thread. It seems too good to be true. Just got my BFP last night, and I think 2 more this morning confirmed it. Hoping it sticks, and looking forward to getting to know all of you ladies through this experience!

Name you want to be called: Water Mama :)
Area of location you live: Los Angeles, CA
How many children you have already, if any: 1 DS age 5 (6/3/08)
Estimated expectancy date: 6/25/14
Hobbies: swimming, water polo, singing, writing, watching films with DH, snowboarding, vintage shopping, and interior design
Anything else you like to share: This was my 2nd month TTC and I know how fortunate we are to have had such early luck. Can't wait to give DH his first child and make DS a big brother. Hoping for a girl, but would love raising another boy.

Edited: Due date is actually June 25th, 2014

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#35 of 291 Old 10-13-2013, 02:05 PM

Hello Ladies

Name you want to be called:  Bethany or Dawn or BethaniaDawn is fine :-)
Area of location you live: Northern Florida
How many children you have already, if any:  I have three other children, dd - 19, ds - 14 and ds - 10.  My dd is out of the house and it is just my two boys and I.
Estimated expectancy date: June 4th
Hobbies: Before my divorce 2 years ago, we had a farm and I grew my own herbs, had milk goats and made homemade soap.  Loved that lifestyle but now live in a city.  I still make soap on occasion and have joined the SCA - a medieval reenactment group. 
Anything else you like to share:  I have had 3 losses - one chemical, one early loss around 5 weeks and one loss at 8 weeks.  I am trying to be positive about this baby but know I will be a nervous wreck until I am out of the first trimester. 

#36 of 291 Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM

Water Mama - WELCOME :) CONGRATS.......So happy to have another OCT TTC board grad here with me! 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#37 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 09:32 AM

YAY!!! Berry--I am so glad to have joined you here!! 

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#38 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM

hey guys - my name is alex and i live in jersey city, nj (although i work in manhattan). i am 29 and i have no kids and this is my first time being pregnant!!! from what i can find, it looks like i'm due around june 15. i tested positive at home on two days ago (twice), and now i'm waiting until tomorrow to make an appointment with my doctor to be tested to make sure. so excited!

my husband and i own and operate a restaurant (he is the chef, i do everything else), and i also work a full-time job in the city, so it will be interesting figuring out how to juggle everything.

both my sisters and my mom gave birth at home to all three of their children (9 total, including me!), so i am 75% sure that's the road i want to go down. can't wait to be sure so that i can call them up and get their opinions.

FTM, due mid-june! restaurant owner and operator just outside NYC. 
#39 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginmama View Post

What area of PA?  Same with me and our kids are similar ages.

Near Lancaster.  You?

Kelly, married 21 years to my own personal superman

44yo  home schooling mama to:

dd SK (13.5)

dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)

ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)

edd June 14

#40 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 04:28 PM

SARAH /ECUADOR(QUITO)/1 DAUGHTER AGE 14 /EDD 6*11*14 HOBBIES :YOGA,NATURE,SWIMMING .HAPPY TO CONNECT AS I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS PREGNANCY AND NEED A HEALTHY WAY TO EXPRESS IT XO

#41 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi everyone :) Haven't officially tested yet, but no AF, and I'm pretty sure I am pregnant.

Name you want to be called: Crystal
Area of location you live: BC, Canada
How many children you have already, if any: 2, a boy (6) and a girl (3)
Estimated expectancy date: June 16th or 23rd (I may be off by a week because I wasn't keeping track, lol)
Hobbies: Photography, Travel, Sewing, Knitting
Anything else you like to share: Plan to have a home birth (had one with my 2nd)
Oh, and we aren't telling anyone for awhile, so shhhh :)

#42 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 05:42 PM

Hi, I'm Abbey.
I live in Virginia.
I have 3 children- a 5 yo boy and twin 2 yo girls
My EED is 6/24ish
I love running, reading, making art with my kids, knitting and being outdoors.
I just started homeschooling my kindergartner this year...it's turning out to be a big year for us! I'm guessing there might be an early ultrasound b/c of my fraternal twins...not that I wouldn't be happy for a double blessing again, but I would be perfectly content to just get one baby this time! All the extra medical attention wasn't really my cup of tea- I like to fly under the radar. :-)
#43 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 07:00 PM

Hi. My name is Michelle. I live on the west coast. I have 2 kids already: an almost 4 year old son and an 18 month old daughter. I think my due date is around June 17. My hobbies include blogging, reading, gardening, knitting, yoga, going to museums and other fun places,and chasing after my kids. This was definitely a planned pregnancy. I'm super excited to be pregnant again and just hoping everything goes well.

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
#44 of 291 Old 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM

Area of location you live: Midwest
How many children you have already, if any: Two girls - 5 1/2 and 3  One boy - 18 months
Estimated expectancy date: June 2nd but my previous children were all 42 weeks so it might be much later
Hobbies: I'm currently in school to become a CNM so school is pretty much my hobby
Anything else you like to share: So excited for baby number 4!!

#45 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 10:44 AM

oops! I wanted to reply to an individual but it went to the whole group. Can't seem to see how to delete the comment. 

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#46 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM

Hi Everyone!! So happy to be here!

Name you want to be called: Erin
Area of location you live: Texas
How many children you have already, if any: We have a 15mo DS who is currently cutting 5 teeth :)
Estimated expectancy date: June 2nd
Hobbies: cooking, reading, knitting, sewing, chasing after DS 
Anything else you like to share: This was a surprise pregnancy for us!! We were "planning" to space our children out a bit more, but as it stands they will be just under 2 years apart.  I am still nursing DS, so I am curious how that is going to play out during this pregnancy. Any advice from moms who have been in this boat before would be greatly appreciated.  Despite the shock of learning we were expecting, we are both SUPER excited to have another little one. I'm just over 7 weeks, and feeling pretty awful. Much worse this time around than with DS. Part of me wonders if it's b/c I'm still nursing.  Anyway, so glad to be here with you lovely mamas!!

#47 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 12:36 PM

Hi, I'm MrsNichols. I live in the Kansas City area with my husband and 3 year old daughter.

My EDD is June 9th.

I'm a stay at home mom and I love all things childbirth and breastfeeding related.

Very excited about the due date group. Any mommies on here around my area be sure to say hi, we are newish to the area and would love to talk to someone that is in the loop on the things around here.

#48 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM

Hi, Congratulations! I've been in this nursing and pregnant boat a couple times now. The first time was when my son was 14 months old and still nursing and I got pregnant. Not to freak you out, because everything turned out okay the next time, but I actually miscarried that time at 7 weeks. I think that pregnancy was just doomed to fail anyway, because every time I nursed my uterus would contract  (I'd be able to feel it) and then there would be some spotting. I really don't know if nursing caused the miscarriage or not, but my doctor didn't seem to think so. Anyway, I night-weaned him and got pregnant again when he was 17 months old. He was nursing less at that point, but still nursing. There were none of the problems I had the previous time and everything went great. I did end up cutting back nursing at some point because I was too sore and it was too painful, but I can't actually remember how far along I was. I remember once in awhile nursing would make me nauseous as well. I didn't want to cut him off cold turkey, so I'd tell him he could nurse while I sang the ABCs, then he had to let go. Thankfully, toward the end of the pregnancy there was no milk at all, so he eventually just quit.

Now my second child, a girl, is 18 months old and still nurses a couple times a day and once in the middle of the night. I'm only 5 week along, so the soreness hasn't kicked in yet, but I'm expecting it this time. I remember it was almost as bad as the first few weeks of having a newborn.

Good luck!

Michelle

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
#49 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 01:53 PM

Hi everyone!!!
I'm Logan
Central Pennsylvania
This is my very unexpected first
Due around June 19th
My hobbies are hiking, canoeing, cooking, cross-stitch and general craftyness

I teach preschool. This baby came out of nowhere but is obviously a happy accident. I'm a young-in and this is my first so the more help, the better!

#50 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeb388 View Post

.  I am still nursing DS, so I am curious how that is going to play out during this pregnancy. Any advice from moms who have been in this boat before would be greatly appreciated.  Despite the shock of learning we were expecting, we are both SUPER excited to have another little one. I'm just over 7 weeks, and feeling pretty awful. Much worse this time around than with DS. Part of me wonders if it's b/c I'm still nursing.  Anyway, so glad to be here with you lovely mamas!!

My first 2 boys are 24 months apart and I was still nursing #1 constantly when I got pregnant with #2. I ended up night weaning in my first trimester because I couldn't sleep and nurse at the same time anymore and it was making me crazy. My milk didn't seem to change until I was about 5 mo pregnant. My oldest ended up weaning just before the baby was born - his last daily nurse was at naptime and he gave up naps. It got more and more uncomfortable once my milk dried up. My husband took over bedtime routines and it wasn't too traumatic. 

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#51 of 291 Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 PM

My name is Jenny.
I live at the Maine coast.
I have four daughters.  (12/2003, 10/2005, 4/2009, and 12/2011)
My estimated due date is June 17.  Three of my previous pregnancies went 8 days past the EDD, and one went 17 days past.  June 25 might be closer ...
Hobbies:  Yoga, writing(fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry), hiking, biking, cooking.  We have two cats (1 year old siblings) and a pug/miniature poodle/terrier, etc. mix who is 6 years old and spunky.
I am a student working toward my bachelor's degree in English.  (Creative Writing)  I'm halfway there.  So far, I've been in school for ten years -- My first three semesters were 2003-2004, and I went back to school in 2010 -- took yet more time off when I was expecting DD#4.  Cultural Anthropology is likely to be incorporated at some point...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#52 of 291 Old 10-16-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeb388 View Post
 I am still nursing DS, so I am curious how that is going to play out during this pregnancy. Any advice from moms who have been in this boat before would be greatly appreciated. 

My first two were 21.5 months apart, and I nursed through the entire pregnancy.  I have nursed through three pregnancies with no effect on the pregnancies.  My milk tends to dry up toward the end of the second trimester.  Twice, the toddlers continued to comfort nurse anyway and my last one weaned herself when I told her there was no more milk (She was 2 years old plus a few months). 

The tender nipples was annoying that first trimester.  My nipples are already bothering me from nursing my 22-month old DD.  She nurses at least 4 times a day and right now she's teething so the night nursing has picked up as well. It's cold and flu season now, though, so I am so thankful to be able to supply her with convenient fluids and antibodies!  superhero.gif

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#53 of 291 Old 10-16-2013, 07:37 AM

Hey all I'm Charlie I'd due with the 2nd June 21st!  I am so excited to be checking in here.  I was looking for a DD buddies and realized that the roll call list wasn't in order yet so I used some of my early preggo insomnia to reformat a little. Looks like amyrobynne and I have the same due date. 

Also playing with this I noticed something interesting.  As of now first time mamas are way underrepresented in our group. I thought that was an interesting pattern.  

Quote:

kylaskye - Skye - baby #2 EDD May something

Snowydays - snowydays - baby #2 EDD 6/1

jesepumpkin - jese- baby #3 EDD 6/2

Dandy Lion - Erin - baby #3 EDD 6/5

SarahinDisguise - Sarah - baby #2 EDD 6/9

treehugginmama - Heather - baby #6 EDD 6/10

shenanegans - Sheena - baby #3 EDD 6/10
jennmk13 - Jenn - baby #3 EDD 6/10

lisaschowski - Lisa - baby #2 EDD 6/10
MakeItSew - no name given - baby #2 EDD 6/10

EarthyLady - Mandy - baby #5 EDD 6/11

Era28 - Erin - baby #2 ED D6/11

grassisgreener - Ang - baby #2 EDD 6/13

Mama Fish - Kelly - baby #6 EDD 6/14

ecnarwold - Erica - baby #2 EDD 6/14

onetwoten - JJ - baby #2 EDD 6/14

bennegesserit - no name given - baby #2 EDD 6/14

PhoebeMomIII - PhoebeMom - baby #2 EDD mid June

berrypavlova - berry - baby #4 EDD 6/20

amyrobynne - Amy - baby #4 EDD 6/21

Charliemae- Charlie- baby #2 EDD 6/21

Sihaya - Steph - baby #3 EDD 6/24

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
#54 of 291 Old 10-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm Pinkeeee, you can call me Pink or Pinky for short :) 

(I have a younger sister, she's "the brain" :D

I live in KC, Kansas side

This will be my first kid......SCARY!

Estimated Due Date: June 1st

Hobbies: Gaming, Listening to music, and obstacle course racing

I was a competitive swimmer for 15 years and will be getting back in the water to stay in shape while staying comfortable

I'm happily married and we have two corgi's WHOOOOO!

#55 of 291 Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM

Name you want to be called: Mamabear
Area of location you live: Ga
How many children you have already, if any: 3
Estimated expectancy date: June 23, 2014
Hobbies: None right now
Anything else you like to share: Wanting home water birth

Happily married and nice to meet you all. :)

#56 of 291 Old 10-16-2013, 09:20 PM

Hi!
Lil'miss here although I'm not sure that still fits! My girls really aren't lil'misses anymore. I signed up on this site 11 years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest, but haven't been on since 2010 when my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.
I am in the Southwest.
EDD June 11, 2014
Hobbies: reading, training our puppy, passionate about organic food, women's rights & natural childbirth

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#57 of 291 Old 10-17-2013, 05:27 AM

Hi! I'm Clare - I was posting in the October TTC thread with my actual name, but got it changed for obvious reasons :)
We're in Perth, Australia (west coast - wooo!)
How many children you have already, if any: This would be our first!
Estimated expectancy date: Late June, probably early July
Hobbies: DIY around our house (about to renovate our kitchen - great timing!), making coffee (dang), baking, reading, walking my pooch and hanging with my amazing musician husband.

I'm about 4.5 weeks along, Husb and I work together at a church, we're getting used to being pregnant. It's still a bit surreal to be honest! Looking forward to being a part of this DDC :)

[Clare] Wife to an amazing man. Expecting our first little nugget babyf.gifLove my pooch and DIYing our home.
#58 of 291 Old 10-17-2013, 01:39 PM

Name you want to be called: SynEpona
Area of location you live: Canada, near Niagara Falls
How many children you have already, if any: 2
Estimated expectancy date: June 1, 2014
Hobbies: when free time presents itself, I sew, read, and I used to be a runner, this was the fall I was going to start again, but ... maybe next year!

~SynEpona~
#59 of 291 Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM

SynEpona, we were in a DDC club before, in August 2011! I thought I recognized your screen name. I didn't post much then, mostly just lurked. But good to see you here!!

#60 of 291 Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nursing during pregnancy DOES NOT cause miscarriage.  I'll just say that right now.  :) 

It's nice to see that there are several of us all in the same boat here with pg and nursing.  :)  I've been pregnant, nursing, or both for the past 10 years.  I am still currently nursing my 2 year old and occasionally my 5 year old as well.  Though it's sometimes only once a month or less.  I think she's about to just forget about it and be done.  :)

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page